TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   HissTank.com - G.I. Joe > Non G.I. Joe > Toys
Home G.I. Joe News Toy Database Forum Rules Register Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
G.I. Joe T-Shirts

Transformers Masterpiece Thread V2: A New Direction(starting with MP10)

Reply Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2013, 02:41 AM   #761 (permalink)
Smells Lemony

Yeah, it's a valid theory... but until I see the announcement come from Takara, I won't be getting excited.

Vermillion, I have also dropped Joe collecting. It didn't hurt that the bulk of the toys were of no appeal to me in the Retaliation line. And I never saw any Alley-Viper so that helped me avoid buying them.
——.—..___.__..__.-.—..__.···.___.

Tales of the Dead Eleven:
Misfire
--How is it that I'm wearing a grey undershirt... but my bellybutton lint is still blue?
Hicks_Royel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:02 AM   #762 (permalink)
I love ROSS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks_Royel View Post
Vermillion, I have also dropped Joe collecting. It didn't hurt that the bulk of the toys were of no appeal to me in the Retaliation line.
^ Yeah, I know what you mean. I've bought like 8 figures from the Retaliation line ...

HTS.com's epic failures survivor:
- Slaughtergate 2010
- Zaranagate/StarStrikergate 2011

ROSS - GI Joe retailer of 2010/2011!!! **** - 4 stars!!!

My Feedback Thread
vermillion21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:44 AM   #763 (permalink)
Ex-Pharisee

Quote:
Originally Posted by vermillion21 View Post
^ Yeah, I know what you mean. I've bought like 8 figures from the Retaliation line ...
Of everything I've seen, I'm only getting select figures from wave 3, if they ever get released. But I'm anxiously awaiting the soundwave masterpiece at tru and I've bought quite a few TF kreo sets.

Feedback thread: http://www.hisstank.com/forum/buy-se...lyguy-1-a.html
B/S/T thread (UPDATED 10/16/14!): http://www.hisstank.com/forum/g-i-jo...sell-list.html

Wants: Sigma 6 Firefly; Kreon Alpine
FS: Sideshow Snake Eyes Commando w/Timber; Sideshow Exclusive Boba Fett

Www.startswithamousetravel.com
fireflyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:49 AM   #764 (permalink)
Free the Punisher

RolandofGilead's Ebay Auctions
Location: being held in a special containment center at the bottom of Lake Michigan
So Galvatron may be coming, but he'll be a Tank so they can re-use the mold later for Megatron Generation 2?

Darkness.
No parents.
Being rich... kinda makes it better.
RolandofGilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:16 PM   #765 (permalink)
Smells Lemony

I really doubt that. The Masterpiece Line isn't a Generations/What-have-you update a character's design simply to get the remold line.

We certainly haven't seen a yellow Sideswipe as Sunstreaker and I highly doubt that we'll see a tank Galvatron just to get the G2 Megatron repaint afterward.

I'm fairly certain we'll see a new Megatron [Walther P38] much like we got MP-10. Hegemon and Quakewave have really given Takara a starting point to building the better G1 Megatron.

Misfire
--How is it that I'm wearing a grey undershirt... but my bellybutton lint is still blue?
Old 05-22-2013, 04:19 PM   #766 (permalink)
Free the Punisher

RolandofGilead's Ebay Auctions
Location: being held in a special containment center at the bottom of Lake Michigan
I only repeated the rumors I read on this site discussing the possibility of getting a MP Mirage.

Darkness.
No parents.
Being rich... kinda makes it better.
RolandofGilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 03:57 PM   #767 (permalink)
Smells Lemony

Yeah, I know... but rumors are what they are. And I realize this is no less speculation that everything else in the posted thread above but seems the Masterpiece line is holding to G1.

Misfire
Old 05-23-2013, 08:01 PM   #768 (permalink)
The Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
They look nice.

I received my pile of loot which had MP red alert. I paid $84.00, and it seems to be a little on the high side for what you get. At the going rates, I will skip sideswipe.
That's exactly what I thought when I received mine. I might get a Tiger Track though, he looks pretty good.

Quote:
Honestly, the price is hard to accept. Even with the level of detail and effort. But it is what it is and it certainly isn't going to back down anytime soon. Not with the after market, "Well, now I have to have it..." demand.
This is very true.

Quote:
^ 100% agree. Hence, why I have dropped collecting Joes by 95% in the last couple of years ...
I still collect Joes, but sadly of late it seems like most of what I want (ARAH updates) are exclusives. So that's a lot of money being spent even with retail charging $10 a pop. I still buy them though.

Quote:
Yeah, it's a valid theory... but until I see the announcement come from Takara, I won't be getting excited.

Vermillion, I have also dropped Joe collecting. It didn't hurt that the bulk of the toys were of no appeal to me in the Retaliation line. And I never saw any Alley-Viper so that helped me avoid buying them.
I'm mostly looking forward to wave 3 and Blind Master.

Quote:
I've bought the same amount. I've got 4 red ninjas, 1 black ninja, and the Firefly 3 pack so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireflyguy View Post
Of everything I've seen, I'm only getting select figures from wave 3, if they ever get released. But I'm anxiously awaiting the soundwave masterpiece at tru and I've bought quite a few TF kreo sets.
I hope those cassettes have better QC than the Takara one's that I've been reading about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolandofGilead View Post
So Galvatron may be coming, but he'll be a Tank so they can re-use the mold later for Megatron Generation 2?
I doubt there will be a Tank version of Galvatron. Everything about this line now as far where G1 characters are concerned is all based on accuracy to the cartoon.

Quote:
I really doubt that. The Masterpiece Line isn't a Generations/What-have-you update a character's design simply to get the remold line.

We certainly haven't seen a yellow Sideswipe as Sunstreaker and I highly doubt that we'll see a tank Galvatron just to get the G2 Megatron repaint afterward.

I'm fairly certain we'll see a new Megatron [Walther P38] much like we got MP-10. Hegemon and Quakewave have really given Takara a starting point to building the better G1 Megatron.
Yes, we need a new Megatron to go with MP-10.

Iron Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 06:09 AM   #769 (permalink)
Smells Lemony

At this point, I'd be happy with a MP-10 height, highly articulated, better detailed Action Master Megatron just to have the two square off in my display. He's never going to be transformed anyway and Soundwave came with the alt mode... So... yeah. But it'd better be less than fifty bucks.

Misfire
Old 05-24-2013, 10:23 PM   #770 (permalink)
FREEDOM FIGHTER

I just don't feel the need for a new mp megatron. I think the og is pretty sweet and I do have the first mp prime if I need him to "square off." mostly he's on my shelf with these decepticons anyways and the larger size doesn't bother me. He's effin megatron.

I would certainly appreciate a new mp galvatron with cyclonus and scourge. of course mp astrotrain, blitzwing might even be more desired. Id love it if a company like FT tackled some of those bots.

CVdelgado is offline   Reply With Quote