TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   GI Joe News > All G.I. Joe News > Conventions
Home G.I. Joe News Toy Database Forum Rules Register Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
G.I. Joe T-Shirts

G.I.Joe Collectors Convention Zombie Initiative Exclusive Reveal - Toxo-Zombie!

toxozombieWEB
The G.I.Joe Club has just posted their next teaser image from the 2014 G.I.Joe Collectors Convention Exclusive Box Set - Zombie Initiative via their Official Convention Page!

When you're part of the "Leaky Suit Brigade" and are bad at your job... this is your eventual future!

Cobra Compound Z Trooper: TOXO-ZOMBIE hordes should be avoided at all costs.

COBRA COMPOUND Z TROOPER: TOXO-ZOMBIE

- 25th Anniversary Modern Style/Fully Poseable Action Figure
- Based on the 1992 Cobra Toxo-Zombie Design
- Features a NEW Battle-Damaged Head
- Box Set contains THREE Troop Builder Action Figures
- Includes Cobra Logo Stand, Pistol, Compound Z Explosive Projectile


You can join us after the jump for discussion already in progress.
Credit: GIJoeComics08 of the Hiss Tank Forums!
Views: 4,421
Latest News
TheToySource Black Friday Sale is Live
BBTS News - Black Friday and More
Happy Thanksgiving From Hisstank.com!
StylinOnline.com Celebrates G.I. Joe's 50th Anniversary!
Cobra Stickers Fall Update Update!
Dorkside Toys Black Friday Sale Details Now Available!
Guru-Planet.com Sponsor Update 11/27/14
Instock From Sideshow Cobra Sixth Scale Baroness
SmallJoes.com Sponsor Update - Big Modern Era Restock!
Shellhead Comics Vintage G.I. Joe Sponsor Update 11/1/14
Latest News From This Category
Ontario Collectors Con 2015 is February 1st
Cincinnati Toy And Collectible Show Tomorrow, November 16th!
G.I.Joe Collectors Club 2015 Free 3 3/4 Membership Figure Arctic DR. Mindbender
NJCC 2014 November 9th Custom Giveaway Bloodshot HISS
NJCC 2014 November 9th Custom Giveaway TOXO HISS
NJCC 2014 November 9th Custom Giveaway Arctic B.A.T. HISS
NJCC 2014 Fall Event November 9th Action Figure Toy Show
The Seattle Toy Show Tomorrow October 26th!
Reminder: TFcon Chicago is this weekend!
JoeCon 2015 Springfield IL April 9th-12th
Reply To Article DISCUSSION: (Jump To This Thread On The Boards)
ozzie92:
Sounds like zombies to me! Isn't that the idea: you screw up, you get zombie viper duty ?
GIJoeComics08:
I just which they would just take my $$$$$
youdoitimbusy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GIJoeComics08 View Post
I just which they would just take my $$$$$
You spelled witch wrong?
Draikar:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GIJoeComics08 View Post
I just which they would just take my $$$$$
Trust me they will, just hope you have enough $$$
GIJoeComics08:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draikar View Post
Trust me they will, just hope you have enough $$$
Enough for what I want lol
Un_Chakal:
I predict the toxo zombie reveal today will have at least one arm and one leg off the zombie viper. Likely the left ones like the original toxo zombie.
poddie:
I'm really curious to see what this thing will look like... "vintagey"? More realistic/modern? How many parts shared with Toxo-Viper?

I'm hoping for a vintage like design with the regular colors of the Toxo-Viper. Don't understand why their clothes would change color after zombification.
hahoo3:
Yes!
iambob13:
I'm thinking zombie, too. Hope it looks as awesome as the toxo viper.
steve2477:
Just glad to get another reveal, I want to see Repulsor now, Zombies will be $150 on the secondary market, so I wont be getting any of those.
Sharkticon666:
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve2477 View Post
Just glad to get another reveal, I want to see Repulsor now, Zombies will be $150 on the secondary market, so I wont be getting any of those.
Not really. Even the October guard igs and the saw/frag vipers are below 40 bucks. A lot of people don't want them and there is 3 per set.
Chris Cole:
Quote:
Originally Posted by poddie View Post
I'm hoping for a vintage like design with the regular colors of the Toxo-Viper. Don't understand why their clothes would change color after zombification.
You try getting Compound Z stained jumpsuits off a zombie.
fireflyguy:
If the zombies are based on the vintage figs, then it'll probably seal the coffin for me as far as this set goes. Unless Repulsor just blows me away.
Dod Ear:
Whenever we see the Toxo-Zombie I'm expecting the same Toxo-Viper we saw ealier with with a lower arm/cuff and lower leg/cuff from POC Zombie Viper. Either an all new headsclupt w/ face breaking through, or POC Zombie headsculpt w/ new helmet allowing it to break through.
atomatron:
expecting repulsor
GIJoeComics08:
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomatron View Post
expecting repulsor
Agreed there giving us what we want last lol
Un_Chakal:
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomatron View Post
expecting repulsor
Quote:
Originally Posted by GIJoeComics08 View Post
Agreed there giving us what we want last lol
Expectation without looking at evidence! It won't be Repulsor. The clue is clearly for Toxo Zombie. No doubts.
Xerofall:
I think it's funny that with every announcement the Club makes on Twitter or Facebook the first reply is "When's registration?"

I think they'd announce it they knew. LOL
Turtle Master:
Didn't they have their whole IT infrastructure redone for last year's registration?

They need to hold onto those instruction booklets!
khill926:
I think it'll be zombies, because having zombies in your army is a good thing. If you're Cobra, anyway.
Jmacq1:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dod Ear View Post
Whenever we see the Toxo-Zombie I'm expecting the same Toxo-Viper we saw ealier with with a lower arm/cuff and lower leg/cuff from POC Zombie Viper. Either an all new headsclupt w/ face breaking through, or POC Zombie headsculpt w/ new helmet allowing it to break through.
That's my bet, and it'll be pretty awesome, I think. At least if you liked the Toxo-Viper we already saw.
RolandofGilead:
Toxo-Zombie (v1) G.I. Joe Action Figure - YoJoe Archive

If the Toxo-Zombie looks as close to the vintage as the Toxo-Viper did, I may keep all my extras.
Jmacq1:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GIJoeComics08 View Post
Pretty much as expected and yet...a little disappointing at the same time, somehow. I guess I got my hopes up for a removeable "battle damaged" helmet rather than a full headscupt (which would have given some more display options for these guys).

EDIT: I think it'd have been a lot more effective with some kind of "weathered" deco on it.
atomatron:
i am Taken by this 2
ShadowNinja:
Damn. Sucks. They could have weathered it a bit and what's with the face? I can't see on my phone but are his teeth sharp?
commandercrunch:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmacq1 View Post
Pretty much as expected and yet...a little disappointing at the same time, somehow. I guess I got my hopes up for a removeable "battle damaged" helmet rather than a full headscupt (which would have given some more display options for these guys).

EDIT: I think it'd have been a lot more effective with some kind of "weathered" deco on it.
I agree, a removable trashed helmet and some weathering or gore would have made this figure top notch, but I still love it!
Phweep:
It's alright as a stand alone. But three of the same? That's not near as cool as it could have been.
Flak Viper:
Maybe I built it up too much.. but it's okay. Ranks somewhere towards the middle of the set for me. Would have liked this to be a bit more on the zombie side of things.

Seems like they could have made more new heads with the amount of potential money they're saving reusing parts.
RolandofGilead:
Perfect update to the original. Just what I wanted.
OpusJoe:
disapointed....never liked the ARAH version....same with this one. Now, not sure I will be getting the set.
Duffmann:
Seems like this figure could have had more potential. it's OK but I was hoping for more.
Xerofall:
OMG... the kneepads don't match!!! WTF Hasblo? Clubz!!!

Just kidding, it's cool.

http://www.3djoes.com/toxo-zombie.html
Draikar:
I'm still disappointed that there is no V1 toxo-viper. This is ok but wanted to see the concept vault toxo-zombie in hopes there was a V1 toxo-viper in the 3 pack.
CrackerJacks:
As this is a con figure, I'd expect more. Weathering, and more damage (torn uniform) would've been better. And the head sculpt should've had the helmet removable.
A decent try by the club
The zombie viper is so much better though, I think that's for sure
GIJoeComics08:
WOW guys really???? nothing makes you happy does it ?
Flak Viper:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GIJoeComics08 View Post
WOW guys really???? nothing makes you happy does it ?
I get what you're saying, but it's $400 bucks or so for the set.
Sergeant Major:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GIJoeComics08 View Post
WOW guys really???? nothing makes you happy does it ?
Welcome to Hisstank. Enjoy your stay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flak Viper View Post
I get what you're saying, but it's $400 bucks or so for the set.
^ Valid point though.
poddie:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flak Viper View Post
Maybe I built it up too much.. but it's okay. Ranks somewhere towards the middle of the set for me. Would have liked this to be a bit more on the zombie side of things.

Seems like they could have made more new heads with the amount of potential money they're saving reusing parts.
I haven't added up the numbers yet, but it seems to me this is the largest number of new heads yet? Maybe Night Force had more... but if so not by much. But we also got several new helmets/masks as well in this set. I would say new parts wise this set is the best yet.

As predicted, there was no way for the club to win this one... they either had to go more vintage and disappoint the ones wanting "real" zombies, or go "real" and disappoint the ones that wanted vintage.

As for me, this is pretty much just what I wanted. A vintage upgrade that didn't screw up the colors like the old one did. I'm not sure that the parts fit together as well as I like, but it's pretty cool.

I'm also a bit puzzled that they didn't just make a broken version of the helmet and use the available zombie head underneath. Maybe they didn't feel the zombie head would show through well enough...
CrackerJacks:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GIJoeComics08 View Post
WOW guys really???? nothing makes you happy does it ?
But some people are very picky about figs
Xerofall:
I, for one, am not paying $400 for a Toxo-Zombie with two different knee caps!!
Flak Viper:
Quote:
Originally Posted by poddie View Post
I haven't added up the numbers yet, but it seems to me this is the largest number of new heads yet? Maybe Night Force had more... but if so not by much. But we also got several new helmets/masks as well in this set. I would say new parts wise this set is the best yet.

As predicted, there was no way for the club to win this one... they either had to go more vintage and disappoint the ones wanting "real" zombies, or go "real" and disappoint the ones that wanted vintage.

As for me, this is pretty much just what I wanted. A vintage upgrade that didn't screw up the colors like the old one did. I'm not sure that the parts fit together as well as I like, but it's pretty cool.

I'm also a bit puzzled that they didn't just make a broken version of the helmet and use the available zombie head underneath. Maybe they didn't feel the zombie head would show through well enough...
I have no idea which set has more to be honest. Not that it's much of a deal breaker for me, surprised Outback has Snow Job's head.

I'm pretty damn happy with the Eco Force side of things.
GIJoeComics08:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flak Viper View Post
I get what you're saying, but it's $400 bucks or so for the set.
but you cant base it on just one figure tho and at $370 for the box set it comes to $24.66 a figure just keep the ones u want sell the rest. maybe we should just be happy that we even get cons to begin with but I guess that would be to easy....right?
angelofdeath69:
I like him, will see how much it is and try to buy this.
CrackerJacks:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flak Viper View Post
I have no idea which set has more to be honest. Not that it's much of a deal breaker for me, surprised Outback has Snow Job's head.

I'm pretty damn happy with the Eco Force side of things.
Agreed, Eco force is the only reason I'm interested.
Outback looks awesome, and so does flint.
GIJoeComics08:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackerJacks View Post
But some people are very picky about figs
I see that now I am just happy to go and meet new ppl and have a good time
Duffmann:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flak Viper View Post
I have no idea which set has more to be honest. Not that it's much of a deal breaker for me, surprised Outback has Snow Job's head.

I'm pretty damn happy with the Eco Force side of things.
Agree Eco Force side is a fantastic.
Xerofall:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GIJoeComics08 View Post
but you cant base it on just one figure tho and at $370 for the box set it comes to $24.66 a figure just keep the ones u want sell the rest. maybe we should just be happy that we even get cons to begin with but I guess that would be to easy....right?
They cannot be reasoned with. They cannot be stopped.
 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO
Powered by: vBadvanced Dynamics.
Sponsors
G.I. Joe Toys
G.I. Joe Toys
G.I. Joe Toys
Custom G.I. Joe and Cobra Stickers
G.I. Joe Toys
G.I. Joe Toys
G.I. Joe Toys
G.I. Joe Toys
G.I. Joe Toys
G.I. Joe on Ebay Now!
G.I. Joe on Ebay Now!
Cool Stuff
NJCC