|10-29-2008, 03:37 PM||#41|
Join Date: Jul 2007
|10-29-2008, 03:38 PM||#42|
The Chaos Bringer
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Skid Row Yo!!!
If anyone is interested they do sell Knock-offs of Dinobots, Wheeljack, and such. And they're good too. ;)
|10-30-2008, 06:09 PM||#43|
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The IL
I sooooo want MISB Cyclonus and Scourge but I'm holding out for reissues. I might be waiting a while, though. Them and the rest of my reissue want list:
Any G1 Combiner
|10-31-2008, 01:50 AM||#44|
Join Date: Mar 2007
Hello all. I rarely post here as I am usually on Mastercollector and tfans - I am primarily a Transformers collector. I would like to offer some info regarding upcoming encore reissues and ehobbys.
1. To those who want Shockwave - he is LIKELY to be reissued as he was originally put out by Toybox in early eighties, the very same company that did the pre-transformers Omega Supreme and Sky Lynx (whick both just had encore reissues). Everyone thought they went under, but Toybox recently had a display setup at Japan's (Wonderfest?) and bragged about creating Shockwave originally and had a few (grey) ones on display (do not know if new or vintage). If that company still had the molds for the big guys for TakaraTomy to use (unless they are now owned by TakaraTomy), I am sure they have the moulds for Shockwave. Also, he is HUGELY popular in Japan and was a limited release there in the eighties, so they will likely do him even if they have to do heavy mould repair (ala Soundwave).
2. Jetfire - do as suggested elsewhere in this thread with the Bandai version. Too many legal issues there.
3. Mirage - TakaraTomy actually has this mould, but cannot release it until the decade-plus suit/injunction brought by the japanese designer (no, not the well known guy) is settled. Takara released him and never paid royalties back in the eighties. Not looking good, so buy the Chinese remake which is made from the original mould and is even tighter than the original at the kness - Check with email@example.com.
4. Trypticon - he was used in Japanese Beast Wars as Gigastorm in 1998, so possible.
5. After Trailbreaker and Hoist, excpect a large figure. TakaraTomy has recently been doing two small, then a large, small, then large, etc. Examples - Sky Lynx, then Minibots, Then Omega, then Skywarp and Thundercracker, then Metroplex.
6. Do NOT believe the "mould is lost/damaged" thing one bit. Prime and Sounwave were both "badly damaged", yet we got tons of reissues of them. They will re-cast if necessary if there is plent of demand. Make your voices heard. Also, standard business practice in manufacturing is to have SEVERAL copies of the same mold for emergencies such as breakage, worn, etc.
Here are some other interesting tidbits:
Hasbro is planning/looking at a few reissues in Fall 2009 to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Transformers. No word on who though. (October 2008 Q and A).
Previously, Takara mentioned wanting to do Targetmaster Scourge (just before merger with Tomy). Good Possibility.
Wheeljack and Sunstreaker, along with the other high quality remakes of the Dinobots, Mirage and Reflector (not the 10.00 yard sale crappers) are made from the original moulds. How? The factory releasing these remakes used to be licensed by Hasbro and Takara back in the eighties, but kept the moulds when the license
expired. Sucks for TakaraTomy and Hasbro.
Look for one reissue from TakaraTomy in 2009 no one expected - that was the hint that was dropped at a Toy festival in Japan.
If the Encore series continues to do well, we can excpect six releases a year, whether singles or two-packs, in 2009 and beyond
as has been their trend. We can only hope demand stay strong, even in this bad economy.
|10-31-2008, 09:22 AM||#45|
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The IL
Soundwave and especially Optimus Prime molds were fixed or new ones made because those figs are money makers. Some molds might not be seen as good business choices depending on how well they think the fig will sell. I'd like to see any and all of G1 reissued, at least the ones that haven't seen a reissue yet, but I'll have to wait and see what figs TakTomy see as worthy. I guess they did do Wheelie, included with Kup, so anything can happen.
|11-01-2008, 09:25 AM||#46|
Not Hasbro approved.
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: :Location: Location.
Apparently, the reissues of Omega Supreme and Sky Lynx came about when Takara and Tomy merged, and it was realised that Tomy own the rights to some of the ToyBox items. I'm not intending to suggest that a Shockwave reissue is out of the question however. Takara keep going back to G1 reissues.
As for the unlicensed reproductions, some say they were made using original molds. Others say new molds were created by taking apart the original toys. Either way, after my experience with the Swoop remake i'm giving them a wide berth.
|11-03-2008, 01:18 AM||#47|
Join Date: Mar 2007
Miscreant, thanks for the correction. I actually knew that one, but somehow it just...well, brain fart. I am correct though that ToyCO (now that my brain is in gear) did in fact show off the astro magnums/shackwaves a couple of months ago. There has been no such demo in over 15 years of that mould. That is leading to speculation that Shockwave is coming in 2009. Remember, Takara DID release him in Japan in 1986-1987 VERY limited run, unlike Omega and Sky Lynx whom were never released in the line in Japan. Takara did have a license with them back then like Hasbro did, so it may happen. Also, about the Dinobot remakes - you got Version 1 of the remake. Version two corrected the loose beak and the incorrect/not fitting weapons issues that V1 had (aka, the one I got-typical). The Grimlock, Snarl, and Slag figure wise are spot on the same (though Grimlock had Swoop's sword and Slag had an issue with his bottom mouth piece in Dino mode with early runs). Takara insists that the moulds are gone, yet here we have these remakes that are not "puffy' like the standard remakes. The source I used to get mine, Doufaceb's Hobby, explained to me the story like I mentioned earlier. This is why Takara says they are "beyond repair" - they do not have em at all. These guys do. Same as Wheeljack, Sunstreaker, Cyclonus - all ones everyone wants, but Takara does not put out. Instead, We just had announced #13 Trailbreaker and #14 Hoist. Talk about NO WHERE NEAR the popularity of Wheeljack, Sunstreaker, Dinos, etc., but I will still egt em as I am a 1984-1987 completist.
PS - If you contact your seller (like I did with mine) they should swap your Swoop for you (depending on how long ago you purchased, of course) or send the corrected weapons if that was the issue.
|11-07-2008, 10:48 AM||#48|
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Mission Hill / Boston
Encore's I would like to see.. Mirage, wheeljack, all the dinobots, shockwave and jetfire.. Especially shockwave and jetfire those two would be sooo sweeet!!!
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Encore 01 Reissue Optimus Prime--MAKE AN OFFER!!!||GrimlockAutobot||G.I. Joe Buy Sell Trade||0||07-11-2008 01:01 PM|
|Transformers||dgnr82||Toys||3||07-04-2008 03:47 PM|
|GI Joe in Transformers?||BigErn||G.I. Joe General Discussion||4||06-28-2008 04:12 PM|
|kay need some transformers help||gijoe071681||Toys||8||10-04-2007 08:40 AM|
|Where are all the Transformers?||flash70||Toys||20||08-21-2007 08:35 AM|
|Hisstank RPG Game Forum/ Battlefield.|
|IDW Revolution Discussion...|
|Modern Annihilator custom by Geckohun|
|Custom Gi Joe Black Ops Codename: Snake Eyes|
|Official G.I. Joe Command Team Recruiting Thread|
|THE INITIATIVE Dio-Story|
|New G.I.Joe 50th 2016 Assortment Discussion Thread|
|Question regarding Heavy Duty|
|Eagle Force returns|
|What secrets lurk in the filecards?|
|Florida G.I. Joe Sightings|
|IDW January 2017 G. I. Joe Solicitations|
|Canadian G.I. Joe Sightings|
|VvV Recondo by Oreobuilder|
|VvV Double Clutch by Oreobuilder|
|Outback, Falcon, and OG13 Scarlett|
|G.I. Joe 50th Anniversary Toys "R" Us Photo...|
|Michigan G.I. Joe Sightings|
|Is ARAH coming to an end?|
|Maryland G.I. Joe Sightings|
|IDW December 2016 G. I. Joe Solicitations|
|Custom parts need/have thread|
|Night Force Lifeline|
|New Jersey G.I. Joe Sightings|
|Recent Off Topic Threads|
|The CORPS Megathread|
|Marvel Legends Legendary Discussion Thread|
|Anyone using Game of Thrones Ghost (Wolf) for Timber?|
|Legion XIV 1:18 Project: Suits|
|Power Team Elite And True Heroes Discussion Thread|
|Recent B/S/T Threads|
|......... Plastirama redmack & invasor fullcard up for...|
|Hazard Vipers POC Cobra Shock Trooper|
|WTB OR TRADE FOR: 50th Tombstones|
|KnightStryke's sales thread|
|Need to move stuff ASAP|
|Un_Chakal's B/S/T A lot here...|
|RyanJ BST Selling RoC PoC 30th Resolute Retaliation...|
|Toys for sale(some SDCC/Con exclusives)|