HissTank.com - G.I. Joe

HissTank.com - G.I. Joe (http://www.hisstank.com/forum/index.php)
-   G.I. Joe General Discussion (http://www.hisstank.com/forum/g-i-joe-general-discussion/)
-   -   Worst joe trade as a dumb kid? (http://www.hisstank.com/forum/g-i-joe-general-discussion/297136-worst-joe-trade-dumb-kid.html)

G.I.oz 12-31-2012 10:25 PM

Worst joe trade as a dumb kid?

Mine was my 40+joes for my best buds micro machine collection,we swapped toys back and forth all the time.When it was time to swap back my friends mom cleaned his room and gave them to his cousin in N.C. If I could go back in time and kick my own ass!!

ShadowNinja 12-31-2012 10:31 PM

Swapped a mail away ninja viper for a '88 SS when i was like 10.

fireflyguy 12-31-2012 10:56 PM

I DIDN'T trade baseball cards for Joes, which would've been a better deal. Wish I woulda.

Dragasses 12-31-2012 10:57 PM

no bad trades.

I had already discovered wd-40, matches, and destruction before I was dumb enough to trade them for less worthless stuff I could set a blaze. sad emoticon.

Cobra Terrorist 12-31-2012 11:00 PM

I don't think I ever traded my Joes.

I would sure like to know where all the friggin' missing ones went, though!

Scoop 12-31-2012 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragasses (Post 4107145)
no bad trades.

I had already discovered wd-40, matches, and destruction before I was dumb enough to trade them for less worthless stuff I could set a blaze. sad emoticon.

I think I might have ended up with some of your Joes at a garage sale... LOL!

This I Command! 12-31-2012 11:22 PM

I traded a good portion of my original collection to a local collectibles store in trade for vintage Star Wars figures (this was probably around 94-95), which in hindsight wouldn't have been a terrible trade, except about a year or two later I then sold said Star Wars figures back to the collectible store to get money so I could go out and buy the Nintendo 64 game Banjo Kazooie, which you can now buy used for under $10...so yeah I got hosed big time.

mrfu 12-31-2012 11:22 PM

[QUOTE=G.I.oz;4107119]Mine was my 40+joes for my best buds micro machine collection,we swapped toys back and forth all the time.When it was time to swap back my friends mom cleaned his room and gave them to his cousin in N.C.

" If I could go back in time and kick my own ass!!"
Why not just go back and not trade at all???

mister-x 12-31-2012 11:24 PM

i never traded joes.
but i remember buying a kids timber (from ''x'' sword SE) for .10cents

mikeTime 12-31-2012 11:28 PM

I traded a brand new Transformers Astrotrain for Roadblock inside the shell of a Cobra ASP. The kid told me he got it that way out of the box. And I believed him. Needles to say my dad had to step in because Transformers were expensive even in 88.

I was also the kid who got all of my friends destroyed and blown up Joe parts. It turned out he was steeling them any way.