|08-08-2009, 04:22 PM||#11|
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Kansas City KS
And also- try and ground some of the bad guys in reality. Sommers likes the 60s Bond- well, they had topical enemies as well. Major Bludd is a good one- he's just a bad-ass mercenary, Firefly a saboteur, etc.
If you described most of the bad guys in one sentence, they come off as fantastical. Again, going with Bond, one of the best fights in the originals was Bond against Red Grant in "From Russia With Love." No gadgets, no outlandish backstories. Just two really tough guys hammering the crap out of each other.
|08-08-2009, 05:28 PM||#12|
Join Date: Jul 2008
I would reset the entire thing.
What I do when Im not playing with toys......
SCI FI Live action Roleplaying!!!
Before all else, be armed.
|08-11-2009, 11:31 PM||#13|
GI Joe Black Ops
Join Date: Mar 2009
I would also want Snake Eyes to switch out looks in the sequel. Not just go Arctic, I want to see a goggles look. Go Commando.
|08-12-2009, 04:00 AM||#14|
Join Date: Aug 2008
If they want to more kids to see it they need to include a handsome teenage vampire character who acts all flaky and is full of teenage angst and is in love with Scarlett, yet cannot be with her for some dumb reason or another... probably Cobra Commander's fault. LOL.
|08-12-2009, 12:35 PM||#15|
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: ca usa
President Zartan saves American economy and the world and destroys Cobra.
Last edited by colonyofcells; 08-12-2009 at 12:48 PM..
|08-12-2009, 12:44 PM||#16|
Broca Beach Realtor
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Broca Beach
sec of state Zarana
|08-12-2009, 12:54 PM||#17|
has been warned
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
CHECK OUT MY FOR SALE, FOR TRADE LIST BELOW
|08-12-2009, 12:56 PM||#18|
Win, Lose or Die
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Canton, Michigan
There are a lot of ways that the RoC sequel could go.
1) Introduction of Major Bludd, brought in by Zartan, who leads a force to free CC and Destro, as the Baroness is revelaled to have been playing Duke all along.
2) Rattlers. Nuff said.
3) I would try to make the movie feel less CGI, and use actual stunts. I'd completely distance things from the SS/SE backstory.
4) Redesigns for SE, Destro, and CC. So that the are closer to what people want to see. SE gets a new mask, minus lips, and we get to see his civillian mask from the Marvel run. Destro, finding a way to deactivate the nano mites, retrives his familys mask, and wears it as a badge of honor. CC designs a new mask, one closer resembling actual CC.
5) Maulers. Vamps. The Joe APC.
6) Intro of new Joes: Flint, BeachHead, Blowtorch and Lady Jaye.
7) Cobra devastates the world, using an all new weapon.
8) Last shot of the movie is Cobra Commander, standing above legions of Cobra troops, a giant Coba banner behind him.
Cobra has won. The Battle is over. Or is it?
The Reign of Tears has begun! Check out my original G.I.Joe story!
|08-12-2009, 01:02 PM||#19|
Cobra Croc Master
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Port Charlotte, FL
First thing I'd do is question why they'd want an inexperience writer to write the movie. After I saw the check though I'd get to work.
- First I'd show the white house full of new aides and appointed staff members (all would be Dreadknoks.) No big roles just cameos to wink to fans
- Second. I'd have a lot of random bombings. This would introduce Firefly. He'd be hitting spots in the US and giving Zartan excuses to make executive orders.
- The offices of Executive Enterprises would definitely be the ones who get the commander and Destro out of prison.
- I'd also introduce the Beta squad, who would team up with the Alpha squad. I'd introduce 4 new joes, Flint, Lady Jaye, Doc and Rock & Roll.
- I'd also deal with the undercover squad that has infiltrated Executive Enterprises and the remnents of MARS: Chuckles, Tunnel Rat and Scoop.
I would then be fired for introducing a movie version of Scoop. :(
Updated weekly from Crimson Monkey
|08-12-2009, 01:48 PM||#20|
Free the Punisher
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: being held in a special containment center at the bottom of Lake Michigan
I'm not thinking of anything original. Just trying to adapt some of my favorite storylines to the film.
Continuing the thread begun by the first film, Cobra is still working on creating the ultimate soldier. Cobra Commander has realized that the robot-like Neo Vipers are limited because they can't think for themselves. They begin working on one super soldier embedded with the greatest military minds, (Serpentor of course). They can even use Storm Shadow's nearly lifeless body and, like the comic, this process will "wake him up."
Meanwhile we're introduced to the Crimson Guard who are working out Professor Appel's plot to create an island in the gulf of Mexico where Cobra can reign supreme. The Joes are sent in to knock Cobra off the island with the whole team and all their vehicles only to be stopped at the last minute by an executive order by the "President." Cobra Island is declared a sovereign country and we end with Cobra winning the day.
Forget it Jake, it's Hisstank.
Eagle Force needs STANDS! Please Pledge for Santini:
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Tankers, Let write the GI Joe ROC sequel.||Ixz72||G.I. Joe General Discussion||0||08-04-2009 10:06 PM|
|I could write this...||MLos1||Toys||3||05-31-2009 08:38 AM|
|thread name change to include *SPOILERS*||nickvree||Tech Support and Forum Rules||0||05-28-2009 06:10 PM|
|if there is a sequel, what do you think they will change...caution SPOILERS||Crimson Guard 51||G.I. Joe Live Action Movie||22||05-28-2009 04:36 PM|
|Do you Include Roddy Piper as Part of 25th?||bradforj||G.I. Joe Toys Modern & General Discussion||42||06-15-2008 11:13 PM|
|tiger force flash by the odinson|
|Origin of zombie vipers|
|Who's Your Favorite Dreadnok Of All Time?|
|"Ages 25 & Up": My Joe Fig-Comic|
|New G.I.Joe 50th 2016 Assortment Discussion Thread|
|Eagle Force returns|
|Hisstank RPG Game Forum/ Battlefield.|
|What is Hasbro's movie/T.V problem?|
|Wild Weasel by Geckohun|
|New York G.I. Joe Sightings|
|Terminator Plasma Rifle by Foxtrot Delta|
|The 458th Greatest G.I. Joe Character of all Time!|
|POLL: What is the 227th greatest G.I. Joe vehicle or...|
|Are you happy with the amount of figures released in...|
|FSS 2017 13TH Figure Guesses|
|Outback, Falcon, and OG13 Scarlett|
|G.I. Joe 50th Anniversary Stiletto Photo Shoot|
|Doc and Lifeline|
|Arkansas G.I. Joe Sightings|
|Is ARAH coming to an end?|
|IDW G.I. Joe Comic Book Sales Figures - Read Order|
|Official G.I. Joe Command Team Recruiting Thread|
|Best figure poll 2016 retail release|
|Virginia G.I. Joe Sightings|
|Duke and Tombstone 2 pack|
|Recent Off Topic Threads|
|Power Team Elite And True Heroes Discussion Thread|
|Legion XIV 1:18 Project: Suits|
|The CORPS Megathread|
|Anyone using Game of Thrones Ghost (Wolf) for Timber?|
|Recent B/S/T Threads|
|Toys for sale(some SDCC/Con exclusives)|
|Yojoe77 bst list|
|Postage Increasing for Parcels again in 2017|
|My Custom Baron Bloodclott|
|Un_Chakal's B/S/T A lot here...|
|POC Cobra Commander Test Shot w/ Hasbro Build Sheet|
|FS: 2009 Movie Cobra Commander w/ Hoses|
|Cobra Commander PaintMaster on eBay|