|View Poll Results: Rate X-Men Origins Wolverine!|
|10: Best movie of the year!||10||4.13%|
|9: Pretty damn good!||33||13.64%|
|8: Well done, with only a few things crummy.||51||21.07%|
|7: Good film, better than X3!||36||14.88%|
|6: About what I expected, little bit of a letdown.||28||11.57%|
|5: Too many characters, not enough story.||9||3.72%|
|4: Hoping for more, slighty dissapointed.||32||13.22%|
|3: Don't really care at all.||12||4.96%|
|2: Utter trash. Please, no more.||19||7.85%|
|1: Won't be seeing it, not a fan.||12||4.96%|
|Voters: 242. You may not vote on this poll|
|05-03-2009, 06:13 PM||#61|
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: So. Cal, the Inland Empire
Good film/better than the train wreck that was X3. It did jump around a bit here and there. For example, he was "James" or "Jimmy" until suddenly Striker calls him "Logan" while he's playing lumberjack. So, there was a strange lapse in continuity there... unless I just missed an earlier reference. A few others here & there, but overall a decent popcorn flick.
... but just what was the point in the Striker epilogue? I was left scratching my head with that one... then after waiting through the credits I got the bar scene... which left my wife scratching her head.
Next week Star Trek and I cannot wait!!!
Last edited by Lantern_Lad; 05-03-2009 at 06:16 PM..
|05-03-2009, 06:22 PM||#62|
Join Date: Jan 2007
Yeah, I think that was just a "X years later..." Logan the lumberjack is living in seclusion still Stryker found him.
Star Trek, Terminator, I'm actually interested in that Terra movie even... Then Transformers and the GI Joe movie, busy summer.
Tales of the Dead Eleven:
--How is it that I'm wearing a grey undershirt... but my bellybutton lint is still blue?
|05-03-2009, 07:45 PM||#63|
Join Date: Dec 2008
|05-03-2009, 08:18 PM||#64|
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Flint, MI
The film was just plain bad. The effects were bad. Apparently no one knows how to do lighted effects. Is it just me or is Logan's claws getting more and more fake looking? Are you telling me that 2000 was the peak of CGI?
And what's up with Wolverine fighting Baraka from Mortal Kombat? And how does a thousand tons of concrete get destroyed and no one has a bit of dirt on them?
And while everyone is ticked about Deadpool's interpretation, I'll be pissed about Wraith's. The guy loves using explosives, not fists.
Just about the only thing I liked was the combining of Mammoth and Blob.
|05-03-2009, 08:26 PM||#65|
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Flint, MI
|05-03-2009, 08:30 PM||#66|
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Flint, MI
Logan? That's not a name, that's a Canadian verb. As in, "I need some wood, I'm goin' logan"
|05-03-2009, 08:31 PM||#67|
Cobra Elite Trooper
Join Date: Sep 2008
I've read reports that there's 2 after credit endings. The Wolverine in a bar endng and the other ending is supposedly Ryan Reynold's Wade Wilson recovering Weapon 11 from the wreckage setting up Ryan Reynold's Deadpool movie. The one I saw was Wolverine in a Japanese bar though. Which is supposed to set up a Wolverine as Patch movie Hugh Jackman wants to do about the characters days in Japan.
|05-03-2009, 09:01 PM||#68|
So much drama 'n the LBCs
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Saw a matinee, at $16.50 for 2 people. "Matinee" prices.
At least it wasn't the usual $12/per. I hate California, sometimes.
Okay, so I rated it a 6/10. It was better than I expected, but way worse than I wanted. I'm assuming this is how GI Joe will end up, too.
For me, it was less disappointing than Spider-man 3, and better than either Fantastic Four films. Not as good as Incredible Hulk, which was waaaay better than I expected.
• Liev Schreiber kicks total ass as Sabretooth. I really wish the film had just been limited to Sabretooth and Logan vs each other, but it sadly wasn't. I kept wanting more, and I was half expecting Wolvie to pop his middle claw through Sabretooth's skull in that one scene (to destroy his memory), hence why he doesn't seem to recollect much about him in "X-Men 1". They explained out Wolverine's memory, if you want to call that an explanation. But Sabretooth left a bit of a plot hole.
• Logan. Hugh Jackman shows that he loves the character, and nobody else will be able to play him and me see him as Wolverine. They've made him a tad too heroic and sappy lately in the Marvel comics, and I like the old scrappy, dances-the-line-between-good-and-evil Wolverine. The bone claws looked better than the metal ones. The CGI on that was shit.
• Ryan Reynolds as Wade Wilson. He was great! Exactly who I could see playing Deadpool, and they went and fucked it up at the end big time. Reynolds should be given his own DP film, he could carry it if you ask me. They just need a good script, which I don't expect will ever happen in a Deadpool movie. It'll be another Elektra.
• Ugh, too many. Plot holes out the ass, if you ask me. And this isn't coming as a nerd. I try to watch these films as if "does it hold up as a self-contained story?" and there were too many WTF? moments for me that, if I didn't know what was loosely supposed to be happening, I'd be completely lost.
• Names. They never call anyone by their name. Not once was Sabretooth called Sabretooth, or Wraith by name, or Silverfox, or anyone. I hate it when people are credited as a character, but the film doesn't name them in the actual film. If I wasn't a nerd, I wouldn't know who any of the characters were. If a film names a character, they should call them that name at least ONCE. I don't think Wraith's name was even mentioned... If I didn't know he was "Wraith", I'd be looking in the credits for "black cowboy named John". Was the Hobbitt guy even called Bolt at any point? Zero was named, Creed was Creed, but I don't think he's ever called "Sabretooth" in the film. And what was with "Jimmy" suddenly becoming Logan? NONE of that was explained, and as a film, without knowing all the offscreen crap from being a dork, I wouldn't know that they just forgot to mention the gaps in the middle.
• Too many characters. And I thought X-3 had too many. I know they didn't get to squeeze as many guys into X-Men 1-3 as they probably wanted to, but don't dilute a Wolverine film with characters that don't have anything to do with Wolverine. I really wanted to see Gambit, but this wasn't the right film for him. Why even include Cyclops? Blob? Seriously? They didn't need to be in it.
• In-movie physics. I know you can't critique a film like this based off regular physics, but if it sets up its own rules, and breaks them, it makes me wonder if the writer has any sense or read his own script, or the preceding material (X-Men movie scripts) to make sure that he wasn't creating any loopholes. The adamantium bullets and then the skull healing made no sense, from a film continuity angle.
• Time wasn't wisely used if you ask me. A ton of stuff could have been cut and other things could have been expanded upon. The script needed heavy editing, and they didn't give it that.
Overall, the film was watchable, full of plot holes and not the Wolverine movie I wanted. I'm hoping it serves the purpose X-Men and Spider-Man did, setting up the sequel as the "more essential" story now that all the backstory crap is out of the way. I hope they got the "Wolverine's Origin" out of their system, so that Wolverine 2 will be in Madripoor, and a much more focused cast and story. I bet not, but for now, it's what I'm hoping for.
|05-03-2009, 10:32 PM||#69|
Cobra Sith Lord
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Santa Clarita, CA
It's a high 5 from me. The movie was very disappointing to me and could have been a lot better. Did anybody else notice some of the effects shots were horribly done? This felt like it was not up to par with the other X-Men movies.
5 out of 10. Mediocre. Average and very disappointing. It had some great moments, but overall it was not a good movie at all.
|05-04-2009, 10:04 AM||#70|
Snake Eyes' Daddy
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Athens/UGA campus, GA
Movie was baaaadddddd. CGI was wretched. The bathroom scene when you see his claws for the first time... the whole place was muttering "are you serious?" and "wow..." and "that looks terrible." personally I was too bewildered to speak... it was terrible he would have been better off holding butter knives between his fingers. The scene where all of the mutants are walking towards the helicopter was terrible as well, they werent even walking on the ground... just like floating.... sooo bad. Plot wa descent but too slow, I found myself bored half the time. I give it a 3... it would be a 1 if it wastn for hugh jackman being the man.
Does anyone know why it was so rushed and bad? Did it have to do with the leak? I have never seen such bad CGI in a theatre release.
"Fierce Krypton is as smooth as a Cold, Crisp Colt 45 Malt!
He works every time!!!"
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|does anyone have any wolverine origins figures||darkman||G.I. Joe Buy Sell Trade||4||03-03-2009 05:01 PM|
|Wolverine Origins||Bridegroom||Toys||1||03-01-2009 08:45 PM|
|Wolverine Origins @ TRU.com||The Commander||Toys||0||02-26-2009 08:25 PM|
|wolverine origins toys||crazyfellow1||Toys||2||02-07-2009 10:45 PM|
|X-Men Origins:Wolverine||Bionic Commando||Movies DVD Television||15||12-04-2008 09:23 PM|
|tiger force flash by the odinson|
|Modern Era Deep Six|
|Hisstank RPG Game Forum/ Battlefield.|
|Origin of zombie vipers|
|Who's Your Favorite Dreadnok Of All Time?|
|"Ages 25 & Up": My Joe Fig-Comic|
|New G.I.Joe 50th 2016 Assortment Discussion Thread|
|Eagle Force returns|
|What is Hasbro's movie/T.V problem?|
|Wild Weasel by Geckohun|
|New York G.I. Joe Sightings|
|Terminator Plasma Rifle by Foxtrot Delta|
|The 458th Greatest G.I. Joe Character of all Time!|
|POLL: What is the 227th greatest G.I. Joe vehicle or...|
|Are you happy with the amount of figures released in...|
|FSS 2017 13TH Figure Guesses|
|Outback, Falcon, and OG13 Scarlett|
|G.I. Joe 50th Anniversary Stiletto Photo Shoot|
|Doc and Lifeline|
|Arkansas G.I. Joe Sightings|
|Is ARAH coming to an end?|
|IDW G.I. Joe Comic Book Sales Figures - Read Order|
|Official G.I. Joe Command Team Recruiting Thread|
|Best figure poll 2016 retail release|
|Virginia G.I. Joe Sightings|
|Recent Off Topic Threads|
|Power Team Elite And True Heroes Discussion Thread|
|Legion XIV 1:18 Project: Suits|
|The CORPS Megathread|
|Anyone using Game of Thrones Ghost (Wolf) for Timber?|
|Recent B/S/T Threads|
|New 50th line up for sale FS/FT|
|Toys for sale(some SDCC/Con exclusives)|
|Yojoe77 bst list|
|Postage Increasing for Parcels again in 2017|
|My Custom Baron Bloodclott|
|Un_Chakal's B/S/T A lot here...|
|POC Cobra Commander Test Shot w/ Hasbro Build Sheet|
|FS: 2009 Movie Cobra Commander w/ Hoses|