|View Poll Results: Like it or hate it?|
|On the fence||84||13.10%|
|Voters: 641. You may not vote on this poll|
|08-10-2009, 12:24 PM||#1411|
Join Date: Jun 2009
|08-10-2009, 12:39 PM||#1412|
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
|08-10-2009, 12:42 PM||#1413|
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: North Carolina
"Global Integrated Joint Operating Entity." Heaven help us.
|08-10-2009, 12:46 PM||#1414|
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: houston tx
Personally i like the idea of a unified force,shows some progress towards peace in the world may not be world peace but its good enough for now
|08-10-2009, 12:49 PM||#1415|
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: So. Cal, the Inland Empire
Yeah, I had absolutely no problem with this at all. But, perhaps that's the bleeding heart liberal in me coming out to play.
|08-10-2009, 02:11 PM||#1416|
Join Date: Dec 2007
Either you like it, or you don't. I for one, did not like it....and yes, I have not posted very many times, but should it matter? No, everyone has an opinion.
|08-10-2009, 02:29 PM||#1417|
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Upper Darby, Pa
I have to say that I Loved the film. Its not cartoon or comic book chessy at all. This had some really good fighting and killing. Scarlett was beauty and her crossbow gun was Great! Duke and Marlon were great in the accelerator suites and just their looks wanted me to become a JOE. Baroness was hotttt and I loved her duo pistols. They gave a futuristic energy blasts. I like Destro and Cobra Commander evil plans and them fighting each other time to time. The whole movie was great. I only cried out one time when Zartan Sliced a Sharp Blade through Cover Girl. Noooooooo! I loved cover girl and she didn't live long enough to even shoot a gun. (Tear). My only concern was where was Shipwreck?? I thought he would be in the movie. Oh and once you see Snake eyes and storm shadow fight. You WILL SAY..... WHOA!!!!
|08-10-2009, 05:23 PM||#1418|
Join Date: Jun 2009
|08-10-2009, 08:32 PM||#1419|
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC
I saw it on opening Friday and really enjoyed it! My girlfriend did too, even though she's not really a fan. It wasn't ideal, and i have a few complaints:
- I didn't think it really needed to show Cobra in its infancy as much as it did.
- Duke really sucked. Too young and I also had trouble understanding his dialogue sometimes, but maybe i am just not accustomed to his southern US way of speaking.
- Didn't like the Destro mask nor CC mask.
- Spotty CG effects.
- Can a Night Raven really circumnavigate the globe that fast?!
But on the positive side:
- The Baroness stole the show.
- The CC voice was terrific! Raspy like the original yet more throaty and menacing. I wish he had more dialogue.
- Some fan-service nods to Joe lore and cameos.
- Good fight scenes, except too many close-ups.
- Good characterization of Zartan, McCullen, SE etc.
So not perfect but enjoyable. I'll see it again and welcome the Blu-Ray to my collection as an alternate take on the Joe-verse akin to the animated movie.
|08-10-2009, 08:43 PM||#1420|
Spartan F5 Viper
Join Date: Sep 2008
Just got back from seeing the movie.
All of my hate and all of my anger towards this movie can now be put to bed.
I really ended up liking it. I did as everyone said to do go in with as minimum EXPECTATIONS as you can have. I floored mine, tore it up in my mind and denied all possibility of it as a GI JOE movie. I figured that would be the only way to go to look at it as a total failure then the only thing left would be for it to bring me back up out of the bottomless Pit(no pun intended). And low and behold it succeeded.
What I liked:
1) The cobra logos on the nanite injection site: This was a total surprise to me and I did not read about this anywhere. I loved that as a great homage to Cobra forces (although I would like to have seen the sigil on more than the just the sub at the end).
2) I liked Quaid and Duke! Surprisingly I was able to stomach them. I did not like his silly smile that people pointed out but he worked for me as did Duke. I was happy about that.
3) The CGI was not that bad imop. There really was not a lot of scenes with it accept the forgettable D6AC suit chase scene, would have been a perfect scene if not for those suits but I knew going in I did not like those anyway.
4) I liked the Cobra Commander scene before he was captured. The new look actually worked for me. I kinda liked the Doctor but would have preferred him to be a separate character all together. I liked his voice afterwards for Cobra Commander it was not as deep as people had posted about and it did not remind me of Destro from any cartoon I ever saw.
Now what I did not like (beyond D6AC suits).
1) Destro's mask at the end: It was too hammered and bulbous looking, would have been fine if it was a smooth metal mask with green glowing eyes, that would have been 100% ok with me.
2) Dr. Mindbender: What a waste of a great character I loved from the old. Just a quick cameo appearance to get him in. The story would have worked if he had been a balding man with a monocle (he was already pretty dazed and confused)
3) The whole connection thing of Rex, Duke and Braoness. Furthermore the Baroness being helped at the end and her in prision and Duke not giving up on her...totally waste of time with that. And she turned good? WTF another wasted Character.
4) The drawn out scene after the attack on the Pit where Wayanes and Scarlett perk each other up-- Gaaaaag! To hammed up.
5) The particle accelerator scene to "weaponize" the nanite warheads. The accelerator was not good science; it was rather a far stretch to try to fit that all into the movie and detracted horribly from it. I tried to rationalize it as the accelerator below as protons are fired around somehow allow a charged field to power the laser in the chamber where they using to weaponize the warheads thus creating a protective ionized field for the little nanites so when the war head exploded it would not damage them but they did not put that much thought behind so I am just grasping at straws to make it work for me as why that was needed.
6) The final fight scene at the underwater base. It was too much like a death star fight scene with the big gun shooting at the joes. Wish it would have been a desert pyramid temple with the weather dominator! That would be cool!
It definitely is not the GI JOE I used to have but it is not too far from it when I critiqued heavily in the movie theatre. It was also not as James Bonidsh as I expected, however the lack of Joe vehicles and what not hinted more toward Golden Eye, especially the France scenes of the Baroness. I found myself stuck watching each scene right after the other. It had me going for so long until the wayanes/scarlett scene after the attack on the Pit "I am not a looser" whining scene which was like a punch in the gut that stopped the action. Then it passed and we were right back to full speed.
The end credits showed a lot of interesting things on the big metallic ROC logo, I caught several Joe "stickers" like "NOT A STEP", the red designation triangle for cobra vehicles and the Sigma 6 Logo etc. There were a lot of other things too just need a pause button to see them better.
Also did anyone notice the Hawk logo on the Joe silver Howler transport? Was that a reference to it being a Skyhawk? I really did not understand that.
And Gunslingercbr was right that front end of the USS Flagg was split like it was in Resolute. I watched for that specifically and was glad it was like the one from Resolute (not 100% the same but close)
Other then that I really did enjoy it honestly. Yes, yes you can tell me to go "suck it" and "you were soo wrong haha" and rub it in my face but just know I am glad I did get off my own collective ass to go and see it.
You should too if you have not decided and make your own final analysis.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|G.I. Joe Movie Adaptation #4 Review||Shin Densetsu||Comic Books Discussion||14||07-27-2009 07:26 PM|
|G.I. Joe Movie Adaptation #3 Review||Shin Densetsu||Comic Books Discussion||10||07-16-2009 02:35 PM|
|G.I. Joe Movie Adaptation #2 Review||Shin Densetsu||Comic Books Discussion||5||07-12-2009 06:50 AM|
|G.I. Joe Movie Adaptation #1 Review||Shin Densetsu||G.I. Joe News and Rumors||12||07-06-2009 07:06 PM|
|review of GI Joe Movie||peteeyes7||G.I. Joe News and Rumors||4||06-13-2009 02:28 PM|
|Hisstank RPG Game Forum/ Battlefield.|
|Night Force Lifeline|
|Origin of zombie vipers|
|Michigan G.I. Joe Sightings|
|Two more Hiss tanks!|
|Maryland G.I. Joe Sightings|
|VvV Recondo by Oreobuilder|
|New G.I.Joe 50th 2016 Assortment Discussion Thread|
|Virginia G.I. Joe Sightings|
|Outback, Falcon, and OG13 Scarlett|
|VvV Double Clutch by Oreobuilder|
|Who's Your Favorite Dreadnok Of All Time?|
|Is ARAH coming to an end?|
|50th anniversary modern edition Roadblock|
|RoC Ice Dagger passenger compartment solutions?|
|G.I. Joe 50th Anniversary Toys "R" Us Photo...|
|Official G.I. Joe Command Team Recruiting Thread|
|Modern Annihilator custom by Geckohun|
|3.75" Joe: Creating G.I.Joe: A Real American Hero Vol....|
|What secrets lurk in the filecards?|
|Taking Pics of Joes outside!!! Let's see them!|
|Gi Joe 25th Heavy Metal Custom|
|Wild Weasel by Geckohun|
|Official Cobra Command Recruitment Thread!!!!|
|Custom parts need/have thread|
|Recent Off Topic Threads|
|Power Team Elite And True Heroes Discussion Thread|
|Legion XIV 1:18 Project: Suits|
|Kickstarter: Unrustable Bastards 'PowerMaster TFs'|
|The CORPS Megathread|
|2016 Toy Hauls|
|Recent B/S/T Threads|
|TFCon 2016 wants|
|G.I.JOE in Hong Kong?|
|WTB: Various Modern Era Wants|
|New 50th line up for sale FS/FT|
|Flash77's B/S/T Lists joes & transformers|
|Cobra Commander PaintMaster on eBay|
|POC Cobra Commander Test Shot w/ Hasbro Build Sheet|
|Custom baroness indian jones beachhead duke|