|05-16-2009, 10:30 AM||#1|
Janitor at Extensive Ent
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
We all know toys are for kids, but it is my opinion that when it comes to the 25th line there are more figures on the shelves of collectors than there are in the toy boxes of kids. I have noticed on many of the threads concerning the movie and the new line based on it that who these toys are for seems to be a common point of contention. I am sure when it comes to toys or even actions figures in general kids (their parents) purchase far more than collectors. I know when it comes to me personally that I have way more figures as an adult than compared to when I was a kid, but I did grow up really poor so maybe I am not the best example of this. I am very curious about this so I would love see some of you guys chime in on the couple of questions that are listed below.
1. Do you think kids or adults currently possess more of the 25th line?
2. Who do you think will buy more of the movie line, adults or children?
3. Do have more or fewer toys as an adult collector as opposed to when you were a kid?
I love Joes. They are delicious.
|05-16-2009, 10:32 AM||#2|
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: dallas tx
i think the adults that had these toys as kids , will prob by these toys for their kids. or that is what hasbro is wanting to happen.
|05-16-2009, 10:32 AM||#3|
Join Date: Sep 2008
1. Adults handdown
2. Good posibility of adults there as well
3. 10x more toys now, and love it.
|05-16-2009, 10:34 AM||#4|
U and ur friends r dead.
Join Date: Nov 2008
1. Adults. I have just about two of everything, and more than that of some.
2. That's a tougher one. I'd say adults, because the kids are buying them off of Ebay for big $$$. I'll probably only buy one of each to open of the movie figures.
3. More toys today. I have more toys than most kids. But, I've been collecting for 30 years or so.
|05-16-2009, 11:02 AM||#5|
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: THE GARDEN STATE OF EDEN!
2. not sure, the movie might not even take off an be of any interest to a child.
3. i got way more now then i ever had as a kid, i grew up poor, an that was my point, so this time around, i'm makin' up for both my childhood, an adulthood, an together combined, i got one bad ass collection..
|05-16-2009, 11:20 AM||#6|
Join Date: Jan 2009
It's hard to say if collectors have the bulk of the 25th stuff.
You've got to factor in tons of adults who picked up 1 or 2 for a nostalgic kick and wouldn't be on sites like this. But also, for the tons of random adults buying for kids, grabbing a random
figure for another kids party and such. To them G.I. Joe is simply a known brand.
Kids will certainly buy more movie stuff. It's why the movie exists. It will make such a large statement in the toy aisle, it will be pretty unavoidable.
I have way more now, since Ive been a collector for so long and still have much of my spoiled childhood stuff. Many folks buy and collect since they didn't have much as a kid. Casual collectors have just the few items they come across that really appeal to them. I kind of respect their willpower.
|05-16-2009, 11:29 AM||#7|
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Back in the US of A! (NoVA)
2. Adults (we have the money)
3. As a 12 year old I had 50 joe figuers and 33 star wars and I thought I had a lot and it took hours to set up and play with them.
Now I have about 2500 action figures and most are in boxes. :(
|05-16-2009, 04:15 PM||#8|
Join Date: Apr 2008
1. Adults - No doubt on that, this line was intended to be marketed by Hasbro for the collectors out there. Those being grown ups from the former toy line.
2. I think the movie line toys will be a toss up. Personally I might buy one of two of the figures (tops) and that would be for customs. But the movie was made for everyone to watch.
3. Right now I have probably 5 times toys as a adult than as a child.
|05-16-2009, 04:24 PM||#9|
Join Date: Aug 2008
2. Kids (hopefully)
3. Well I still my huge vintage collection from when I was a kid to technically I "own" more now. If you compare just my modern Joes to what I got in the '80's I still have a long way to go to catch up to the old stuff.
|05-16-2009, 04:48 PM||#10|
Join Date: Mar 2008
2. Not sure, probably more kids.
3. More toys as an adult and a lot more expensive ones too!
|GI Joe NES game|
|Maryland G.I. Joe Sightings|
|Official G.I. Joe Command Team Recruiting Thread|
|Another one of this guy...|
|Hisstank RPG Game Forum/ Battlefield.|
|Eagle Force returns|
|POLL: What is the 227th greatest G.I. Joe vehicle or...|
|New G.I.Joe 50th 2016 Assortment Discussion Thread|
|IDW January 2017 G. I. Joe Solicitations|
|IDW Revolution Discussion...|
|The Kohbra La Invasion episode 6: The Flight Of The...|
|1982-1994 ARAH Hauls|
|AWE Striker wheels and tires|
|The 460th Greatest G.I. Joe Character of all Time!|
|Just bought a 37 MOC lot!!|
|GI Joe Tread Ripper|
|Pale Peony ARAH|
|G.I. Joe 50th Anniversary Toys "R" Us Photo...|
|Python Patrol Inspired Cobra Fang|
|Announcing Chicken Fried Toys Dime Novel Legends...|
|Michigan G.I. Joe Sightings|
|Who is Tombstone|
|Takara Tony's Retro Toy Meet|
|Modern G.I.Joe Haul thread|
|Recent Off Topic Threads|
|Anyone using Game of Thrones Ghost (Wolf) for Timber?|
|The CORPS Megathread|
|Marvel Legends Legendary Discussion Thread|
|Legion XIV 1:18 Project: Suits|
|Recent B/S/T Threads|
|Cobra Commander PaintMaster on eBay|
|FS: 2009 Movie Cobra Commander w/ Hoses|
|POC Cobra Commander Test Shot w/ Hasbro Build Sheet|
|Anyone near an Ollies to get the Crimson Strike Set|
|Yojoe77 bst list|
|Primeconvoy1's Joe's & Other Items on Ebay|
|Jeditazs All New BST! Many lines!!!|
|My Custom Baron Bloodclott|
|CW Rival, Phoenix, & more customs!|
|New 50th line up for sale FS/FT|