|11-04-2010, 05:30 PM||#23851|
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Hampton VA
No Store here in my VA area has restocked Marvel Universe since Wave 10 came out at Wal-mart a month ago.
I have been checking for Wave 11 everyday.
If wave 11 was doubled pack sets per case their would be enough for all collectors. Instead they are pumping out more peg warmers.
|11-04-2010, 05:31 PM||#23852|
Mako infused SOLDIER
Join Date: Aug 2009
Got a nice little haul in today:
Vision: Thanks to UltraMagnus! Left you feedback, bro!
Wolverine (blue/yellow - Target exclusive, Brown/Yellow - Comic 2-pack), and Havok (classic variant): Thanks to Derek the Mod! Left you feedback too, bro!
Goliath (red/black): ebay
Now to add them to my display...
|11-04-2010, 05:47 PM||#23853|
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lafayette La
|11-04-2010, 05:47 PM||#23854|
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Cybertron, CA
"I also bought Constrictor and Yellow Jacket off SH0CKWAVE... thanks Shock! can't wait to get them in the mail!"
you're welcome, CS. ;)
|11-04-2010, 05:50 PM||#23855|
Bringer of the Black Dawn
Join Date: Dec 2008
Questions and Answers from around the internet.
NOVEMBER 2010 Hasbro Marvel Q&A
1. Since the last round of answers, I’ve become more curious about the War Machine/Iron Man/Black Widow three-pack. All three figures come across as single-pack gold. Were they always planned to be part of a multi-pack and if so, why? (For example, was the pack specifically made to coincide with the IM2 DVD release like Hasbro has done in the past with Star Wars DVD releases?) Also: Will War Machine only have red eyes or will some blue eyed versions be released, too? Will Tony Stark’s “production” beard be changed to be more in line with his movie appearance (like the 6 inch version)? When they do reach retail, where will they be available? And finally, has there been any change regarding their release status?
The Undercover Assault 3-pack was conceived as a set from its inception. The fans response/interest in this pack has been fantastically positive and we’re working hard to get the figures into collectors hands. We have no plans for blue/red variations on War Machine. Only Red. Regarding Tony Stark’s goatee, all of our product is in constant flux in our attempts to deliver the very best product we can. Often we are still making changes up until release. The figures have all had minor changes since the initial photos were released.
2. Could you give us a behind the scenes look at the making of the Iron Man 2 Nick Fury figure? Particularly, I’m curious about the G.I. Joe parts used. Was this the plan from the beginning or, at some point in the process, did someone notice Joe parts would work just as well as the parts the Marvel team was designing or was it something else? (The figure looks very nice, by the way.)
Thanks!! We’re pretty proud of the Nick Fury figure. It was super cool to watch Sam Jackson play with him on the Tonight Show!! Some Nick Fury Behind-The-Scenes facts: The Fury of Combat Set was something we wanted to be the best value we could deliver to the consumer – Iron Man, two Exclusive Drones, and an Exclusive Nick Fury for the best price we could offer. Being cost challenged, we realized that we could use some great existing Joe parts and still get an accurate Fury figure. It helped us afford the far more expensive Military Drones. Getting all the main characters into the Fans hands was a high priority on the Iron Man 2 line. We’re pretty excited to have covered as many bases as we did.
3. Some collectors have been speculating about why the very cool Hammer Drones weren’t released earlier in the 3 3/4″ line (like the Marine Drone was in the IM2 Super Hero Squad collection). Can you share any info regarding the timing of the 3 3/4″ Hammer Drones release?
The Hammer Drones are pretty cool! The Drones were released in later waves because the design team really wanted to keep them as movie authentic as possible. Some of the Drones were slated for earlier waves but the design team was developing them based on early reference. As new reference became available, the design team would rework the figures to match the updated reference (in some cases completely start over from scratch). The design team actually developed a few versions of the Marine Drone based on different stages of reference! Due to the constant rework the team decided to release them later and make sure the Drones would be as movie authentic and awesome as possible!
1) We saw the Iron Man 2 movie get its own line of Crossovers. Will the same be true of the Captain America and Thor movies?
1) As of now, there are no plans for a line of Captain America or Thor Crossovers.
2) The latest wave of Marvel Universe figures (the one that includes Mystique, Wrecker, Captain Britain and Ghost Rider) has had spotty paint ops, to say the least. Lines on Captain Britain's costume that either didn't line up, blurred or smeared. Overspray on Mystique that came out too dark and didn't stay where it was intended. Is this something that Hasbro noticed and will try to correct for future figures?
It's just a bit odd that figures like Dark Phoenix and Cyclops came out perfect, but then the single-pack figures suffered so much as far as paint goes.
2) There are rare instances when the spray masks get slightly worn before they are retired and replaced. This can result in some figures slipping through with less than perfect paint apps. You can bet that when we see this, we're commenting on it and ensuring it's corrected immediately.
3) Iron Man has plenty of armor. And from the looks of it, he'll be getting plenty more in the future! Which has been the design team's favorite to design? And can we get a little history on how it came to be?
3) This is a difficult one to answer...some of the most fun figures to design are in the later waves as the team has more creative liberty with the designs. Having a chance to design fantasy based mission-specific armors or taking a mission/specialty armor from the comics (Like Stealth and Deep Sea) and designing that figure to look like it could exist in the movie universe is a blast. It is difficult to choose a favorite, but some figures that stand out are the movie one 6” Stealth Striker and Heavy Artillery Armor and the movie 2 Munitions and Hot Zone Armor. Some of the armors were inspired by a comic mission/specialty armor (Stealth Striker was inspired by IM’s Stealth Armor from the comics) and some were conceived by thinking of awesome missions that Iron Man could go on and then designing the figure to fit into that mission. How would the armor look? What color schemes would the armor have? What kind of gear would IM need?
Q1) We saw a sneak peak at a S.H.I.E.L.D. vehicle at SDCC. Will we see more vehicles for the Marvel 3 3/4 line like the Fantasticar, Quinjet etc?
A1) One of the great things about the 3 3/4 scale is the opportunity to do all of the most meaningful vehicles in the Marvel Universe…you can bet we’re thinking about it!
Q2) Will we be getting a bike for the newly released Ghostrider MU figure?
A2) Not right away…but it’s definitely on the radar screen. How about a classic GR on a horse?
Q3) Any chance Hasbro will be making available just the Hall of Armor light up bases?
A 3) There are no plans to release these separately.
Q1.) The new ultra large Sentinel as seen at New York Comic Con looks great! How does designing something of this size differ from the 3 3/4″ figures? We’re0 sure a lot of the process is the same, but are there any tricky points when dealing with the larger size?
A1)Characters like the Sentinel and Galactus are tough guys to tackle. While much of the process is the same (regardless of scale), there are some other new factors that come into play such as using different materials and electronics testing. When things really get complicated, we just call up The Tinkerer! He’s a great problem solver and he has an AWESOME set of tools!
Q2.) The new Cyclops appears to be the 1990′s Jim Lee costume. If, say, you were to create a Rogue figure, you could use her current costume, but many people think her 1990′s leather jacket costume is the “best” costume, or at least the one most remember. Plus there are several other costumes that she wore. What factors go into choosing a costume?
A2) It’s more of an art than a science. The JL era Rogue is very iconic…but she has had a LOT of great costumes over the years. Sometimes it comes down to whether we’re able to do an all new sculpt for a character or whether we need to reuse tooling. And sometimes, when we disagree amongst ourselves, we arm wrestle for it.
Q3.) Not sure if you can answer this question, but we do know there’s no better way to phrase it than this:
“Death’s Head, yes?”
A3) The team really likes this character – especially DH II. The best we can do is…Death’s Head, maybe?
1) Can you share some of the details of what would have been at IronManCard.com, had the site been launched?
Nick Fury himself has rendered this info CLASSIFIED. Even our access to these details is now DENIED!
2) The clear Vision variant was on display at SDCC, what waves will that figure be shipping with?
We expect this figure to hit shelves (along with several other “most wanteds” & elusive variants) to hit shelves around January. Also, be on the lookout for the Moonstone Ms. Marvel, Bullseye, Black Widow and the Red & Blue Warpath.
3) The new Dark Phoenix figure is an impressive figure; but I have a feeling it would look great in green…any chance that might be in the cards?
Green would be good….but would the white costume be better?
Cool Toy Review: Now that we're getting a Ghost Rider....doesn't he need something to, you know...ride? Where's his motorcycle??
Hasbro: Seriously - we're with you! Maybe we need to go the ultra classic route and bring the vengeance…on a horse!
Cool Toy Review:There seems to be some confusion over the Masterworks Series Sentinels revealed at Comic-Con....exactly how many will there be, and who will be the pack-in figure?
Hasbro: Halt mutant! We've already let a lot of news out of the bag on this one. Since it won't hit retail until August of 2011, we're going to keep a couple of these details close to the vest. We'll share the rest of the surprise someday in the future!
Cool Toy Review: why did HasbroToyShop start selling cases of MU instead of singles this is highly inconvenient for most collectors who already have the repeats? There are already websites dedicated to selling full cases, so this move by HTS seems very odd and now leaves those collectors who only want one or two at a time out in the rain.
Hasbro: HasbroToyShop will be selling both full cases AND single figures going forward. At the moment, the single figure inventory has sold out so only full cases are available.
1)Would you consider doing a Fan’s Choice revision case, where all the currently released figures would be put on a poll and the top 12 would make up the case?
Your choices thus far for revision case figures and regular case fillers have been very poor and are causing stores to overflow with figures that nobody is looking for (Iron Man, Spider-Man), while figures we have been very vocal about being hard to find (Jean Gray, Warpath, etc.) have yet to be redistributed.
A) The bad news – we probably wouldn’t do a fan’s choice for a particular case pack. The good news? We’re already bringing back the “hard to find” figures from the past 2 years of Marvel Universe. The last waves of 2010 and the first waves of 2011 will feature many of the hard to find figures and variants such as Warpath, Phasing Vision, Black Widow and Jean Grey, Bullseye and Daredevil.
2)Any news on playsets or vehicles? There’s a tremendous opportunity that’s being taken advantage of with SHS but not MU.
A) One of the great things about the 3 3/4 scale is the opportunity to do all of the most meaningful vehicles in the Marvel Universe…you can bet that we’re talking about it!
3) A few Months back an X-Men 5 Pack was leaked online that had A different Version of Storm and Thunderbird included. Any News on this set and when/where it would be available?
A) It’s actually a 6 pack and we just showed it for the 1st time at NYCC. It will be on shelves late spring / summer of 2011 and it will be an exclusive. However, we’re not announcing the retailer just yet.
1) When the Iron Man 2 line is rebranded as Iron Man: The Armored Avenger for 2011, will the comic and movie/concept collections merge into a single collection? Will there be separate comic and movie cases/collections?
Answer: 1) The comic, movie and concept line will all merge into one collection.
2) In a previous Q&A Hasbro said that all of the early 2010 Marvel Universe figures that were never readily available in stores due to poor distribution such as Vision, Warpath, Jean Grey, Archangel, Kitty Pryde and others would be repacked later in the year so that collectors could add them to their sets. With the first of the 2011 case assortments already listed at online retailers, none of those figures have been included, whereas more pegwarming figures like Extremis Iron Man have. Is the plan still to get the "missing" figures back out there for collectors, because they are very rare and expensive to acquire on the aftermarket, and there simply are not enough of those figures to go around.
Answer: 2) So you're saying there's a chance! The last waves of 2010 and the first waves of 2011 will feature many of the hard to find figures and variants such as Bullseye, Warpath, Vision, Black Widow, Moonstone Ms. Marvel and the brown costume Daredevil.
3) Why do the upcoming MU Team Packs only consist of 3 figures instead of 4 like the Star Wars brand? It seems building teams would be easier with 4 figures? For instance, a certain team with "Four" in the title will not be able to fit into the current 3-figure Team Pack scheme.
Answer: 3) Basically, the 3 pack format allows us to keep the price lower. Besides, if you're keeping up with the Fantastic 4 right now, you know that it's about to become the Fantastic 3!
**Action Figure News**
AFN: Marvel Universe wave 10 just got recently got released in Canada but we haven't seen wave 9 yet, are we going to be seeing this series containing Iron Spider-man, Winter Soldier, Mary Jane Watson and Skrull Soldier at Canadian retail? Editors note: this was asked before we were able confirm the Canadian retail release.
Hasbro: Wave 9 will definitely make it to Canada, but it's not possible for us to say (with any degree of certainty) when each wave will hit specific retailers.
AFN: Will we see the Iron Man 2 six inch Mark IV at Canadian retail?
Hasbro: The War Machine and Mark V 6" figures are available in Canada.
AFN: Can we expect to see the Marvel Universe Marvel's Greatest Battles Comic Packs and Team Packs (Original Avengers, X-Force) at Canadian retail?
Hasbro: Trust us when we say we want these to be available to collectors everywhere! If we have our way, you'll find these at Canadian retail in 2011. Make sure to tell your local retailers you want Marvel Universe!
more to come.
I tried to post this in the message group...but there is a 1000 character limit for hisstanktwitter.
Xsoldier's Xtras! B/S/T Featuring GI Joe and Marvel Universe. (UPDATED 08/03/2013)
COUNTDOWN TO THE APOCALYPSE: IT'S COMING! (just need to get that stupid TMNT sewer playset).
Last edited by Xsoldier; 11-04-2010 at 06:20 PM..
|11-04-2010, 06:00 PM||#23856|
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Cybertron, CA
woah. page ownage!
|11-04-2010, 06:07 PM||#23857|
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Greensboro, NC
Nice. Good info all around, albeit a bit vague about many parts
|11-04-2010, 06:07 PM||#23858|
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lafayette La
Great Walls of Text!
Nice job collecting the Q&As. Thanks.
|11-04-2010, 06:19 PM||#23859|
Slayer Designs Staff
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: cant spell USA
bunch of tards all the parts in the current line are there to make a Rogue JL style, secret wars Storms belt and jacket, and Blackwidows head with Dark Phoenixes hair.
|11-04-2010, 06:19 PM||#23860|
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Thanks for compiling that xsoldier. There's some good info in there.
I think the last one is old though. It talks about Secret Wars and figures for 2010.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Marvel Universe Lot 17 Figures!||G.I. JOSEPH||G.I. Joe on Ebay||7||05-31-2012 09:26 AM|
|Marvel Universe *HUGE LOT* 40 Figures 3.75 MIB NIB SDCC Marvel Wave 1-6||Elite Force Cobra||G.I. Joe on Ebay||2||11-19-2011 02:10 AM|
|Looking for Marvel Universe figures||chopsooie||G.I. Joe Buy Sell Trade||3||09-30-2009 08:27 PM|
|Just got these today marvel universe figures and dc universe crisis||Dawg99||General Discussion||42||01-22-2009 09:36 PM|
|New G.I.Joe 50th 2016 Assortment Discussion Thread|
|Official Cobra Command Recruitment Thread!!!!|
|No Popular Enough|
|The 461st Greatest G.I. Joe Character of all Time!|
|Cobra Air Assault Trooper by Foxtrot Delta|
|Announcing Chicken Fried Toys Dime Novel Legends...|
|Just bought a 37 MOC lot!!|
|G.I. Joe 50th Anniversary Toys "R" Us Photo...|
|Action Man from The G.I. Joe Collector's Club!|
|Custom Recon Glider by Foxtrot Delta|
|Ripcord by Foxtrot Delta|
|GI Joe Tread Ripper|
|Python Patrol Inspired Cobra Fang|
|Terminator Plasma Rifle by Foxtrot Delta|
|DTC Barrel Roll by Oreobuilder|
|New Character- BFS Zombie Hunter|
|Bullet Proof by francis2064|
|Night Force Lifeline|
|What secrets lurk in the filecards?|
|Custom Cover Girl|
|The 460th Greatest G.I. Joe Character of all Time!|
|Why do the creators of GIJOEs like gingers so much?|
|Lt. Daina by Vanishing Point|
|Horrorshow by Vanishing Point|
|Official G.I. Joe Command Team Recruiting Thread|
|Recent Off Topic Threads|
|Marvel Legends Legendary Discussion Thread|
|Power Team Elite And True Heroes Discussion Thread|
|Any Readers Interested in Original Star Wars Fiction?|
|How big is a Fisher Price figure?|
|Vitruvian H.A.C.K.S. Chop Shop (Boss Fight Studio)|
|Recent B/S/T Threads|
|TFCon 2016 wants|
|Selling off a large amount of modern era joes &...|
|Custom NIGHT OPS SCARLETT...|
|Anyone near an Ollies to get the Crimson Strike Set|
|Roland's Buy/Sell List|
|Need to move stuff ASAP|
|Primeconvoy1's Joe's & Other Items on Ebay|
|POC Cobra Commander Test Shot w/ Hasbro Build Sheet|