|05-15-2009, 04:59 PM||#1|
Never Say Die
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Western PA
1) Are there any vehicles form G.I. Joe: Resolute planned for production? That Cobra H.I.S.S. is new hotness!
Hasbro: The new vehicles for the next year will be from the movie or movie
inspired. A new H.I.S.S. has been discussed for the future, but will not
be part of the 2009 line.
2) Are more vehicles aside the Night Raven planned for the Echo class vehicle assortment?
Hasbro: We are currently planning a new Echo in 2010 but it is a little early for
a definite "yes" or "no" We hope to reveal some of our plans at the
3) What vehicle class is the RHINO, and if it is a "Charlie" vehicle class (it's certainly bigger than the bravo vehicles), will there be other, new releases at that price-point?
Hasbro: Officially, the R.H.I.N.O. does not have a class because it was designed
outside of the current movie line. There are no plans for another release
at this price point, but this could change based on the success of the
Q: TRU Viper 5 pack: Thanks for "Mercer" and thanks for the gold visored officer, but the hands guys, the hands..bottom line what the community wants to know is if they are they coming out with fixed hands or not? The initial pics indicate same old hands. If not new hands, why? Tooling issue? Cost issue? The fact it is a store exclusive? No escaping now...shoot straight with us.
Shooting straight….based on only being able to deliver a certain number of exclusives to TRU this item was cut in place of exclusives that will be shown at Comic-Con. It seemed like fans had enough vipers and we wanted to do something special. The set it was replaced with will be a set that has Footloose!
Q: There have been some recent rumblings of some classically named vehicles (i.e. Snowcat) coming out in the near future, with the ROC line being the main focus at this time, are these going to be similar to their classic counterparts (i.e. Sting Raider/Water Moc), or new interpretations (i.e. Night Raven).
In the future you will see a combination of new tooled vehicles inspired by the past and old vehicles with new names.
Q: A good number of the online fandom as skipping the movie line entirely. Obviously, The 25th anniversary/Modern Era line was a huge success for them but you are gearing the movie line toward a different consumer - the kids of course - we get that. Our question is if the movie line isn't as big of a success will this be an end to G.I. Joe or will Hasbro go back to the classic toy line? In other words, how closely tied to the success of the movie is the life of the line tied to?
For the line to achieve the success of the 80's (number of figures, large vehicles, playsets) the best chance for this is the success of the movie.
Cool Toy Review: Can we expect to see more Resolute? Maybe a continuation of the Resolute cartoon / a DVD release? Will we be seeing larger vehicles from the Resolute series when the new Resolute figures hit retail? (i.e. hypersonic jets, helicopters, tanks, flight pods, etc.)
Hasbro: We are still reviewing the Resolute results and are not ready to announce next steps or the DVD release just yet. No Resolute vehicles are planned at this time. We do want to thanks the fans for all of the positive reaction to the animation!
Cool Toy Review: With the relative success of the BMF, AT-TE, the soon to be released Turbo Tank, and other large vehicles from Star Wars what do we have to do to show that there is a market for a Resolute USS FLAGG? We can beg if we have to or even start a petition!
Hasbro: Nobody wants a new FLAGG more than the team on the G.I. Joe brand. Right now, we all have to sit tight, wait for the movie to be huge, and then we can think about a FLAGG for the next generation of kids.
Cool Toy Review: How long will the new movie line last? Are you planning to continue it beyond 2010, or will you be returning to the 25th Anniversary style figures again after the movie line has run its course?
Hasbro: The movie line will continue into the foreseeable future with 25th style figure articulation.
Q: Recently at a trade show in Japan TakaraTomy displayed a repaint of the Direct to Consumer RHINO vehicle slated to come with Rampage (who was nicely reminiscent of the vintage Heavy Metal). It is assumed that this item is coming out in Japan, can we expect it to come out in the United States as well? Any other repaint vehicle gems that you want to mention?
A: Stay tuned, we hope to make an announcement about this figure at San Diego Comic-Con this summer.
Q: The upcoming Wal-Mart 2 Packs appear to be a fantastic way to get vintage and Resolute homage figures in the movie line. Considering how wildly popular the Resolute animated feature turned out to be, how many of those 2-packs can we expect to see, and when might we be getting some items like that outside of a Wal-Mart exclusive series?
A: The current plan is 4 of the two packs available this fall with additional packs possible based on success. It is too early to say at this time for sure.
Q: The Resolute animated feature was pretty amazing, all told, and has quickly become a favorite of fans (and even non fans), but it seemed as if there was little to no promotion for the feature, and the public airing was relegated to a midnight Saturday night showing. Can you tell the fans why it seemed as if the series was pushed to the shadows? Were there fears of its adult nature or concerns about the content? And what can the fandom at large do to show Hasbro how much it enjoyed Resolute and how can we prove that we will fully support toys based on this mythos? To many of us, Resolute was a fantastic expression of our favorite things about G.I. Joe, yet it seems to be consistently overshadowed by the film. While we realize the importance of expressing the G.I. Joe brand to a broad, worldwide audience, I think pushing Resolute aside would be a waste of potential from a content and a toy perspective. How can the fandom help express our satisfaction with Resolute and our intense desire to see the toys hit retail and to see the mythos continue?
A: We greatly appreciate the fan support of the series. We announced the animation about a year ago and the enthusiasm for it has been phenomenal ever since. Resolute had significant Hasbro support ranging from print ads, press releases, and its own website to drive the event. The nature of the content influenced the decision to air it at certain times and places. With over 1MM views on the Cartoon Network site, the fans have expressed their views…they love Resolute.
(1)JBL:Is there some way you can make the MASS Device beam emitter and Alpine more available to fans? Despite the assurances that the "Best of the 80's" DVD Battles pack shipped in good numbers, there are still a great many fans that have not been able to find one of these at retail, and the secondary market prices are reflecting the demand definitely outstripping the supply.
H:Unfortunately this is out of Hasbro control. Hasbro produces the sets and sells them to retailers.presumably, once some of the earlier sets sell through, the "back room inventory" that contains the Best of the 80's pack will become more available. Thanks for the patience and support of the DVD battle packs!
(2)JBL:Recently more and more "early photos" have leaked out through sites like TaoBao and Ebay. What is Hasbro's official stance on these early images?
H:While we appreciate the passion of our fans and the fact that they want as much information as possible as early as possible, Hasbro prefers to reveal product at key times like Toy Fair, Comic-Con, and JoeCon with the final deco and packaging. The leaks on these sites can take away from what we can reveal to the fans and make these events and news releases during other times of the year, special. We'd prefer to build up to special announcements and have something for the fans to look forward to, but the increase in unauthorized leaks is making that increasingly difficult to achieve. Again, the enthusiasm for G.I. Joe is astounding and we're glad that the fans enjoy the brand as much as we do.
(3)JBL:The GIJoe line currently has multiple focus points- Rise of Cobra (movie), Resolute (animation), and the IDW comic series. Has any thought been given to trying to develop a more 'unified core brand' as opposed to so many divergent paths for the brand. Does Hasbro feel that a more divergent continuity make the brand more or less accessible to new fans?
H: Hasbro is doing its best to give expressions of the brand for the various audiences that want to experience G.I. Joe. We need to have a kid-friendly, mainstream brand story, but don't want to leave behind our fans of the 80's lore. We feel that the current strategy is the best course for engaging the maximim number of new and old fans.
1.) What has happened to the GI Joe Resolute comic pack with Arctic Cobra Commander and Scarlett? Do you still have plans for this green and black version of Scarlett to come out?
This pack was cancelled due to timing issue. While those comics and figures will not be available as origianlly planned, they could find homes in other locations in the near future.
2.) Are there any plans for more comic packs? Maybe based on the DDP or even the IDW run?
There are no plans for G.I. Joe comic packs in 2009.
3.) Why did it take so long to produce something like Resolute, which is incredible by the way, that was intended for an adult audience?
It can be a long process from green lighting the production, finding a writer and animation house, revising scripts, finding a animation style, and finally finding the right place to air it. We are incredibly excited that we were able to deliver it to the fans and are so grateful for the positive response it has received.
Joecanuck Asks: Will the new 25th 7-packs be available via Canadian retailers, either online or at retail?
Hasbro Answers: They will likely be available online. We are just waiting confirmation from Hasbro Canada.
Joecanuck Asks: Will there be any more mail-in offers planned either with the release of the movie product or after, and will these be available for Canadians?
Hasbro Answers: While it is too early to say for sure, if we do future mail ins, our hope is that we will make it work globally, not just in the U.S.
Joecanuck Asks: Will the TRU and Wal-Mart movie exclusive packs be picked up by the Canadian stores?
Hasbro Answers: We are waiting for confirmation from Hasbro Canada, but typically these exclusives are offered to their Canadian counterparts and the retail team can decide if they want to take them based on space and demand.
The Terror Drome:
Q1 — The ratings reflect a successful debut of G.I. Joe: RESOLUTE… well done Hasbro, WELL DONE!!! (TheTerrorDrome.com stands and applauds) Will we see Resolute Flint and Resolute Spirit or any others in single cards or two-packs?
A1 — Thank you! We are glad that the fans appreciate and enjoy what we have put so much time into. Currently there are no plans for Flint or Spirit in Resolute look.
Q2 — Some of our remaining 80’s favorites are showing up in the movie-line such as Monkeywrench. Will we see more ’85 Joes such as Low-Light and Airtight next to be released or will it be later figures such as Muskrat and Bullhorn to be released next?
A2 — We will continue to bring in vintage characters in new looks into the movie line, but we are sorry to tell you that the 4 you mentioned are not on the current plan.
Q3 — Will we see another 'Rise of Cobra' playset or a 'Resolute' playset next?
A3 — We wont know about the next playset until after this fall and the success of the Pit, but it would be movie based.
1. There's a new comic focusing on a character known as "Helix". There's also been a mystery female figure that's popped up. Can you do into detail about this new character? What universe she's in (Resolute, Movie, Classic, etc.), and can we possibly see any early images or pictures of the character?
A 1:--Hasbro was unable to answer anything in regards to this question or character just yet. Stay tuned --Jay
2. Resolute seemed to generate a lot of positive buzz, at least from what I've seen. Is there a possible continuation of the story? Also, in dealing with Resolute, how did you come about picking the deaths for the story? There seemed to be some pretty well known names that died.
A 2:A continuation of Resolute is up in the air right now as we work on next year's plans. The characters we chose to eliminate came from the fact that we wanted the story to be serious and meaningful and gave Warren Ellis the leeway he needed to write a great story. Needless to say, which characters to eliminate did cause a lot of debate on the team but we all agree that the animation delivered what the fans really wanted. The enthusiam for the series has been amazing.
3. So it looks like the Gunship is in the movie. Will Firefly (the character being shipped with the Gunship) be in the movie, or was he just a character picked to be packed in?
A 3:Firefly will not be in the movie…we were trying to bring back some classic villians in new styling.
1. One of the biggest discussions on YoJoe right now is the lack of availability of product from the final assortments of the collector oriented G.I.Joe Anniversary line. Especially, the Best-of DVD set featuring the final component to the MASS Device. Are these final items still shipping to retailers and should collectors wait to purchase, or are these items done shipping and should collectors resort to the secondary market (eBay, Amazon,etc.) to complete their collections?
A 1:These DVD packs were produced and, with time, will make it out to retail. The issue is that most of them are in the warehouse or backrooms waiting for the first 4 DVD packs to clear the shelves.
2. Collectors are pretty disappoint and equally confused over the rumored "wave 14," the assortment containing Resolute Storm Shadow, Night Force Lt.Falcon and the battle-damaged Battle Android Trooper. While word is that the wave is cancelled, carded samples are showing up on auction sites overseas in China. Will this wave see the light of day at retail or has it truly been canceled?
A 2:This wave has been cancelled as single figures but will be released in the 7-packs. Online auction sites have pre-production samples that are not intended for the marketplace.
3. We at YoJoe absolutely went crazy over the Resolute cartoon. So first of all, thank you for putting out one of the most unique and truly entertaining pieces of G.I.Joe animation in a long, long time. But with such high praise, there is an equally high demand for more Resolute themed figures and toys. We know this summer is all about the movie, but is there the faint glimmer of more Resolute figures on the distant horizon?
A 3:The more likely scenario is seeing Resolute tooled figures mixed in with the movie line. But, based on fan feedback, we may consider more Resolute figures in the future. It is still too early to say for sure.
Q1. Are new figures still shipping? It seems as though Target and Walmart are getting nothing but revision cases from months ago. Is new product being held back for the movie toys this summer?
A1. Right now Wal-Mart and Target are moving through the inventory they have on hand and new products are not hitting shelf. Come movie, there will be
many new single figures.
Q2. When will the Cobra Island seven-packs revealed in February be available?
A2. They are coming this fall and the specific ship dates are still being finalized.
Q3. A lot of unreleased Resolute and 25th style factory and carded samples have been appearing on the web.? What is the status of those lines and will they be released?
A3. The single packs will not be available as single carded figures, but in the 7-packs. Resolute figures will be peppered into the movie line in the
1) JC:Now that GI Joe Resolute has come and gone, does Hasbro have any future plans for GI Joe in animation? Possibly in the same style and continuity?
H:We were thrilled by the reaction to Resolute and were really excited to be able to deliver that great animation to the fans. Hasbro recently announced its joint venture with Discovery Networks and GI Joe was mentioned as one of the brands Hasbro is exploring for content but it is too early to announce specifics at this time.
(2) JC:With Hasbro's lines of Star Wars, G.I.Joe, and Now Marvel figures, is the 3 3/4 going to become the standard scale for Hasbro? and if so, will you begin interchanging parts and molds between the lines?
H:It seems that 3 3/4" is having success across many brands and companies right now. There is no plan to create a standard figure type as each design team is looking for unique articulation and detail styles.
(3) JC:Will we be seeing any of the Resolute cartoon inspired vehicles produced ie Hiss tank, truble bubbles, Tomahawk, or the new Skystrikers?
H:There are no plans for this right now.
GIJCC 1: What are the plans for future releases of the G.I. JOE comic packs with figures?
H:There are no plans at this time to continue comic packs in 2009
GIJCC: When will G.I. JOE Resolute be released on DVD?
H: The team is still finalizing the DVD plans and does not have a date yet.
GIJCC: Will Wave 3 of the classic G.I. JOE Mighty Muggs be released soon?
H: Wave 3 Mighty Muggs will be out in the near future before the movie.
The Snake Eyes/Storm Shadow Fan Club (Arashikage Clan)
(1)AC: When Hasbro anounced (last year) the upcoming Hall of Hero's lineup, and allowed the collectors and fans to chose which figures made the list, the number one vote getter was the Snake Eyes from the very first single carded wave back in 2007. As he was a hard figure to get (being that there were two variants) some of us never actually got the figure (or paid scalper prices) and we were excited about our chance to rectify this. Then when he was released, he was a completely different figure; even the Timber was a new mold. Why would you change the figures that the fans deemed most appealing? What was the point behind letting the fans vote for the figure versions, (the vote was for figure versions NOT characters) and then have someone change and modify the figures before we get them. Some were entirely different than the versions we voted for!
Hasbro: The goal of HoH was to let fans choose which of the figures would get special treatment with regards to new deco, packaging, some tooling upgrades, and create a best of the best lineup..we never wanted to just release the same 10 figures as is.
(2)AC: When the Storm Shadow from the "Resolute" comic pack was released (along with Tunnel Rat) he was given a new mask that looked like it was straight off Dice's classic look. Curiously enough, he was given both an axe and a staff that looked like modern updates from Dice's only RAH figure. Were these peices (mask, axe, and staff) originally designed for Stormy, or where they first part of plans to release a Dice (that is hopefully still forthcoming)?
Hasbro: The axe and staff were designed for Storm Shadow all along.but we do like the idea of a Slice and Dice return for 2010.
(3)AC: Some retail lists that have been found show that a Kamakura figure will be released soon. Will he be carded as part of "The Rise of Cobra" movie figures, the "Resolute" cartoon, or something else, being that he appeared in neither?
Hasbro: He will be single carded as part of the movie line.
Figures.Com - All The Toy And Action Figure News All The Time
1) Hall of Heroes is a terrific assortment and we are thrilled to have definitive versions of some of the best figures in the G.I.Joe Anniversary line, but something is odd about this collection. Oh the figures are great, but we are starting to find these in music and DVD stores, along with other places that have not carried G.I.Joe figures in the past. Can you tell us why these figures are appearing at these different retail locations and should we expect to find future products there, or is this a one-time situation?
H:As G.I. Joe gets more popular our hope is that we will start seeing product show up in more and more retail locations. Some new retailers have decided to dip their toes into the G.I. Joe waters with HoH and hopefully they will be successful and carry more Joe in the future.
2) Leaked photos from overseas have shown that Wal-Mart will have exclusive G.I.Joe movie figure two-packs featuring more classic characters. Are there other retailer exclusives that will coincide with the release of movie themed toys and if so, what retailers should we keep our eye on?
H:Yes, Wal-Mart, Target, TRU and Kmart all have exclusives and the plan is to reveal them at Comic-Con and JoeCon.
3) Character specific question - we are seeing a lot of the character Heavy Duty again. This has always been a rather dubious stand-in for the more well known, fan favorite gourmet chef and machine gunner, Roadblock. Can you tell us why we have Heavy Duty in the comics and movie, but Roadblock in the Resolute cartoon? It seems so random to us!
H:For the next generation of kids, Heavy Duty will serve as the heavy weapons handler for the team. But, Roadblock was vital to the brand in the 80's and when doing things for the 80's fans and collectors we will try and mix him in.
BloodfortheBaron (Blood for the Baron)
1. We have seen several times now the green and black Quarrel (UK Action Force) inspired repaint of Scarlett (not the blue and silver Pilot Scarlett) figure. The GI Joe resolute comic pack Arctic Scarlett vs Cobra Commander shows her on it. When is this due to be released?
H:The Arctic Scarlett vs Cobra Commander set did not make it to production due to timing issues and getting it out before movie. We are looking at other uses for the tools and comic down the line.
2: Some of the pre-release imagery for the Resolute Destro figure show him with a robotic arm. Is this a nod towards the Action Force variant of Destro v1 known as Red Jackal? According to his original bio he has a bionic head and hands, with electronic volt facility that makes even handshaking deadly.
H:Sorry to say that as far as we know it was not a nod to Action Force.
3. Is Sgt. Stone from the forthcoming Rise of Cobra movie a British character like Lt Stone from Sigma Six or is he an American like Lt. Stone from GI Joe Extreme?
H:Sgt. Stone is an American. We like the name and tie into the lore, so we provided him as an option to the studio for a special role.
(1)JD: Will collectors and old time Joe fans ever get to see o-rings again?
H:Most likely you will not seem them from Hasbro, but this is one of the
reasons that the GIJCC exsists, to provide specific smaller runs of this
type of product.
(2)JD What is the reason why the GIJoe figures released in 1997 and 1998 had
their necks and torsos retooled to limit articulation?
H:According to a Designer who worked on G.I. Joe at the time, the figures
were produced to mimic the originals in terms of articulation, but did
need to be retooled.
(3)JD: As a dio site, there's nothing the people here love more than having
an awesome setting to shoot figures in. The old Headquarters, Terrordrome, USS
Flagg, Mobile Command Center and even Tactical Battle Platform are popular
pieces, granted the photographer has them. However, recent playsets (not
just Hasbro's, but many companies's) seem to be focused on just being a
faÁade with a handful of gimmicks, but very little in way of "put the
figures in there and play out a scenario" (which I believe children and
adults alike would enjoy). The "Conquest Of Cobra Mountain" playset from a
few years back, the "Akator" playset from the Indiana Jones toyline and
even the upcoming (and expensive!!) PITT playset from Rise Of Cobra are prime examples of such deficient playsets.
Different safety laws and cost issues may prevent Hasbro from re-issuing things like the Terrodrome and the FLAGG, but might there any plans to create new playsets that could have the "playtime versatility" (for lackof an existing term) that GIJoe playsets of yesteryear had?
H:The short answer is…today's playsets are created for kids to create a
world of 3 3/4'' with. We do testing to understand how kids play and what
they want and deliver it to them. That said, once you get your hands on
the new G.I. Joe Pit Headquarters (and see the movie to understand the tie
ins!), we think you will be impressed with the play versatility!
The JOhio G.I. Joe Collectors' Club
1. Many pictures have surfaced of more resolute figures; are these planned to be released next year or concurrantly with the movie line?
A: We plan on mixing some these into the line where possible, but are not
releasing a separate Resolute series. Exact details are still to be
2. When can we expect preorders for the new 7 packs?
A: Preorders should start in the very near future with shipments later this fall.
3. Will the new mold for the SDCC Exclusive Destro be used again such as for Tomax and Xamot?
A: While there are no plans for the twins right now, we did consider this when creating the Destro figure.
ToyNewsi.com - Your #1 Source for Batman, GI Joe and All your Action Figures News
(1)TNI: The new G.I.Joe Resolute series seems to be a big hit with fans. Will this animated series continue with additional episodes sometime down the road?
Hasbro: We have been thrilled by the reaction to Resolute and are excited that we were able to deliver the series for the fans to enjoy. We're not ready to make any official announcements about future animation but really appreciate the enthusiasm for all things Resolute.
(2)TNI: We have seen a number of 25th Anniversary and Resolute figure images on single cards and Wal-Mart 3-packs that were previously announced to be coming in exclusive 7-pack sets. Are the 7-packs still coming or have you decided to release these figures through other means? Will we see non-movie figures released in the movie line over the course of the year, similar to how Hasbro has been mixing in comic-based Marvel figures in the Wolverine movie line?
Hasbro: The images that have been seen online will not make it to production. Due to time constraints, we were unable to get the single figures out before the movie, and therefore looked for other ways to get the figures into the hands of the fans. The 7-packs have inspired an incredible reaction.
(3)TNI: The final DVD pack with the Alpine figure never seemed to get much of a release in retail stores. Will this set see a larger release anytime in the near future?
Hasbro: The DVD packs were produced and will be trickling out through various retail channels as the earlier DVD packs make room for them on the shelf.
Q & A continued below in post #5
Last edited by SNAKE EYES; 05-16-2009 at 04:05 AM..
|05-15-2009, 05:07 PM||#2|
Mad Scientist at Large
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Portland, OR
A set with Footloose? Interesting. Hopefully whatever set this is won't be too many repaints.
|05-15-2009, 05:14 PM||#3|
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Back in the US of A! (NoVA)
Hey where's HISStanks Questions?
Yeah but Footloose sounds Awesome!
|05-15-2009, 05:15 PM||#4|
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bay Area
That sucks I was looking forward to the viper 5 pack. Never saw a single carded viper on the shelf and the only viper I have is from the 1 comic pack I found.
|05-15-2009, 05:17 PM||#5|
Never Say Die
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Western PA
Continued: 2009 Round 2 Q & A from 1st post:
1. Given we're in a toxic economic climate that's forcing many collectors to cut back and limit what they buy, and given the excessive repaints of certain characters has met with poor sales, peg warming, and a general backlash in the community, will you be limiting this in the future? Granted we'll see repaints of the movie line figures, but afterwards will you give us a greater variety of new things instead of more of the same? ......(In the past we've been told you needed to release unnecessary amounts of Duke, Snake Eyes, Cobra Commanders, and others because it was needed to appeal to children and adults by having iconic characters on the pegs. But this seemed to have backfired because we're getting too many repaints that aren't moving. It can also be argued adult collectors would prefer a variety of new characters once they get their favorites, and children new to the line would have no prior knowledge of 80's nostalgia, and therefore wouldn't recognize the significance of singular characters they haven't grown up with.)
H: In the future you will see a good mix of the core characters (Duke, Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow) as well as a variety of classic characters reinvented in movie styling. The current "peg warming" is partially a result of less newness available the past few months as the stores move through inventory and get ready for movie product.
2. It seems that Hasbro is getting beaten to the punch with new figure reveals. Why doesn't Hasbro just go ahead and do the reveals themselves?
H: Hasbro does not see it as a race to reveal new figures but we do discourage unofficially leaked materials. While there are many factors involved as to when and how we reveal new figures, we would rather wait until key events such as ComicCon and JoeCon to reveal a lot of newness at one time. If online sites offer spoilers it is up to fans if they want to partake in unofficial information.
3. Sgt. Slaughter's out of his WWE contract... any talks to bring him back in 3 3/4" form? Maybe a special figure included with the cartoon series box-set?
H: There are no plans to reintroduce Sarge in the near future, but with this new availability we are excited about the possibility.
Bill: Will the "Rise of Cobra" Store Exclusives (Toys R Us' Headquarters for Heroes, Target's Then and Now vehicle sets, Wal-Mart's two-packs) be released as part of the 7/1 "Rise of Cobra" street date, or will we have to wait until later in the year?
Joe Team: They will not be available as part of the initial release as we want fans to have time, money, and retail space to get the mainline at launch. They will start to become available soon after and will be peppered in for the rest of the year.
Bill: Recent photos have surfaced that have revealed many new Resolute figures, and some of which (Destro, Roadblock, etc...) are standing on the new "Rise of Cobra" stands. Does this mean these Resolute figures will be released under the movie umbrella in 2009? Possibly to coincide with a Resolute DVD release, perhaps?
Joe Team: It is possible that we will use Resolute figures in the movie line in the future, but there are no plans right now for Destro or Roadblock in 2009.
Bill: We have seen pictures from overseas of packaged product such as the Mighty Muggs Cobra Trooper, and "Real American Hero" series 14, with Resolute Storm Shadow, Night Force Lt. Falcon and the mustache-less Zap... will these figures be released domestically as single packs in 2009?
Joe Team: The single packs will not be available as single carded figures, but in the 7-packs. Mighty Muggs plans are not finalized.
1. Since the recent announcement for the 2 G.I. Joe exclusives only showed packaging for the movie Destro 2-pack (pretty cool looking!), what else can you tell us about the Destro figures? When will the figures be revealed? And any more Joe exclusives planned for San Diego Comic-Con?
H: There will be two exclusives for Comic-Con this year. The first is a 12” Baroness figure and the other is the 3 3/4″ McCullen set. The figures will show the first McCullen as seen in the movie as well as the most recent McCullen in the family. The packaging is like a book with two single cards inside…it’s some of the best packaging the brand has ever seen.
2. Not that we’re not excited for the G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra figures, but folks are missing their 25th Anniversary Joes. What kind of timing can we expect for 25th Anniversary Joes given that the movie is opening on August 7th? Can you give us some hints of what’s to come?
H: This is kind of a trick question. The 25th Anniversary with the classic packaging will only be seen in the 7-packs this year. But, the 25th figures and styling will continue in movie as will the characters from the 80’s that you know and love. Going forward the movie line is the main line, but we are doing our best to bring in the classics that fans want in a new expression (like Firefly).
3. We’d love to get some more pictures of some upcoming G.I. Joe toys (we try not to publish any articles without pictures) - any chance we can get some more pictures of the SDCC exclusives, or maybe something you haven’t revealed yet?
H: We just posted SDCC exclusives on the G.I. Joe website.
1. With the popularity of the Resolute cartoon, how heavy of a presence will the resolute versions of charcaters have in future 25th anniversary waves?
H: The 25th waves will stop shipping this summer as we start the shift into the movie line. Based on the reaction to the Resolute figures, we are trying to weave them into the movie line where possible in the future.
2. Was there a reason that Wetsuit's helmet was not included in the upcoming seven-pack set? Or will it actually be included in the set and is just not pictured?
H: Wetsuit's breathing mask is included in the set.
3. What's been the best things about working with movie-makers on the GI Joe movie toys? What have been the most challenging things?
H: The best thing has been seeing the characters from our childhood come to life before our eyes! It has also been great to see general passion for G.I. Joe rise as the buzz on the movie starts to build.
1. Will Canada ever see 25th/Modern Era Waves 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 13 etc?
We seemed to have received Waves 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 and revisions of Waves 5 and 8.
Hasbro:If it has not shipped by now, it is doubtful that it is coming.
2. Will the DVD sets #3, #4, #5 be coming to Canada?
Hasbro: This is a retailer decision, but the answer should be yes, especially if the retailer has sets 1 and 2.
3. Will vehicle waves above Wave 1 be coming to Canada?
Hasbro: Again this is a retailer specific question that we cannot answer…but if you are talking about the movie line, the plan is for all the vehicles to be released in Canada.
Raving Toy Maniac - The Latest News and Pictures from the World of Toys
1. Is there any chance for a GI JOE Titanium/small-scale vehicle line?
Answer: This line has been discussed but at this time is not planned for 2009 or 2010 as we want to focus on 3 3/4" figures and vehicles.
2. Any chance of an all guns accessory pack like in the old days? And can you make one of all Snow Job's gun so that we can outfit our Joes with weapons just like in the old cartoons?
Answer: As more kids get into G.I. Joe, we may be able to expand the line into accessory packs, but at the current time there are no plans for this.
3. With the flood of both Rise of Cobra and Resolute auctions showing up on ebay, and fetching high prices, could Hasbro address exactly what figures are coming out? For example, wave 14 samples are being sold carded, as well as loose Resolute figures that have not been announced. If Hasbro would just comment on the future availablility of these, it would help stem the tide of these highly overpriced speculative auctions out of China.
Answer: Wave 14 figures will not be coming out single carded, these were pre-production samples that have made it online through unofficial, unapproved channels. If the images do not come directly from Hasbro they cannot be considered final or officially part of the upcoming line. Many of these figures could be available in the future in other packs, such as the 7-packs, stay tuned.
Last edited by SNAKE EYES; 05-19-2009 at 11:53 PM..
|05-15-2009, 05:20 PM||#6|
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Back in the US of A! (NoVA)
I sort was hoping for the viper 5 pack too. I've only ever seen one in the wild. So I haven't been army building them, thinking I would buy a couple of the 5 packs and save a few bucks.
|05-15-2009, 05:21 PM||#7|
Join Date: Jul 2008
Great.. now the 5-pack Vipers will be at some Cons as exclusives!! That just sucks if you ask me!
|05-15-2009, 05:22 PM||#8|
Join Date: May 2008
No answers regarding new Resolute figures? (Snake Eyes specifically) Worthless.
My buy/sell/trade thread:
My feedback thread:
|05-15-2009, 05:22 PM||#9|
Join Date: May 2007
Location: blasdell, ny near buffalo
sweet footloose about time. hasbro you need to back resolute that will make money and when the movie & toys bomb they will know.
|05-15-2009, 05:25 PM||#10|
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Northwood, NH
That's all I care about.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Hasbro's Marvel Q&A Round Two 2009 The Answers||TOYARK.COM||Toys||0||05-01-2009 05:50 PM|
|Hasbro's Transformers Q&A Round One 2009 The Answers||TOYARK.COM||Toys||0||03-11-2009 02:50 PM|
|Hasbro's G.I. JOE Q&A Round Two 2008 The Answers||DESTRO||G.I. Joe News and Rumors||182||06-12-2008 04:52 PM|
|Hasbro's G.I. JOE Q&A Round One 2008 ANSWERS||Cobra-La||G.I. Joe News and Rumors||74||04-18-2008 04:31 AM|
|G.I. JOE Team Round 4 Q&A: The Answers||DESTRO||G.I. Joe News and Rumors||61||11-01-2007 07:41 PM|
|Eagle Force returns|
|New York G.I. Joe Sightings|
|Hisstank RPG Game Forum/ Battlefield.|
|Terminator Plasma Rifle by Foxtrot Delta|
|Origin of zombie vipers|
|The 458th Greatest G.I. Joe Character of all Time!|
|POLL: What is the 227th greatest G.I. Joe vehicle or...|
|Are you happy with the amount of figures released in...|
|FSS 2017 13TH Figure Guesses|
|New G.I.Joe 50th 2016 Assortment Discussion Thread|
|Outback, Falcon, and OG13 Scarlett|
|G.I. Joe 50th Anniversary Stiletto Photo Shoot|
|Doc and Lifeline|
|Arkansas G.I. Joe Sightings|
|Is ARAH coming to an end?|
|IDW G.I. Joe Comic Book Sales Figures - Read Order|
|Official G.I. Joe Command Team Recruiting Thread|
|Best figure poll 2016 retail release|
|Virginia G.I. Joe Sightings|
|Duke and Tombstone 2 pack|
|Announcing Chicken Fried Toys Dime Novel Legends...|
|Gi Joe Modern Era Upper Hip Gap|
|Illinois G.I. Joe Sightings|
|Maryland G.I. Joe Sightings|
|Takara Tony's Retro Toy Meet|
|Recent Off Topic Threads|
|The CORPS Megathread|
|Power Team Elite And True Heroes Discussion Thread|
|Anyone using Game of Thrones Ghost (Wolf) for Timber?|
|Transformers Masterpiece Thread V2: A New...|
|Recent B/S/T Threads|
|Toys for sale(some SDCC/Con exclusives)|
|Yojoe77 bst list|
|Postage Increasing for Parcels again in 2017|
|My Custom Baron Bloodclott|
|Un_Chakal's B/S/T A lot here...|
|POC Cobra Commander Test Shot w/ Hasbro Build Sheet|
|FS: 2009 Movie Cobra Commander w/ Hoses|
|Cobra Commander PaintMaster on eBay|