|09-06-2009, 07:47 AM||#51|
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Hisstank Wrestling Federation!
Golobulus is the founder of the ideology. He doesn't concern himself with the means, just the end. He's not really interested in worldly matters or the politics of the day, instead intrusting these duties to surrogates which include but may not be limited to Serpentor and Cobra Commander. And I'm sure most of the people who work for Golobulus, not only don't know they're working for an ancient snake man, but infact have never even heard of him.
Serpentor was created to unite an increasingly disorganized Cobra organization. In the beginning he was more hands on, seeking to eliminate the need for Cobra Commander's role in Cobra, but eventually realised this job was a thankless pain in the ass, and it would be far better for him to step back and allow CC to take the blame for military failures, while Serps could easily claim credit for the successes from the comfort of his throne room.
Cobra Commander feels shafted by his removal as supreme leader of Cobra, and would remove Serpentor from the throne the first chance he got. Until then he continues to run Cobra's military operations and is the mastermind of most of cobra's schemes.
Destro doesn't really have a boss within cobra seeing as he's just a business partner. He does however know that the stuff he pulls with CC won't work on Serpentor, because Serpentor would sooner cripple his own military power with the loss of Destro's weapons than allow himself to be dishonored by the likes of him. This puts Destro right up there with CC, but since he doesn't make any actual decisions, CC is above him.
Baroness is a confidant to both CC and Destro, of course she's banging Destro and probably talks Destro into going along with CC's extravagent visions.
Mindbender is more trusted by Serpentor than anyone, and is as loyal to him as a parent to his child. Which is the only reason Cobra Commander doesn't kill him in his sleep. While not really qualified as a military strategist, some times Serpentor will favor his plans over those of Cobra Commanders. And of course when the plan fails, CC will still catch most of the blame. Poor CC. Of course he probably sabotaged it anyway.
The Twins have made Cobra into a legit money making machine. Any money that doesn't come from museum heists or looting tombs comes from the Twins' more legal enterprises. Every day americans are buying dish soap not even knowing that they're funding their own demise.
That's the top of the food chain. Below this it's a bunch of mercs and grunts.
Last edited by Headman; 09-06-2009 at 07:49 AM..
|09-06-2009, 07:57 AM||#52|
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Los Angeles
|09-07-2009, 09:44 PM||#53|
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Back in the US of A! (NoVA)
Man these are fun to read.
|09-17-2009, 04:11 PM||#54|
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: No answer
My Cobra hierarchy
a) Implies troop, body guard or army
The throne room color: Black
a) Iron Grenadiers b) Wraith
4) Rattlesnake- Character I created. Cobra's main muscle.
5) Croc Master
6) Skullbuster- main assassin
1) Cyborg mages
3) B.a.t. engineers
Troops for the main division: The Crimson Guard, Range vipers, Hiss drivers.
1) Scrap Iron
a) Night Sappers
3) Maj. Bludd
a) Skull troopers
b) Swamp vipers
c) Cobra eels
8) Matt Trakker
b) Strato vipers and para vipers
Blue shirt division
1) SS private ninja contractors
1) Red Ninjas
2) Night Vulture
1) Dusty Hayes
I created so many extra characters that its hard to fit them in with the hierarchy.
|09-20-2009, 12:37 AM||#55|
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Aston, PA
I like to pretend Serpentor and Cobra-La don't exist. So...
- Cobra Commander runs the entire organization
- I always viewed the Crimson Guard as his elite troops charged with his personal protection.
- The vipers are the hardened soldiers. Compare WW2's standard german soldiers with the SS Wermarcht (which I cannot spell)
- Cobra Officers/soldiers are the standard military troops
- Specialized forces (they do have a crap ton of those) are all subsets of the above tasked with specific jobs to do when the situation requires it but aren't needed enough to be given their own place in the heirarchy. Seriously, how many arctic troops do you plan to need at a time?
- The rest gets really really complicated. Like all organizations of this nature everyone else wants the Commanders approval. So the likes of Major Bludd, the twins, mindbender, ect, are all attempting to set themselves apart from each other so that when they win in the end THEY get the best treatment from the Commander. Destro and the Baroness keep their own private army with the belief that if Cobra were to succeed they would be left to their own with their own country. The Commander is aware of all of this and intentionally pits them against each other so that they continually focus their efforts in screwing each other over as opposed to ever questioning the Commanders decisions. It assures he remains at the top by keeping everyone under him fighting amongst themselves. He leaves the actual units (outlined above) in the hands of experienced military personnel who oversea the day to day operations of the military while the "high ups" work on policy and tactical decisions. Picture how the actual military works, yes Eisenhower was the commander of all US forces in the European Theatre but he wasn't in the combat. He sat back and made the decisions then left it to his commanders to set about making those plans take effect. So for example, Major Bludd is put in charge of an assault on a Egyptian fortification that Cobra wants. He does oversea the operation but it's really the seasoned military officers who are controlling the battles. Bludd simple sits back and overseas the operation and issues orders regarding tactical changes as needed.
|10-08-2009, 12:30 PM||#56|
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Kansas City
I use a system based on the end of RoC movie, but have used it for years and tweaked it here and there.
CC is the leader and founder of Cobra
Mindbender used to be the tech/science guy, but with the Rex figure Mindbender became custom fodder and CC (Rex and Fishbowl) became the brains and motivation of the organization.
Destro owned and operated MARS as McCullen until the first battle with the Joes where the organization was outed as criminal. He now wears the mask by choice (family history because he is an outlaw) and is loyal to the organization because 1)he's an enemy of the state and 2) the love of his life is there- if Baroness says jump he does.
I liked the RoC idea that Ana and Rex were bro/sis and her involvement with Destro so Baroness is a field commander/third wheel in the brains/planning of operations. I see her as the most ruthless human on the planet and will do anything to accomplish what she sets out to do. Her relationship with Destro is one of convienience, and she wears the pants no doubt.
SS is loyal to CC only and the baddest MF'r on the planet. private assasin and bodyguard
Guillotine is Baroness' bodyguard
Wraith is Destro's Bodyguard
MARS industries still exists as a private security company with destro and CC as silent controlling partners and the Twins as the legitimate public face of the company. Crimson Guards are the only infantry employed by Mars/Cobra as nameless/faceless guards and henchmen.
Most other characters and troopers are hired mercs who are loyal to money and anarchy.
Blood, Firefly, blueshirts, vipers, are basically a way for Cobra to incite, arm, support and profit from global terrorism.
Serpentor, Cobra La, nanomites, mind control, are all too far from reality for my 'verse.
|12-24-2009, 10:49 PM||#57|
Join Date: May 2009
here is a list of non Cobra afiliates,
8. United States of America
10.The United Nations
11.Metal Gear Solid games
|12-24-2009, 10:52 PM||#58|
Join Date: May 2009
by the way
Firefly is the leader of Cobra, and always was in Cobra Commanders abcense, dont know too much of where the others came along, even more so I am compelled to belive that Firefly is the leader of Cobra even with Cobra Commander in Command, not to mention his connection to as it is state on his file card, connections to Swiss banks, which ultimately leaves no room for Destros military barge supply companies, Switzerland cleanly has better guns than Scotland. And so do Switzerlands allies.
|12-24-2009, 10:54 PM||#59|
Join Date: Mar 2008
Cobra Commander rules. Serpentor is worm food.
|12-24-2009, 11:09 PM||#60|
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Staten Island, New York
Cobra Commander is #1 in my world. Destro #2 with the Baroness a close 3rd... I think i am going to work Rex into the mix to work with Mindbender....
Code Name: TOPCUT
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|has anyone ever made a hierarchy chart for cobra?||YoJoeThePlumber||G.I. Joe General Discussion||30||05-24-2015 12:03 PM|
|RE: Custom White Cobra Mortal, Cobra Mortal, Cobra De Aco & Glenda||cobra_mortal1||G.I. Joe Buy Sell Trade||8||02-21-2009 10:55 PM|
|How does Skull Buster fit in the Cobra hierarchy||SHIPWRECK"N"POLLY||G.I. Joe General Discussion||1||01-09-2008 02:28 PM|
|New G.I.Joe 50th 2016 Assortment Discussion Thread|
|Bullet Proof by francis2064|
|Night Force Lifeline|
|What secrets lurk in the filecards?|
|G.I. Joe 50th Anniversary Toys "R" Us Photo...|
|Announcing Chicken Fried Toys Dime Novel Legends...|
|Custom Cover Girl|
|New Character- BFS Zombie Hunter|
|The 460th Greatest G.I. Joe Character of all Time!|
|Why do the creators of GIJOEs like gingers so much?|
|DTC Barrel Roll by Oreobuilder|
|Lt. Daina by Vanishing Point|
|Horrorshow by Vanishing Point|
|Official G.I. Joe Command Team Recruiting Thread|
|Wild Weasel by Geckohun|
|Pale Peony ARAH|
|tiger force flash by the odinson|
|Official Cobra Command Recruitment Thread!!!!|
|Eagle Force returns|
|Mike T's Forgotten Figures Reviews - Updated Weekly!|
|HCC788 review: 1988 Dreadnok ROAD PIG!|
|Modern Era Deep Six|
|Modern Annihilator custom by Geckohun|
|The Kohbra La Invasion episode 6: The Flight Of The...|
|Recent Off Topic Threads|
|Marvel Legends Legendary Discussion Thread|
|Any Readers Interested in Original Star Wars Fiction?|
|How big is a Fisher Price figure?|
|Power Team Elite And True Heroes Discussion Thread|
|Vitruvian H.A.C.K.S. Chop Shop (Boss Fight Studio)|
|Recent B/S/T Threads|
|Custom NIGHT OPS SCARLETT...|
|Anyone near an Ollies to get the Crimson Strike Set|
|Roland's Buy/Sell List|
|Need to move stuff ASAP|
|Primeconvoy1's Joe's & Other Items on Ebay|
|POC Cobra Commander Test Shot w/ Hasbro Build Sheet|
|FS: 2009 Movie Cobra Commander w/ Hoses|
|Cobra Commander PaintMaster on eBay|
|Joe O-ring Parts|