|10-09-2008, 02:37 PM||#21|
Toy Hunting Master
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Burbank, Ca.
|10-17-2008, 10:10 PM||#22|
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Deltona, Florida
I bought the guy's auctions just to try out these female figures.
They just arrived today. Prices weren't too bad. I got two green shirts and two older Joe figures, so it beat buying the female figures for their retail price of $8.99 ea. just to test them out.
If you are expecting 25th/modern quality, you may be a bit disappointed. However, these aren't bad figures.
Let me describe some physical differences and let you decide.
1) Arms: Features "kung-fu grip" like old school joes but has a twisting wrist joint like the new joes.
2) Torso: Twisting waist joint like some SW figs. No other torso articulation.
3) Neck: Twisting articulation. No ball joint. No up/down movement.
4) Legs: Limited ball joint at hips. It's of the pop on/off kind similar to modern Transformer figs. I couldn't get her to pose with a decent kick without the leg popping off. Knee joint and lack of ankle articulation is like old school Joes. Feet have hole sized for new bases.
5) Head: Although not on a ball joint, the head is nicely detailed and is feminine. Not cartoony at all.
6) Overall body shape: Their bodies are attractive but perhaps a little too idealized. Smallish hips and buttocks with possibly double D breasts. Their hands are similar in size to 25th Lady Jaye's, but their feet are tiny.
7) Overall detail: Their boots are very simplified featuring laces but barely hinting at tread. The chest has details indicating that their outfit has been unzippered almost to the navel, but their chest is unpainted and is the same green as the rest of her outfit. This shows that it is a reused mold as some of the other ladies in the line have the painted chest. Note that the ONLY paint is on the head.
8) Accessories: The figures didn't come with all their accessories as when you buy them through that link posted earlier. But they came with separate though "non-removable" belt, and a collar piece that I think was meant to cover up the fact that her open top was originally meant to be painted.
9) Quality: The plastic is a bit softer than 25th Joes. They feel a bit more delicate. I popped one of the elbows just trying to pose her. Got it back together, but I think the joints are weak. Not bad if they are meant for display, not play.
Hope this helps anyone interest in getting the figures. Overall I'm glad I got them fairly cheap, and would not recommend some of the more expensive versions posted on that site. The ones I got are the $8.99 ones. The $6.99 ones have different articulation. At the very least, they may not be 25th/modern, but they look nice next to the Joes and are not stocky dwarvish woman like the RAH gals.
Parts for female action figures & dolls
Last edited by Bamphalas; 10-17-2008 at 10:14 PM..
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Sniper Scarlett or Scarlett Reloaded!||Freedom||G.I. Joe Customs Finished Projects||7||09-24-2008 10:19 PM|
|version 3 destro||crock master||G.I. Joe Toys Modern & General Discussion||1||07-21-2008 05:36 PM|
|Indiana joe-nes version 2.0||boba fett||G.I. Joe Customs Finished Projects||15||05-18-2008 09:56 AM|
|custom woodland Scarlett and gray camo Scarlett||getoninja||G.I. Joe on Ebay||2||05-01-2008 03:26 PM|
|The 460th Greatest G.I. Joe Character of all Time!|
|Announcing Chicken Fried Toys Dime Novel Legends...|
|New G.I.Joe 50th 2016 Assortment Discussion Thread|
|Why do the creators of GIJOEs like gingers so much?|
|DTC Barrel Roll by Oreobuilder|
|G.I. Joe 50th Anniversary Toys "R" Us Photo...|
|Lt. Daina by Vanishing Point|
|Horrorshow by Vanishing Point|
|Official G.I. Joe Command Team Recruiting Thread|
|Night Force Lifeline|
|Wild Weasel by Geckohun|
|Pale Peony ARAH|
|Bullet Proof by francis2064|
|tiger force flash by the odinson|
|Official Cobra Command Recruitment Thread!!!!|
|Eagle Force returns|
|Mike T's Forgotten Figures Reviews - Updated Weekly!|
|HCC788 review: 1988 Dreadnok ROAD PIG!|
|Modern Era Deep Six|
|Modern Annihilator custom by Geckohun|
|The Kohbra La Invasion episode 6: The Flight Of The...|
|New Character- BFS Zombie Hunter|
|Replacing wheels on the vintage Desert Fox...|
|I've started doing video reviews of GIJoe|
|Recent Off Topic Threads|
|How big is a Fisher Price figure?|
|Power Team Elite And True Heroes Discussion Thread|
|Marvel Legends Legendary Discussion Thread|
|Vitruvian H.A.C.K.S. Chop Shop (Boss Fight Studio)|
|Bbi Elite Force figures returning.|
|Recent B/S/T Threads|
|Custom NIGHT OPS SCARLETT...|
|Anyone near an Ollies to get the Crimson Strike Set|
|Roland's Buy/Sell List|
|Need to move stuff ASAP|
|Primeconvoy1's Joe's & Other Items on Ebay|
|POC Cobra Commander Test Shot w/ Hasbro Build Sheet|
|FS: 2009 Movie Cobra Commander w/ Hoses|
|Cobra Commander PaintMaster on eBay|
|Joe O-ring Parts|
|Toys for sale(some SDCC/Con exclusives)|