TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   GI Joe News > All G.I. Joe News > G.I. Joe Movie
Home G.I. Joe News Toy Database Forum Rules Register Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
G.I. Joe T-Shirts

New G. I. Joe: Retaliation 3D Poster Surfaced

g-i-joe-retaliation-3D-poster
More G. I. Joe: Retaliation movie news are pouring in. Digital Spy has posted a brand new G. I. Joe: Retaliation 3D Poster.

Update: Yahoo! Movies has also posted a slightly larger version of the poster. Official Movie Facebook Page has been updated with a Hi-Resolution version of the poster.

It seems as though the movie will now be called "G. I. Joe: Retaliation 3D" instead of just "G. I. Joe: Retaliation".... no, wait! "G. I. Joe 3D Retaliation" (Huh!?!)

The poster also reveals that United Kingdom will get to see the movie 2 days before United States.

G. I Joe: Retaliation 3D will be released on March 27, 2013 in the UK and March 29, 2013 in the US.

Directed by Jon Chu, starring Channing Tatum, Ray Park, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Bruce Willis, Elodie Yung, RZA, DJ Cotrona, Adrianne Palicki, Ray Stevenson, Joseph Mazzello, Walton Goggins and DeRay Davis.

Take a look at the new poster, after the jump.

 
Views: 3,111
Additional Images
G-I-Joe-Retaliation-3D-Hi-Res
Latest News
G.I. Joe - StarWars - Aliens And More... Buildings, Bunkers and Bases
Toystages.com New Product Back Drops For Action Figures
KOKOMO TOYS September 2014 Update & New Auctions
eBay Warning - FRAUDULENT 1982 Missile Command Center Headquarters
The Transformers Collectors' Club Figure Subscription Service Serpent OR Final Reveal!
TheToySource 9-18 Weekly SourceNews! MMC, Masterpiece, Bandai Tamashii and More!
G.I.Joe Battleground A Plague Of Plots Now Online!
The Hub No More - Discovery to Rebrand the Hub and Take Larger Stake
BBTS Pre Order Alert - 50th Anniversary Shared Exclusives
Buster Jones (Voice Actor for Doc and Zap) Passed Away (1943-2014)
Latest News From This Category
Josh Feldman Joins Hasbro Studios For G. I. Joe III
How Chris Pratt Almost Became A G. I. Joe
How Hasbro Decides Which Toys They Will Turn Into Movies
Jonathan Lemkin Chosen To Write GI Joe 3
G. I. Joe 3 To Begin Filming In Early 2015
Lorenzo di Bonaventura Says A Live Action Transformers/G.I. Joe Crossover May Not Happen
G. I. Joe 3 Confirmed For 2016
G. I. Joe 3 Teaser Poster Revealed
GI Joe 3 Update - Jon Chu Out; Search For New Director On
G.I. Joe 3 On Hold Jon M. Chu Will Direct Jem and the Holograms First
Reply To Article DISCUSSION: (Jump To This Thread On The Boards)
Shin Densetsu:
Interesting. The Cobra helicopter in the background, I know it's not that big but from far away it looks like a Retaliator in the front with new engines in the back.
SilverOptimus:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin Densetsu View Post
Interesting. The Cobra helicopter in the background, I know it's not that big but from far away it looks like a Retaliator in the front with new engines in the back.
Whoa! I was just thinking about it.

EDIT: Wow! It does look like a modernized Retaliator

Jmacq1:
And unsurprisingly it looks like Tatum is getting higher billing now....even if he still may be getting killed 15 minutes in (since apparently he didn't do any reshoots).
SoCalKid:
Rumor has it they toyed with rebranding it as 'GI Joe 3D - The Retaliation of Magic Mike'.
Dolemite:
It's a shame they wasted so much money converting this to 3D, when I'll just skip it and and see the good ol' 2D version instead.
johnturner:
The poster looks like a collage of different movies/characters as opposed to a cohesive Joe movie.
Laser Viper:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCYOJOE View Post
Whoa! I was just thinking about it.

EDIT: Wow! It does look like a modernized Retaliator

Why cant Hasbro retool the Retaliator to look like this! Would be sooo freakin cool!
Megastar:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCYOJOE View Post
Whoa! I was just thinking about it.

EDIT: Wow! It does look like a modernized Retaliator

I just notice that myself and it looks pretty sweet.
USAgent:
it's a neat poster- but I think it needs Cobra Commander in the background... something more G.I.joe and less generic military movie (The Cobra symbol is too buried in the image and even Snake-Eyes just looks like a guy in a black motorcycle helmet in this pic) But there will be tons of posters and this is just one of a whole campaign I imagine-
eddy-arashikage:
Great news that means I will have watched it at least twice before any american hahahahaha
Jinx723:
I'm still trying to figure out why Hasbro didn't use the ROC Hawk torso for the Joe 'Willis' Colton figure instead of POC Recondo's?
GENERAL CLAYTON "HAWK" ABERNATHY (v4), YOJOE.COM | YoJoe.com: Dedicated to the G.I.Joe of the 80's, 90's and beyond!
And, obviously Storm Shadow is a Joe in this Movie, at least by the end of the movie.
sbartek1974:
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnturner View Post
The poster looks like a collage of different movies/characters as opposed to a cohesive Joe movie.
I was thinking the samething. It really just looks like some other action-packed movie with some great action stars in it.
SNAKE007:
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnturner View Post
the poster looks like a collage of different movies/characters as opposed to a cohesive joe movie.
exactly!!
Raysohood:
Horrible Poster
Steelgrave:
This movie is going to be forgotten by the general public within 2-3 weeks. This will probably be the end of GI Joe for a while, same with Thundercats, so enjoy it while it lasts.

What we need are really good Mass Effect & Halo movies now. Time to leave the old 80's stuff in the past & concentrate on the current stuff.
vermillion21:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
It's a shame they wasted so much money converting this to 3D, when I'll just skip it and and see the good ol' 2D version instead.
^ ditto
DrKain:
Wow, that is absolutely atrocious. Probalby the worst movie poster ever. Not just that, but they really have to glorify the 3D don't they? Well, the only way I'll see it in 3D is if my theater is not showing it in 2D, and that will only be a matinee as I am NOT doing a night time showing for a movie I know will be crap.
DrKain:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelgrave View Post
What we need are really good Mass Effect & Halo movies now. Time to leave the old 80's stuff in the past & concentrate on the current stuff.
Why would I want a movie on a FPS? We already had one, it was called Doom, and it was awful. FPS do not make good movies because there is no story to work with. Mass Effect would not make a good movie simply because there would be too much material to cover.
Falcone:
I see I wasn't the only one to notice the Retaliator.
DrKain:
BTW, why is Tatum and Willis the focus when they are only cameo roles? Also, where is Cobra Commander? You know, THE VILLAIN!!!!
Troynos:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrKain View Post
BTW, why is Tatum and Willis the focus when they are only cameo roles? Also, where is Cobra Commander? You know, THE VILLAIN!!!!
uhm... Really need to ask that? Tatum, Johnson and Willis are the big name stars. Those are the draws of the movie. Guys will say to their girlfriends "I want to go see the new action movie with Bruce Willis" and the girlfriends will be okay because it has Tatum.

It's called marketing. It's used to advertise the movie and entice people to see it.

Cobra Commander will not bring people in to see this movie. The names Willis, Tatum, Johnson will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrKain View Post
Why would I want a movie on a FPS? We already had one, it was called Doom, and it was awful. FPS do not make good movies because there is no story to work with.
Don't know much about Halo do ya? I don't even play the game and I know that there is a lot of story to the franchise. They've made novels, comic books, out of the FPS story.

You're right that MOST FPS don't have enough story, but Halo is the exception.
Tunnel_Rat1320:
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnturner View Post
The poster looks like a collage of different movies/characters as opposed to a cohesive Joe movie.
Isn't that what GI Joe is to begin with? A bunch of guys wearing whatever they want and not trying to look like a military unit? You've got a sailor, a ninja, a cop, and a bunch of people in their own military fatigues with different camo patterns... Yep, GI Joe.
SilverOptimus:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troynos View Post
uhm... Really need to ask that? Tatum, Johnson and Willis are the big name stars. Those are the draws of the movie. Guys will say to their girlfriends "I want to go see the new action movie with Bruce Willis" and the girlfriends will be okay because it has Tatum.

It's called marketing. It's used to advertise the movie and entice people to see it.

Cobra Commander will not bring people in to see this movie. The names Willis, Tatum, Johnson will.

Don't know much about Halo do ya? I don't even play the game and I know that there is a lot of story to the franchise. They've made novels, comic books, out of the FPS story.

You're right that MOST FPS don't have enough story, but Halo is the exception.
I agree with Troynos. I have friends (girls) who doesn't care much about G. I. Joe but love it because of Tatum (I honestly don't see why... I tried... but couldn't figure out).

I'm a huge Halo fan... and No! it's not because of the multiplayer...but because of the story. Love it. Troynos is right... unlike games like COD or other FPS, Halo story universe is as vast as Star Wars.
johnturner:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunnel_Rat1320 View Post
Isn't that what GI Joe is to begin with? A bunch of guys wearing whatever they want and not trying to look like a military unit? You've got a sailor, a ninja, a cop, and a bunch of people in their own military fatigues with different camo patterns... Yep, GI Joe.

I agree with your point. What I'm saying is that the different characters on the poster don't all look like they're in the same movie, that's all. I'm still excited to see the the movie, though. High hopes, low expectations I guess.
jestermon:
Storm Shadow should be the one that's as big as Duke , SS was the best part in the first movie, and no helmeted Cobra Commander at all, who might make people that were out of GI Joe for years actually go see the movie.

People that have been dissapointed in the clear and silver masks from the first movie, could have helped.

Since the CC suit is the only character that's really anything like the cartoon on Cobra's side.

Halo would make a good movie, I never even played the games got into the Mega bloks and have seen the FOD series, they just would have to make multiple movies, becasue trying to fit all that into one movie would be extremely confusing.
DrKain:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troynos View Post
Cobra Commander will not bring people in to see this movie. The names Willis, Tatum, Johnson will.
Really? Because CC is the only reason I am willing to see this crapfest.
 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO
Powered by: vBadvanced Dynamics.
Sponsors
G.I. Joe Toys
G.I. Joe Toys
G.I. Joe Toys
G.I. Joe Toys
Custom G.I. Joe and Cobra Stickers
G.I. Joe Toys
G.I. Joe Toys
G.I. Joe Toys
G.I. Joe Toys
G.I. Joe Toys
G.I. Joe on Ebay Now!
G.I. Joe on Ebay Now!
Cool Stuff
NJCC