|10-01-2008, 09:50 AM||#71|
Btchin RckStr Frm M.A.R.S
Join Date: Aug 2008
|10-01-2008, 09:54 AM||#72|
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Northwood, NH
He wasn't a "member" of BF2000.
|10-01-2008, 09:57 AM||#73|
Btchin RckStr Frm M.A.R.S
Join Date: Aug 2008
|10-01-2008, 10:08 AM||#74|
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Columbus, OH
Recondo didn't die. Major Bludd thought he killed Recondo, but Recondo ended up being undercover in Cobra and came back in one of the last issues.
And so much hate for BF2000! Nobody can even remember who was on the team. If anyone has these guys complete and cheap, I'll happily take them off your hands to make more room for your all-green armies
|10-01-2008, 10:22 AM||#75|
Join Date: May 2008
No doubt that Sneek Peek got killed. That huge retard helmet and the unnecessarily huge periscope. He was a walking target.
Same with Chuckles. Hawaiian print isn't even camo in Hawaii.
DD's HISS TANK TOY STORE: Visit my B/S/T thread for all your GI JOE needs (and more). Shipping is ACTUAL and satisfaction is guaranteed.
|10-01-2008, 10:24 AM||#76|
Join Date: May 2007
1.) Knockdown - K.I.A.
2.) Maverick - K.I.A.
3.) Blocker - K.I.A.
4.) Blaster - K.I.A.
5.) Avalanche - K.I.A.
6.) Dee-Jay - K.I.A.
7.) Dodger - alive. reassigned to Sonic Fighters
back to my first question: How did Mercer die?!
|10-01-2008, 10:42 AM||#77|
Join Date: Sep 2008
Here you go... a Somewhat Complete List. On wikipedia.
List of G.I. Joe ARAH characters - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Casualty list Minus Billy -- Didn't know he bought it till I read this thread.
The following is a list of the Joes and Cobras killed:
* Shooter-A member of the GI Joe team so secret that not even the other members of GI Joe knew about her (the only exceptions being General Flagg and Sparks), Shooter was killed during the first meeting between GI Joe and Cobra, codenamed 'Operation: Lady Doomsday' when she was forced to attack a group of Cobra troops with only her knife. The Cobra fortress in which this action took place was destroyed moments later. The other Joes never knew of her mission or sacrifice, even though they were all in attendance at her funeral. Shooter was initially an in-joke, being named after Jim Shooter, an editor at Marvel. The name is listed with the others on a screen, but the face is obscured by the hand of another character in GI Joe #1. There has never been a Shooter action figure, and she only appeared in the three issues of GI Joe: Declassified, published by Devil's Due comics, and written by original GI Joe scribe, Larry Hama.
* Gen. Flagg – At the time of his death General Flagg was a non-toy character and was the original G.I. Joe commander in the comic series. He was killed by Major Bludd during Cobra’s first attack on the Joe’s headquarters, the Pit in Marvel #19. Although a General Flagg figure was released in the early 90s, his file card listed him as the son of General Flagg. The General Flagg of the comics was finally released with the introduction of the 3 figure comic packs, which included a reprinted related comic in which the characters were involved.
* Mangler – Possibly, the first "Greenshirt" in the comics, he wore nothing more than a simple fatigue. He was on probationary status and therefore was not yet a Joe. He was killed during a secret raid in the fictional country of Trucial Abysmia in Marvel SM#13.
* Doc, Crankcase, Heavymetal, Thunder – Captured by Cobra; by Xamot and Tomax's forces during another mission in Trucial Abysmia. Executed, due to an unfortunate misunderstanding of Cobra Commander's orders, by a blood-thirsty S.A.W. Viper (Robert "Overkill" Skelton), in Marvel #109. (The other Cobra soldiers weren't so eager to do the job).
* Breaker, Crazylegs, Quick Kick – Captured with Doc and the rest. Escaped from the S.A.W. Viper by virtue of a hidden knife. Later killed in a vehicle explosion while escaping from Cobra in Trucial Abysmia in Marvel #109.
* Cool Breeze – a non-toy Joe killed-in-action by a prisoner during a reconnaissance mission in the fictional country Emirate of Benzheen in Marvel #112. His killer was then shot by Snake-Eyes. It's strongly believed that the character was inspired by Will Smith's "Fresh Prince of Bel-Air". Many readers were initially fooled to thinking he was really a new toy-based character because of his unique design.
* Avalanche, Blaster, Blocker, Dee-Jay, Knockdown, Maverick – All but one member of the Battleforce 2000 were killed by Cobra artillery inside an oil processing facility. This after Cobra Commander went back on a peace treaty in Marvel #113. Dodger was the only team member to survive.
* Sneak-Peek – Killed-in-action by Cobra agents in a reconnaissance mission while another major battle is taking place in Benzheen in Marvel #113. He gave his life to protect an innocent civilian.
* Sneak Peek (II) – An FBI agent greenshirt, killed early in the Devil's Due series (non-toy) when Dr. Mindbender's experimental upgraded B.A.T. shot him through the head.
* Daemon - killed by Serpentor in Devil's Due #22 (non-toy) when the Coil leader snapped his neck.
* Flash, Mainframe – Killed-in-action during the second invasion of Cobra Island in DD #25 in an explosion.
* Chuckles - Killed by Coil agent, Overlord during the second invasion of Cobra Island in DD #25. This remains in question, as Chuckles was originally scripted to fake his death against Overlord while Brandon Jerwa was writing the comic, but when Jerwa was replaced by Joe Casey, the situation was never resolved.
* Skidmark – Probably killed-in-action during the second invasion of Cobra Island in G.I. Joe #25 (Devil's Due series). This remains in question, as he is listed as an available reservist in the recent Data Desk Handbook, published by Devil's Due.
* Action Man / Tracker - Assassinated by a Red Shadow agent, it remains to be questioned since the fact that even his assassin calls him by both names. It is commonly believed that the deceased was the very first Action Man, because the assassination happens on a beach while the character is walking with a surfboard. Tracker was cross-country expert. Despite the fact that he was a Navy S.E.A.L. his dossier NEVER shows any interest or background on watersports and in later depictions of the team's roster at the DD's Data Desk Handbook, his name wasn't shown as casualty at all.
* Hardball, Rampart - Killed by Red Shadow agents in DD #38.
* Glenda - Killed by Red Shadow agents in issue #38 of the Devil's Due series. Although she never had a US-sold figure, she was one of the better-known foreign figures.
* Scanner - Non-figure G.I. Joe agent who died saving (and subsequently killing Overlord) Snake-Eyes, Scarlett and Duke in DD #41.
* Lady Jaye - Killed by Dela Eden of the Red Shadows in DD #42. Confirmed dead in DD #43. First major character killed.
* Timber - Died of natural causes and sired a litter of pups in DD Frontline #4.
* Dr. Venom - Non-toy evil scientist killed by Kwinn in G.I. Joe #19.
* Scarface - Killed when he was trapped in the G.I. Joe pre-fab fortress when it was destroyed in G.I. Joe #19.
* Serpentor - Believed killed by Zartan during the Cobra Civil War in G.I. Joe #76 (Marvel series). Reanimated Serpentor is then critically injured by Cobra Commander in G.I. Joe #25 (Devil's Due series). He is later shown to be alive in a stasis tank which is then destroyed by the Red Shadow, Mars Harring. He is subsequently believed, but not proven to be, dead.
* Croc Master I – Trapped in a landlocked freighter under a volcano in Cobra Island in G.I. Joe #98 and later died of food poisoning.
* Fred VII – Impersonated Cobra Commander in a battle armor suit. He was trapped by the original Cobra Commander in a landlocked freighter under a volcano in Cobra Island in G.I. Joe #98 and later died of food poisoning.
* Raptor – Trapped in a landlocked freighter under a volcano in Cobra Island in G.I. Joe #98 and later died of food poisoning.
* Voltar – Trapped in a landlocked freighter under a volcano in Cobra Island in G.I. Joe #98 and later died of food poisoning.
* Cobra-La - Cobra-La never appeared in the comic books' regular continuity, but just like Crystal Ball, Impel's G.I. Joe trading cards includes all of Cobra in the In Memoriam subset. The cards simply state they died in an earthquake in the Himalayas.
* Dr. Mindbender - Trapped in a landlocked freighter under a volcano in Cobra Island in G.I. Joe #98 and later died of food poisoning. He was later revived in G.I. Joe #140 by Cobra Commander as a clone with most, if not all, of the memories of the original.
* Dr. Mindbender's clone - Shot and murdered by Cobra Commander in issue #41 of the Devil's Due series.
* Darklon - In G.I. Joe #146, he was killed by a missile strike on his castle in Darklonia which Cobra later invades.
* Big Boa - Killed by Red Shadow agents in issue #38 of the Devil's Due series.
* Asa Negra - Another Cobra agent killed by the Red Shadows in issue #38 of the Devil's Due series. He is also a foreign-marketed figure.
* Overlord - Coil general who died in an explosion (detonated by Scanner) at a remote base while attempting to murder Duke, Snake-Eyes and Scarlett in Devil's Due Publishing's G.I. Joe #41.
* Croc Master II - Allegedly killed by Baroness in G.I. Joe America's Elite #21.
* Wraith - Allegedly killed by Baroness in G.I. Joe America's Elite #22.
* Zartan - Trapped in a landlocked freighter under a volcano in Cobra Island in G.I. Joe #98 and later died of food poisoning.
* Colonel Brekhov - Killed in Sierra Gordo in G.I. Joe Special Missions #26.
* Horror Show - Killed in Sierra Gordo in G.I. Joe Special Missions #26.
* Shrage - Killed in Sierra Gordo in G.I. Joe Special Missions #26.
* Stormavik - Killed in Sierra Gordo in G.I. Joe Special Missions #26.
* Lieutenant Gorky - Shot by Destro in G.I. Joe #19 of the Devil's Due series.
* Blind Master - Killed by Zartan
* Hard Master - Killed by Zartan in G.I. Joe #26 (flashback scene).
* Hector Ramirez - Killed by Red Shadow agents after informing Joe Colton of their existence.
* Kwinn - Killed by Dr. Venom in G.I. Joe #19.
* Magda - Killed in Borovia in G.I. Joe #145 by Cobra Commander.
* Ophelia - Snake-Eyes' first apprentice. Killed by Firefly in Master and Apprentice #1.
* Soft Master - Killed by Scrap Iron.
* White Clown - Killed in Borovia in G.I. Joe #145 by Cobra Commander side-by-side with Magda.
"Yea, though walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death I shall fear no evil. For I am at 82,000 ft and climbing"
Last edited by Zer0G; 10-01-2008 at 10:46 AM..
|10-01-2008, 10:42 AM||#78|
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Northwood, NH
Ah, hadn't read the entire WW3 story, will one of these days. Glad Recondo made it out alive, always liked him.
Knock Down was the BF2000 guy with the eye lens. I liked the concept, a group of vehicles that merge to form a fort. The execution was lacking.
Blaster was always one of my favorite Joes, in terms of looks.
|10-01-2008, 10:54 AM||#79|
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Monrovia, CA
Last edited by gunslingercbr; 10-01-2008 at 10:58 AM..
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Out of the 164 Remaining Joes, what Joes do you have to have to feel complete?||Starfighter||G.I. Joe Toys Modern & General Discussion||65||10-20-2008 10:02 PM|
|Question about converting Joes into Arctic Joes.||Valo487||G.I. Joe Toys Modern & General Discussion||9||09-30-2008 03:21 PM|
|New Joes Listed ending 3-27-08- Loose Joes, Snake Eyes V2, Tiger Force, Python Patrol||Daywalker||G.I. Joe on Ebay||2||03-26-2008 06:02 PM|
|1982-1994 ARAH Hauls|
|AWE Striker wheels and tires|
|IDW Revolution Discussion...|
|Hisstank RPG Game Forum/ Battlefield.|
|The 460th Greatest G.I. Joe Character of all Time!|
|Just bought a 37 MOC lot!!|
|GI Joe Tread Ripper|
|GI Joe NES game|
|New G.I.Joe 50th 2016 Assortment Discussion Thread|
|The Kohbra La Invasion episode 6: The Flight Of The...|
|Pale Peony ARAH|
|Eagle Force returns|
|Official G.I. Joe Command Team Recruiting Thread|
|G.I. Joe 50th Anniversary Toys "R" Us Photo...|
|Python Patrol Inspired Cobra Fang|
|Announcing Chicken Fried Toys Dime Novel Legends...|
|Michigan G.I. Joe Sightings|
|Who is Tombstone|
|Takara Tony's Retro Toy Meet|
|Modern G.I.Joe Haul thread|
|THE INITIATIVE Dio-Story|
|Cobra troops serial numbers|
|Is ARAH coming to an end?|
|IDW January 2017 G. I. Joe Solicitations|
|Recent Off Topic Threads|
|Anyone using Game of Thrones Ghost (Wolf) for Timber?|
|The CORPS Megathread|
|Marvel Legends Legendary Discussion Thread|
|Legion XIV 1:18 Project: Suits|
|Recent B/S/T Threads|
|Primeconvoy1's Joe's & Other Items on Ebay|
|Jeditazs All New BST! Many lines!!!|
|My Custom Baron Bloodclott|
|CW Rival, Phoenix, & more customs!|
|New 50th line up for sale FS/FT|
|Custom baroness indian jones beachhead duke|
|Custom gi joe|
|Gi joe custom baroness|
|Selling joecon & fss exclusives!!|
|UCSF BST Thread|