|09-14-2008, 02:03 AM||#21|
Cobra Car Parks Anywhere!
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Seattle Area
Around 98' or 99' I got a of the original first 12 star wars figures on c9-9.5 1st run 12 back cards for $700. Right now just one figure out of the set goes For $700 or more if I were to get them graded. Funny thing was the guys grandmom had bought them and tossed them into a grocery bag that got stored in a closet over the years . I went to his house and when he started pulling them out of the old grocery bag one by one, I had a toygasm but kept my poker face up for the price negotation.
Pimp'd my Cobra ride!
|09-14-2008, 02:06 AM||#22|
Join Date: Apr 2008
|09-14-2008, 02:08 AM||#23|
oh man, 25th wise would be finding most of waves 1-4 on the pegs in one shot.
ARAH wise i have a bunch. 1 would be getting a lot of about 12 or so vehicles 100% complete for about $80 shipped. Another one was a getting a complete mobat Hal and Vamp for $30 shipped, and a Complete Zartan with Swamp skier with uncut file cards and mini catalog for $15 shipped. And my fave was getting 2 huge lots of weapons and figure parts for about $60 shipped. out of that i got about 65 complete figures and about 20 incomplete. That was a fun week putting all those together
Star wars wise was putting together pretty much an entire vintage figure collection for less than $100. I purchased a ton of figure lots, scored pretty much everything from the vintage figure collection except for a few POTF figs, sold the rest and made most of my money back.
hmmmm ninja turtles wise was at KB toys. i went in one day and they had a huge bin full of the original figures 3 for $5 that was a good day
Last edited by HissCommander; 09-14-2008 at 02:13 AM..
|09-17-2008, 06:28 AM||#24|
Join Date: Sep 2008
How about WORST haul?
I passed on a Yellow Stalker because I thought he looked ugly.
I see what you did there.
|09-17-2008, 07:47 AM||#25|
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Euless, Texas
Hmm.. hard to say.. probably driving past a yard sale when I was in high school.. Saw something that caught my eye and turned around. there sitting on a table was the Terror Drome.. missing one door and I think the gas hoses.. But had Firebat and Avac w/ chute. Asked how much they said $10.. looked under the table and there was a huge box of stuff...including a Open, but still had Box and instructions Water Moccasin, Loose, but in great shape Mobat, Hiss, MMS, Vamp, APC and about 20 figs with weapons inside little plastic card boxes. Bought the whole lot for $30.
Now as for 25th.. That would be my trip to Kansas.. 3 Black Head Destro, 8 Bats, 3 Serpents (Could have grabbed more, but didn't have room in suitcase) LOL
And I'll add this for the hell of it.. when the TF Alternators were out, The new wave at the time was Sunstreaker and Prowl I think? Anyway.. picked up sunstreaker and went to self checkout, scanned him and he rang up for .99 Opps.. their bad for not putting the right price in the comp. If I would have thought about it, I would have picked up more. I was just happy that I got him so cheap and wanted to get out of there. LOL
Looking for one Danger at the Docks Exc.
My B/S/T List:
Last edited by Magick; 09-17-2008 at 07:50 AM..
|09-17-2008, 09:13 AM||#26|
Join Date: Sep 2006
Best SW Finds (3)
1. 1995 or so - Working during the summer, I head of a guy in the country that may have SW Figures. Go out to the boonies and this guy walks me through a field out to a bus. He pulls out a box and in the box were nearly 30-40 carded SW Figures. Everything from 12 backs to POTF. Pricing was as follows thanks to some horribly screwed up price guide.
$30 Star Wars
Then he rounded the lot DOWN for a quick sale.
I think I spent probably $350-$400 for the lot.
2. At the flea market there was a guy selling some 12 Back figures to another dealer. He also had a ton of vintage binders and other paper stuff. The 2nd dealer said "I don't care about any of that paper stuff, you can have at it." Too late his tune changed when he saw me pull out two SEALED SW Early Bird Envelopes and Shelf Display Boxes. I paid $20 and the dealer walked away pissed Later sold the lot for $650 or so IIRC.
3. The three BMFs at a local Wal-Mart for $32.50
GI Joe -
2 Finds within a week of each other.
1. Ebay auction which had a $35 BIN and $35 shipping. It showed some parts I needed and a few boxes. I said why not. At the end of the auction description is said "not everything shown in photos". This was the understatement of the century. Ended up with a near mint Skystriker, Whale, Rattler, and a ton of other vehicles, figures, and cardbacks. It was worth it for the Whale alone.
2. A week later I went into my local toy shop to hunt for replacement parts from find #1. Walked in to a near completely duplicate collection of what I had already bought, plus a ton of other stuff for only $50.
From these two Joe finds, I put together a slew of complete figures and vehicles which I kept for my collection. Took the rest of the near complete stuff and traded it for an XBox 360 Elite this past Sunday
|09-17-2008, 09:48 AM||#27|
Join Date: Jan 2008
From 8:00am September 12th to 11:16am September 13th...
EDIT: 80% of the items pictured were bought to help out other Tankers.
Last edited by Mr. Focus; 09-17-2008 at 09:55 AM..
|09-17-2008, 07:10 PM||#28|
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Greensboro, NC
A couple of hauls:
on November 11th 2006 I found a BIN auction on ebay for $70 This is what I got:
1. Water Moccasin (Complete with unbroken vanes, filecard, blueprints and a light green gloves Copperhead)
2. 2 Morays (taking parts from both to combine into one fully complete Moray with spotlight lens, 2 sets of blueprints)
3. 3 Lampreys all complete, 1 is still in sealed bag, the other two's guns have no straps and 2 uncut filecards
4. 3 Eels (all complete with a mint filecard for each one!)
1 Hydro viper (complete, just missing filecard)
5. Mail in Hooded Cobra commander still in sealed bag, the filecard is not a redback and has been cut
6. Mail in Sgt. Slaughter still in sealed bag with uncut redback filecard
7. Night Landing complete with blueprints
8. 83 Soldier still on card (The card isn't perfect, but it's good enough for me...the figure is dead mint!)
Another time I bought a lot of figures for around $60 The breakdown came out to $3 per figure....one of them was a Gold Head Steel Brigade
The last one should be credited to my fiancee for finding the guy selling 93 collector cases with bagged mail away figures from the 80's for $5 each. I got Copperhead, HISS Driver and Thunder
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Keel Haul||Prince of Fire & Thunder||G.I. Joe Customs Finished Projects||12||09-11-2008 06:00 PM|
|My Haul 8/21/08||numb007||G.I. Joe Toys Modern & General Discussion||4||08-22-2008 05:11 PM|
|My second ever 'Haul' (Yay)||Reznor||G.I. Joe Toys Modern & General Discussion||11||08-20-2008 11:34 PM|
|My first ever 'Haul'||Reznor||G.I. Joe Toys Modern & General Discussion||42||08-08-2008 03:27 PM|
|Dvd Haul Thread.||deanhp||Movies DVD Television||13||05-12-2007 04:33 PM|
|New G.I.Joe 50th 2016 Assortment Discussion Thread|
|Action Man from The G.I. Joe Collector's Club!|
|The 458th Greatest G.I. Joe Character of all Time!|
|Repacker Thread and Rants|
|Hisstank RPG Game Forum/ Battlefield.|
|Official G.I. Joe Command Team Recruiting Thread|
|Who's Your Favorite Dreadnok Of All Time?|
|Is ARAH coming to an end?|
|G.I. Joe 50th Anniversary Stiletto Photo Shoot|
|Best figure poll 2016 retail release|
|Announcing Chicken Fried Toys Dime Novel Legends...|
|What do you want to see in the next Joe movie?|
|Official Cobra Command Recruitment Thread!!!!|
|Illinois G.I. Joe Sightings|
|Are you happy with the amount of figures released in...|
|California (Southern, SoCal) G.I. Joe Sightings|
|Bullet Proof by francis2064|
|Gi joe transformers crossover|
|Random Dio Photos|
|Wild Weasel by Geckohun|
|Slaymaker's Marauder Task Force Customs|
|Eagle Force returns|
|Canadian G.I. Joe Sightings|
|Takara Tony's Retro Toy Meet|
|Recent Off Topic Threads|
|The CORPS Megathread|
|Star Wars 3 3/4 discussion thread|
|Marvel Legends Legendary Discussion Thread|
|POST HERE your Marauder Task Force photos!|
|Power Team Elite And True Heroes Discussion Thread|
|Recent B/S/T Threads|
|Primeconvoy1's Joe's & Other Items on Ebay|
|LLG's B/S/T: Mostly Trading|
|Custom Cardbacks for your Custom Figures|
|Goin' Commando Buy/Sell/Trade List|
|New 50th line up for sale FS/FT|
|Selling joecon & fss exclusives!!|
|Cobra Commander PaintMaster on eBay|
|Anyone near an Ollies to get the Crimson Strike Set|