TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   HissTank.com - G.I. Joe > Yo Joe! > G.I. Joe News and Rumors
Home G.I. Joe News Toy Database Forum Rules Register Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
G.I. Joe T-Shirts

G.I. Joe Retaliation Dark Ninja In-Hand Images

Reply Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2012, 08:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Overlord of Evil

DESTRO's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via AIM to DESTRO
G.I. Joe Retaliation Dark Ninja In-Hand Images

New high-res in-hand images of the GIJOE Retaliation Dark Ninja figure have been uploaded to the HISSTANK.com GIJOE Database. With the high profile Ninja theme in GIJOE Retaliation, it's no surprise to see so many repaints thrown into the movie line. Check out the images below.

Dark Ninja 2013 - Retaliation Cobra Figures G.I. Joe Retaliation

GIJOE Retaliation Dark Ninja
Attached Thumbnails
G.I. Joe Retaliation Dark Ninja In-Hand Images-001-dark-ninja-gijoe-retaliation-movie.jpg
——.—..__.·.__..__.···.__..__.——.—.

DESTRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
ero
Luminous being

He's a beauty. What wave again?

ero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Snarky Siegie

Still a solid figure (really liking hasbro using some of those nifty large accessories they did back in RoC/Poc), but I still lament the loss of the alternate head.

We're getting so many ninjas using so many of the same parts, that alternate headsculpt would have gone SO far in adding some spice to this release. The fact the back package is still sporting it just proves it (and feels like Hasbro's rubbing salt in the hurt).

If we knew for sure Retaliation was going to run through the end of next year, I'd hold hope for a running change. But I don't feel terribly secure in that.

GI Joe Battleground Invite ID: 7yigRr
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealDubya
Any sort of panic at this stage is just pure unsubstantiated reptile brain stem fear.
Steevy Maximus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Not So Silent Master

Mr Hebime's Ebay Auctions
Just noticed the hands are flesh colored. That would have made the red ninjas SO much better IMHO.

Mr Hebime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Disappointed by the 39.99 at the QVC ninja swords, but he's still a keeper.

Konigstiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:12 AM   #6 (permalink)
Heroic Robot Engineer

Grimwing's Ebay Auctions
Looking forward to it at retail. Even the ninja Glider is going to be useful for displays.

I don't think red ninja came with claws. So its cool that they put some good claws in.

I understand that the ankle rockers have been removed for the traditional pivot instead. Which I'm ok with as those rockers seemed a bit loose to start with.

What can I say. Its a ninja figure. The only things to watch for are going to be overspray on the mask and derped eyes.

Grimwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:23 AM   #7 (permalink)
VALKYRIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steevy Maximus View Post
Still a solid figure (really liking hasbro using some of those nifty large accessories they did back in RoC/Poc), but I still lament the loss of the alternate head.

We're getting so many ninjas using so many of the same parts, that alternate headsculpt would have gone SO far in adding some spice to this release. The fact the back package is still sporting it just proves it (and feels like Hasbro's rubbing salt in the hurt).

If we knew for sure Retaliation was going to run through the end of next year, I'd hold hope for a running change. But I don't feel terribly secure in that.
Agreed. I also wish it came with the 30th Storm Shadow's swords. I dig the back story, but these guys won't be bad in my Joeverse.

Shin Densetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:06 AM   #8 (permalink)
Paladin

revsears's Ebay Auctions
This went from a most likely buy to an easy pass. The line is ninja heavy already this guy is too generic. That would be a plus if it was just his body, but another use of that head is odd. The dragon symbol's placement seems odd too, far to low, might have been better smaller and higher, and then larger like this on the back.

Am I the only one who hates Ninjas with bare hands? Hard to be stealthy when you are leaving fingerprints everywhere.

Your Nerd Nation: Did You Know Style Images, Reviews, Lists, Podcasts, Discussion ETC. For all nerd topics but with an obvious love for G.I.Joe.
http://yournerdnation.com/
revsears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:41 AM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by revsears View Post
Am I the only one who hates Ninjas with bare hands? Hard to be stealthy when you are leaving fingerprints everywhere.
Probably burned them off.

Konigstiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
^No Step^

Quote:
Originally Posted by revsears View Post
This went from a most likely buy to an easy pass. The line is ninja heavy already this guy is too generic. That would be a plus if it was just his body, but another use of that head is odd. The dragon symbol's placement seems odd too, far to low, might have been better smaller and higher, and then larger like this on the back.

Well, he is generic because... he's a generic troop builder.
Also, there are red ninjas, and black ninjas. There aren't that many reuses or other ninjas (aside of labeling everyone as ninja lol)

And.. he's a frigging ninja, why should they care about fingerprints? is not like there's a ninja database!

M_renegade is offline   Reply With Quote