|07-19-2008, 03:27 AM||#21|
Join Date: Mar 2008
Great review. I am glad they released this because I lost my chariot years ago and Serpentor needs his ride!
|07-19-2008, 08:34 AM||#22|
Decepticon Assault Team
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Rock Hill, SC
For me personally, it's a pass. I've jet to buy any vehicles outside of the Target exclusives from a few months ago, but I'll probably pick up the Air Chariot set after I acquire a black HISS!
|07-19-2008, 09:26 PM||#23|
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Edmonton, Canada
Yes, at last my royal chariot is ready. All shall fear me, THIS I COMMAND!
|08-10-2008, 06:48 PM||#24|
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Raleigh, NC
I just picked this up recently and I thought I'd share a few things. This vehicle and driver need a LOT of work to become satisfactory.
First, the problems:
- I compared the paint apps of both the single card Serpentor and the Air Chariot Serpentor, and I decided that the single card is the one to go with as the driver of this vehicle solely due to the better paint apps. This creates a problem, though, in that the single card has a diaper crotch, and his cape means that he has REALLY bad limit of movement at the hips.
- Serpentor is simply much too tall to be posed on this vehicle in any manner that looks like he's not preparing to drop a deuce.
- The Air Chariot itself has the problem with its "fan" being mounted incorrectly. It should be housed inside the rear platform.
- Range of motion can be improved considerably by simply unbuckling the belt for his kama. It's still firm enough that it'll stay on.
- Unbuckling the belt still doesn't solve the height problem. However, what it does do is allow Serpentor to kneel pretty convincingly.
- The fan can be mounted inside the rear platform by gently pulling the top half of the air chariot apart from the bottom half. The "spinning action" peg is now just slightly too tall for the back of the chariot to rest on the ground, but it's not bad at all. If you really wanted, you could easily cut the peg down shorter.
- Unbuckling the belt and moving the fan now allows Serpentor to have room to kneel with his left foot on the peg, and right knee on the deck of the chariot's rear. He's a great height for this, and the pose is actually pretty dynamic. I may try to get some pictures to post here to see what y'all think.
- The next thing I may try is a parts swap to get the lower legs of the Air Chariot driver onto the single card. I'm not sure if that'll allow him to stand more effectively than before, but I seriously doubt it because of the increased height.
|08-10-2008, 07:03 PM||#25|
Join Date: Dec 2007
I had the original and it was stolen by kids in the neighborhood So im glad to have this one!
The RAH serpy fits on it great and holds on perfect.
As for the new fixed crotch serpy, He gets the custom treatment with the new helmet and hood and a new paint app!
|08-11-2008, 07:25 PM||#26|
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Los Angeles
|08-11-2008, 08:07 PM||#27|
Mad Scientist at Large
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Portland, OR
My carded Serp's getting the standard rotory grinder treatment I use on all my Cobra drivers. It's not the prettiest solution, but with a little sanding it's almost invisible unless you get in real close.
And yeah, I don't think Hasbro realized making Serp into such a big mofo would be a problem. It does make him a lot more intimidating though (until you see his face).
|02-09-2010, 08:36 PM||#28|
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New York
These newer Serpentor figure's are bad.
|02-11-2010, 07:47 PM||#29|
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Vancouver, BC
It was from a comic pack figure Hannibal. In the comics, Hannibal is one of the Serpentor clones.
Convention Tiger Sting (with or without Bazooka)
Will trade new BAT for a new SAW Viper
Steeler range finder piece (can be accessory pack)
My Ebay auctions:
kalwin_woo | eBay
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|25th Anniversary Serpentor and Shipwreck MOC||polyphenus||G.I. Joe Buy Sell Trade||0||07-14-2008 06:09 PM|
|G.I. Joe Modern Era Armadillo Vs Serpentor’s Chariot Images||DESTRO||G.I. Joe News and Rumors||39||07-06-2008 11:44 PM|
|Serpentor G.I.Joe 25th Anniversary||DESTRO||G.I. Joe Toys Modern & General Discussion||21||02-29-2008 09:32 PM|
|Serpentor Super Chariot||topnotch97||G.I. Joe Customs Finished Projects||9||01-21-2008 03:53 PM|
|G.i. Joe 25th Anniversary Scarlett Review And More||DESTRO||G.I. Joe News and Rumors||25||08-12-2007 02:09 PM|
|Hisstank RPG Game Forum/ Battlefield.|
|Who is Tombstone|
|Maryland G.I. Joe Sightings|
|Modern Annihilator custom by Geckohun|
|Another one of this guy...|
|Announcing Chicken Fried Toys Dime Novel Legends...|
|Python Patrol Inspired Cobra Fang|
|VvV Recondo by Oreobuilder|
|Outback, Falcon, and OG13 Scarlett|
|My Gi Joe Collection|
|GI Joe Tread Ripper|
|Official G.I. Joe Command Team Recruiting Thread|
|New G.I.Joe 50th 2016 Assortment Discussion Thread|
|Alabama G.I. Joe Sightings|
|G.I. Joe 50th Anniversary Toys "R" Us Photo...|
|GI Joe NES game|
|California (Southern, SoCal) G.I. Joe Sightings|
|Tennessee G.I. Joe Sightings|
|The 460th Greatest G.I. Joe Character of all Time!|
|Custom parts need/have thread|
|THE INITIATIVE Dio-Story|
|Eagle Force returns|
|Recent Off Topic Threads|
|Bbi Elite Force figures returning.|
|2016 Toy Hauls|
|Vitruvian H.A.C.K.S. Chop Shop (Boss Fight Studio)|
|Anyone using Game of Thrones Ghost (Wolf) for Timber?|
|The CORPS Megathread|
|Recent B/S/T Threads|
|Flash77's B/S/T Lists joes & transformers|
|Cobra Commander PaintMaster on eBay|
|FS: 2009 Movie Cobra Commander w/ Hoses|
|POC Cobra Commander Test Shot w/ Hasbro Build Sheet|
|Anyone near an Ollies to get the Crimson Strike Set|
|Yojoe77 bst list|
|Primeconvoy1's Joe's & Other Items on Ebay|
|Jeditazs All New BST! Many lines!!!|