TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   GI Joe News > All G.I. Joe News > G.I. Joe Movie
Home G.I. Joe News Toy Database Forum Rules Register Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
G.I. Joe T-Shirts

G.I.JOE Retaliation Wave 2 Storm Shadow Movie Action Figure Images

001-Storm-Shadow-GIJOE-retaliation
Wave 2 GIJOE Retaliation Storm Shadow (Sneak Attack) images are now up for your viewing pleasure.

Sneak Attack Storm Shadow shares a violent history with G.I.Joe Ninja Snake Eyes that will lead them into an unknown future where foes may become friends! GIJOE is the worlds greatest special-ops fighting force with top-secret Ninja training from the toughest of masters. Led buy ultimate Ninja Commando Roadblock these elite heroes defend the globe from the evil forces of Cobra.

Many more Sneak Attack Storm Shadow images after the jump.
 
Views: 4,565
Additional Images
002-Storm-Shadow-GIJOE-retaliation
004-Storm-Shadow-GIJOE-retaliation
006-Storm-Shadow-GIJOE-retaliation
007-Storm-Shadow-GIJOE-retaliation
008-Storm-Shadow-GIJOE-retaliation
009-Storm-Shadow-GIJOE-retaliation
010-Storm-Shadow-GIJOE-retaliation
011-Storm-Shadow-GIJOE-retaliation
Latest News
Marauder Task Force Action Figures Plastic Color Prototypes
Acid Rain Convention Exclusive Green Agurts Infantry Soldier Revealed!
G.I.Joe Reloaded Custom Project Has Launched!
Roll Out Roll Call 5 Latest Newsletter Now Available
G.I. Joe Custom Rocket - POC Steel Marauder Hauler
Happy Labor Day From Hisstank.com!
StylinOnline.com Celebrate G.I. Joe's 50th Anniversary with Up To 35% Off
G.I. Joe Combat Cruiser Converted Into Custom Cobra Stinger
COBRA COMMANDER: THE DICTATOR Now Instock and Ready To Ship
Hasbro Applies For A New G. I. Joe Trademark - Scarlett
Latest News From This Category
Josh Feldman Joins Hasbro Studios For G. I. Joe III
How Chris Pratt Almost Became A G. I. Joe
How Hasbro Decides Which Toys They Will Turn Into Movies
Jonathan Lemkin Chosen To Write GI Joe 3
G. I. Joe 3 To Begin Filming In Early 2015
Lorenzo di Bonaventura Says A Live Action Transformers/G.I. Joe Crossover May Not Happen
G. I. Joe 3 Confirmed For 2016
G. I. Joe 3 Teaser Poster Revealed
GI Joe 3 Update - Jon Chu Out; Search For New Director On
G.I. Joe 3 On Hold Jon M. Chu Will Direct Jem and the Holograms First
Reply To Article DISCUSSION: (Jump To This Thread On The Boards)
DESTRO:
Wave 2 GIJOE Retaliation Storm Shadow Images are now up for your viewing pleasure. Check out the images below.

Storm Shadow (Sneak Attack) 2013 - Retaliation Cobra Figures G.I. Joe Retaliation
Jinx723:
Ah, sweet he comes with the RoC Aero Viper vest.
I mainly want this Storm Shadow for a custom. But depending if he is actually wearing this in the Movie, I'l get another to keep as is.
Clobbertron:
I'm really going to miss file cards, I hope they come back after the movie line.
Jinx723:
Doubt it.
They haven't done decent file cards since 2008. I don't think they gonna start now, with all the cutting costs they have been doing.
Clobbertron:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx723 View Post
Doubt it.
They haven't done decent file cards since 2008. I don't think they gonna start now, with all the cutting costs they have been doing.
I see DG repaints in paper bags for 2014.
Ruin:
Hinged wrists?

*check*

Rocker ankles?

*check*

So it looks like fears about pervasive articulation downgrades may not have been well founded.

I think I'm going to buy one of these.

Quote:
Doubt it.
They haven't done decent file cards since 2008. I don't think they gonna start now, with all the cutting costs they have been doing.
ARAH/25th filecards were a function of ARAH. It seems the costcutting of eliminating filecards would probably be minor given you can hire a bunch of interns to write that stuff and cross-reference it for continuity. You're going to be printing a cardback regardless, so printing savings can't be that much. They all use the same template and simple concept-like photos that probably exist in stock, though I could be wrong.

I'm guessing that the movie toy buying public cares so little about what's on a cardback that they aren't going to clip the filecard anyways and will just throw it in the can. Whatever savings, however minor, are then worth it.

ROC and POC cardbacks were different because they weren't ARAH/25th, so they went with a different stlyle. It's probably as simple as that.
Jinx723:
Actually the ROC file cards weren't so bad. I like the artwork and the fingerprints. I just hate the baseball card style like they did in '92. And I really hated the fact that everyone used the same damn "820 Selective-Fire Long Range Fully Automatic Assault Rifle"
astrakhan:
The weapons (hexagon backpack, swords and chain) are going to my DG Storm Shadow since they finally color-match. I'm sure I'll come up with something interesting for the rest of it, especially the backpack, which is cool... but not for Storm Shadow. (Maybe I'll give that to Alpine?)
scruffyronin:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruin View Post
Hinged wrists?

*check*

Rocker ankles?

*check*

So it looks like fears about pervasive articulation downgrades may not have been well founded.
Dude, how dare you mock the armchair marketing execs?
Masazuka:
"...that will lead them into an unknown future where foes may become friends!"

Nice! Really hoping to see them team up in the movie.
Konigstiger:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruin View Post
Hinged wrists?

*check*

Rocker ankles?

*check*

So it looks like fears about pervasive articulation downgrades may not have been well founded.

I think I'm going to buy one of these.
This proves nothing, as it was established fairly early that the ninjas wouldn't be subject to the articulation cuts.
UNDERCOVER:
He looks pretty cool to me. One thing i don't like is Stormy coming with a gun, I'm old school i guess.
speedocub:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruin View Post

So it looks like fears about pervasive articulation downgrades may not have been well founded.
Articulation downgrades, while not universal are indeed present and pervasive. Going forward Hasbro may have realized their folly, but they already have a ton of sub-articulated product in the pipe. It's too early to tell if it will continue or be a bad memory. What was shown in previews past the first couple waves was what we all had expected but we'll have to deal with what ever we get.

This figure however is an easy pass...a very close version to this was already available in the ROC line and I don't see a need for this one. Just another slot that could have been better filled with something new.
Shamac:
Well, I think there are tooooooo many SS in white, when will be a new one with a diferent camo, as uban camo, night outfit as as a commando, a green camo? Well something...but I'll but this one..If distributed in México...just dreaming - Retaliation toy line seems is not coming
Jinx723:
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNDERCOVER View Post
He looks pretty cool to me. One thing i don't like is Stormy coming with a gun, I'm old school i guess.
Agreed. No guns for Storm Shadow in my Joe-verse.
I think the only time Tommy used a gun was in the 'Nam flashback when he's carrying Snake Eyes to the chopper.
devilfish60:
Hasbro:"lets make a rise of cobra repaint...and throw in some pursuit of cobra weapons...there were done" God save our joes!
UNDERCOVER:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx723 View Post
Agreed. No guns for Storm Shadow in my Joe-verse.
I think the only time Tommy used a gun was in the 'Nam flashback when he's carrying Snake Eyes to the chopper.
Now your talking! What a awesome story that was. I might go pull that comic out right now. thanks!
ChadVamp:
I didn't know that he was gonna have all the bells and whistles, but after the 2 new stormshadows we got from wave 1 and amazon packs I'm SS all filled up I do like an update to the joe version of stormy and the ankle action might be enough to offset the long skirt.
I dunno guess I'll have to make an on the spot decision.
vapor:
I can see why people dont care for this version, it is a lot like the roc one, but he is a bit different. I personally like this SS for some odd reason, it has grown on me a lot since we first got pics. When i get it in hand i may change my mind but im thinking this will be a SS people appreciate down the road.

And as for hasbro cutting costs, the stupid string back pack crap they are sticking with all the figs is to blame. If they got rid of that crap then atleast we could get are stands back. It blows my mind hasbro jumped the price of figs to 10 bucks and cant even include the stand, it really annoys me, now im going to have to start buying extra stands.
Dusty Ayers:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruin View Post
Hinged wrists?

*check*

Rocker ankles?

*check*

So it looks like fears about pervasive articulation downgrades may not have been well founded.

I think I'm going to buy one of these.



ARAH/25th filecards were a function of ARAH. It seems the costcutting of eliminating filecards would probably be minor given you can hire a bunch of interns to write that stuff and cross-reference it for continuity. You're going to be printing a cardback regardless, so printing savings can't be that much. They all use the same template and simple concept-like photos that probably exist in stock, though I could be wrong.

I'm guessing that the movie toy buying public cares so little about what's on a cardback that they aren't going to clip the filecard anyways and will just throw it in the can. Whatever savings, however minor, are then worth it.

ROC and POC cardbacks were different because they weren't ARAH/25th, so they went with a different stlyle. It's probably as simple as that.
With the exception of the Joe trooper the entire first wave of Retaliation figs are unarticulated garbage. I think a lot of people's concerns over lack of articulation are well founded. Don't get me started on the vehicle drivers...... There are some awesome figs coming though. Ultimate SE, FF, and Duke are awesome!
Colonel Bludd:
Pass!!!!!!
TheRealDubya:
Pass, pass, pass.

Feel like I've already bought that figure 5 or 6 times in my life.
cobraEdaco:
I like most of wave 2, but this just screams "pass"!!!
skinny:
I look at this and see Storm Shadow V2 (the Joe) it will be one of the few Retaliation figures I buy.
vermillion21:
meh
Ruin:
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedocub View Post
Articulation downgrades, while not universal are indeed present and pervasive. Going forward Hasbro may have realized their folly, but they already have a ton of sub-articulated product in the pipe. It's too early to tell if it will continue or be a bad memory. What was shown in previews past the first couple waves was what we all had expected but we'll have to deal with what ever we get.

This figure however is an easy pass...a very close version to this was already available in the ROC line and I don't see a need for this one. Just another slot that could have been better filled with something new.
A couple vehicle drivers, most of which are reduntant as well as a few first-wave figures having a few joints removed doesn't equal "pervasive"

Articulation limitations of these early figures are just a passing issue. The only real loss so far is the Swamp Viper, something that would have been difficult to army build anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konigstiger View Post
This proves nothing, as it was established fairly early that the ninjas wouldn't be subject to the articulation cuts.
And it hasn't been proven that reduction in articulation will be at all extensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Ayers View Post
With the exception of the Joe trooper the entire first wave of Retaliation figs are unarticulated garbage. I think a lot of people's concerns over lack of articulation are well founded. Don't get me started on the vehicle drivers...... There are some awesome figs coming though. Ultimate SE, FF, and Duke are awesome!
Single Carded Roadblock and Cobra Commander, yes. Clutch, Hiss CC, Ninja thingy SE, and Swamp Viper, yes, as well as the ridiculously stylized parachute trooper. But the rest of wave one has "Standard" articulation.

I'm guessing when all is said and done sometime in 2014, Retaliation will be consensus a better film for collector figures/vehicles than ROC was.
speedocub:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruin View Post
A couple vehicle drivers, most of which are reduntant as well as a few first-wave figures having a few joints removed doesn't equal "pervasive"
Pervasive: Adjective(esp. of an unwelcome influence or physical effect) Spreading widely throughout an area or a group of people.

In this case it applies to 6 figures in Figures Wave 1 (including Duplicates) 50% of the total mass
In this case it applies to 6 Figures in Alpha and Delta Waves (Drivers) 100% of the total mass
In this case it applies to 3 Figures in Wave 2 (Including Duplicates) 25% of the total mass

of a total possible 30 figures, of which 15 are of sub-par articulation...so that meets the definition...even at 50% of the total offering at onset. Looks to be unwelcome to me...and every other fugger that complains.
Rainbow Viper:
The figure doesn't look bad or anything and is certainly a step up in quality compared to some of the others in this wave and wave 1 but I'm Storm Shadowed out so I'm probably gonna be skipping at least until it's clearanced.
Ruin:
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedocub View Post
Pervasive: Adjective(esp. of an unwelcome influence or physical effect) Spreading widely throughout an area or a group of people.

In this case it applies to 6 figures in Figures Wave 1 (including Duplicates) 50% of the total mass
In this case it applies to 6 Figures in Alpha and Delta Waves (Drivers) 100% of the total mass
In this case it applies to 3 Figures in Wave 2 (Including Duplicates) 25% of the total mass

of a total possible 30 figures, of which 15 are of sub-par articulation...so that meets the definition...
no it doesn't meet the definition since it will not become the new norm of the whole line, only the early figures of these movie toys and possibly redundant vehicle drivers going forward. This is isolated, not pervasive.
lardman:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx723 View Post
Agreed. No guns for Storm Shadow in my Joe-verse.
I think the only time Tommy used a gun was in the 'Nam flashback when he's carrying Snake Eyes to the chopper.
Also in "Double Trouble" Marvel ARAH #119, he uses SE's Uzi (with some words of apology for the poor form) as his swords have been knocked away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapor View Post
I can see why people dont care for this version, it is a lot like the roc one, but he is a bit different. I personally like this SS for some odd reason, it has grown on me a lot since we first got pics. When i get it in hand i may change my mind but im thinking this will be a SS people appreciate down the road.
It does look quite similar I agree, though I'm sort of tempted by the accessories (and I'm a glutton for SE and SS, sorry). Not for full whack though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapor View Post
And as for hasbro cutting costs, the stupid string back pack crap they are sticking with all the figs is to blame. If they got rid of that crap then atleast we could get are stands back. It blows my mind hasbro jumped the price of figs to 10 bucks and cant even include the stand, it really annoys me, now im going to have to start buying extra stands.
I guess the string backpack is more appealing to kids, and tbh I'd prefer a grappling hook (minus the attached backpack), or just about anything else, to a stand.
Blackjack76117:
I am hoping this version will not have a Cobra sigil on his outfit. If not, he will be replacing my 25th V2 Storm Shadow.
Shin Densetsu:
Does it really have rocker ankles?
Ruin:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin Densetsu View Post
Does it really have rocker ankles?
Er, I could be wrong.

I sure hope so, though. Pic 4 kinda makes it look like it does based on the angle of the left ankle to the leg. However, if they wanted to show off the ankles they could have posed it so much more convincingly than that.
Konigstiger:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin Densetsu View Post
Does it really have rocker ankles?
I don't believe so. I think it's pretty much all carry over from the RoC one.

I've see a few figures where the regular ankle hinge kinda cocks to the side like that.
John Christopher Depp:
He doesn't have rocker ankles, but he does have the newer style ball/swivel wrists, however you want to describe them.
bitetheasp:
Looks good. May buy it.
joecrazybill:
Well not perfect by any sense, I will prob buy 10.
Ruin:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konigstiger View Post
I don't believe so. I think it's pretty much all carry over from the RoC one.

I've see a few figures where the regular ankle hinge kinda cocks to the side like that.
Drat!

It's still going to be one I buy, however.
M_renegade:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruin View Post
Er, I could be wrong.

I sure hope so, though. Pic 4 kinda makes it look like it does based on the angle of the left ankle to the leg. However, if they wanted to show off the ankles they could have posed it so much more convincingly than that.
Dude, where have you been the last years? :P
That figure has nothing, and i mean nothing new.
There's no rocker ankle there (not posible considering the pants are above the ankle). The feet cock like that to the sides because 90% of RoC figures had that issue, it looks awful in person.

He's just a repaint of the only thing that nobody liked yet they kept. A ninja shouldn't look like a dandy on white leather.

He does have the extra joint on the wrists, though, point on favour.
Besides that, he's the most boring figures of Retaliation so far. Not the worst... but damn, it's boring liek hell to see that pegwarmer again. What's worst, we'll get an even more boring SS on the 3pk with Firefly.
ozzie92:
If that was Hasbro's tagline, "foes might become friends," then thanks a lot for ruining the movie for me, Hasbro. Suspecting this or not, I've been staying away from spoilers. <sigh>
MJjoe4life:
I will be buying him! I know it is pretty much just ROC SS, but maybe it is the paint job that makes me want to buy a couple of him. Not a bad figure, not awesome either.
Mr Hebime:
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNDERCOVER View Post
He looks pretty cool to me. One thing i don't like is Stormy coming with a gun, I'm old school i guess.
Then go over issue 24. Storm Shadow is out to rescue Cobra Commander with a sniper rifle in hand. That's about as old school as you can get. He does look pretty cool, but that hood is just too bulky.
Kitchen Viper:
Looks like he has a new skirt piece that allows more mobility; more open in the back. Comes with some good gear. I'll probably buy a few for custom fodder if TRU has a sale.
steve_smmr:
my store just got our wave 2 in.... and regardless the opinions on this figure, if you intend on getting him here's a slight warning: the paint apps on the ones we got have been marvel universe jubilee screwed up. some of them had random blotches of yellow paint, and some of the paint masks have been really off as well.

just a heads up. not sure if this is widespread or not.
gk11973:
I landed this figure a few days ago, as well as Flint, Roadblock and Snake Eyes, alas, no Firefly. He is definitely the low point of the wave. The ROC version of him with this camo is much better IMO. I also find it strange that he had a holster on his belt, but no weapon to go in it. I don't mind that he comes with a rifle, but I hate when there is a holster or sheath and no weapon for it. I guess it is acceptable for the DG joes, but when I pay 10 bucks I want a weapon for every spot. Overall I think he is just kind of an OK version of Storm Shadow. And no, he does not have rocker ankles.
orezona:
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedocub View Post

This figure however is an easy pass...a very close version to this was already available in the ROC line and I don't see a need for this one. Just another slot that could have been better filled with something new.
THIS.

Such an easy pass.
memphis01:
I'll buy one, compare with similar ROC version and leave the one I like better.
monstermonkey:
This has some cool accessories, but I have too many SS figs as it is. I have the ROC one with this pattern and coat, and don't think I really need another. I'd buy him on clearance or in one of those "Buy Two, Get One Free" deals TRU always does.
UNDERCOVER:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hebime View Post
Then go over issue 24. Storm Shadow is out to rescue Cobra Commander with a sniper rifle in hand. That's about as old school as you can get. He does look pretty cool, but that hood is just too bulky.
I was referring to the figures V1,V2 etc.
orezona:
Ninjas with machine guns just seems so wrong...



Oh wait, never mind.
 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO
Powered by: vBadvanced Dynamics.
Sponsors
G.I. Joe Toys
G.I. Joe Toys
G.I. Joe Toys
G.I. Joe Toys
Custom G.I. Joe and Cobra Stickers
G.I. Joe Toys
G.I. Joe Toys
G.I. Joe Toys
G.I. Joe Toys
G.I. Joe Toys
G.I. Joe on Ebay Now!
G.I. Joe on Ebay Now!
Cool Stuff
NJCC