TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   HissTank.com - G.I. Joe > Yo Joe! > G.I. Joe News and Rumors
Home G.I. Joe News Toy Database Forum Rules Register Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
G.I. Joe T-Shirts

New GI Joe Compatible True Heroes C-130 Found At TRU

Reply Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2011, 11:18 PM   #301 (permalink)
disgruntled goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt.Snail View Post
I still have to put stickers on, but I'm custom making some so its gonna take a bit, but the painting is done. I moved the lights from the red guns, and put the on the interior wall so it flashes red under the computer panels. Kinda cool.
this thing is amazing to start with but its unbelievable what some expertly applied paint does for it.
——.—..-.-.·..__.___._..-.-.--.

Topside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 12:19 AM   #302 (permalink)
Lexi Belle fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by super curry max View Post
yeah. pretty much. that humvee, it used to be from the Soldier Force line. the Police Van, they use to sell them at places like Rite-Aid.

that military base, that's new to me. although i've seen an early version of it, with less add-ons. it was less compatible to the joes. this one, i might get.

topnotch97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 12:30 AM   #303 (permalink)
Lexi Belle fan

i wish this C-130 can fit any vehicle, like the Chinook did.

(Unofficial) Joe vehicles | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

topnotch97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 03:00 AM   #304 (permalink)
Hisstank.Com General

Quote:
Originally Posted by topnotch97 View Post
i wish this C-130 can fit any vehicle, like the Chinook did.
Yup. The True Heroes Chinook was a true vehicle transport, plus you could carry another vehicle underneath with the hook and cables. Awesome toy.

C-130 looks like an awesome display piece though since its size is so massively impressive.

MeLikeJinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 07:49 AM   #305 (permalink)
I Ride with Claymore!!!

So here's a question: How will people use this new C-130 in their Joeverse?

After looking at the pics of the C-130's interior, it looks like it could be pretty easily modified - nothing big, but maybe swapping out the smaller guns for some larger guns. Or with the Map table and computer computer/commo desk, maybe it would work as a flying battle HQ for Hawk/Colton. Obviously it would make a great cargo/jump plane... will anyone use it for Cobra? What type of paint job will y'all give it?

Why aren't there more Joes from the Deep South?
And would it kill Hasbro to give us a Marine Corps Officer?
oliverbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 09:52 AM   #306 (permalink)
Crimson Guard

Well, I checked, if you really want to carry the vamp, you can, it just wont come out via the ramp. Also, you cant have the seats for the passengers in if you want to carry the vamp. The only thing I can think of is just widen the ramp openting and keep the ramp as is, dont change top latch, you could probably add plastic/styrene to the ramp door to make it cover the new wider opening.

Skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 10:10 AM   #307 (permalink)
Crimson Guard

AC-130 SPOOKY | Facebook

Im still working on it, but here is my AC-130 Spooky, but just to put up more pics of how great this plane is, it really is more bang for your buck. If you check out the album, the plane looks pretty decent sized. I painted her in a decent grey, some of the gun ports will be covered and the gun will be changed to a 50 cal and a howitzer cannon will be placed near the rear ramp.

Old 08-27-2011, 12:23 PM   #308 (permalink)
Cobra Soldier

Sgt.Snail's Ebay Auctions
I like the red tape/stickers on the props, I wanted to paint the blades white but that soft plastic is tricky when painting, even the plastic paints can get a little tacky afterwards. I might try a light coat of acrylic with the airbrush but I'm afraid it will just scratch off.

Sgt.Snail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 12:48 PM   #309 (permalink)
Crimson Guard

Thanks Sgt Snail, love your idea about using the snowtrooper cannon, that is brilliant. The desert camo is rockin. Im thinking of using some charcoal on my brush to make exhaust marks from the engines and kinda like a black wash over certain areas of the fuselage.

What about just cutting up some white address labels/nametags, basically white paper stickers?

Old 08-31-2011, 05:05 AM   #310 (permalink)
Cobra Soldier

I was able to put windshield too using plastic sheet from a r/c toy car box (the green one is from clip board but a bit too thick so I abondon it after 1/2 way done) Basically you heat the plastic sheet 6" on top of the stove (wear gloves) once it's start to get soft quickly place it inside of the black window frame and press down on all areas so it will mold the contour shape of the window frame. Then mark the outline with sharpie and cut it out then super glue it in place.
It's look really cool now. In low light the windshield looks tinted and in bright light it looks clear so you can see the figure inside the cabin. I also double side tape the pilot so he is firmly held in his seat.

here's pix
Attached Thumbnails
New GI Joe Compatible True Heroes C-130 Found At TRU-img_7827_b.jpg

Last edited by JSizzle; 08-31-2011 at 05:11 AM..
JSizzle is offline   Reply With Quote