TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   GI Joe News > All G.I. Joe News > G.I. Joe Featured Auctions
Home G.I. Joe News Toy Database Forum Rules Register Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
G.I. Joe T-Shirts

GI Joe Pursuit Of Cobra Desert Battle Dusty Preproduction Sample Loose On Ebay

Viperkingdom has put up an auction for a loose, preproduction sample of Desert Battle Dusty from GI Joe Pursuit Of Cobra wave 2. Dusty(Desert Battle) features a swappable, alternate head.

The latest incarnation of Dusty is planned for retail release in fall. Hit the title bar to see more!
Credit: Raven76 of the Hiss Tank Forums!
Views: 2,830
Additional Images
GI-Joe-Pursuit-Of-Cobra-Wave-2-Desert-Battle-Dusty-Prepro-01
GI-Joe-Pursuit-Of-Cobra-Wave-2-Desert-Battle-Dusty-Prepro-02
GI-Joe-Pursuit-Of-Cobra-Wave-2-Desert-Battle-Dusty-Prepro-03
Latest News
theToySource SourceNews - Spring Cleaning Sale Now Live
NJCC Summer Show Date August 17th 2014 Dealer Registration Now Open
Call of Duty Mega Bloks Heavy Armor Outpost Photo Shoot
GI Joe A Real American Hero #201 Preview
DorksideToys.com News Sponsor Letter 4/21/14
Cobra Secto Viper - 2014 Joe Con Custom Comp Winner by 666Werecat and Raginspoon
Marauder Task Force Kickstarter Update
Hisstank.com Custom How To Guide New Tutorial Ideas
Kre-O G.I.Joe Assortment 30% Off At ToysRUs!
Hiya Toys Aliens Colonial Marines Lurker And Soldier Images
Latest News From This Category
Kre-O Custom Carded G.I. Joe ARAH Kreons
Extremely Rare Carded ROC Pursuit Of Cobra ARCTIC DUKE and DESERT RIPCORD
Case of 1989 G.I.Joe A Real American Hero Dogfight Figures On eBay!
G.I. Joe Funskool Orange MMS on eBay
Shellhead Comics Vintage G.I. Joe Sponsor Update 1/25/14
One Of A Kind 3DJoes Of The 80s Proofs On eBay!
G.I.Joe A Real American Hero 198 Cover Sketch On eBay For Wounded Warrior!
Shellhead Comics and More eBay Sponsor Update
IDW Typhoon Haiyan Charity Auctions
G.I.Joe eBay Featured Auctions - 1986 G.I.Joe H.A.V.O.C.
Reply To Article DISCUSSION: (Jump To This Thread On The Boards)
SNAKE EYES:
Nice find
Skylancer81:
Has 10 at 18.99 plus 2.99 shipping.

And 4 with a 25th dusty for 22.99 plus 3.99 shipping

I so want to pull the trigger but car needs work tomorrow. Need every dollar just in case.

Also Alley vipers are down to 12.99 plus 3.99 shipping.

So tempting on the dusty though since thats not till Oct.
~Synder Corps.~:
Granted, pre=production...but wow...Just not as impressive as the first sight. It's cool that he comes with a bale of barbed wire and may be worth getting 5 or 6 of for that alone, but otherwise... meh.
2pacnacho:
Tempting.
Skylancer81:
I like the second head more then one he chose to pose him with there. The one with the visor.

I see this head as Dusty's green shirts that I will army build with.
Tyroc:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylancer81 View Post
I like the second head more then one he chose to pose him with there. The one with the visor.

I see this head as Dusty's green shirts that I will army build with.
Yeah. I'm hoping to army build him too. You're spot on, that second head screams green shirt.
Skylancer81:
After thinking about it for 2 hours I checked my funds and had enough in paypal left to get it.

So as of this writing hes down to 6.

Now he needs to get a good bunch of Recondos....
Jarrod40k:
Oh, LIKE! I gots PLANS for all them PARTS! I love it when figures come with extra heads!
DarthLuiggi:
They were first at $16 or something... got one lol
DarthLuiggi:
Now I just need Jungle Gung Ho (Recondo) and Im set for POC
KushViper:
I like the cape idea. It's a cool update for Dusty.
Steel Brigade:
I love this figure as it has a very steam punk vibe to it with the masked head & soft goods, & Dusty is one of my fave Joes, but I think I can wait till e-tail/retail.
ooten:
cant wait to get this figure either. man poc is lookin good. got me hooked again
TYPHUS:
ah f**k it!!!!all gone!!!!curse my work hours!!!!
NightVyper:
yeah this figure rocks i have already 8 pre-ordered from BBTS and I am thinking about bumping it to 16. Man these guys and beachhead I cannot wait!! it has been a long time too for me since i Hated the ROC line tho i did get almost 50 desert ambush dukes as generic desert Joes at $3 each.
Sailor_Joe:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Synder Corps.~ View Post
Granted, pre=production...but wow...Just not as impressive as the first sight. It's cool that he comes with a bale of barbed wire and may be worth getting 5 or 6 of for that alone, but otherwise... meh.
I have to agree... Dusty is one of my favorites, too. And while I like the concept of the goggles (it's what we wear in the real desert) and such, the head just seems to be out of proportion to the rest of the body. Lots of great parts on that one, but the head... Just too big.
Adamantite:
I think the head size is fine, IMO POC Spirit's seems bigger. That helmet though is definitely oversized.
Mr.Kane:
Yep... This A great looking Dusty, A must have when he hits retail. If I can hold out.
Skylancer81:
Here are some better pics from Joe Con

I love that they finally made a Kris sub machine gun and that it comes with Dusty.
Hicks_Royel:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Brigade View Post
I love this figure as it has a very steam punk vibe to it with the masked head & soft goods, & Dusty is one of my fave Joes, but I think I can wait till e-tail/retail.
Agreed, another month or two, we'll have plenty to go around. Not worth the money to get it early.
Daver:
I realy like the sculpt on this one, the dual head with the dustmask is also a cool idea.
But I would've liked him to have a sniper rifle instead of those 2 short range weapons, just seems more usefull in those large desert plains... ;- )
KingCobra:
This figure looks ridiculous. Look how big his head is. It's like Hasbro don't care no more.
spike78a:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor_Joe View Post
I have to agree... Dusty is one of my favorites, too. And while I like the concept of the goggles (it's what we wear in the real desert) and such, the head just seems to be out of proportion to the rest of the body. Lots of great parts on that one, but the head... Just too big.
i think it's the photograph itself that makes the head seem out of whack. if you look at the 2nd auction, with the 2 dustys, the head seems more in proportion. btw is this an all new head sculpt? or is it the dvd battle pack head without the camo?
MTN:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCobra View Post
This figure looks ridiculous. Look how big his head is. It's like Hasbro don't care no more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike78a View Post
i think it's the photograph itself that makes the head seem out of whack. if you look at the 2nd auction, with the 2 dustys, the head seems more in proportion. btw is this an all new head sculpt? or is it the dvd battle pack head without the camo?
It's a new head sculpt. I saw this figure in person at Joe Con. It's one of the best. The team at Hasbro cares. I had a long conversation with one of the sculptors. They put a lot into these.
kennywr22:
This figure looks awesome. Sorry kingcobra but the head is perfect. As far you saying Hasbro doesn't care, your crazy. This line shows the most care they have had for Joe line in many years.
CobrasUsedCars:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennywr22 View Post
This figure looks awesome. Sorry kingcobra but the head is perfect. As far you saying Hasbro doesn't care, your crazy. This line shows the most care they have had for Joe line in many years.
I agree totally, I forked the cash over with no problem. We've been waiting forever for POC, Dusty is in Wave2 and who knows if both heads will make the final cut. I saw this figure at Hasbro too and I did not see the head with the goggles. Maybe it is a waste but I don't care I'll have this figure in 2 weeks
tt8l:
Reminds me of Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind... which is not to say it is unoriginal, not at all. The POC Beachhead, Firefly and now Dusty that I have seen are gorgeous. From thoughtful design to competent execution it simply blows my mind. They are not good because they are faithfully rethinking each character, which you could say they are, but just on their own merits.

This isn't the kind of figure that will be wanted for hype, nostalgia, or because it fits a trend or ties in with the next big media push. It's not the sort of thing people buy for a premium now but is worthless to them next year when the next big thing comes out.

Dusty here and his POC pals we're all waiting for are exactly where I always wanted G.I. Joe to go. I haven't bought any Joe toys since the Assault/Defense of Cobra Island...

But I sure as hell am getting this and all the ones of this quality... and I plan to have them all 20 years from now just like I still have my best vintage figures.

In a perfect world this type of design would catch on like crazy and flourish above and beyond the 80's Joes as the main and only line, with vintage-style figures like the awesome forthcoming Low-Light as part of each wave. And maybe 1 movie or cartoon character each wave too, if they needed to capitalize on a then-current project
Malcolm:
i may as well stop customizing cause thes latest figures kick ass.
dragon:
haha it be cheaper if you wait for these to get store release you almost half that looks good but ill pass
Shin Densetsu:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tt8l View Post
Dusty here and his POC pals we're all waiting for are exactly where I always wanted G.I. Joe to go. I haven't bought any Joe toys since the Assault/Defense of Cobra Island...

But I sure as hell am getting this and all the ones of this quality... and I plan to have them all 20 years from now just like I still have my best vintage figures.

In a perfect world this type of design would catch on like crazy and flourish above and beyond the 80's Joes as the main and only line, with vintage-style figures like the awesome forthcoming Low-Light as part of each wave. And maybe 1 movie or cartoon character each wave too, if they needed to capitalize on a then-current project
Definitely, irregardless of which continuity these figures are part of, they kick ass. It also definitely shows that while the ARAH line was an action vehicle line, POC and Modern Era Joes are part of an action figure line. Hopefully vehicles will be back in more prominence in the future.

Also, I hope that we can continue to get figures of the high POC quality from here on out. Hasbro doesn't need to implement short-lived action attack or missle launching gimmicks. Nearly all of the POC figures lack both of those aforementioned gimmicks and those figures are the ones that fans want.

Usually, with this scale, Japan and/or the 1/18 true scale companies have the best figures. With POC, Hasbro certainly stepped up. The POC figures make the 25th figures look dated. This is a welcome sign of progression on behalf of the design team. Hell I think these are Hasbro's best 3-3/4" or 4" whatever, figures. Better than Marvel Universe and better than Star Wars(and I collect both of those lines too).

For a line that allegedly doesn't do well at retail, the newest GI Joes are the best of Hasbro's 2010 3-3/4" lines.
Gyre-Viper:
so far Dusty is my favorite out of the 2010 stuff.
i hope it lives up to my expectations in-hand.
otherwise I'll have to revert back to Jungle Viper and Recondo.
oh nooooo. heheheh. this line is sublime.
Shin Densetsu:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyre-Viper View Post
so far Dusty is my favorite out of the 2010 stuff.
i hope it lives up to my expectations in-hand.
otherwise I'll have to revert back to Jungle Viper and Recondo.
oh nooooo. heheheh. this line is sublime.
Recondo looks bad ass too. I dig that weird mask he comes with. Honestly, desert themed figures/vehicles and camo bore me, but Dusty looks awesome..the cape and mask were weird to me at 1st but it just looks beast after a while. Might get 2-3, 1 with each head sculpt. I wish the bad ass 2011 SNAKE EYES had BOTH heads included too.

Hell I may buy another Dusty to customize into that early 90's Duke(I don't like Duke but the 90's version and the upcoming Jungle Assault one look beast).
Gyre-Viper:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin Densetsu View Post
Recondo looks bad ass too. I dig that weird mask he comes with. Honestly, desert themed figures/vehicles and camo bore me, but Dusty looks awesome..the cape and mask were weird to me at 1st but it just looks beast after a while. Might get 2-3, 1 with each head sculpt. I wish the bad ass 2011 SNAKE EYES had BOTH heads included too.

Hell I may buy another Dusty to customize into that early 90's Duke(I don't like Duke but the 90's version and the upcoming Jungle Assault one look beast).

yeah I can't believe they went with 'variant' on the SE.
Shin Densetsu:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyre-Viper View Post
yeah I can't believe they went with 'variant' on the SE.
I mean I know kids will buy them up but I'm like come on now...collectors would have bought 2 anyways just to have 1 with each head sculpt. That isn't even taking into account the customizers who would have bought them up too.
Gyre-Viper:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin Densetsu View Post
I mean I know kids will buy them up but I'm like come on now...collectors would have bought 2 anyways just to have 1 with each head sculpt. That isn't even taking into account the customizers who would have bought them up too.

well we know Hasbro likes their variants... I actually wouldn't be surprised if there's another one in the line somewhere.
Shin Densetsu:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyre-Viper View Post
well we know Hasbro likes their variants... I actually wouldn't be surprised if there's another one in the line somewhere.
Make Jungle Assault Snake Eyes' variant as Kamakura with a new head sculpt and regular ninja swords and you have a figure that will leave Jungle Snake Eyes in the dust.
Gyre-Viper:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin Densetsu View Post
Make Jungle Assault Snake Eyes' variant as Kamakura with a new head sculpt and regular ninja swords and you have a figure that will leave Jungle Snake Eyes in the dust.
my concern would be the colors they'd go with for a repaint.
Shin Densetsu:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyre-Viper View Post
my concern would be the colors they'd go with for a repaint.
Hopefully green, gray, and silver. Kamakura's DDP color scheme still fits the Jungle Assault aesthetic.
Fast_Draw:
Bring on the Jungle Vipers already!
FIREFLY21:
just saw carded images at terrordrome. Dusty's color is darker like this one (prob would make more sense to have a more dull faded look for desert camo but still great fig)
Sailor_Joe:
You know, the more I look at it. The more I like the "steampunk-meets-desert warrior" look on Dusty. He's always been one of my favorite characters and it just seems to work on him. I'm thinking that Dusty and that Jungle Viper are going to be the hot items of this wave.
Mr.Kane:
This Dusty is A must for me. feeling the new look.
 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO
Powered by: vBadvanced Dynamics.
Sponsors
G.I. Joe Toys
G.I. Joe Toys
G.I. Joe Toys
G.I. Joe Toys
Custom G.I. Joe and Cobra Stickers
G.I. Joe Toys
G.I. Joe Toys
G.I. Joe Toys
G.I. Joe Toys
G.I. Joe Toys
G.I. Joe on Ebay Now!
G.I. Joe on Ebay Now!
Cool Stuff
NJCC