TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   HissTank.com - G.I. Joe > G.I. Joe Toys > G.I. Joe Toys Modern & General Discussion
Home G.I. Joe News Toy Database Forum Rules Register Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
G.I. Joe T-Shirts

Return to a 6" Joe Line.....

Reply Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2012, 12:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
Crimson Guard

Return to a 6" Joe Line.....

If Hasbro scrapped the 4" line again, in favor of a new 6" one, would you support it?

It wouldnt be the Sigma sculpts.
If it had the same detail and points of articulation as PoC/30th.
Used Atkins IDW designs.

Keep the the line small at first, 6-8 Joes, 4 antagonists (Cobra, Red Shadows, SKAR, Iron Grenaders ect.)
Small vehicles ("RAM", "Mirage", "Night Landing") at first.

No more "Waves" and go back to letting the assortment run a good part of the year (6-8 months) to help cut down on peg warmers. It will also give people time that like to troop build.

Include the "foot lockers" and gear from each version of that character. (web gear, vests, guns etc.)

Im torn on suggesting a price point, since the 4" lines are going at 10$, and the Marvel Select/Build a Figures are going for 22$, but a Barbie runs about 16$.

As far as who the line should be, of course Duke, SE, SS and CC are gonna be in it. But there are characters like Gung Ho that havent shown up in the IDW books yet.

I tossed around Movie/Resolute/Renegades cast in my head, but that would put it over my initial suggestion of 12 total.

I was thinking on 3 different line ups.

1. 8 Joes starting from '83. 2 from that year, then 1 from each up til '89.

2. Dukes team from IDW #0. Duke, Flint, Torpedo and Beachhead plus Roadblock, Ripcord, Lady Jaye and Hawk.

3. An original line up from "Hot Potato. Rock N Roll, Stalker, Snake Eyes, Scarlett, Hawk and Clutch plus Breaker and Grunt.

As far as who they are up against, I was thinking Vipers, or Troopers/Officers with extra Viper gear.

Cobra Commander with both the Hood and Battle helmet.

What do you think? Any other ideas to add?
——.—..···.__..···..-.—.___.

Sgt Major Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 12:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
Cobra Viper

This is a great idea, BUT with Hasbro cutting costs I really don't see this becoming reality. I would like to see Resolute and Renegades in this lineup, all with decked out articulation!!

Vance1714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 12:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
Surrounded by morons.

Irid70's Ebay Auctions
Given the foot-lockers of gear and the detailed sculpts, you're looking at $30 a figure. And 'waves' are a retail-directed decision, as Hasbro has told us time and time again. That's what Wal-Mart wants, and Wal-Mart gets what it wants.

Lbamtoyreview.blogspot.com
Irid70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 01:01 AM   #4 (permalink)
Crimson Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irid70 View Post
Given the foot-lockers of gear and the detailed sculpts, you're looking at $30 a figure. And 'waves' are a retail-directed decision, as Hasbro has told us time and time again. That's what Wal-Mart wants, and Wal-Mart gets what it wants.
well walmart doesnt carry joes, so screw what they want

Sgt Major Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 01:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
Randy Butternubs

rfarrell22's Ebay Auctions
NOPE!!

To me, Joes are only the 3.75's.
No 6's and NO 12's

rfarrell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 01:32 AM   #6 (permalink)
Brotherless One

No. It's not as if I dislike 6" figure, but I do not wish to collect Joes in the size format. The biggest problem is going to be with Vehicles. You simply cannot have the level of variety that you can with a 3 3/4 line. Not to mention price. If Hasbro were to make a VAMP for a 6" line, chances are it would be around the cost of a Skystiker if not more. Personally I'd rather have the 1/18 plane for the same price.

Granted they could keep to small vehicles like the Ram as stated, however the small vehicles will only go so far.

The other big problem is criticism of detail. Yes the POC and 30th lines are fantastic, but if the figures were increased in size, a lot of detail would either have to be lost, or kept at the price of higher costing figures.

Take a look at Hasbro's new Marvel Legends Punisher figure. He pretty much has a scaled up version of the Shock Trooper AK-47, whatever the hell the Retaliation Cobra trooper comes with, and Flacon's pump Shotgun. He has some nice features like a removable drum Mag, and a simple but accurate piece of Webgear.

Now the price of ML runs about 17-19 depending on where you get them. Now imagine the cost if he had a helmet, highly sculpted web gear fitting the whole torso, a gas mask, goggles, MP5K, Sledgehammer, Batons, and a shield. I just don't see getting a decent price out of that. At best the price probably could be kept at around 17 or so, but the figures accessories would have to be to the level of Renegades Scarlett to accomplish that, or have remarkably simple tooling as trade in for weapons.

Really if 6" Joes were to be a thing I don't think they should go for being like the POC/30th only bigger. Perhaps a better Idea would be for Hasbro to lend the rights to another company in much the same way they did with Sideshow. NECA for example would be perfect. For one you don't have to worry about Hasbro ending the regular line, and you don't have to worry about only having one Joe line being available at a high dollar cost.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
PhantomStranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:59 AM   #7 (permalink)
Ex-Pharisee

I've been able to hold off on 6" figs, but if something like this were produced, it would probably be enough to rope me in. I'd most like support it.

Feedback thread: http://www.hisstank.com/forum/buy-se...lyguy-1-a.html
B/S/T thread (UPDATED 10/16/14!): http://www.hisstank.com/forum/g-i-jo...sell-list.html

Wants: Ultimate Storm Shadow (loose/complete is fine)
FS: Sideshow Snake Eyes Commando w/Timber; Sideshow Exclusive Boba Fett

Www.startswithamousetravel.com
fireflyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 03:25 AM   #8 (permalink)
Crimson Guard

Instead of a line of 6 inchers, I propose this:
1/8 MG Figurerise Kamen Rider W Cyclone Joker by Bandai | HobbyLink Japan

There isn't much demand for another line of joes, but a special figure once a year is possible? I like the super articulation of the Figurerise kits. Joe Figurerise kits, who wants them?

Kungfuguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:53 AM   #9 (permalink)
Crimson Guard

No, my collection consists of 3.75" ARAH O-ring figures only. If Hasbro wants me to buy figures then that is what they will produce. I still buy the vehicles becuase my figures work with them, if they move to a 6" line then the vehicles would no longer work for me and I'd stop buying new GI Joe's all together.

Needs List:
'90 Major Storm Hemlet
Tanks for the Memories Zap

Dio pics, Reviews, Customs!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonahsjoes/

Buy/Sell/Trade Feedback
http://www.hisstank.com/forum/buy-se...ck-thread.html
jogunwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 01:15 PM   #10 (permalink)
Darth_Henning

Send a message via AIM to Lifeline_MD Send a message via MSN to Lifeline_MD Send a message via Yahoo to Lifeline_MD
Gotta admit, I'd be out. 6" holds no interest for me.

Lifeline_MD is offline   Reply With Quote