TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   GI Joe News > All G.I. Joe News > Around The Site
Home G.I. Joe News Toy Database Forum Rules Register Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
G.I. Joe T-Shirts

Toys'R'Us Holiday Express Stores Promotional Video



You can view a list of planned locations here:

2009 TRU Holiday Express Locations

 
Views: 3,898
Latest News
theToySource Weekly SourceNews - Kotobukiya, Bandai, Marvel, Star Wars and More
Extremely Rare Carded ROC Pursuit Of Cobra ARCTIC DUKE and DESERT RIPCORD
JoeCon 2014 Film Fest - Get The Diamonds!
JoeCon 2014 Convention Exclusive Kre-O G.I.Joe 7 Pack Images
G.I.Joe Battleground Takedown Event - Earths Darkest Day Part 3 Now Online!
Acid Rain Agurts Infantry Figure Pre-Order At BigBadToyStore
DorksideToys.com News Sponsor Letter 4/14/14
Boss Fight Studio Vitruvian H.A.C.K.S. Series 1
Kokomo Toys Dealer Wholesale ARAH Parts Lots On eBay
Acid Rain 88th Sand Division Product Reveal
Latest News From This Category
HissTank Sunday Funday - Best Of G.I.Joe PSAs
HISSTANK.com Discussion Topic G.I. Joe 6" Inch Black Series Part 2
Collectable Spectacle Aire aka Airedevon's G.I. Joe Collection Interview
G.I.Joe Dossiers Baroness Vs Bombstrike Now Online!
Yo Kreo Issue #29 - Easily Replaced Now Online!
Yo Kreo Issue #28 - Crimson Cobra Dot Com Now Online!
Flashback - G.I.Joe Arcade Game By Konami
G.I.Joe The Invasion of Cobra Island Fan Fiction Videos
G.I.Joe Dossiers Episode 5 The Baroness Now Online
HISSTank.com 2014 Polar Combat Images Thread
Reply To Article DISCUSSION: (Jump To This Thread On The Boards)
Sergeant Major:
As previously reported, Toys'R'Us has plans to open Holiday Express stores in malls across America.

With TRU acquiring KB Toys, TRU now has access to the same Mall space that KB once occupied.

You can view the promotional video here:

YouTube - Toys"R"Us Holiday Express Stores
Jeffrozup:
So is it fair to assume that anywhere there was a KB toys inside a mall there will be one of these TRU express stores (unless otherwise occupied by another store)?
rob0213:
Looks like a KB with TRU signage. Cool. I hope they do well.
Sergeant Major:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrozup View Post
So is it fair to assume that anywhere there was a KB toys inside a mall there will be one of these TRU express stores (unless otherwise occupied by another store)?

As of right now, J, yes Sir. I'll do some more digging and see if I can find an exact list of planned locations. The general understanding is that TRU will be occupying the same space that KB once held in Malls.
Python_Puckman:
Looks like they didn't even bother to replace the shelves! Hopefully they will have a better selection of stuff than KB
agentmorris:
Interesting.

Most of the malls around me at one time had a KB, but those are long long gone.

I wonder if Countryside will have this?
lister:
A toy store in a mall? That's so two years ago.
arashikage tat:
awesome...the one in the video looked just like a new KB that opened up at a mall near me and then closed about 2 months after it opened. What's crazy though is that KB didn't carry any Joes, I hope these TRU express carry em
agentmorris:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lister View Post
A toy store in a mall? That's so two years ago.
Exactly. If I were a kid today, I'd hate the mall.

Come to think of it, I kinda hate them now.
sharke:
very cool! I like what I saw ......when ever my work pc didn't freeze...
Sergeant Major:
Here's a link to all planned locations for 2009:

Toys'R'Us Holiday Express Locations - 2009
CrimsonGuard101:
Anything about pricing? I wonder if they will slap a premium charge on stuff like Walgreens and make everything $5-$10 more expensive just cause they can since they will want to make this a profitable endevour lol...

And according to that list that is NOT every location....I had about 5 KBtoys around me till they closed and 2 outlet locations, only 1 is remotley close to me, the other is way to far away, oh well...goes this idea for potential more hunt locations.
The L.O.C.:
I stopped by one yesterday in the Vegas outlet mall. The only RoC figures they had were Bench Press and the Snow Serpent exclusive. They only had 8 figures and it was 4 of each. I'm guessing a case? Anyway is there anyway to figure out where these are going to be? I imagine these little boutiques will be getting the newer waves. My $.02
Snow_Serpent:
Ouch. Hopefully these locations aren't filled with overstock of things TRU already has. ;)
sharke:
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.I.A.D. View Post
Here's a link to all planned locations for 2009:

Toys'R'Us Holiday Express Locations - 2009
3 in FL...none near me...awesome
agentmorris:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharke View Post
3 in FL...none near me...awesome
This.

hahahaha
HawkHauser:
Looks like IL is only getting ones in Fox Valley and Deer Park. Nothing in or relatively close to Chicago, oh well.
Sysiss:
Ah....I'm glad to see that they will continue where KB had left off with countless gizmos running around all over the entrance floor for your convenience to fall and bust your ass on! =)
Sergeant Major:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonGuard101 View Post
Anything about pricing? I wonder if they will slap a premium charge on stuff like Walgreens and make everything $5-$10 more expensive just cause they can since they will want to make this a profitable endevour lol...
Nothing in relation to pricing. Video showed 50% off on some items...so perhaps they're going to low ball prices in hopes of driving holiday sales.

Quote:
And according to that list that is NOT every location....I had about 5 KBtoys around me till they closed and 2 outlet locations, only 1 is remotley close to me, the other is way to far away, oh well...goes this idea for potential more hunt locations.
Yeah, only thing we've stated/confirmed so far is that TRU will occupy the same space that KB did...not all locations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sysiss View Post
Ah....I'm glad to see that they will continue where KB had left off with countless gizmos running around all over the entrance floor for your convenience to fall and bust your ass on! =)

haha, ain't that the truth!
Nemesis*Prime:
Well what do you know, one of them is actually in my neighborhood. I'll have to check it out the next time I'm at the mall.
Jmacq1:
Weird that they're opening one in a mall that's practically right across the street from a full TRU here.

But anyway, definitely a sign of hard times for malls when you figure that the space that KB occupied doesn't belong to KB, but to the malls...and if they haven't been able to fill them since they left....
Sergeant Major:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmacq1 View Post
But anyway, definitely a sign of hard times for malls when you figure that the space that KB occupied doesn't belong to KB, but to the malls...and if they haven't been able to fill them since they left....

Very true.
Moses:
Looks like I will have one practically in my backyard come Nov 15th... Oddly, it is at a brand new shopping center that I don't think ever had a KayBee
Shin-Gouki:
0 in AZ. Thanks TRU
teemu8:
as a former kb manager and one who lost his job,seeing this video just pisses me off!
Jay West:
So only 15 states? This list makes no sense. Is money only in NY and the Northeast. MI gets 3 stores (the economy is great there...sheesh), but Atlanta doesn't get one? Why no stores in Nashville, Indianapolis, the Carolinas? Florida is the only place in the South that could support a store? Where's Denver's store?

Seems like a poorly thought out list...
hifipinkie29:
I HATE MALLS. My wife drags me to them and she knows I'm in agony the whole time. I have not been to one mall that I actually cared about in the last 10 years. Too expensive, boring stores, and a bunch of little punks and twerps.

It's funny because I used to be able to spend an entire day at the mall. I used to love going to the mall. Now, I'd rather gouge out my eyes with a popsicle stick. Well...maybe just one eye.
Gen. Magnus:
None in MO or KS. Thanks a ton, TRU. I guess I won't have an extra stop for holiday shopping this year.
Griff:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrozup View Post
So is it fair to assume that anywhere there was a KB toys inside a mall there will be one of these TRU express stores (unless otherwise occupied by another store)?
i know in the malls around my area they will have to find another spot cause the old kaybee stores are now filled with chick clothing stores....
Zartanman:
WOW.. what a lack of coverage in Florida.

Well I guess that is the way of things. Florida is actually loosing population for the first time in fifty years.

Thank Gods for the Internet.
M.E.A.T. VIPER:
The stores are popular items from full size TRU stores . They consider it a test store and the merch will most likely be sent to surrounding stores when season ends. I don't think they are going all out as well lets be honest.. it didn't work for KB . I'll call my buddy that staffed a few of them and see if plans have changed as keeping them open. I was told that a few key carriers were being brought in but that you basically had no job at the end of season. I didn't realize they bought KB , what the hell exactly did they get in that deal. Thats like buying a race horse already limping , TRU is a mess as a company .
Zoltron:
I wouldn't mind having one of these in my local mall. All we have is the bootleg toy store.
M.A.R.S.Command:
Here in Puerto Rico we have a few aswell i even found a Universe Voyager Inferno from transformers for $11.99 . Nothing much on G.I. Joe (proof coming)
bravo:
STAMFORD TOWN CENTER thats it??? what about westfild tumbull mall?? i see no point of going all the way up there while you got a TRU in norwalk, but if i do go ill let my friend drive,
logan00:
One of these stores opened near my wife's work and I am sad to say no gi joe at all , at least at that location.
M.A.R.S.Command:
here it is
RuckusJr:
The mall I work in is right across the street from a TRU, I'm not counting on one opening by me.
Griff:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zartanman View Post
WOW.. what a lack of coverage in Florida.

Well I guess that is the way of things. Florida is actually loosing population for the first time in fifty years.

Thank Gods for the Internet.
Well florida IS the old people capitol of the US so i guess they are all dying off thus the population loss...lol.
(GI)Joe:
sweet!! right across the street from me
Python_Puckman:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoltron View Post
I wouldn't mind having one of these in my local mall. All we have is the bootleg toy store.
So, is that a store that sells bootleg toys or a store that is impersonating a toy store?
Zartanman:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
Well florida IS the old people capitol of the US so i guess they are all dying off thus the population loss...lol.
LMFAO!!! Don't I wish... we call Sarasota God's Waiting Room. LOL

But actually lots of the families that are here are moving out by the droves, there is no money to be made here and the cost of living is very high compared to the average $8hr pay rate.

I was very fortunate to have a job making $20 an hour but I only had it for just over a year before the bottom fell out and I got let go.
lister:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuckusJr View Post
The mall I work in is right across the street from a TRU, I'm not counting on one opening by me.
Don't be so sure. Apparently, one of these is open in the Franklin Mills mall in Philly, right across from a TRU.
Zefram:
8 here in NJ, and none in my usual Joe-Hunting range. Oh well. I have 2 TRUs in easy distance, so exclusives aren't too hard to find.
Python_Puckman:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefram View Post
8 here in NJ, and none in my usual Joe-Hunting range. Oh well. I have 2 TRUs in easy distance, so exclusives aren't too hard to find.
I have to hand it to my local TRUs. When it comes to exclusives, I can usually find what I want if I wait long enough. Cannot say the same for Target and Walmart though.
(GI)Joe:
just checked it out.. NOTHING there , had one of each of the firefly exclusive and crimson gaurd exclusive for 19.98
rwsharpjr:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob0213 View Post
Looks like a KB with TRU signage. Cool. I hope they do well.
That was my thought exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arashikage tat View Post
awesome...the one in the video looked just like a new KB that opened up at a mall near me and then closed about 2 months after it opened. What's crazy though is that KB didn't carry any Joes, I hope these TRU express carry em
It was most likely one of the KB Toys Express stores that we opened just for the holidays last year.
rwsharpjr:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sysiss View Post
Ah....I'm glad to see that they will continue where KB had left off with countless gizmos running around all over the entrance floor for your convenience to fall and bust your ass on! =)
The reason all of those gizmos were always there was simple.
It got people's attention.
I never had anyone hurt by one of them at any of my stores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemu8 View Post
as a former kb manager and one who lost his job,seeing this video just pisses me off!
They gave up too soon.
It would have been amazing for TRU and KB to combine.
They could have called the mall stores "KB Toys R Us".
Who knows.
Now that Andy is GM of Specialty Retail it might be something they'd consider.

Why does it make you angry?
It makes me sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay West View Post
So only 15 states? This list makes no sense. Is money only in NY and the Northeast. MI gets 3 stores (the economy is great there...sheesh), but Atlanta doesn't get one? Why no stores in Nashville, Indianapolis, the Carolinas? Florida is the only place in the South that could support a store? Where's Denver's store?

Seems like a poorly thought out list...
I'm sure that they did market research.
Most likely, these were their (or KBToys') strongest holiday markets last year, so they'll support the added stores.

Either that or they goot a good deal on the rent.

I know the Aventura mall (I worked there for 2 years in the reglar store, built the holiday store last year, and the SM was one of my ASMs), and it is $$$$$.
rwsharpjr:
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.E.A.T. VIPER View Post
The stores are popular items from full size TRU stores . They consider it a test store and the merch will most likely be sent to surrounding stores when season ends. I don't think they are going all out as well lets be honest.. it didn't work for KB . I'll call my buddy that staffed a few of them and see if plans have changed as keeping them open. I was told that a few key carriers were being brought in but that you basically had no job at the end of season. I didn't realize they bought KB , what the hell exactly did they get in that deal. Thats like buying a race horse already limping , TRU is a mess as a company .
They only bought the Intellectual Property (trademarks, names, logos) for KB Toys.
There was nothing else left of it, since May.
I think it was a smart move, as it allows them to use it, and keeps someone else from re-opening under that name.
It would be great if they opened permanent KB Toys stores in the mall again.
I'd love to get back in from the beginning this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.R.S.Command View Post
Here in Puerto Rico we have a few aswell i even found a Universe Voyager Inferno from transformers for $11.99 . Nothing much on G.I. Joe (proof coming)
Hey, have you seen Circo Toys?
I just found our that a buddy of mine is the Operations Manager for the company.
The Puerto Rico groups were always neck and neck with us(South Florida) for top sales performance in the company.
They're great people(and they know how to party!!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zartanman View Post
WOW.. what a lack of coverage in Florida.

Well I guess that is the way of things. Florida is actually loosing population for the first time in fifty years.

Thank Gods for the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zartanman View Post
LMFAO!!! Don't I wish... we call Sarasota God's Waiting Room. LOL

But actually lots of the families that are here are moving out by the droves, there is no money to be made here and the cost of living is very high compared to the average $8hr pay rate.

I was very fortunate to have a job making $20 an hour but I only had it for just over a year before the bottom fell out and I got let go.
I live/lived in South Florida.
I was there up until KB closed earlier this year.
I was only able to have a very small savings, because the cost of living was ridiculous.
I'm in the process of deciding what to do next, and it looks like I may end up moving to upstate NY.
For the amount of money I paid for rent/bills over the last 3 years, I could buy a 3/4 bedroom house up here.
CRAZY.
The only thing is that jobs are easier to come by down there because everything is so close together, and therefore there are just more opportunities(of course there are more people vying for those positions, as well).
For example, I was thinking of checking out TRU.
From where I was in FL, within 10 miles, there were 4 TRUs.
From where I am now, I have to go 50 miles to get the same result, and the nearest is 30 miles away.
mister-x:
do you think that same KB employee is still standing out side the store playing with those same lame-@$$ remote control cars?
they just went into hibernation....haha
mister-x:
WHAT!!! none in indiana? I AM OUTRAGED!!!!!
well, not really...
the TRU stores are basicly in the mall parking lots anyway, and they never stock
 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO
Powered by: vBadvanced Dynamics.
Sponsors
G.I. Joe Toys
G.I. Joe Toys
Custom G.I. Joe and Cobra Stickers
G.I. Joe Toys
G.I. Joe Toys
G.I. Joe Toys
G.I. Joe Toys
G.I. Joe Toys
G.I. Joe Toys
G.I. Joe Toys
G.I. Joe on Ebay Now!
G.I. Joe on Ebay Now!
Cool Stuff
NJCC