TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   HissTank.com - G.I. Joe > Yo Joe! > G.I. Joe General Discussion
Home G.I. Joe News Toy Database Forum Rules Register Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
G.I. Joe T-Shirts

Is it worth subscribing to the GI Joe club?

Reply Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2012, 10:35 AM   #1 (permalink)
Cobra Viper

Artifex's Ebay Auctions
Is it worth subscribing to the GI Joe club?

Please don't take this the wrong way. I don't have anything against the club, actually I'm trying to find out if I should become a member or not.

That said, I have to ask: is it worth subscribing to the GI Joe club? You get a free figure every year, that's true, but you can find those on ebay, can't you? And the prices of those figures on ebay are not that much more than the annual subscription (at least for me, who would have to get the International Subscription plan).

So, in my case, should I pay the USD 90+ for the subs or should I use that money to get the figs on ebay?

Also, are the other things the subs gives you worth it?
——.—..___.···..-.--.--..___.__.

Artifex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:43 AM   #2 (permalink)
twitter viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artifex View Post
Please don't take this the wrong way. I don't have anything against the club, actually I'm trying to find out if I should become a member or not.

That said, I have to ask: is it worth subscribing to the GI Joe club? You get a free figure every year, that's true, but you can find those on ebay, can't you? And the prices of those figures on ebay are not that much more than the annual subscription (at least for me, who would have to get the International Subscription plan).

So, in my case, should I pay the USD 90+ for the subs or should I use that money to get the figs on ebay?

Also, are the other things the subs gives you worth it?
If all you are after is the free figure every year then no, not in your particular case.

Being a club member benefits those who attend the convention the most. Otherwise you really dont save a lot on purchases (shipping)
Unless you plan to get a figure subscription There are not many benefits to being a club member.
There is the free newsletter every month, but in the day of the internet it is usually out of date info.
There used to be club forums but those have been down since all the technological problems the club has had.

If you are going to a convention however the club is a good deal, you get decent discounts compared to nonmember prices.

skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:46 AM   #3 (permalink)
Cobra Viper

Artifex's Ebay Auctions
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinny View Post
If all you are after is the free figure every year then no, not in your particular case.

Being a club member benefits those who attend the convention the most. Otherwise you really dont save a lot on purchases (shipping)
Unless you plan to get a figure subscription There are not many benefits to being a club member.
There is the free newsletter every month, but in the day of the internet it is usually out of date info.
There used to be club forums but those have been down since all the technological problems the club has had.

If you are going to a convention however the club is a good deal, you get decent discounts compared to nonmember prices.
Unfortunately, I don't attend conventions, because they are usually at least a continent away. =(

Old 11-27-2012, 11:08 AM   #4 (permalink)
Hisstank.Com General

sbartek1974's Ebay Auctions
Quote:
Unfortunately, I don't attend conventions, because they are usually at least a continent away. =(
In your case, I would just go to ebay or cut some deals here with some Tankers. Some guys are nice enough to get you what you want from a convention if it's possible.

25th, POC, 30th and Retaliation figures on Sale Now!
http://www.hisstank.com/forum/g-i-jo...rade-list.html

My Feedback: http://www.hisstank.com/forum/buy-se...-feedback.html
sbartek1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:09 AM   #5 (permalink)
Cobra Viper

Artifex's Ebay Auctions
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbartek1974 View Post
In your case, I would just go to ebay or cut some deals here with some Tankers. Some guys are nice enough to get you what you want from a convention if it's possible.
Thanks for the tip ;)

Old 11-27-2012, 11:10 AM   #6 (permalink)
Crimson Nerd

It's up to you really.

I know that's a cliche answer, but really only you can answer whether or not what you get (Figure, newsletter, opportunity to buy from the Club Store, FSS, etc...) is worth it to you personally, especially being overseas.

Jmacq1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:16 AM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

if the figure is "good" like the last 2 years offerings, then yes,otherwise you'll have to pay higher prices to obtain the figure...(until the club reveals Iceberg,I am NOT rejoining back up)

as far the monthly magazine- terrible!!!

teemu8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:58 AM   #8 (permalink)
Crimson Guard

Quote:
There is a Brazilian group that attends the con every year.

BOOMER SOONER!!!

G.I. Joe Battleground Invite ID : LPVsFM
Starfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
Crimson Guard

What is the cost of the figure subscription? Couldn't find it on the site...

GIMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:16 PM   #10 (permalink)
Filecard Maker

Its a double edged sword concerning subscription figures...on one hand yes the are alot of money and likely some figures you won't like or want, but I think if you just want certain figures odds are if you go ebay you'd pay out just as much if not more.

To me the club is worth it...even if you sell off what you don't want.

Owner of a Lonely B.A.T. is offline   Reply With Quote