|01-17-2009, 02:08 PM||#1|
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Mint on Card
I have a tendency to be a little on the negative side, especially when talking about the movie, repaints, dumb character decisions, etc., and alot of 'Tankers recently have been feeling that there's too much negativity around here.
So, I thought it would be a good idea for me to actually list out what I feel we Joe collectors have to be thankful for:
1. Take a look at what we've got from Hasbro since the beginning of the 25th Anniversary:
2. We're getting massive brand attention from Hasbro. Sure, its in the form of a stinker of a movie, and what appears to be a stinker of a toy line, but Hasbro is trying to bring the brand back to it's former glory, which is great.
3. Accurate re-releases. Because we complained and asked for them, (and because Hasbro can then makes u re-buy them, but whatever!) Hasbro went and re-released many figures fans were disgruntled with during their first release: Baroness, Major Bludd, Zartan, Storm Shadow, Flint, Viper, Cobra Commander, and Beachhead, to name the major ones.
4. The Original 13 will be complete by Wave 14
5. Hasbro Q & A. Sure, they're mostly repeat questions with non-answers, but every once in a while, we get confirmation of something pretty exciting. Dr. Mindbender anyone?
6. Army Builder 5-packs. Red ninjas, Crimson Guards, Greenshirts, and coming soon - Vipers and BATs. OK, so they're not perfect all the time, but hey, at least Hasbro threw us a bone!
7. Hisstank.com - what a great network of fans, collectors, traders, customizers, and humorists.
8. A great trading network - how many needs have you fulfilled, or helped fulfill via the trading threads? How great is that?
9. The comic lives. I'm not the biggest IDW fan, but they seem to really be trying here. And re-releases of the whole Marvel run? 'Nuff said!
10. Marlon Wayans - OK, I know what you're thinking, a)but Derek2783 is one of the biggest Marlon bashers ever!, and b)"he's gone off his rocker!". But hear me out: it could have been worse. Anyone who's seen his (albeit rare) serious work knows he has the capacity to shut off the silly. At least he has some talent. We could have gotten Keenan... We could have easily had a worse director or a worse plot, or a worse cast. I'm against pretty much everything I've heard about the movie, but truth be told, it still doesn't sound as bad as a lot of recent toy franchise films - Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, etc.
What are you thankful for?
Last edited by Derek2783; 01-17-2009 at 02:11 PM..
|01-17-2009, 02:25 PM||#2|
Join Date: Oct 2008
wait a minute...there re-releaseing the marvel run? when? if now ? when!!
an your right about he whole lot.
the proof will be in the pudding a my granma-ma used to say
|01-17-2009, 02:25 PM||#3|
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: dallas tx
i am thankfull for 1985 x-mas
|01-17-2009, 02:55 PM||#4|
Teenager from Mars
Join Date: Sep 2008
I am thankful for resolute duke's vest.
|01-17-2009, 03:16 PM||#5|
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Greensboro, NC
I'm thankfull for the TPB re-releases (I don't want to spend $80 on a TPB )
Also thankful that even if the movie sucks and the toys look rediculous with the power ranger armor, at least I'll have custom Spaceballs fodder
|01-17-2009, 08:48 PM||#6|
Join Date: Nov 2008
even though i complain a lot about hasbro, the only reason i am doing it is with the idea to improve the product.
i am pretty grateful for all the stuff we have. i think overall hasbro has done a pretty damn good job.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|A few other things...||Alyosha||G.I. Joe Customs Finished Projects||20||09-15-2008 10:51 PM|
|The fit of things||Phalsis||G.I. Joe Toy Reviews and Quick Feedback||4||07-17-2008 02:19 PM|
|Looking for a few things||misfit1015||G.I. Joe Buy Sell Trade||1||06-29-2008 09:39 PM|
|sometimes it's the little things||Echo7Solo||G.I. Joe Customs General Discussion||15||04-21-2008 06:49 PM|
|Things to know||Lt. Faceless||General Discussion||6||12-10-2007 04:00 PM|
|IDW January 2017 G. I. Joe Solicitations|
|Hisstank RPG Game Forum/ Battlefield.|
|Two more Hiss tanks!|
|New G.I.Joe 50th 2016 Assortment Discussion Thread|
|The 458th Greatest G.I. Joe Character of all Time!|
|Night Force Lifeline|
|POLL: What is the 227th greatest G.I. Joe vehicle or...|
|Origin of zombie vipers|
|Maryland G.I. Joe Sightings|
|Michigan G.I. Joe Sightings|
|VvV Recondo by Oreobuilder|
|Virginia G.I. Joe Sightings|
|Outback, Falcon, and OG13 Scarlett|
|VvV Double Clutch by Oreobuilder|
|Who's Your Favorite Dreadnok Of All Time?|
|Is ARAH coming to an end?|
|50th anniversary modern edition Roadblock|
|RoC Ice Dagger passenger compartment solutions?|
|G.I. Joe 50th Anniversary Toys "R" Us Photo...|
|Official G.I. Joe Command Team Recruiting Thread|
|Modern Annihilator custom by Geckohun|
|3.75" Joe: Creating G.I.Joe: A Real American Hero Vol....|
|What secrets lurk in the filecards?|
|Taking Pics of Joes outside!!! Let's see them!|
|Gi Joe 25th Heavy Metal Custom|
|Recent Off Topic Threads|
|Legion XIV 1:18 Project: Suits|
|Power Team Elite And True Heroes Discussion Thread|
|Anyone using Game of Thrones Ghost (Wolf) for Timber?|
|Kickstarter: Unrustable Bastards 'PowerMaster TFs'|
|The CORPS Megathread|