|09-01-2008, 02:43 PM||#1|
Her Boy Toy
Join Date: Feb 2008
1) Why did Cobra go neon in 87?
2) During the ARAH era, why were the vehicles better-looking than the figures? I went back and dug through my collection at my dad's this past summer after getting back into the 25th line and my first thought was, "dang, that Rolling Thunder is cool, but that Wild Weasel figure looks silly with that big head."
3) Why did almost all of the ARAH Cobra vehicles after 86 start to become wildly fantastical and unrealistic, but most of the Joe vehicles were still good?
4) Why did the ARAH line mostly suck after 91?
5) Why did Hasbro make terrible, lazy 25th versions of Grunt and Cutter?
6) Why is The Fridge the only figure from 82-90 that I despise?
7) Why did they make Annihilator, TARGAT, and the Razorback differ from the IG color-scheme?
8) Why does every single version of 25th Cobra infantry have to have a different color scheme?
9) Why does a single figure go from 4.88 to 6.99 or 5.99 tp 7.99?
10) Why, as of the first of October, are so many figures hard to find in stores?
11) Why are we getting more Cobra Commanders and Dukes (although the Cobra Commander from the upcoming DVD "Best Of" pack looks awesome)?
12) Where is a 25th Cover Girl, Recondo, Rip Cord, Airtight, Footloose, Dr. Mindbender, Zandar, and Zarana? These are hotly wanted, among others.
13) Why not, at a minimum, an internet exclusive Joe Headquarters and Terror Drome?
14) Will the third time be the charm for a 'classic' Serpentor?
15) Why does Buzzer come with a chainsaw that would make Leatherface blush when he never had anything like that originally?
16) Why couldn't the TRU Cobra Officer come with an AK like the original, since the TRU Officer is most 'classic-looking?' Furthermore, why did the carded one have gray paint apps and the trooper have a white sigil?
17) Would it really have been that much more money to include stands for Crankcase and Grand Slam, a visor for Steeler, and equipment for Tele-Viper? Hell, cut out the redundant Breaker and Serpentor and give us the equipment.
18) Why do the 1st versions of Scarlett and Baroness have hunchbacks and absolutely no ability to sit? Why does the five-pack and wave one and two trooper and officer have the worst crotches?
19) Why Brazil Missions Leatherneck instead of the one most all of us want?
20) What do people do with 200 troopers, 50 officers, 100 BATS, 150 Crimson Guards, 50 Air Troopers, 80 Eels, 80 Snow Serpents, 50 Red Ninjas, 30 Night Watch, 100 Vipers, 30 HISS Drivers, 20 Stinger Drivers, 50 Greenshirts, 20 Para-Vipers, 20 Bazooka Troopers, and so on and so on . . . Do they just go in boxes in a closet? Buy 'em then sell 'em? Where is the space?
Last edited by RockinHard; 10-07-2008 at 11:02 PM..
|09-02-2008, 08:43 PM||#2|
Join Date: Jun 2004
3) I disagree. Most joe vehicles were not realistic at all. Cobra just had more technical imagination.
4) Decreasing interest.
5) I like Grunt. He looks less like a monkey than the original. It is a cost saving measure.
8) Unit markings?
12) I agree.
15) Buzzer had a chainsaw, back in the day.
16) I am glad he didn't. It would be the crappy one from Scarface.
17) I agree!
19) To match the tan repaint of the AWE Striker?
20) When I collected Star Wars clones, I stopped at 528, I lined them up on bookcases mostly in rows of 6.
|09-02-2008, 09:02 PM||#3|
Join Date: Jul 2008
1) Wasn't everything in 87 neon?
2) Some truth to this...same thing is happening 25 years later...big head, small head....couldn't tell ya.
3) I thought they all started to suck after 1986. Could have been my age at the time (I was 14)...but I'm not trying to fill in the gaps with most of that stuff so that should tell you something.
4) That's a matter of opinion....but I agree. It sucked big time.
5) Cutting corners and rushing out figures they know we'll buy no matter what (just so they can re-do them the right way later on so we'll buy them AGAIN)
6) It's a horrible figure. Period.
7) Don't even really know what they are to be honest....don't care to find out either.
8) So you can hand over your hard earned $$$ on re-paints
9) That's the million $$ question isn't it?
10) As of today wave 8 and 9 are starting to peg warm in my area (except the BAT and Serpent of course)
11) Luke and Vader....got it?
12) I'm waiting for them myself....what about poor ol' Thunder? Can't he get some respect?
13) How would that work??? I don't see that ever happening. Although it would be nice.....how about a frickin' Death Star too?
14) (making very loud fart noise)....who knows? I doubt it.
15) I just wish he could hold the damn thing.
16) rush, rush, rush...we'll buy, we'll buy, we'll buy.
17) That would be nice (see answer #16)
18) Turds on legs.......
19) Just so you can buy him again with he is done right next time.
20) It must be nice to have all that money and space. You would think some people jobs are just to track down and buy GI Joe. Then again those are the same people who still live at home with mommy and daddy.
Last edited by 82joe; 09-02-2008 at 09:07 PM..
|10-07-2008, 11:03 PM||#4|
Her Boy Toy
Join Date: Feb 2008
I welcome the replies.
|10-07-2008, 11:09 PM||#5|
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Look at all those questions???
|10-07-2008, 11:11 PM||#6|
Spartan F5 Viper
Join Date: Sep 2008
Why ask why? LOL try bu....
|10-07-2008, 11:22 PM||#7|
Crimson Guard Officer
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Chesterfield, MI
You don't need a bunch of money either, instead of buying lunch all week and a latte at Starbucks everyday, I brown bag it and brew my own coffee and that affords me the extra $50 or so bucks a week to plunk down on some joes.
|10-07-2008, 11:27 PM||#8|
Spartan F5 Viper
Join Date: Sep 2008
So what, I live with my mom and I am 32, screw it, $800 rent in a 3400 square foot house with a 2 car garage and a swimming pool? SCREW APPARTMENTS!
|10-07-2008, 11:31 PM||#9|
victoria fortis elegit
Join Date: Sep 2008
|10-07-2008, 11:54 PM||#10|
Working 2 Pay My Joe Debt
Join Date: Sep 2008
2) I like the figures and each person will have their own opinion.
3) I have to disagree with the response. Actually many Joe vechiles were based on modern army or things in development. There was a thread about this.
4) As said above declining interest in the overall line. Everything becomes stale for awhile and then regrows or dies.
5) Cost saving measures and also Hasbro has been sort of caught with their pants down as this line has done way better then they thought it would. So, they're trying to throw things together now.
6) You lack imangination? The Fridge should dominate!
7) Stores tend not to like to many like items. So Producers try to shake things up so stores don't see it as this is the 10th red and black item....
8) Again to differ them to stores that buy them and to give the Cobra world a little differance so not every figure is exactly the same. Some may want this but a lil spice is not bad. Keeps things fresh and people buying.
9) Yup, as stated above the more it cost to the figure from overseas to the warehous and then from there to the store the more our prices go up. ALSO, plastic prices are going up and some of that may reflect there too.
10) Depends on your area and the faithfulness of your stores to reorder and restock and that Hasbro has enough figures to keep up with demand.
11) NAME RECOGNITION pure and simple. Most people know Duke, Snake Eyes, Cobra Commander and even Destro. Even when the Sigma 6 line was flooded with them people were still buying them (although I think it eventually helped kill the line). But you will always continue to see these guys more than anyone else. Don't argue it won't due any good. Accept this fact and move on with your life.
12) Certain figures you mentioned might require unique molds depending on how they are done. This means those figures will take longer to be made. Ripcord being in the movie is sure to be made, he might just be black.
Airtight- Hasbro might steal the mold that was done here with Wild Weasl and BBQ parts.
13) Plastic costs. If the line is successful I'd look for them, but it will cost a lot and stores will be hesitant to carry something so big. The cost might be a bit much to put on the Internet.
14) This one seems to be the best.
15) He had one orginally. Bigger is better.
16) Okay again, stores don't like the same thing being sold. So if they can change some paint apps. they can go to say Target and say oh no this is a differant figure...look. The fans will want this.
If they put a differant gun in then people would be complaining. truth though is the gun they came with was probably cheaper.
17) They won't cut figures. But Jeremy Pawder of JAKKS (they make WWE figures for those who don't know... or did) explained keeping an accessory out of a pack may only save a penny or two but times that by the hundreds they produce and that adds up. SO maybe you didn't get your visor or stands but that money was invested in giving Mutt his good ol' pal Junkyard.
18) Just early figures since then Hasbro has had the time and ability to make them better. ALSO, remember when these were rereleased there were no vehciles and therefor little need to sit in their eyes.
19) As stated above all in keeping with the theme. I'd expect a regular "classic" Leatherneck in singlepack (or maybe three pack) down the road.
20) Display them. My Greenshirts for example fill in my vechiles that have space, man my machine gun tents that surround my base, run Check Point Alpha, ect...
Hope this helps took me A LONG WHILE to type.
Last edited by Chief CWO; 10-08-2008 at 12:16 AM..
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|just wondering||Dawg99||G.I. Joe General Discussion||5||08-11-2008 02:34 AM|
|Hello just wondering if anybody needs 2 doc stickers?||Dawg99||G.I. Joe Buy Sell Trade||5||07-08-2008 10:36 AM|
|Wondering what this might go for?||biggbenns||G.I. Joe Buy Sell Trade||12||05-08-2008 11:55 AM|
|Was looking at the USS FLAGG and was wondering....||kndy||G.I. Joe on Ebay||7||01-30-2008 02:00 PM|
|wondering about Wave 4||donsegar||G.I. Joe Toys Modern & General Discussion||4||09-22-2007 12:57 AM|
|Hisstank RPG Game Forum/ Battlefield.|
|G.I. Joe 50th Anniversary Toys "R" Us Photo...|
|Modern G.I.Joe Haul thread|
|New G.I.Joe 50th 2016 Assortment Discussion Thread|
|Who is Tombstone|
|Announcing Chicken Fried Toys Dime Novel Legends...|
|THE INITIATIVE Dio-Story|
|Cobra troops serial numbers|
|Is ARAH coming to an end?|
|IDW January 2017 G. I. Joe Solicitations|
|Eagle Force returns|
|Michigan G.I. Joe Sightings|
|Custom parts need/have thread|
|IDW Revolution Discussion...|
|New York G.I. Joe Sightings|
|Pale Peony ARAH|
|Question regarding Heavy Duty|
|California (Northern) G.I. Joe Sightings|
|Outback, Falcon, and OG13 Scarlett|
|The 458th Greatest G.I. Joe Character of all Time!|
|Modern Annihilator custom by Geckohun|
|Custom Gi Joe Black Ops Codename: Snake Eyes|
|Official G.I. Joe Command Team Recruiting Thread|
|Recent Off Topic Threads|
|Anyone using Game of Thrones Ghost (Wolf) for Timber?|
|The CORPS Megathread|
|Marvel Legends Legendary Discussion Thread|
|Legion XIV 1:18 Project: Suits|
|Power Team Elite And True Heroes Discussion Thread|
|Recent B/S/T Threads|
|CW Rival, Phoenix, & more customs!|
|New 50th line up for sale FS/FT|
|Custom baroness indian jones beachhead duke|
|Custom gi joe|
|Gi joe custom baroness|
|Selling joecon & fss exclusives!!|
|UCSF BST Thread|
|......... Plastirama redmack & invasor fullcard up for...|
|Hazard Vipers POC Cobra Shock Trooper|
|WTB OR TRADE FOR: 50th Tombstones|