|04-07-2009, 10:56 PM||#11|
Iron Grenadier Sorcerer
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The Silent Castle
In my Joe-Verse, Serpentor's backstory is something like this:
Serpentor is a clone, but not created by COBRA. He was actually created/born in 1968. He was the goal of the ADAM Project (Assimilated DNA Alpha Male), a group of wealthy investors and scientists who wanted to create a leader from the DNA of history's greatest leaders.
However, one of the scientists working on the project was an ex-Nazi whose goal was to clone Hitler. He put Hitler's DNA in the mix with the other world leaders in addition to setting up his own lab on the side. The other scientists and investors found out about this and hired hitmen to kill the Nazi and track down and assassinate the baby Hitlers. However, Adam was three by this time. The project was scrapped and records of it were destroyed. However, one of the investors took pity on the young Adam and adopted him. This particular investor was a French aristocrat with a young daughter...any idea who that might have been?
Anyway, when the Baroness defied her family and joined the new COBRA organization, she told COBRA Commander about Adam. Together, they stole the boy from the Baroness's family and told him about his legacy. Adam was then raised up in COBRA with COBRA Commander and the Baroness as his paternal/maternal influences. COBRA Commander groomed the boy as his successor, and at age eighteen, after Dr. Mindbender through hypnosis helps him achieve access to the genetic memories of his DNA (meaning he can remember the lives of and "being" Napoleon, Julius Caesar, Hannibal, etc. as well as his own young life), he is given the golden armor and air chariot and made commander of the new Viper forces, a well-trained unit inside COBRA intended to destroy GIJOE.
People come of age in COBRA in my Joe-Verse at sixteen, by the way. Serpentor had been serving as a COBRA Officer for two years and had shown an amazing aptitude for military strategy and charisma and courage that made his unit stand out in COBRA.
Serpentor serves as the Viper general under COBRA Commander for three years, but in 1989 he tries to overthrow COBRA Commander, as he has been driven, more or less, insane by the conflicting personalities in his mind trying to take over and become the dominant personality. He pays Firefly to dress up as Snake-Eyes and assassinate COBRA Commander, but COBRA Commander survives and returns to battle his "son" in the COBRA Civil War.
In the end, COBRA Commander kills Serpentor himself on the battlefield, very King Arthur-versus-Mordred-like.
|04-07-2009, 11:10 PM||#12|
Full of Love and C-4
Join Date: Aug 2007
Serpentor's DNA templates
Here is a list of the known (and possible) genetic templates used in Serpentor's creation:
* Adolf Hitler - Fanatical Nazi leader who transformed a wrecked nation into a superpower until he was destroyed in World War II.(This explains why Serpentor is temperamental and fanatical).
* Alexander the Great, the young leader of ancient Macedonia who sought to conquer the known world but died a premature death in Babylon.
* Amon-Toth, one of the greatest generals in ancient Egypt. Fictional and created for the show. (cartoons only)
* Attila the Hun, the greatest barbarian leader during the fall of the Roman Empire.
* Otto von Bismarck - German Chancellor and military expert
* Cyrus the Great, Persian military conqueror and creator of the Achaemenid Persian Empire. (comics)
* Doctor Mindbender used his own mind as a source of knowledge of modern matters and a loyalty to Cobra. (comics only)
* Erik the Red, a Viking lord who once ruled the seas north of Europe. Generally credited with colonizing Greenland.
* Erik the Batterer, though similar in description to Erik the Red, he is apparently a different Viking lord. One of his most treasured possessions was his battle-axe, Skullsplitter. Fictional and created for the show. (cartoons only)
* Genghis Khan, the greatest known leader of the Mongols, who once conquered much of the continent of Asia. He also conquered more of the world than any leader before or since. As he was cremated, how DNA was collected remains to be seen.
* Grigori Rasputin, a self-proclaimed holy man, popularly blamed for the destruction of the last royal family of Russia. (cartoons)
* Hannibal, the leader of ancient Carthage, who nearly forced the young Roman Republic to the brink of ruin.
* Henry V of England, a brilliant general who conquered much of France.
* Ivan IV of Russia, also known as Ivan the Terrible, a very efficient monarch known for cruelty to his foes. (cartoons)
* Alexander Hamilton, first secretary of the treasury. (comics only)
* Julius Caesar, Roman politician, general and the first person to rule Rome as dictator for life. As he was cremated, how DNA was collected remains to be seen.
* Moctezuma II, the last monarch of the Aztec Empire before the arrival of the Spanish, at the end of his reign, the Aztec Empire was already at its peak thanks to him. (cartoons)
* Napoleon Bonaparte, one of the greatest military leaders in history and Emperor of the French.
* Philip II of Macedon
* Solomon, In the file card, it is stated that he has the DNA of King Solomon. King Solomon is portrayed in the Bible as the wisest king in history, though he was the last king of the unified Jewish kingdom.
* Stalin - Dictator of the USSR, who transformed the USSR from a backward nation into a thermonuclear armed superpower.
* Storm Shadow, Cobra Commander's body guard and trained ninja master. (comics only)
* Sun Tzu, one of the best-known strategists of China and the author of the book, The Art of War. Note: Dr. Mindbender attempted to collect Sun Tzu's DNA, but was unsuccessful, forcing him to use the much less patient Sgt. Slaughter's DNA as a substitute. When this happened, Serpentor failed to have patience just like Sgt. Slaughter. (cartoons only)
* King Tashaka, the Indian lord of all serpents. He kept a menagerie of various snakes and reptiles at his palace. A character from Indian legend. (cartoons only)
* Vlad Ţepeş Dracula, monarch of Wallachia and Romanian national hero who was very cruel with his Ottoman Turk enemies. He is best known as the inspiration for Bram Stoker's Count Dracula.
It should be noted that in reality, the burial sites of most of these historical figures such as Caesar, Alexander, Solomon, Genghis Khan, Hannibal, and Sun-Tzu have never been discovered. Many were actually cremated. Other more recent figures such as Rasputin and Vlad Tepes have never had their remains positively identified making it impossible to obtain DNA that can be confirmed as theirs.
|04-07-2009, 11:18 PM||#13|
Join Date: Dec 2008
Dang Mech-Viper! That is some serious research. Great list!
|04-08-2009, 07:13 AM||#14|
Full of Love and C-4
Join Date: Aug 2007
|04-08-2009, 07:47 AM||#15|
Join Date: Jul 2008
On the subject of DNA. Scientists can extract DNA from dinosaur fossils than it is likely that as long as they could find the tombs of those leaders they could find DNA. However extracting DNA is a long and expensive process. Extremely tedious and mind numbing. I have a friend who does that for a living.
Anyway getting to my point. It is likely that Serpentor would also have some of DR. Mindbenders DNA considering that dude never wears a shirt. It is quite likely a Mindbender chest hair or two helped make the serpentor soup.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|DVD serpentor WTB||meeko||G.I. Joe Buy Sell Trade||2||02-28-2009 10:08 PM|
|Just got these today marvel universe figures and dc universe crisis||Dawg99||General Discussion||42||01-22-2009 09:36 PM|
|Serpentor||Grippen||G.I. Joe Customs Finished Projects||3||08-22-2008 06:37 PM|
|Serpentor||SnAkEyEz||G.I. Joe Toys Modern & General Discussion||46||07-01-2008 11:33 PM|
|CC vs. Serpentor||Novacaine||G.I. Joe General Discussion||15||04-20-2008 07:52 PM|
|Alabama G.I. Joe Sightings|
|Texas (Northern) Sightings|
|Scrage by Vanishing Point|
|Stomavik by Vanishing Point|
|My Gi Joe Collection|
|New G.I.Joe 50th 2016 Assortment Discussion Thread|
|Who is the Best ME BAT?|
|Eagle Force returns|
|Official G.I. Joe Command Team Recruiting Thread|
|California (Southern, SoCal) G.I. Joe Sightings|
|2016 Joes thoughts and favorites?|
|IDW Revolution Discussion...|
|Official Cobra Command Recruitment Thread!!!!|
|The 461st Greatest G.I. Joe Character of all Time!|
|Cobra troops serial numbers|
|G.I. Joe 50th Anniversary Toys "R" Us Photo...|
|Virginia G.I. Joe Sightings|
|modern styled tiger force SKYSTRIKER|
|Gi joe transformers crossover|
|Custom parts need/have thread|
|Custom Recon Glider by Foxtrot Delta|
|What secrets lurk in the filecards?|
|Not Popular Enough|
|Georgia G.I. Joe Sightings|
|Ohio G.I. Joe Sightings|
|Recent Off Topic Threads|
|The CORPS Megathread|
|Transformers Masterpiece Thread V2: A New...|
|2016 Toy Hauls|
|Marvel Universe 3.75" figures|
|Recent B/S/T Threads|
|Goin' Commando Buy/Sell/Trade List|
|WTT 25th Tiger Rat|
|Zap Rowsdower BST Thread|
|Looking for Junk Parts (Modern Era Figures) -...|
|Yojoe77 bst list|
|Nightrattler Sell Page|
|FS: Vintage File Cards!|
|Roland's Buy/Sell List|
|Selling off a large amount of modern era joes &...|
|Fast_Draw's B/S/T thread|