TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   GI Joe News > All G.I. Joe News > G.I. Joe Movie
Home G.I. Joe News Toy Database Forum Rules Register Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
G.I. Joe T-Shirts

GIJOE Retaliation Dark Ninja In-Hand Action Figure Images

Thanks to HISSTANK.com boards member Cobraoner for posting up his in-hand images of the upcoming GIJOE Retaliation Dark Ninja. Dark Ninja is currently under Wave 3 of GIJOE Retaliation Movie Toys and should be available by next spring.

View more images of Dark Ninja after the jump.
Credit: Cobraoner of the Hiss Tank Forums!
Views: 5,132
Additional Images
black-dragon-gijoe-retaliation-movie-toy
black-dragon-gijoe-retaliation-movie-toy1
black-dragon-gijoe-retaliation-movie-toy2
black-dragon-gijoe-retaliation-movie-toy3
black-dragon-gijoe-retaliation-movie-toy4
black-dragon-gijoe-retaliation-movie-toy5
Latest News
50th Anniversary: Tiger Force Tripwire by OreoBuilder
Lost Planet 3 3/4th Scale Figures Up for Pre-Order!
House Of Fun G.I. Joe Vintage Sponsor Update 4/24/14
Marauder Task Force Kickstarter Update
theToySource SourceNews - Spring Cleaning Sale Now Live
NJCC Summer Show Date August 17th 2014 Dealer Registration Now Open
Call of Duty Mega Bloks Heavy Armor Outpost Photo Shoot
GI Joe A Real American Hero #201 Preview
DorksideToys.com News Sponsor Letter 4/21/14
Cobra Secto Viper - 2014 Joe Con Custom Comp Winner by 666Werecat and Raginspoon
Latest News From This Category
GI Joe 3 Update - Jon Chu Out; Search For New Director On
G.I. Joe 3 On Hold Jon M. Chu Will Direct Jem and the Holograms First
G.I.Joe 3 Movie Logo First Look From Toy Fair 2014
GI.JOE: Retaliation - Snake Eyes Movie Replica Leather Jacket
UD Replicas G.I.Joe Retaliation Snake Eyes Museum Quality Leather Replica Teaser Image
UD Replicas G.I.Joe Retaliation Storm Shadow Museum Quality Leather Replica Teaser Image
Lee Byung-Hun Returns To G.I.Joe 3!
G.I. Joe: Retaliation Cobra Commander Leather Trench Coat Replica
G. I. Joe 3 Filming To Begin Next Year
Adrianne Palicki To Return As Lady Jaye In G.I.Joe 3!
Reply To Article DISCUSSION: (Jump To This Thread On The Boards)
Cobraoner:
Just got this in the mail ...
Although the ankle articulation was an issue before I think on the ninjas it was an ok thing ... Not sad its gonna but kinda miss it.

I'm not sure if it will be a running change but the packaging shows two heads .. the tornado kick Storm shadow and the default head from the renegades(30th) Stormy. However my figure only came with one head (renegades).

As far as weapons go. Mine only included what is shown.

Another change was the color. I was under the impression it would be black. However as shown in the photos .. He is smoke grey ... TO be honest im growing fond of him already. Ill take more photos later on once i get my set up .
RolandofGilead:
Looks awesome. I will take three.
Cobraoner:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RolandofGilead View Post
Looks awesome. I will take three.
I think the ankle articulation would've been cool but the old fashioned one I think for the long run will be more beneficial .. IM already having trouble with some of my red ninjas. They just flop over on their stands.
jumido:
I'm gonna buy the crap out of these.
haradrel:
I'm really annoyed at the ankle articulation.
They could have done it right, the same articulation but moved it to more of the middle instead of the back of the foot itself, that way you would get more natural poses and more balance. - Like with Scarlett which was less bad then the Red and now Black Ninja.

I am however going to get at least 3-5 of these, maybe get some ninja ku legs to switch out.
MJjoe4life:
Thanks for the pics. I cant wait to get a few of these. Maybe the other head will be a running change so then i can have an excuse to buy more, lol.
TARGETSIX:
I greatly prefer this ankle articulation (traditional) over the recent change and certainly more than the sad "no ankle articulation".
RolandofGilead:
This has me excited over Retaliation Wave 3 all over again. I still have two sets of five figures on Pre-order with BBTS.

Cyber Ninja "Wraith"
Joe Colton
Red Cobra Trooper
Dark Ninja Warrior
Lady Jaye

If I had somewhere to send the extra Joe Colton and Lady Jaye figures, I'd pre-order a third.
Troops of Doom:
Nice looking figure. Don't know if I really need another ninja though.
turner:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RolandofGilead View Post
This has me excited over Retaliation Wave 3 all over again.

Cyber Ninja "Wraith"
Joe Colton
Red Cobra Trooper
Dark Ninja Warrior
Lady Jaye
Looking forward to this crazy movie stuff. And the night viper.
80sKid:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troops of Doom View Post
Nice looking figure. Don't know if I really need another ninja though.
IMO you can never have too many ninjas! Figure is choice! One minor complaint is that I would have preferred the original black to charcoal gray. He would have matched better with my ninja dio that is all black, white and red. Oh well he looks great none the less.
RolandofGilead:
Were these ever made in black apart from the SDCC/Joe Con sample? Did anyone ever get a black uniformed ninja in hand?
Steelgrave:
They really aren't even trying anymore. Dark Ninja? That's about the same as those generic 8" ninja figures at Dollar General.

Hasbro really went down the crapper in the past few years. As if it's not bad enough they can no longer get their product into stores, they have to make thing worse by giving us this generic shit for super inflated prices. I definitely quit at the right time.
Laser Viper:
I like it, 3 Red Ninjas and 3 Black Ninja is all thats needed.
nighthawk:
Thanks for the pics. Kinda funny how the figure on the bottom of the back of the card has a totally different head.
Cobraoner:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk View Post
Thanks for the pics. Kinda funny how the figure on the bottom of the back of the card has a totally different head.
"I'm not sure if it will be a running change but the packaging shows two heads .. the tornado kick Storm shadow and the default head from the renegades(30th) Stormy. However my figure only came with one head (renegades)." I hope once released at retail they give you both heads .. It be nice to have at least one variation of each.
Creeping Death:
Cool fig; will most likely snag one.

Do we know if he'll be in the movie though?
Ford:
It's a great looking figure. I couldn't care less about the ankle articulation. That gets way too many complaints. I don't care if the ankle moves at all on most figures.

And it's great to finally have a ninja in a black costume. I know there was Ninja Ku, but I'm sure most people never even knew of him until they found out on the internet, and then the 25th version was just lackluster. I don't know how anyone can say Hasbro is lazy now because of figures like this. He's a troop builder. No different than any of the various Python Patrol troops or other subsets. You can't expect every figure to be a work of art.
brock Samson:
The back images also show the renegades backpack and swords. It's a possibility there was a change made after the delay are reorganizing the later releases.
SunDown:
I simply can not get over how absolutely terrible the packaging for these figures are. I can't imagine that people (like me) who keep their figures MOC will touch these.
orezona:
I like the "alternate" head better... Seeing all three of the same mold next to each other looks kind of odd.

Sort of like Storm Troopers/Clones.

I'll definitely get at least one of these. I'm starting to think I'll have to check around to see if there are any more Whirlwind Kick Stormys warming any pegs at my local corner drugstore.
Steevy Maximus:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RolandofGilead View Post
This has me excited over Retaliation Wave 3 all over again. I still have two sets of five figures on Pre-order with BBTS.
Cyber Ninja "Wraith"
Joe Colton
Red Cobra Trooper
Dark Ninja Warrior
Lady Jaye
If I had somewhere to send the extra Joe Colton and Lady Jaye figures, I'd pre-order a third.
You guys with the old 3rd Wave preorders DO realize that Hasbro reworked the wave, right? Cyber Ninja got bumped to wave 4, and Hasbro added the 3 movie accurate figures to the assortment. I'm almost certain BBTS will ultimately end up canceling the existing preorders (or at least offer to change it to the new set with the extra costs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford View Post
It's a great looking figure. I couldn't care less about the ankle articulation. That gets way too many complaints. I don't care if the ankle moves at all on most figures.
THANK YOU! For all the fuss about the extra articulation, when you get right down to it, all it ultimately does is create a more expensive, more fragile figure.
I think that viewpoint (each figure must have articulation EVERYWHERE) only serves to illustrate the disparity between creating a collector's item, and creating a toy.
To be honest, I would NOT be adverse to see Joe swing back towards the "toy side" of things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brock Samson View Post
The back images also show the renegades backpack and swords. It's a possibility there was a change made after the delay are reorganizing the later releases.
No, most likely is that the figure was slated for release with more gear (and an extra head) which got axed for cost concerns, just like what happened with most 30th figures.
MFJayman:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDown View Post
I simply can not get over how absolutely terrible the packaging for these figures are. I can't imagine that people (like me) who keep their figures MOC will touch these.
The worst aspect is that some fantastic figures that are more 30th than Retaliation (Cobra Invasion pack Firefly, Night Viper, etc) will come in this sort of packaging. I like having both a MOC and loose figure of the best figures. So not having a great 30th card (let along 25th-style card) for Firefly or Night Viper will be disappointing.

Maybe we could get a slight variation of the 3-pack FF single carded, in the post-Retaliation line.
RolandofGilead:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steevy Maximus View Post
You guys with the old 3rd Wave preorders DO realize that Hasbro reworked the wave, right? Cyber Ninja got bumped to wave 4, and Hasbro added the 3 movie accurate figures to the assortment. I'm almost certain BBTS will ultimately end up canceling the existing preorders (or at least offer to change it to the new set with the extra costs)
No, I didn't know they revised the waves at all. I wonder why BBTS has kept my order as it was?
Steevy Maximus:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RolandofGilead View Post
No, I didn't know they revised the waves at all. I wonder why BBTS has kept my order as it was?
At Joecon, Hasbro clearly said that wave 3 was reworked and showed the new batch of figures (which also includes the Night Viper)
G.I. Joe: Retaliation Toys – 2013 SuperPage | Generals Joes - A blog about the importance (or unimportance) of little plastic men

BBTS has likely kept the preorders because they haven't received solicitations for the revised wave 3 (which may not pop up until after New Year's)
orezona:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDown View Post
I simply can not get over how absolutely terrible the packaging for these figures are. I can't imagine that people (like me) who keep their figures MOC will touch these.
If they were going to go generic on the packaging, they could have at least put a little more effort into it...


vs.

RolandofGilead:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steevy Maximus View Post
At Joecon, Hasbro clearly said that wave 3 was reworked and showed the new batch of figures (which also includes the Night Viper)
G.I. Joe: Retaliation Toys 2013 SuperPage | Generals Joes - A blog about the importance (or unimportance) of little plastic men

BBTS has likely kept the preorders because they haven't received solicitations for the revised wave 3 (which may not pop up until after New Year's)
That sucks because I have had two pre-orders of the original W3 with BBTS since May. According to that new list, I don't know how they'll change things since the original was for only the five "new" figures in the wave and now there's more.
Kaboomskie:
Shoot, he doesn't even have the sash thingie...only a black belt...ugly bastard with few accessories, I'll take 10 please.
TheLongestDay:
Sign me up for 8
Cobraoner:
Quote:
Originally Posted by orezona View Post
If they were going to go generic on the packaging, they could have at least put a little more effort into it...


vs.

I prefer a sandwich bag.
ilzuccone:
ha, can't wait for the fuchsia and leopard print repaints.
CVdelgado:
i was orginally excited about this one. now im not. whatever they did they made it look pretty lame compared to the original pics i saw. its a pass for me now.
ROC Solid Snake:
I like it a lot.
Steel Brigade:
I can dig it!
Shin Densetsu:
Definitely looking forward to this. Would have preferred if the Hayabusa-esque head was included because I LOVE ME SOME NINJA GAIDEN.

As is, this figure makes for a great generic ninja. I for one do not know what the hell the red character on his gi means so whatever, generic ninja it is! Anyways I plan on buying a number of ninjas be it red or dark for Storm Shadow customs. Plus a band of ninjas for Storm Shadow. I love how this mold can do the dim mak with the right hand.

I just hope the plastic quality is better than Retaliation wave 1. I also wish it came with different swords, as the Renegades 4 pack/Retaliation Zartan swords were reused way too soon imo.
Cobraoner:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin Densetsu View Post
Definitely looking forward to this. Would have preferred if the Hayabusa-esque head was included because I LOVE ME SOME NINJA GAIDEN.

As is, this figure makes for a great generic ninja. I for one do not know what the hell the red character on his gi means so whatever, generic ninja it is! Anyways I plan on buying a number of ninjas be it red or dark for Storm Shadow customs. Plus a band of ninjas for Storm Shadow. I love how this mold can do the dim mak with the right hand.

I just hope the plastic quality is better than Retaliation wave 1. I also wish it came with different swords, as the Renegades 4 pack/Retaliation Zartan swords were reused way too soon imo.
Shin, The plastic is about the equivalent to renegades storm shadow.
I agree maybe when they hit retail they will release it with both heads and maybe some better swords ..
Jinx723:
You had to go and get one from Viperskingdom, didn't you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobraoner View Post
"I'm not sure if it will be a running change but the packaging shows two heads .. the tornado kick Storm shadow and the default head from the renegades(30th) Stormy. However my figure only came with one head (renegades)." I hope once released at retail they give you both heads .. It be nice to have at least one variation of each.
It won't happen. What we see is what we'll be getting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFJayman View Post
The worst aspect is that some fantastic figures that are more 30th than Retaliation (Cobra Invasion pack Firefly, Night Viper, etc) will come in this sort of packaging. I like having both a MOC and loose figure of the best figures. So not having a great 30th card (let along 25th-style card) for Firefly or Night Viper will be disappointing.

Maybe we could get a slight variation of the 3-pack FF single carded, in the post-Retaliation line.
This will definitely NOT happen.
I'm surprised that no one has noticed that this is a straight up repaint of Renegade Storm Shadow. I actually prefer the knees and lower legs of the Red Ninjas and wish it was Black and not some dark grey. Either way, I'll be getting three of these Renegade Storm Shadow repaints.
Shin Densetsu:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobraoner View Post
Shin, The plastic is about the equivalent to renegades storm shadow.
I agree maybe when they hit retail they will release it with both heads and maybe some better swords ..
WHOA...Renegades Storm Shadow quality is a lot higher than Retaliation Red Ninja quality, so I am VERY happy to hear this.

Unfortunately I doubt it will come with the better swords and the Hayabusa head. I think what you got is what you will get. However, since the Hayabusa head is not present, I wonder if it's coming later?

Like Retaliation Red Ninja repainted in white WITH the Hayabusa head and the Renegades/30th swords that the Retaliation Invasion 3 pack Storm Shadow has. Kind of like a post-Retaliation Storm Shadow aimed at those who missed out on the 2011 30th/Renegades Storm Shadow. It's not too different, the sleeve/pants sculpts for the lower arms and legs the the same sans the new armor pads and ankles.

Hell I'd buy it.

Honestly I dig variety but I am in the minority, I LOVE the abundance of ninja figures. POC gave us a cool generic ninja in the form of Temple Guardian Snake Eyes, and Retaliation ups the ante with the Dark Ninja.
Steevy Maximus:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin Densetsu View Post
Unfortunately I doubt it will come with the better swords and the Hayabusa head. I think what you got is what you will get. However, since the Hayabusa head is not present, I wonder if it's coming later?
Hasbro DID show a "Dark Ninja Master" in their concept case...maybe they're saving the Hyabusa head to give that potential figure some individuality?
Shin Densetsu:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steevy Maximus View Post
Hasbro DID show a "Dark Ninja Master" in their concept case...maybe they're saving the Hyabusa head to give that potential figure some individuality?
Could be. I'd like to see how it would turn out(should changes be made).
SmokePants:
I'm confused about the ankle articulation. The OP makes it sound like he has none, but it looks like it's using the same parts as 30th Storm Shadow, which definitely has ankle articulation. Did the OP mean to say that he misses the rocker ankles that the Red Ninja had?

Personally, I don't like the rockers. They don't turn and the peg holes are always too shallow. I would be happy to have the normal ankles back. Of course, if rockers could turn and have deeper peg holes, that would be the best of both worlds.

Still bitter that they didn't go with the other head, though.
vermillion21:
I prefer the Sigma 6 Dark Ninja Shadow Master

OAFE - GI Joe Sigma 6: Dark Ninja Master review
Kaboomskie:
I can hardly wait...finally, I have black/charcoal ninjas on my Joe-verse.

The reason why the red ninja is an easy pass for me is because his hands are painted red. Would have bought 10 of those if he had flesh-colored hands.
poddie:
I also much prefer the older, more sturdy ankles. I love the way they can turn to make it easier for them to stand.

As for this figure, I'm not too excited. Same figure in black.
soundwave84:
i got one on it's way to me as well as firefly and cyber ninja.
soundwave84:
i got one on it's way to me as well as firefly and cyber ninja that i got at a good price!
crowncoke:
PUt me down for a handful! Thanks for sharing
Stygian:
I've been pretty underwhelmed by the Retaliation product thus far (especially the uber kiddish vehicles and Mickey D's level action figures that come with them), and this guy isn't exactly blowing my skirt up. Here's hoping Wave 3 does a bit better. Don't have my hopes up so far though.

Please Hasbro, bring back the 25th inspired vintage Joe redesigns! We still have many more to go before that line could be considered done, so don't put those designs to rest just yet.
RolandofGilead:
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundwave84 View Post
i got one on it's way to me as well as firefly and cyber ninja that i got at a good price!
Where did you order it from?
Dem_Yoe'z!:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokePants View Post
I'm confused about the ankle articulation. The OP makes it sound like he has none, but it looks like it's using the same parts as 30th Storm Shadow, which definitely has ankle articulation. Did the OP mean to say that he misses the rocker ankles that the Red Ninja had?

Personally, I don't like the rockers. They don't turn and the peg holes are always too shallow. I would be happy to have the normal ankles back. Of course, if rockers could turn and have deeper peg holes, that would be the best of both worlds.

Still bitter that they didn't go with the other head, though.
I just got one today, and can confirm he does not have the "rocker" ankles. He has the same construction of most ME figure withankles that can turn to the side and point down (plantarflexion).

They did change the bottom of his feet though, the now have the date and other things stamped there
 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO
Powered by: vBadvanced Dynamics.
Sponsors
G.I. Joe Toys
G.I. Joe Toys
G.I. Joe Toys
G.I. Joe Toys
Custom G.I. Joe and Cobra Stickers
G.I. Joe Toys
G.I. Joe Toys
G.I. Joe Toys
G.I. Joe Toys
G.I. Joe Toys
G.I. Joe on Ebay Now!
G.I. Joe on Ebay Now!
Cool Stuff
NJCC