TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   GI Joe News > All G.I. Joe News > Conventions
Home G.I. Joe News Toy Database Forum Rules Register Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
G.I. Joe T-Shirts

JoeCon 2014 Convention Guests Have Been Announced!

More great news has rolled in from the G.I.Joe Collectors Club pertaining to the 2014 G.I.Joe Collectors Convention! What JoeCon news, you ask? Well, the Club has announced who will be in attendance and we're talking an All*Star line up!

Appearing are -

Hasbro Alumni, Mr. Kirk Bozigian
G.I.Joe Comic Writer, The God Father, Mr. Larry Hama
Mr. Michael McConnohie, the voice of Cross-Country
Mr. Michael Bell, the voice of Duke
and last but not least, Mrs. B.J. Ward, the voice of Scarlett!

They'll be part of the festivities all weekend long, taking part in autograph sessions, fan panels and they'll be part of the meet and greet for Golden Ticket Holders! LUCKY! /napoleondynamite

You can join us after the break to continue the discussion on all things JoeCon 2014!
Credit: GIJoeComics08 of the Hiss Tank Forums!
Views: 1,346
Additional Images
JoeCon-2014-Logo---Hisstank
Latest News
Acid Rain Agurts Infantry Figure Pre-Order At BigBadToyStore
DorksideToys.com News Sponsor Letter 4/14/14
Boss Fight Studio Vitruvian H.A.C.K.S. Series 1
Kokomo Toys Dealer Wholesale ARAH Parts Lots On eBay
Acid Rain 88th Sand Division Product Reveal
JoeCon 2014 - Boss Fight Studio Vitruvian HACKS and Booth Images
JoeCon 2014 Convention Exclusive Steel Brigade Delta And VTOL
JoeCon 2014 - Figure Subscription Service 3.0 Figures Revealed
Guru-Planet.com Sponsor Update 3/31/14
The ToySource @ Joecon
Latest News From This Category
JoeCon 2014 - Boss Fight Studio Vitruvian HACKS and Booth Images
JoeCon 2014 Convention Exclusive Steel Brigade Delta And VTOL
JoeCon 2014 - Figure Subscription Service 3.0 Figures Revealed
The ToySource @ Joecon
JoeCon 2014 Rescue Ops Clutch And Ice Storm Images
JoeCon 2014 Night Force Crazy Legs Parachute Drop!
JoeCon 2014 Convention Exclusive Souvenir Reveal Round Up
JoeCon 2014 Night Force Crazy Legs Parachute Drop Figure Revealed!
JoeCon 2014 Man Of Action, Tee Shirts & Paper Weight Revealed
JoeCon 2014 Convention Exclusive Zombie Fighter VAMP Mk II Revealed
Reply To Article DISCUSSION: (Jump To This Thread On The Boards)
GIJoeComics08:
rglass2:
T J'Bang!!!!!!
" target="_blank">View Post Old 12-15-2013, 01:18 PM
Cobra80
Post Deleted by on 12-31-1969 07:00 PM
YoJoeNCSU:
I love it. I just can't believe we are getting Eco Warriors before Sky Patrol or BF2K.
minitrue:
I just want to know if there will be exclusive kreons!
Sergeant Major:
A.V.A.C.:
Awesome, lol ^
Zarana:
I hope that t'jbang is actually a black female what for hunting zombies with a sword.
EzekialRage:
I'm not going to lie, I'm excited about it. Hope the figure execution is nice. Ozone was one of my favorite Joes. Can't wait!
sithlordsmart:
So we are getting an eco striker (awe striker) & a toxo H.I.S.S???
SLY SIXR:
25A figure style???
Digital Ghost:
This set could be a pretty easy pass. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
sithlordsmart:
Bring on the squirt gun planes!!!!
Sergeant Major:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLY SIXR View Post
25A figure style???
25th Anniversary, same as all their other figures/offerings. ;)
Ksyn:
Hell yes. this should be fantastic....and better yet its not tiger force!!
JamesBenjamin:
Did you guys see the 12" set? Comes with a 4" Joe Colton. WTF?
Sergeant Major:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesBenjamin View Post
Did you guys see the 12" set? Comes with a 4" Joe Colton. WTF?

Codename: G.I. Joe

He is a legend. His adventures have spanned decades and he has touched the lives of millions. Serving his nation in time of conflict in uniform and out, he
became the basis of a force for good standing in the breach in the fight against evil. His birth name is Joseph Colton, but his Codename: G.I. Joe.

We have followed G.I. Joe through a series of exploits that took him from the brown boot army, to the founding member of the covert operations team. He has directed this team (which bears his codename) in their quest to face down Cobra’s bid for world domination. He IS the original real American Hero. Included in this 12” two figure set: Timeless Edition Vintage G.I.Joe figure: Tiger Stripe Camouflage Green Beret Jacket and Pants; Tall Black Boots; Green Beret; M-16; Ascot; .45 with Belt and Holster; Canteen with Canteen Cover; and Gold Tone Dog Tag. Timeless AT G.I. Joe figure: Black T-Shirt with AT sticker; Cargo Pants; Short Black Boots; Black Shoulder Holster with Label Revolver; Black Hunting Rifle; Tan belt with Canteen and cover; Duffel Bag featuring AT logo; Map with Map Case; Rope; and a Gold Tone AT Dog Tag.* In addition, to celebrate all ages of G.I. Joe, this set comes with a unique 3 3/4” Joseph Colton, G.I. Joe with Pistol and Club Action Figure Display System with 50th Anniversary backdrop.*

All of these items will be packaged together in a 50th Anniversary display box.
245am:
I guess that explains Cesspool (not that he needed it, just shows the FSS/Con connection)
KushViper:
Excited about this. I have voted for eco warriors on my convention survey since I started going to shows.
citizendan1st:
prepare for another repainted snowcat...
Jinx723:
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.I.A.D. View Post
LMAO sad yet so true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 245am View Post
I guess that explains Cesspool (not that he needed it, just shows the FSS/Con connection)
And to think every one thought it was Tiger Force because of the first 2 FSS 2.0 figures. Why would the GIJCC do Tiger Force when they did TF in 2004 with the Dreadnoks?
SLY SIXR:
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.I.A.D. View Post
25th Anniversary, same as all their other figures/offerings. ;)
OH Thank God! it sounded like a new style of figures in 4 inch or something.
sithewok:
On the one hand, I have zero interest in zombies - so the actual zombie figures hold no interest for me. Outback is an odd choice since we already have a really good (imo) ME Outback. t'jbang doesn't really interest me.

On the other hand, I will want Clean Sweep and Ozone, may want the Toxo-vipers (Volcano vipers have become my default toxo vipers, so I'm not sure...), and am very intrigued in the Cobra lab-rats and Cobra dog-handler.

Will probably pick up a homefront set if I can and hope I can trade away the zombies.
Jinx723:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sithewok View Post
On the one hand, I have zero interest in zombies - so the actual zombie figures hold no interest for me. Outback is an odd choice since we already have a really good (imo) ME Outback. t'jbang doesn't really interest me.

On the other hand, I will want Clean Sweep and Ozone, may want the Toxo-vipers (Volcano vipers have become my default toxo vipers, so I'm not sure...), and am very intrigued in the Cobra lab-rats and Cobra dog-handler.

Will probably pick up a homefront set if I can and hope I can trade away the zombies.
Outback v3 was suppose to be part of Eco Warriors before it got canceled.
Outback (v3) G.I. Joe Action Figure - YoJoe Archive
Digital Ghost:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx723 View Post
And to think every one thought it was Tiger Force because of the first 2 FSS 2.0 figures. Why would the GIJCC do Tiger Force when they did TF in 2004 with the Dreadnoks?
Maybe because those were o-ring figures and these would be 25th? They did do the crimson strike team twice.
Ash Talon:
Having not seen the Joe figures, I'm favoring the zombies. In fact, I'm almost positive I'll only want the zombies.
erikyurk:
I love this set already! I'm sorry, I love zombies. I really like how this month's club comic teased it.
Sergeant Major:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx723 View Post
Outback v3 was suppose to be part of Eco Warriors before it got canceled.
Outback (v3) G.I. Joe Action Figure - YoJoe Archive

Beat me to it. He was indeed supposed to be an Eco-Warrior, but was absorbed in to the Battle Corps line. Now, assuming that this is the version of Outback that we are getting, I wonder if they'll go with the proposed Eco-Warrior color scheme, or if they'll go with the latter Battle Corps scheme.



245am:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx723 View Post
Outback v3 was suppose to be part of Eco Warriors before it got canceled.
Outback (v3) G.I. Joe Action Figure - YoJoe Archive
That's the one I'm hoping the include as a "25thA" update... I hope the club goes with that one and not the toned down, later 1993 release.

Edit: Ninja'd by CIAD...
sithewok:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx723 View Post
Outback v3 was suppose to be part of Eco Warriors before it got canceled.
Outback (v3) G.I. Joe Action Figure - YoJoe Archive
Ah, yes. I had forgotten about that version of Outback. Thanks. Makes a lot more sense now.
Superjoe74:
Eco Force came after my initial collecting days, but the set could be really cool- in fact, zombies are always cool regardless and I will be signing up for it. I'm not a fan of Night Force, but the Club put that together really well and I bought that set too.

I'm surprised no has yet to yell 'shenanigans' being that so many people expected Tiger Force.
Jinx723:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Ghost View Post
Maybe because those were o-ring figures and these would be 25th? They did do the crimson strike team twice.
True, they did and I remember all the nerd rage over that.
Steel Brigade Commander is part of the set, wonder if we'll be getting this one Steel Brigade Commander (v1) G.I. Joe Action Figure - YoJoe Archive or an entirely new 'design'.
Superjoe74:
^^^I'm hoping that Steel Brigade Commander is from the concept case.
InfiniteJest:
Can't wait to see some pictures.

I have a feeling this'll be one colorful set.
13thwarrior:
Is this some kind of weird joke?

Is this really what they're doing for the 50th anniversary of GI Joe??

I honestly don't think I've ever posted a single solitary word of hate towards Hasbro or the Club once on this site. Seriously, not once (just look at my signature!). And the reason is while I don't always understand their reasoning, I always give them the benefit of the doubt that they're doing what they think is best for the brand and their customers. But this is just an awful, awful choice.

The whole zombie thing is following a silly trend (see: Zombieland, The Walking Dead, Warm Bodies, ...) that will be over in a few years. And this set is just trying to cash in on that short-term trend instead of making something meaningful and packed with nostalgia that collectors would enjoy and value over the long term.

If this is for real, this set is something that we collectors could have looked back on in a few years and really appreciated and valued. Instead we're going to look back on this like we look at Garbage Pail Kids and rolling up our jeans.
jason1551:
Modern T'Jbang and Outback?! And Zombies?!

I might actually buy this set.
Flophouse:
I'm no longer a completist, which is good, because I actually think it's kind of crappy the Club is throwing a unique 4" figure in with the main 12" set. Usually there's two separate sets for both types of collectors, but now the 4" collectors have to either buy the 12" set as well or pay a lot just to get that figure from the 12" set. That's if they collect ALL 4" figures.

I guess the Club found a way to increase their 12" set sales.
fireflyguy:
I'm intrigued by this set. Of course I can't go to the con, so when will I get a chance to order the hometown hero package?
Sojuking75:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireflyguy View Post
I'm intrigued by this set. Of course I can't go to the con, so when will I get a chance to order the hometown hero package?
What he said. +1
brock Samson:
Agreed, this is a throw away idea they could insert when they had no good idea. Definitely trying to capitalize on a trend and not 50th worthy. I can only hope this means Hasbro had decent plans of their own for the 50th that prevent the club from making something memorable. I guess we'll find out at toy fair in February.

These may end up being gray designs but judging the club track record, I doubt it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by 13thwarrior View Post
Is this some kind of weird joke?

Is this really what they're doing for the 50th anniversary of GI Joe??

I honestly don't think I've ever posted a single solitary word of hate towards Hasbro or the Club once on this site. Seriously, not once (just look at my signature!). And the reason is while I don't always understand their reasoning, I always give them the benefit of the doubt that they're doing what they think is best for the brand and their customers. But this is just an awful, awful choice.

The whole zombie thing is following a silly trend (see: Zombieland, The Walking Dead, Warm Bodies, ...) that will be over in a few years. And this set is just trying to cash in on that short-term trend instead of making something meaningful and packed with nostalgia that collectors would enjoy and value over the long term.

If this is for real, this set is something that we collectors could have looked back on in a few years and really appreciated and valued. Instead we're going to look back on this like we look at Garbage Pail Kids and rolling up our jeans.
ozzie92:
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.I.A.D. View Post
Well, THAT'S a given. ;)

I have no interest in the set, but no hate for it. Good idea, but has no appeal to me personally. And that's okay; I still have an FSS 2.0 subscription to pay for.
fireflyguy:
Well, I've never bought a convention set, and I've regretted it, especially the one from 2011. Slim going after this one, because I own not one zombie- or toxo-viper, so this'll out me where I need to be.
ozzie92:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flophouse View Post
I'm no longer a completist, which is good, because I actually think it's kind of crappy the Club is throwing a unique 4" figure in with the main 12" set. Usually there's two separate sets for both types of collectors, but now the 4" collectors have to either buy the 12" set as well or pay a lot just to get that figure from the 12" set. That's if they collect ALL 4" figures.

I guess the Club found a way to increase their 12" set sales.
I would have to say THIS is a legitimate gripe.
figureware:
Do how much is this going to cost me since I'm not sure I can make it to Dallas?
TTT:
Right on, Zombies all the way ! ! !
WildWeaselZ06:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarana View Post
I hope that t'jbang is actually a black female what for hunting zombies with a sword.
If that's the case, I'll seriously consider not going to con. If joe so looses its identity thru the club, that it has to rip off walking dead, I'm done. As somebody that was influenced to join our armed forces by G.I. joe, I would actually find that to be an insult.
fireflyguy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flophouse View Post
I'm no longer a completist, which is good, because I actually think it's kind of crappy the Club is throwing a unique 4" figure in with the main 12" set. Usually there's two separate sets for both types of collectors, but now the 4" collectors have to either buy the 12" set as well or pay a lot just to get that figure from the 12" set. That's if they collect ALL 4" figures.

I guess the Club found a way to increase their 12" set sales.
I get your point, but I kinda get why they're doing it this way as well. Sort of a shout out to the 50th and acknowledging that it was the 12" that paved the way. I'm tempted to get the 12" set, but probably won't because I've stayed away from that size for this long.
Superjoe74:
The zombie set has some retro aspects but overall it is not much of a throw- back or nostalgic set for the 3 3/4" collector and it doesn't need to be: This is the 50th Anniversary for the 12" collector not the anniversary of ARAH. For he 3 3/4" collector, it does represent a unique theme in the current pop culture and in the future we can look back on this and remember it as such.
Siegie1129:
I agree that it seems like the club is grabbing on to the current obsession with all things zombie. I'm not super excited about this set. I'll have to wait until pictures of the figures are available before I decide to pick it up or not. I'm not going to the con so it will be the homefront hero package for me if I get it
uberthawk:
bring on the TOXO-LAB!!!

i think this set is a yr late...IMO...the zombie fad is slowing down like rigamoris...but they neeeded 2 hit while there is mass appeal and they can bring in some new "blood" so this is a good choice

this shouldnt b a grip 2 the old skool guys due to the fact they actually incorporate vint characters and army builders, toxo vipers and eco force. unless u hate everything past 88 like i used too

they may even surprise us w TOXO LAB!!!
THAT WOULD SEAL THIS DEAL for most vint collectors...being as its 1 of the harder 2 find hq sets out there (for a good$)
 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO
Powered by: vBadvanced Dynamics.
Sponsors
G.I. Joe Toys
G.I. Joe Toys
Custom G.I. Joe and Cobra Stickers
G.I. Joe Toys
G.I. Joe Toys
G.I. Joe Toys
G.I. Joe Toys
G.I. Joe Toys
G.I. Joe Toys
G.I. Joe Toys
G.I. Joe on Ebay Now!
G.I. Joe on Ebay Now!
Cool Stuff
NJCC