|03-09-2012, 11:37 PM||#21|
Join Date: Jun 2007
All are great to own.
|03-09-2012, 11:55 PM||#22|
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Kansas City
I would go with Renoir, Monet, Degas, or Cassatt. For me though, i am i post impressionist kinda guy, seurat, gaugain and the likes...
|03-10-2012, 02:13 PM||#23|
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Des Moines, IA
1. Don't have this one.
2. One of the best choppers in the Joe line, heavily armed and can carry some troops.
3. Cool little stealth fighter, but almost two small.
4. Don't have this one, too Tonka like for my taste
5. Same as above.
6. Same as number 2, but I admittedly like the chopper better for Joes.
7. Never been a fan of vehicles without driver seats or cockpits. Get a Rage/fury instead.
8. Heavy and stout jet, not very sleek, but still one helluva toy. I love this one!
9. I just picked up my first and I love it! I really recommend this little mech!
10. A cool little boat, the guns sometimes annoy me, but I like it none the less! It's great for carrying my joe Seal team!
11. Any Vamp is a good Vamp in my opinion!
12. Don't have this one.
13. This lame jet should have stayed in the Star Wars line, there was some potential with it, but it was never realized.
14. Don't have this
15. If you're referring to the BF2000 line...then I like it. Not sure about any other ones.
'90 Major Storm Hemlet
Tanks for the Memories Zap
Dio pics, Reviews, Customs!
|03-10-2012, 03:13 PM||#24|
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Midway, PA
I like the Ringneck a lot. One of my post-'94 favorites.
Disclaimer: The aforementioned post is the express opinions and ideas of the poster, and do not imply that those who have taken the time to read these views on this open forum should share or agree with them.
|03-10-2012, 03:54 PM||#25|
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Statesboro, GA
I am more of the modern sculpt era Joe fan these days (2007 on up). Lately we have not seen really good vehicles made except for a few (new hiss tank, new vamp, and remodeled skystriker). So when looking for some decent vehicles to with my modern figures. A few vehicles from both spy troops and V vs V lines were surprizingly enjoyable pieces both for asthethics and playability.
1. 2003 MUV - Do not have
2. Night Attack Chopter - I have the desert version. Love this thing. Reminds me of a Hind with the wings and those huge missle pods. But what sold me on this was the gimics: triger active rotor blades; second trigre deploys wings and fires missles; open cargo doors; the abillity to add additional weapons to the vehicle (I casted 4 copies of the gattling gun and installed them on all 4 ports, very impressive fire power profile, kick-ass)
3. Sky Sweeper - Another win for me. Although this is not a true exact model of the F-117 stealth fighter, it is as close to an official one we will get. With the wings deployed and setting the tail fins in the back possion, it looks like the F-117. I got mine from e-bay for a decent price (black with red interior). The drop pod gimic on this one reminds me something out of a James Bond flick. The gimic, opening top to reveal rocket deployment is cool, although I think they should have added more rockets for additional play value.
4. Smoke Screen Transport - Do not have
5. Split Fire - Do not have
6. Crimson Command Copter - do not have this, but have seen this one up close at a friends house. I kinda dig the resculpt and paint scheme, it served the purpose and goes with the stort that it was founded on. Otherwise very simular to the night attack or desrt attack chopper.
7. Cobra Ringneck or Battle in a Box Costco set - do not have this one but looks really cool as a urban assult vehicle. I could see some alley vippers deploying from this vehicle and the vehicle itself providing fire support for cobra troops.
8. Thunderwing Jet - I love this thing! Back story: I aquired this orignally to make it into a "Bayformers" movie Starscream but when I got it in hand, reallize it was too big and complicated piece to tear it a part. Changed out the batteries and looked up the instructions on how it worked, I come to appriciate the engineering it took to make this fun toy. Although not as sleek as the True Heroes version, the play value well exceeds over just a plain model of the F-22.
9. Defense Mech - this little guy was picked up on e-bay to be a companion to the Steel Marauder. I am really surprized of the range of motion this thing has. And for me, it does fit a 25th and up style of figure (right now I have an accelorator suit trooper inside the mech). I am surprized they did not bring this back when they released the newer mechs during the POC line. A fun little mech for sure.
10. Piranha Attack Boat - Do not have
11. VAMP 2004 - Do not have
12. APC 2004 - Do not have
13. Night Adder - Do not have
14. Operation Crimson Sabotage - Do not have
15. Pulverizer - Do not have
"When I first started, I was just a learner. Now I Am The Master Sculptor!" - Jedi_Master_Ben
|03-10-2012, 03:58 PM||#26|
Join Date: Jul 2008
I have the T-wing. I think it's cool. It's modern looking without being too over the top. Cool interactive effects with missles and bombs.
|03-10-2012, 03:59 PM||#27|
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Canton Michigan
i wouldn't mind them being released again for the m/e figures
MY JOE/TF COLLECTION http://jon7351.blogspot.com/
OR ON FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/JON7351
jmc2915 b/s/t http://www.hisstank.com/forum/g-i-jo...ries-toys.html
jmc2915 feedback http://www.hisstank.com/forum/buy-se...-feedback.html
|03-10-2012, 04:35 PM||#28|
Join Date: Feb 2007
I'm sorry my training is in Psychiatry I don't do impressions.
That being said...and again just my opinions...
1. 2003 MUV
Hated it, I just didn't like it at all.
2. Night Attack Chopter
Actually not bad...I think ROC would have benefited from using the base of this mold for the Cobra ship instead of what we were given.
3. Sky Sweeper
I sssume this is the later jet and not the BF2K vehicle, I don't know....I mean it was an ok vehicle for its size and could have been a cool modern Sky Hawk type of vehicle, but it just seemed so...misproportioned. And we sure as hell didn't need two more versions of it.
4. Smoke Screen Transport
Terrible, I mean if your gonna put that much plastic into a vehicle it should be a little cooler...I mean I guess it was ok but it really and I mean reallllllly felt not of the line, more like something The Corps produced or some sort of generic military line etc.
5. Split Fire
See Smoke Screen Transport
6. Crimson Command Copter
Same as the last two but I did like the Ringneck more...I do wish they had lost the electronics pack and made a troop compartment instead.
7. Cobra Ringneck or Battle in a Box Costco set
Uhm kinda pointless its the same as the other reviews, but I skipped the set all together mainly because it was nothing I didn't already have.
8. Thunderwing Jet
The scope gimmick was unneeded, but I actually like this one, its a solid two seater jet I was very happy with it.
9. Defense Mech
I run the gauntlet of loving hating this one, Its not horrible but it is a reuse from Exo-Squad I believe so on some level that bothers me, and the fact that its essentially a bite off of Aliens and of course the Starship Troopers novel also bothers me a bit...but I also can say that the idea of a lumbering suit....where to be honest its pilot isn't that well protected seems like a bad idea.....BUT IS SO DAMN COOL! LOL
10. Piranha Attack Boat
Ok maybe not THE coolest boat the Joes own, but somehow I do like it.
11. VAMP 2004
It felt, kinda clunky less streamlined than other VAMPs. An okay vehicle, but the Whirlwind was well worth it.
12. APC 2004
THE B.A.T. MOBILE!
Ok this one I bought mainly for the B.A.T.S. because when I saw this as the Mega Marines Monster APC I passed completely and hated it....BUT fell in love with it when I got this set and to be honest in the colors it is I use it more as an Iron Grenadier APC, but its still pretty sweet.
13. Night Adder
Not sure why but I do like this jet, wish it had seen more usage.
14. Operation Crimson Sabotage
EVERYTHING AN EXCLUSIVE SHOULD BE.
Same issues with this as the Mech suit and I still love it...so much I repainted it for Crocmaster as his Swampsmasher....
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|overall first impressions of movie uniforms||Omegawrath||G.I. Joe Live Action Movie||102||04-05-2009 06:53 PM|
|New Sculpt vehicles as 25th vehicles?||DVD||G.I. Joe Toys Modern & General Discussion||14||02-14-2008 09:03 PM|
|Your MOST WANTED vehicles! (aka the vehicles you want to see return)||Shin Densetsu||G.I. Joe Toys Modern & General Discussion||82||12-03-2007 09:54 AM|
|Eagle Force returns|
|New York G.I. Joe Sightings|
|Hisstank RPG Game Forum/ Battlefield.|
|Terminator Plasma Rifle by Foxtrot Delta|
|Origin of zombie vipers|
|The 458th Greatest G.I. Joe Character of all Time!|
|POLL: What is the 227th greatest G.I. Joe vehicle or...|
|Are you happy with the amount of figures released in...|
|FSS 2017 13TH Figure Guesses|
|New G.I.Joe 50th 2016 Assortment Discussion Thread|
|Outback, Falcon, and OG13 Scarlett|
|G.I. Joe 50th Anniversary Stiletto Photo Shoot|
|Doc and Lifeline|
|Arkansas G.I. Joe Sightings|
|Is ARAH coming to an end?|
|IDW G.I. Joe Comic Book Sales Figures - Read Order|
|Official G.I. Joe Command Team Recruiting Thread|
|Best figure poll 2016 retail release|
|Virginia G.I. Joe Sightings|
|Duke and Tombstone 2 pack|
|Announcing Chicken Fried Toys Dime Novel Legends...|
|Gi Joe Modern Era Upper Hip Gap|
|Illinois G.I. Joe Sightings|
|Maryland G.I. Joe Sightings|
|Takara Tony's Retro Toy Meet|
|Recent Off Topic Threads|
|The CORPS Megathread|
|Power Team Elite And True Heroes Discussion Thread|
|Anyone using Game of Thrones Ghost (Wolf) for Timber?|
|Transformers Masterpiece Thread V2: A New...|
|Recent B/S/T Threads|
|Toys for sale(some SDCC/Con exclusives)|
|Yojoe77 bst list|
|Postage Increasing for Parcels again in 2017|
|My Custom Baron Bloodclott|
|Un_Chakal's B/S/T A lot here...|
|POC Cobra Commander Test Shot w/ Hasbro Build Sheet|
|FS: 2009 Movie Cobra Commander w/ Hoses|
|Cobra Commander PaintMaster on eBay|