|10-18-2008, 05:53 AM||#1|
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Northeastern, Pennsylvania
1- Availability of figures in certain areas of the country.
2- Re-paints and Hasbro's lazy re-use of parts.
3- Weak wrist joints and useless hand positions.
4- Lack of key characters.
5- Loss of rights to original names. IE: "Dataframe."
6- Only 1 peg on Cobra stands.
7- Certain color schemes IE: Leatherneck with AWE Striker, and Fang Pilot, and the up-coming Matt Tracker.
8- The mold apparently breaking, meaning no Skystriker?
9- Spirit's terrible face.
10- The lame writing in the new comics in the comic packs.
|10-18-2008, 05:58 AM||#2|
Join Date: Sep 2008
Which 'Key Characters" would you be referring to? We essentially have all the main Cobra Characters and Joes... Granted there are plenty of characters left to be made, but I think we're close to stocked up on 'key' characters.
To be honest, I haven't anything to really complain about. Limp wrists, sure but n some cases we're getting those fixed. As far as repaints go, I'm not too mad about that at all. SOme of them have been really good repaints and kit bashes to make "new" figures. Sure there are some things to be desired, but overall this is a GREAT figure line and I hope it continues on for a ong time...But not so long we get cobra mutant/alien figures, Joe animal figures, neon weapons and Star Brigade.
|10-18-2008, 06:51 AM||#3|
Join Date: Dec 2007
um........that list is pretty inaccurate. We have nearly ever character from the first 3 years of figures. check it out.
Molds break. That isnt exactly a companies fault. And molds can cost in the thousands depending on how many are needed.
Repaints are not a problem when the character IS a repaint. Such as Tiger force duke. Hasbro has to make the most of each mold.
Reuse of parts is a smart way to not waste money too. The problem only lies when the parts used dont make the figure correctly (leatherneck) and though you may not like it, Leatherneck is toy accurate in regards to his paint scheme.
Loss of naming rights is also not always a companies fault. The word mainframe is a generic computer term. Which cannot be trademarked. Also, if you dont use the name, you lose the right.
The toys are readily available and easy to find in MAJOR cities in MAJOR states. If you live in the boonies good luck lol.
|10-18-2008, 06:55 AM||#4|
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Northeastern, Pennsylvania
I know it's great line, i wouldn't collect it all if it wasn't...but those are my noticeable dislikes off the top of my head...
|10-18-2008, 07:12 AM||#5|
Join Date: Jun 2008
I have about 3 things........
1. Exclusives: I HATE exclusives in ANY line. What a racket.....and what a great way to fuel scalpers.
2. some guys just got a raw deal in the sculpting/design department i.e. serpentor and spirit come to mind.
3. proprietary hands! They ruined my fav figure (copperhead) by giving him that wacky left hand that is sculpted only to hold the front end of his rifle. Also vipers would go here and now quick kick too.
|10-18-2008, 07:17 AM||#6|
Join Date: Aug 2008
I will add one beef although its minor and I still love the line
Giraffe necks / "orange on a toothpick" heads on some figures. You know who you are!!!
I should not have to use a dremel to fix this!
|10-18-2008, 07:19 AM||#7|
Join Date: Jul 2007
can I list viper's hands 10 times?
|10-18-2008, 08:17 AM||#8|
has been warned
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
1. The realization that we probably wont get red pads grand slam.
2. Duke arms
3. The ability for figures to hold their weapons. I try to have them hold a rifle and they drop it within seconds.
4. The inability for some figures to sit down.
5. hasbro not knowing what characters would be best sellers and not knowing when and how many of each case to ship. (I can find about 30 or more wild Bills among 6 stores here. Also about 30 fred scarface comic packs.)
6. The CLAW
7. The DVD trooper looks awesome but cant hold his gun right for nothing. Nubby hands.
8. Having the ability to use the same articulation that the new Dusty got but not using it on figures is just lame.
9. The lame Q and A's where they think its a game of dodge ball and avoid all the questions.
10. The lack of characters from 86 so far.
This by no means I hate the line. I could come up way more reasons why I like this line.
1. Awesome articulation
2. Awesome vehicles
3. Awesome sculpting
4. The army builders are just superb.
5. They have released almost all of the figs from 82-85 in a years time.
6. Cartoon colored Joes are awesome and I have a shelf set aside for them. Green shirts are awesome.
7. Retro packaging is the bomb.
8. They gave us figures that are perfect for customizing. Easy to swap out parts and paint. It just works a lot better.
9. They gave us something new to give our kids.
10. They had a mail away. Cmon many of us havent had the joy of a mail away since we were kids.
CHECK OUT MY FOR SALE, FOR TRADE LIST BELOW
|10-18-2008, 08:38 AM||#9|
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: 742 Evergreen Terrace
Also, I think that lack of key characters should be changed to "Lack of some favorite characters". Pretty much all "key" characters have been made (sometimes many, many times, ie SE and CC), but I know I was disappointed not to see Low Light or Ripcord. And I hate the way our society has become such that Hasbro can't legally use the names "Mainframe" and "Hawk". Our world might be slightly better with less lawyers and insurance compaines.
I don't think the OP was hating on the line, just listing some things that could/should be different. I mean, I doubt you will find ANYONE who is 100% happy with EVERYTHING in the entire line, but I think most of us are pretty please with what we are getting and we are showing that with our continued purchases.
Feedback thread: http://www.hisstank.com/forum/buy-se...lyguy-1-a.html
Jesus is my Lord and Savior!!!
|10-18-2008, 08:43 AM||#10|
Scarred Cobra Officer
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New Jersey
My biggest beefs are the hands, especially the ones on Viper, plus standing the figures can sometimes be awkward.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Gi Joe modern era B/S/T||Sniper||G.I. Joe Buy Sell Trade||94||08-27-2012 09:53 PM|
|RAH vs. Modern Era||Artifex||G.I. Joe Toys Modern & General Discussion||47||03-31-2009 11:10 PM|
|YOUR Top 5 Biggest Improvements/Biggest Disappointments||DPrime||G.I. Joe Toys Modern & General Discussion||17||10-17-2008 04:52 AM|
|G.I. Joe Modern Era RAM Images||DESTRO||G.I. Joe News and Rumors||34||05-29-2008 08:47 PM|
|Over 500 Modern Parts Up||xhairs||G.I. Joe on Ebay||2||01-14-2008 01:05 AM|
|New G.I.Joe 50th 2016 Assortment Discussion Thread|
|Official G.I. Joe Command Team Recruiting Thread|
|VvV Recondo by Oreobuilder|
|VvV Double Clutch by Oreobuilder|
|Origin of zombie vipers|
|The 458th Greatest G.I. Joe Character of all Time!|
|Who's Your Favorite Dreadnok Of All Time?|
|Gi Joe 25th Heavy Metal Custom|
|Hisstank RPG Game Forum/ Battlefield.|
|Michigan G.I. Joe Sightings|
|Adventure People Construction Workers by OB|
|Finished my ME Monkey Wrench|
|James Bond Head on A-Team Face Body = PERFECT|
|tiger force flash by the odinson|
|Modern Era Deep Six|
|"Ages 25 & Up": My Joe Fig-Comic|
|Eagle Force returns|
|What is Hasbro's movie/T.V problem?|
|Wild Weasel by Geckohun|
|New York G.I. Joe Sightings|
|Terminator Plasma Rifle by Foxtrot Delta|
|POLL: What is the 227th greatest G.I. Joe vehicle or...|
|Are you happy with the amount of figures released in...|
|FSS 2017 13TH Figure Guesses|
|Outback, Falcon, and OG13 Scarlett|
|Recent Off Topic Threads|
|Anyone using Game of Thrones Ghost (Wolf) for Timber?|
|Dime Novel Legends Kickstarter!|
|The CORPS Megathread|
|Power Team Elite And True Heroes Discussion Thread|
|Legion XIV 1:18 Project: Suits|
|Recent B/S/T Threads|
|Custom baroness indian jones beachhead duke|
|New 50th line up for sale FS/FT|
|Toys for sale(some SDCC/Con exclusives)|
|Yojoe77 bst list|
|Postage Increasing for Parcels again in 2017|
|My Custom Baron Bloodclott|
|Un_Chakal's B/S/T A lot here...|
|POC Cobra Commander Test Shot w/ Hasbro Build Sheet|