|03-10-2009, 04:20 PM||#1|
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Below are the GI Joe Movie figures I’m aware of, whether I’m buying them to add to my Modern Era/Resolute collection, and why or why not. How about you?
1. Sgt. Stone [originally thought to be Hawk] (body armor vest) – Yes – He'll probably be Hawk or Flint to me anyway, unless Sgt. Stone is awesome in the movie.
2. Cover Girl – Yes – I’m not sure exactly why I’m buying this one. I think it has something to do with her being blond.
3. Snake Eyes – Pass – I need another SE like I need a… you know the rest. Not cool enough to overcome that.
4. Scarlett (body armored) – Yes – This is definitely the best version of her from the movie line. It looks like a pretty good representation. I like redheads too.
5. Heavy Duty (green camo/vest) – Pass – I really just don’t have a place for this fig. In this outfit he’s pretty much redundant to my Roadblock.
6. Breaker – Pass – I wish there was anything about this figure I liked, but there just isn’t.
7. Duke (green/tan camo) – Pass – I realize this Duke is the one most like the Duke’s we all have come to know and love/hate, the most truly military figure in the line. But all told, I think that’s what doesn’t sell him for me. He’s just too plain. Maybe I’ll change my mind when I see him in the store, but I doubt it.
[Edit: Thanks to Artiepants's marvelous observation, I may be buying a few of these Dukes to headswap to make modern tan/greenshirts for the Joe team, nice!!!]
8. Shipwreck – Yes – It’s crazy that this less featured character is probably one of my top 3 for the movie figs. I honestly like the look of this Shipwreck more than any previous version.
9. Deep Six – Yes – I do realize he’s yet another Torpedo repaint. But he’s a good Torpedo repaint.
10. Snake Eyes (trench coat) – Yes – I know I just said I need another SE like I need a… but this one is so cool looking. If he does something cool in the movie while wearing the trench coat, he’ll even earn a special display separate from the others.
11. Scarlett (grey camo) – Pass – Plain outfit, not the best headsculpt ever, nothing particularly appealing, especially since I’m planning to get Cover Girl with essentially the same uniform.
12. Heavy Duty (black body armor) – Pass – I’m saying no for right now, but if there is any fig I might come around to, it’s this one. I will have to see Mr. Eko in person before making the final call on this one. He will definitely need an MJ minigun to replace that oversized monster they packed him.
13. Hawk (jacket) – Nope – This is a great modern version of the classic general. He will be mine. [nix that, I'm not buying the Pit to get the jacket, now if someone wants to sell me just Hawk, that's a different story]
14. Ripcord (accelerator suit) – Yes – Sorry powersuit and Marlon haters, it’s Robocop meets Master Chief to me and I like it.
15. Duke (accelerator suit) – Yes – If Hasbro makes it, I’ll buy it. I haven’t seen one in 3.75”. Have you?
16. Storm Shadow (long jacket) – Yes – He’s a modernized version of a classic character. He will be in a special movie based display with trench coat SE.
17. Baroness – Pass – I just got my definitive version of the Baroness in the new Cobra pack which makes this one redundant. Sorry Sienna…
18. Cobra Viper/Viper Commando – Pass – Nothing special enough about these guys to get my money. They really have no place with my other Cobra troops. I might get the MARS 3 pack though. We’ll see when I see them in person.
19. Cobra Arctic Trooper (or whatever his name is) – Pass – He looks cool and all, but I like my Snow Serpents just fine, thank you.
20. Zartan – Pass – I like my classic version so much better. No chance I buy this boring one.
21. Destro – Yes - I just saw pics up on ebay. He looks really cool!
22. Cobra Commander - No - Scariest Cobra figure ever. I'll wait until they release a more battle-ready version down the road I think.
23. Firefly - Yes - Looks like a pretty cool version. I'm kind of a sucker for Firefly anyway.
24. Barbecue - Pass - At this point, I really don't have a place for him. I have my original BBQ. I do like that he has weapons though.
Have I missed anybody (besides the other ME repaints, which I don't much care for)?
What say you?
Last edited by thunderdan19; 04-01-2009 at 04:25 PM..
|03-10-2009, 04:24 PM||#2|
Join Date: Jul 2008
Yeah....ahh. Buying none
|03-10-2009, 04:28 PM||#3|
Join Date: Sep 2007
Buying all of them! I cannot wait for the reboot of this franchise. Oh, and . . .
Sideshow 12" Snake Eyes order processing starts tomorrow, so they will be shipping out this week!
CFB '04 | JBL | The Coil | ViperCON | DClass | S.K.Ω.
"the way teh aprents go all ben tout of shape timmeh"
|03-10-2009, 04:34 PM||#4|
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Northwood, NH
The ones I will be buying will be getting new names and serving different functions in my Joeverse.
1. Hawk (body armor vest) – Pass – Haven't seen this version. But the jacketed version I'm going to use as a member of my Joebase support staff.
2. Cover Girl – Yes – I'm going to use it as a base for my Vorona custom.
3. Snake Eyes – Pass – Have too many already
4. Scarlett (body armored) – Yes – Not sure what I'll use this for
5. Heavy Duty (green camo/vest) – Yes - Will be Heavy Duty, lol
6. Breaker – Pass – Ugly head sculpt, useless figure
7. Duke (green/tan camo) – Yes - Not sure what role will use him for, but it'll be a new character
8. Shipwreck – Yes – I agree. This figure is awesome.
9. Deep Six – Yes – Agree, awesome Torpedo repaint.
10. Snake Eyes (trench coat) – Maybe - depends how cool looks in the trench coat
11. Scarlett (grey camo) – Yes - will use as the base for my Mayday custom
12. Heavy Duty (black body armor) – Pass
13. Hawk (jacket) – Yes – Will be using as part of my Joebase support staff
14. Ripcord (powersuit) – Yes – Really impressive figure. Not sure how will use, but will use.
15. Duke (powersuit) – Yes – Same reason as the Ripcord.
16. Storm Shadow (long jacket) – Yes – I like this figure alot. Will probably pass on the unmasked version.
17. Baroness – Pass - Ugly head sculpt
18. Cobra Viper/Viper Commando – Maybe - Might get them to use as special troopers.
19. Cobra Arctic Trooper (or whatever his name is) – Yes - I like the look of the figure, will get just 1 and make it a "named" Cobra.
20. Zartan – Yes - May troop build this to use the mask as Joebase support staff
21. Cobra Commander – TBD
22. Destro – TBD
|03-10-2009, 04:34 PM||#5|
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Last edited by thunderdan19; 03-10-2009 at 04:45 PM..
|03-10-2009, 04:56 PM||#6|
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Cicero IL
Scarlet Body armor - Yes - Good looking figure and my collection is a sausage fest thus far
Ripcord body armor - Yes - Great looking figure but I will be replacing the head
Shippy - Yes yes yes - Just an awesome looking figure
Hawk - Yes - Dennis Quaid makes an awesome Hawk and if you say otherwise you're dirty communist.
wave 2 Storm Shadow - Awesome looking character
Wave 2 Snake eyes - He'll be nice for some soft of custom AND he comes witha G36
Solomon Grundy,Born on a Monday ...
|03-10-2009, 05:00 PM||#7|
Join Date: Feb 2008
I'm in for at least both SE's, both SS's, and Cover Girl. prob'ly Scarlett camo too, cos the handle bar zip line will go with the Twins.
|03-10-2009, 05:05 PM||#8|
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Richmond, Virginia
|03-10-2009, 05:05 PM||#9|
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: No answer
1. Hawk (body armor vest) –NO
2. Cover Girl – Yes – More girls are needed.
3. Snake Eyes – Yes- This will be my definitive snake eyes.
4. Scarlett (body armored) – Yes – Cool figure.
5. Heavy Duty (green camo/vest) – NO
6. Breaker – NO
7. Duke (green/tan camo) – NO
8. Shipwreck – NO
9. Deep Six – NO
10. Snake Eyes (trench coat) – NO
11. Scarlett (grey camo) – NO
12. Heavy Duty (black body armor) – NO
13. Hawk (jacket) – NO
14. Ripcord (powersuit) – I might be army building these and simply swapping the head. Awesome design.
15. Duke (powersuit) – If similar to Ripcord then yes.
16. Storm Shadow (long jacket) – NO
17. Baroness – Bought and enjoyed! My definitive Baroness.
18. Cobra Viper/Viper Commando – Using them as mercenaries that work for Cobra La.
B) Neo viper -Yes, more mercenaries. I bought two already, this is the best figure in the line.
19. Cobra Arctic Trooper (or whatever his name is) TBD– I love the helmet. But the figure looks stupid. He looks like a Toejam and Earl character.
20. Zartan – I just want the Zartan head
21. Cobra Commander – Yes, yes yes! Oh yeah yeah! I'm gonna come to Target and buy this! Oh yeah!
22. Destro – Nope. I have my ultimate Destro I made and its awesome.
23. Motor viper- Yes, I will be army builder 3 of these
24. M.A.R.S. troopers- Already have 4 troopers and two officers. Great figure despite the crappy web gear.
Last edited by Zoltron; 04-01-2009 at 04:34 PM..
|03-10-2009, 05:16 PM||#10|
Ninja Force UK
Join Date: May 2008
1. Hawk (body armor vest) –No
2. Cover Girl – Yes
3. Snake Eyes – Yes
4. Scarlett (body armored) – Yes
5. Heavy Duty (green camo/vest) – Maybe
6. Breaker – Yes
7. Duke (green/tan camo) – Maybe
8. Shipwreck – Maybe
9. Deep Six – No
10. Snake Eyes (trench coat) – Maybe
11. Scarlett (grey camo) – No
12. Heavy Duty (black body armor) – Yes
13. Hawk (jacket) – Yes
14. Ripcord (powersuit) – Yes
15. Duke (powersuit) – Yes
16. Storm Shadow (long jacket) – Hell Yes
17. Baroness – Maybe
18. Cobra Viper/Viper Commando – Maybe
B) Neo viper - Maybe
19. Cobra Arctic Trooper (or whatever his name is) TBD– No
20. Zartan – Maybe
21. Cobra Commander – Yes
22. Destro – Yes
23. Motor viper - No
24. M.A.R.S. troopers - Probably not
25. Ripcord (Accelerator suit) - No
26. Storm Shadow (Unmasked) - YES!
PM me about Custom Commissions
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Toy Fair Movie Figs||GrapeSoda||G.I. Joe Live Action Movie||13||03-08-2009 05:03 AM|
|Movie figs release date?||goblin||G.I. Joe Toys Modern & General Discussion||11||03-06-2009 03:21 PM|
|The warriors movie action figs....||L.T. SEAL||Toys||16||08-31-2008 11:12 PM|
|Advice on buying used figs/army builders||jedipastor||G.I. Joe General Discussion||1||04-01-2008 09:07 PM|
|Personal Grail Piece!|
|New G.I.Joe 50th 2016 Assortment Discussion Thread|
|IDW January 2017 G. I. Joe Solicitations|
|California (Southern, SoCal) G.I. Joe Sightings|
|Custom Cover Girl|
|Switch Gears by francis2064|
|Who is the Best ME BAT?|
|What secrets lurk in the filecards?|
|Quick an easy Major Bludd.|
|The 461st Greatest G.I. Joe Character of all Time!|
|Georgia G.I. Joe Sightings|
|IDW Revolution Discussion...|
|Cobra troops serial numbers|
|Official G.I. Joe Command Team Recruiting Thread|
|Quality Control Issues with Latest G.I.Joe Wave|
|Eagle Force returns|
|Custom parts need/have thread|
|Joefan82 Video: 2016 Female Cobra Officer Figure Review|
|Illinois G.I. Joe Sightings|
|G.I. Joe 50th Anniversary Toys "R" Us Photo...|
|Tennessee G.I. Joe Sightings|
|Ohio G.I. Joe Sightings|
|NJCC New Jersey Collectors Con Is Sunday November 13th...|
|POLL: What is the 228th greatest G.I. Joe vehicle or...|
|Recent Off Topic Threads|
|Transformers Masterpiece Thread V2: A New...|
|Anyone using Game of Thrones Ghost (Wolf) for Timber?|
|2016 Toy Hauls|
|Marvel Universe 3.75" figures|
|Recent B/S/T Threads|
|Selling off a large amount of modern era joes &...|
|Dealer Destro's B/S/T|
|Luc20100's Selling 25th 30th ROC RENEGADES POC...|
|devildawgs B/S/T list|
|WANT-2012 Crimson Strike Baroness/2016 NF Scarlett|
|Roland's Buy/Sell List|
|Vintage Joes & Accessories (1982-1993)- 92 figures,...|
|Primeconvoy1's Sale List-GI Joe, TF'S, Zoids...|