|12-03-2008, 02:50 AM||#51|
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Northeastern, Pennsylvania
No she wasn't cute. But we all have a different definition of cute.
|12-03-2008, 07:20 AM||#52|
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sigh...back in Delaware. (The South Carolina of the Mid West)
Just my opinion, but I don't think there is any way in hell these are cancelled...for the following reasons:
1. Vehicles are selling VERY well. I tried to get a case discount from an on-line retailer and was told they can't do that, they can barely keep the vehicles in stock. I was placing an order of 3 cases for this new wave. In brink and mortor stores I see the vehicles turn over much faster then the figures.
2. By all accounts, I think the Target Exclusives were a huge hit. I know I bought 6 each of the Rattler, Conquest, and UBP. With the exception of the UBP, I had to fight for every one of them. The point is, Hasbro could have taken an initial preorder, saw the data, shared it with Target or Wal-mart and now one or more of these are going to be an exclusive. With Wal-mart coming late to the game, I could easily see them trying to suck up an exclusive as fast as possible.
3. They could be using one or more of these in an exclusive battle pack instead now. I'm thinking Artic Hiss.
4. It could be just as simple as a person in management decided that this line needed to be in movie or Resolute packaging, as mentioned already in this thread.
5. Maybe retailers asked for a break so that they could sell through their current vehicle assortments on the shelf during the holiday. With the predicted holiday sales forecast, I could definitely see this as a viable reason. Also, I continue to read that stores do a VERY large portion of their sales now after Christmas due to the increase in money/gift cards given as gifts. They could be waiting for this.
6. Maybe they got the green light to use the Strato-Viper in something bigger. I could see the Night Raven included in the movie line. If this is the case, then Hasbro may need to find a replacement for that set.
7. It could just be that the factory Hasbro is using for Joes simply can't keep up with this breakneck pace. As the stuff kept pumping out, I was wondering how much longer Hasbro/their factories were going to be able to keep up with this pace. Maybe it just finally caught up to them.
The point is, there are so many other possible reasons for the cancel of this preorder other then the line is on its way out.
|12-03-2008, 07:33 AM||#53|
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Los Angeles
|12-03-2008, 07:58 AM||#54|
Bovine Excrement Viper
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Next to my Refrigicloset©
|12-03-2008, 09:03 AM||#55|
Join Date: Apr 2008
Hasbro, if i don't have this stinger, suicide is near ...
"Sometimes it's easy to forget the real you is ..."
|12-03-2008, 02:16 PM||#56|
Spartan F5 Viper
Join Date: Sep 2008
The chinese factory riots are affecting every factory except the ones that make Duke, Firefly, CC and Cobra Troopers, explains why we get so many of those characters!
Look for more variaqnts on those figures as time prgress wheee!
|12-03-2008, 02:41 PM||#57|
Join Date: Sep 2008
|12-03-2008, 02:44 PM||#58|
GI JOE/STAR WARS FAN
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Olympia, Washington
|12-03-2008, 02:45 PM||#59|
Master of Disguise
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sarasota, FL
Sometimes I can't help myself but make it look better than the way I found it. Old Retail Habits die hard, and I'd like to keep the business going.
A Gem of That Size Answers ALL my questions.
Zartanman's Homemade Joes
Zartanman's Customs on HissTANK
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|BBTS Wave 13 and Wave 4 vehicles processing||Dawg99||G.I. Joe Toys Modern & General Discussion||41||11-26-2008 11:15 PM|
|Listed Wave 9 Figures(Bat,SS,Hawk,Bazzoka,etc)& loose Wave 2 Vehicles/figures!||Jose Castro||G.I. Joe on Ebay||7||08-07-2008 12:27 PM|
|Wave 2 Vehicles / B.A.T.S. - F/T or F/S||jgasbo1||G.I. Joe Buy Sell Trade||20||07-14-2008 08:22 PM|
|Looking 4 wave 1 Flint MOC and opener DOC. Have wave 2 vehicles!!||DAHUNTER||G.I. Joe Buy Sell Trade||8||07-13-2008 08:27 PM|
|Two more Hiss tanks!|
|Official G.I. Joe Command Team Recruiting Thread|
|Michigan G.I. Joe Sightings|
|What secrets lurk in the filecards?|
|New G.I.Joe 50th 2016 Assortment Discussion Thread|
|NJCC New Jersey Collectors Con Is Sunday November 13th...|
|Who's Your Favorite Dreadnok Of All Time?|
|AWE Striker wheels and tires|
|TheToySource News! Kotobukiya, Dragon Ball Z, Gundam,...|
|Hisstank RPG Game Forum/ Battlefield.|
|New Jersey G.I. Joe Sightings|
|VvV Recondo by Oreobuilder|
|VvV Double Clutch by Oreobuilder|
|Origin of zombie vipers|
|The 458th Greatest G.I. Joe Character of all Time!|
|Gi Joe 25th Heavy Metal Custom|
|Adventure People Construction Workers by OB|
|Finished my ME Monkey Wrench|
|James Bond Head on A-Team Face Body = PERFECT|
|tiger force flash by the odinson|
|Modern Era Deep Six|
|"Ages 25 & Up": My Joe Fig-Comic|
|Eagle Force returns|
|What is Hasbro's movie/T.V problem?|
|Wild Weasel by Geckohun|
|Recent Off Topic Threads|
|Dime Novel Legends Kickstarter!|
|Anyone using Game of Thrones Ghost (Wolf) for Timber?|
|The CORPS Megathread|
|Power Team Elite And True Heroes Discussion Thread|
|Legion XIV 1:18 Project: Suits|
|Recent B/S/T Threads|
|New 50th line up for sale FS/FT|
|Flash77's B/S/T Lists joes & transformers|
|Cobra Commander PaintMaster on eBay|
|POC Cobra Commander Test Shot w/ Hasbro Build Sheet|
|Custom baroness indian jones beachhead duke|
|Toys for sale(some SDCC/Con exclusives)|
|Yojoe77 bst list|