TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   HissTank.com - G.I. Joe > G.I. Joe Toys > G.I. Joe Sideshow Collectibles 12 Inch Toys
Home G.I. Joe News Toy Database Forum Rules Register Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
G.I. Joe T-Shirts

Do these increase in value?

Reply Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2013, 02:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
This is my user title.

Do these increase in value?

Simple question, do these Sideshow figures (of any licence) increase in value at all? I look on evilbay and really most are priced around or lower then retail, especially Joe ones, so do they increase? Are these limited numbers for real or are more released later?

I usually only invest in things that will make me money in the future to pass on to my kids, game used equipment, signed pics ect. I'd like to collect these, but want to make sure its worth it in the long run.

Thanks!
——.—..___.__..__.··._..__.___.·.

**WANTED!!!**
Conv./BnB Roddy Piper loose/MOC * Adventure Team 12"/4" * Dreadnoks Con set * Oktober Guard Set * Night Force Set ** 2014 JoeCon Septic Tank MkII * Rescue 2-pack * Steel Brigade 3-pack * Steel Brigace Pilot w/VTOL * NF Crazylegs **

* B/S/T LIST ** FEEDBACK ** PHOTO ALBUM ** FACEBOOK ALBUM *
Danney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cobra Viper

I think I have seen Firefly and Storm Shadow go for around $300 on ebay

Slave01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
joedios.com

If you are buying toys as an investment, you may want to rethink that somewhat. Anything marketed as collectible usually isn't and man dolls certainly fall into that category.

I love all my toys and hate parting with anything, so I may be biased.

ThinkTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
Hisstank.Com General

Didn't SS put it a Rambo figure in the past? I've seen them go for some serious coin. I think withnSS, you'll get a little more out of it than what you out in it, but how much is questionable.

Feedback thread: http://www.hisstank.com/forum/buy-se...lyguy-1-a.html
B/S/T thread (UPDATED 9/16!): http://www.hisstank.com/forum/g-i-jo...sell-list.html

Wants: Steel Brigade zombie x 1; GI Joe Club 4" Land Adventurer

Www.startswithamousetravel.com
fireflyguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
Crimson Nerd

Like most companies that do high-end "collectibles" the earlier output often has a higher value due to extremely limited runs, but as the lines continue on and become more mainstream, the demand tends to level out.

Plus, items that are expensive to begin with often have a more limited increase in value, because they rapidly price themselves out of many peoples' price range if they go up too much. It's all well and good to say you have a $1000 dollar action figure, but the people that are willing to spend that kinda scratch for an action figure probably already bought it.

Because that's the other thing you really have to consider with the stuff: What kind of audience will there be for the product by the time you "pass them along to your kids?" ARAH Joe is already at this point a dwindling brand, and I'd wager most of the collectors who really want the Sideshow stuff are already buying them now, or will have bought it by the time they're old and grey if they want it that bad.

Which means you'll have to be hoping for folks in the next generation(s) to latch on to ARAH G.I. Joe collectibles for some reason. As always, the REAL value of a toy you intend to resell is "Whatever someone is actually willing to pay for it."

Last edited by Jmacq1; 01-09-2013 at 05:22 PM..
Jmacq1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
Free the Punisher

Location: being held in a special containment center at the bottom of Lake Michigan
I hesitate to encourage any "investment" mentality when it comes to toys, but I will make this suggestion.

Yes, GI Joe is waning, but there are still thousands of fans. Those fans, like myself, hope to pass on some of that enthusiasm to their kids. If those kids retain, even the tiniest grain of care for GI Joe when they grow older, then something like Sideshow's figures may very well appeal to them more than a standard action figure. I'm not saying they'll be more valuable, but they may be more in line with someone who is not usually a toy collector.

It's just a thought, and by no means any reflection on how and why I collect, but I do hope that my kids can one day gain some joy out of this stuff the way I did.

The dead don't get music. The dead don't get beauty. The dead don't get flavor, or color, or warmth, or friendship. Because the dead don't feel.

The dead get purpose. The dead get a mission. That's all we get.
-The Punisher

WANT:
*JoeCon Steel Brigade Pilot w/VTOL
*Joe Con NF Crazylegs
RolandofGilead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
Plastic lover

Investment on sideshow figs? my god this is a funny notion!

Anything but to face ourselves as we are...
Syn3sthesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
Cobra Viper

investment in toys for profit is nearly ridiculous, just look at all the fools with power of the force for sale at toy shows.

dragongravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
Free the Punisher

Location: being held in a special containment center at the bottom of Lake Michigan
Ape Faced Leia will be worth hundreds one day.

hundreds of pennies that is

The dead don't get music. The dead don't get beauty. The dead don't get flavor, or color, or warmth, or friendship. Because the dead don't feel.

The dead get purpose. The dead get a mission. That's all we get.
-The Punisher

WANT:
*JoeCon Steel Brigade Pilot w/VTOL
*Joe Con NF Crazylegs
RolandofGilead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:31 PM   #10 (permalink)
Hisstank.Com General

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolandofGilead View Post
hundreds of pennies that is
I'm not even sure that's true!

Xenos is offline   Reply With Quote