TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   HissTank.com - G.I. Joe > G.I. Joe Toys > G.I. Joe Toys Modern & General Discussion
Home G.I. Joe News Toy Database Forum Rules Register Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
G.I. Joe T-Shirts

Let's Talk About Retaliation Wave 4 ultimate Snake Eyes

Reply Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2013, 12:59 AM   #131 (permalink)
Iron Grenadier

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Commander View Post
I like it, but my opinion is that POC SE will always be 'Ultimate'
Yeah. That's where I'm at with this. I'm not going to buy the same character over and over just because it's good.
——.—..···._..·.·..-.--.··.

The fandom is responsible for everything that happened to GI Joe. Hasbro is just a helpless victim.

Nightrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:34 AM   #132 (permalink)
Iron Grenadier

I really like the look of this figure, very nice. In my personal opinion I feel like the general fandom is, maybe for the first time, starting to move away from the 100 percent direct translations of original RAH figures. I say this because I feel like the majority of the fandom got a glimpse of something in POC that they've not been able to let go of, that modern reimagining of classic characters that simultaneously show us something new and familiar. When done well (POC 1-4) it's magic. So with that in mind, I feel like Hasbro is sort of maybe beating a dead horse with this one. Still a nice figure though!

"I want it ALL!" - Cobra Commander AND Freddie Mercury

Gun-Haver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:31 AM   #133 (permalink)
Cobra Viper

Good looking figure, but why so skimpy on the accessories? Would it have killed them to add an Uzi and a sword? Ah well, we should all have some extras at this point. I'll buy it, but will it be my definitive Snake Eyes? Probably not. I've got Rescue Mission, POC and the Retaliation three pack versions, all of which are awesome in their own ways. this one will probably be more of a display piece.

"It is unequivocally, without a shadow of a doubt, under God's hot sun, impossible to kill... Roadblock"-Dwayne Johnson

Feedback thread:
http://www.hisstank.com/forum/buy-se...ml#post3329809
Kitchen Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:50 AM   #134 (permalink)
Night Force

I think ... deleted due to disclaimer ...

ShockVal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:50 AM   #135 (permalink)
Bouncing Around the Room

This is a figure I will probably pick up if not get a pre-release illegal smuggled out of China assembly line edition.

Buzzetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:45 AM   #136 (permalink)
Crimson Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitchen Viper View Post
Good looking figure, but why so skimpy on the accessories? Would it have killed them to add an Uzi and a sword? Ah well, we should all have some extras at this point. I'll buy it, but will it be my definitive Snake Eyes? Probably not. I've got Rescue Mission, POC and the Retaliation three pack versions, all of which are awesome in their own ways. this one will probably be more of a display piece.
I think it's a very safe assumption to make that this figure will probably come with more than a pistol and a knife.

But if it doesn't it isn't as though there aren't a bazillion alternatives, likely that you already own. Even PoC "Ultimate" Snakes came with more swords than he could carry at once.

Jmacq1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:51 AM   #137 (permalink)
Crimson guard #78

eddy-arashikage's Ebay Auctions
I will be getting this guy to replace my snake eyes now wow he is seriously nice!!

He has all the coolest aspects of the SE figures that came before and his articulation looks much better too hmm I hope down the line we get a SS thats this good!!

WANTS LIST:
http://www.hisstank.com/forum/g-i-jo...ants-list.html

Quote from Andy Openshaw: "If you ever get channing potatum head on as a guest give him a slap from me."
eddy-arashikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:05 AM   #138 (permalink)
Cobra Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitchen Viper View Post
There are other pictures of this figure with a sword and an uzi. The same sword that came with 5pack and POC SE

Edit: You can also see in this pic that he has rocker ankles and wrist articulation
Attached Thumbnails
Let's Talk About Retaliation Wave 4 ultimate Snake Eyes-joecon-ultimate-snake-eyes.jpg

Last edited by Spawn77; 01-07-2013 at 09:27 AM..
Spawn77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:06 AM   #139 (permalink)
Formerly meandnooneelse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otomo View Post
It's obvious the torso and legs weren't sculpted for SE...they were that Cobra Diver guy....look at the piping on the wetsuit and legs...

He's a tad skinny too, isn't he? And I understand what they were going for with Timber, but man, that just looks like a mess to me!

I know what you'll say...."If you don't like it, don't buy it!" Well, I'm on the fence. The ankles are more accurate to the original figure and I suppose the head is as well. And the holster and sheath are functioning. But other than those SMALL points, is it really any better than the HoH version? I think overall it's a step backwards! Maybe sticking the ankles on the HoH one is the best way to go?

I thought HoH was perfect except one small detail....the sweater collar from V1 that shouldn't have been on V2....but this "Ultimate" figure has obvious flaws too, like the stupid scuba wet suit!!

I know this is the very depths of anal over-criticizing, but hey, it's the internet right? Just thought I'd throw it out there and see what you guys think.

If it were the old days and I could just go to the store and pick this up for $5-10 than yeah....I'd do that. But thinking of the hoops I'd have to jump through if I want this guy...I don't know if it's worth it.

The ULTIMATE modern take on V2 Snake Eyes? I guess there isn't one that's totally perfect, but I still think Hall of Heroes edges this one out unless they make some changes.
Wow, really? I guess everybody is different. The HOH version looks like a total mess to me. The overly long legs and house arrest bands being the obvious glaring issues. The '85 figure & card art featured a holster and knife on his legs which the HOH figure did not have, and then there's the funky 25th head sculpt that looks like the visor is crushing his face. This one beats it hands down for me... but to each his own I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn77 View Post
There are other pictures of this figure with a sword and an uzi. The same sword that came with 5pack and POC SE

Edit: You can also see in this pic that he has rocker ankles and wrist articulation
SWEET! I had not seen this pic. Thanks for posting it. If anybody has anymore feel free to post them.

Last edited by Pugsley; 01-07-2013 at 12:24 PM..
Pugsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:55 AM   #140 (permalink)
Cobra Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn77 View Post
Good to know. I know Hasbro's been cutting corners on these, but having SE with only a pistol and a knife would have been really lame, regardless as to whether I have extra weapons to give him or not.

"It is unequivocally, without a shadow of a doubt, under God's hot sun, impossible to kill... Roadblock"-Dwayne Johnson

Feedback thread:
http://www.hisstank.com/forum/buy-se...ml#post3329809
Kitchen Viper is offline   Reply With Quote