|10-13-2008, 02:17 PM||#1|
Join Date: Jun 2008
I hope everyone is doing well today!
I thought it would be fun for everyone to name their top four or five underrated figures from the current line. Please feel free to explain your selections if so desired. Remember these are figures that are simply underrated not necessarily perfect.
I will go first!
1. Major Bludd - if judging by the closeness of this figure to the original figure's design this update was pretty much spot on. This figure is especially cool when paired with the right weapon (for me this is the UMP 45) from Marauder's.
2. Ninja Ku Leader - a ninja totally decked out in black that, as noted above, looks really good when paired with the right weapon from Marauder's.
3. Arctic Snake Eyes - this is a really well done figure and is arguably the best Snake Eyes in the entire line.
4. General Hawk - a sharp looking figure right out of the package.
5. Zartan - while this figure is not entirely accurate in terms of replicating the original figure's design, it is still a good looking figure that comes with some really cool accessories.
What are your selections?
"The heritage of the past is the seed that brings forth the harvest of the future"
"In the unlikely story that is America there has never been anything false about hope"
Last edited by matthetiger; 10-13-2008 at 05:05 PM..
|10-13-2008, 02:25 PM||#2|
Join Date: Apr 2008
There's tons of underrated figures as most of this site is whining about minor issues here and there (Don't worry folks most these GI Joe diehards said the 25th line sucked when it first came out and they wouldn't collect it) but here's a couple gems.
1. TRU 5 Pack Snake Eyes. I love the green pants and blue top. This looks like something to me, right out of the comics. It screams "commando" and it's a new look for Snake Eyes.
2. Joe version of Storm Shadow, odd that I picked a Snake and Storm since I'm not a uge fan of the characters, BUT this one is a work of beauty.
|10-13-2008, 02:29 PM||#3|
Join Date: Mar 2008
My five is the following;
1. Falcon- I know he has those horrid duke arms and the paint scheme isnt what everyone hoped for but given that hes one of my all time faves, i was just happy to get him.
2. Wave 7 Snake eyes- this is probably my all time favorite version of him and while i know everyone is sick of se figures this is one i absolutely loved.
3.Doc-he was mail away that many a people still havent gotten and hes got thos horrid duke arms..but its doc and along with the APC was one of my first joes i had.
4. Ace-okay so he had that i just been kicked in the nuts look on his first figure and looked like an astronaut...but hes the Oiginal joe pilot and came with the sky striker. I still liked him.
5. Fred CG- Number one the Cg's are my all time fave cobra troops ever made. Number two they now have removeable helms and looks insanely awesome...best cobra troop ever IMO. just when i thought they couldnt make the cgs any cooler..now if only they did a fred CG Immortal like the old cg immortal. thats would be so sick!!!!
|10-13-2008, 02:45 PM||#4|
So much drama 'n the LBCs
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
I like Shipwreck. I still think I'll put the comic pack head on him and paint the hat white, but other than the beard, I don't mid the other problems a lot of folks have griped about.
The punching fist hand actually works with him, although I don't see why they included so many guns and no hand/storage space to put them in.
I really like Gung Ho too. I wish he had a more accurate stache and darker tattoo, but other than that, I really dig the guy.
Yeah, the CG Fred is awesome. I'd rather get a CG Fred 2-pack than another scarred officer, I've got 3 opened as it is, and I don't need multiples of a scarred guy. They'll eventually get head swaps with the air troopers, and that hideous yellow painted.
Bazooka (is he underrated? He's on the shelves a lot around here, anyways). That guy's a horse, and he was always one of my favorite Joes. Like Gung-Ho, I would have preferred a better stache (it's almost like they switch staches) but I really like him. Only drawback is the knees, I wish he could kneel better with an extra joint.
Why do all the tallest Joes lack that extra knee articulation?
Bazooka, Roadblock, Destro, and Copperhead all suffer from 90ļ-leg-bend-syndrome.
|10-13-2008, 02:49 PM||#5|
Join Date: Sep 2008
no particular order
w7; snake eyes couldnt wait for this version to come out (although if i never saw another one in store, it would be to soon)
artic snake eyes; just awesome
barbeque; a peg warmer now, but one of my all time favorites
ninja ku; a ninja in black, whats not to love
wraith; (dont have him yet) but all ive heard is people complaining about him? looks awesome to me
|10-13-2008, 03:00 PM||#6|
King's Mountain View
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: North Carolina
Wild Bill was done perfectly. Too bad they overproduced him.
Spirit looks great despite the head cast; I just love the idea of who he is.
Rock N' Roll is a spot on recreation of the original. Looks better with his gun painted black.
07 Wave 4 Roadblock is a great figure. He loses some luster because we have seen so much of him.
I have always been a big fan of the Red Ninja. I have a diorama where Firefly has led a group of Red Ninjas onto the mast and radar bar of the USS Flagg rendering their communications ineffective while three Rattler's and a Night Raven sneek in unnoticed and blow up all of the Joes.
|10-13-2008, 03:15 PM||#7|
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Houston, TX
I have a fondness for Firefly from comic packs with all of his goodies.
|10-13-2008, 03:29 PM||#8|
Join Date: Jan 2008
I would have to say:
Arctic Snake Eyes
|10-13-2008, 04:14 PM||#9|
DDP did it better
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Grid.
For me it would have to be Shipwreck.Was never a fan until i got him in hand and he is a really nice fig.Everyone else i was expecting what i got,Shipwreck just got me off gaurd.
|10-13-2008, 04:48 PM||#10|
Broca Beach Realtor
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Broca Beach
Scar Face (A.K.A scared Cobra officer)- i know a lot of people are army building the Fred Crimson Guards and don't like getting a specific cobra in the pack, but I am a sucker for comic characters getting made in figure form.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Hasbro unveils first 10 Figures For The 25th Anniversary Line||DESTRO||G.I. Joe News and Rumors||85||01-21-2011 12:51 AM|
|Night Raven - most underrated plane?||Artifex||G.I. Joe Toys Vintage Discussion||98||10-07-2008 09:00 PM|
|i'm looking for a few figures from the sigma 6 line||Dawg99||G.I. Joe Sigma 6 Toys||10||09-24-2008 11:44 AM|
|Most Underrated 25th annv figure thus far?||MLos1||G.I. Joe Toys Modern & General Discussion||11||06-29-2008 09:52 AM|
|Most Underrated Joe and Cobra||xluiscarlosx||G.I. Joe General Discussion||33||02-27-2008 10:32 PM|
|Quick an easy Major Bludd.|
|Announcing Chicken Fried Toys Dime Novel Legends...|
|Captain Malcolm Reynolds by Vanishing Point|
|One Attempt at a Vintage Cobra Army|
|Just bought a 37 MOC lot!!|
|Marauder Task Force Valkyries Discussion|
|Personal Grail Piece!|
|The 462nd Greatest G.I. Joe Character of all Time!|
|Georgia G.I. Joe Sightings|
|New G.I.Joe 50th 2016 Assortment Discussion Thread|
|Virginia G.I. Joe Sightings|
|Boss Fight Studio Greek Mythology Action Figure Line|
|Ballistic a.k.a. urban assault Repeater custom by CRS|
|Official G.I. Joe Command Team Recruiting Thread|
|The 461st Greatest G.I. Joe Character of all Time!|
|IDW Revolution Discussion...|
|Eagle Force returns|
|Gi joe transformers crossover|
|Throwdown - 1991 Snake Eyes by Vanishing Point|
|IDW January 2017 G. I. Joe Solicitations|
|California (Southern, SoCal) G.I. Joe Sightings|
|Custom Cover Girl|
|Switch Gears by francis2064|
|Who is the Best ME BAT?|
|What secrets lurk in the filecards?|
|Recent Off Topic Threads|
|Marvel Legends Legendary Discussion Thread|
|Bbi Elite Force figures returning.|
|Power Team Elite And True Heroes Discussion Thread|
|Dime Novel Legends Kickstarter!|
|Legion XIV 1:18 Project: Suits|
|Recent B/S/T Threads|
|Fs/ft: Vintage arah joe sale & wants (figure, parts,...|
|New 50th line up for sale FS/FT|
|46 Zone B/T List|
|The deadpool !!! --- sdcc|
|Gijoe custom spirit airborne|
|Marauder IDS stands x 40 (cheap) + Star Wars Black...|
|Toys for sale(some SDCC/Con exclusives)|
|Selling off a large amount of modern era joes &...|