TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   HissTank.com - G.I. Joe > Yo Joe! > G.I. Joe General Discussion
Home G.I. Joe News Toy Database Forum Rules Register Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
G.I. Joe T-Shirts

Display Case...

Reply Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2011, 12:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
Crimson Guard

Display Case...

I remember there was a thread here a few months back talking about how Hasbro should put GI Joe set up in display cases like Lego does.

Well I was just in TRU and True Hero's had a display case set up! It was a little cheesy though. It was kind of small and made of plastic and it was set up with there small plastic army men and had some small jeeps and a small helicopter. Not only does True Hero's have almost an entire isle side to themselves they also have a display case.

Anyways, because we had been talking about it I thought I would bring it up. Sorry I couldn't find the original post.
——.—..__.···.___..—.-..__._.——.

Gatchaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 03:12 AM   #2 (permalink)
Over zealous Joe Recruit.

Shipshape1983's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via AIM to Shipshape1983
I never thought of that before....but yeah! Why doesnt GI Joe have this?

Chap Mei is willing to shell out bucks for a display but Hasbro isnt?

Needs

ML Rocket Raccoon BAF complete
Resolute Scarlett complete
ROC or Resolute RB body
Benchpress hands
ROC Zartan head
POC Duke head

My b/s/t
http://www.hisstank.com/forum/g-i-jo...le-prices.html

my feedback: http://www.hisstank.com/forum/buy-se...ck-thread.html
Shipshape1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 03:19 AM   #3 (permalink)
They Won't Stay Dead

yea that is kind of weird, hasbro has way more doh, you would think they would be pushing gi joe so much harder, even since the 25th this has been such a poorly distributed line, its jacked up because its the best line hasbro makes, hands down.

vapor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 06:22 AM   #4 (permalink)
Crimson Guard

And by showing them all in action posses with some vehicles and cool backgrounds it would really let kids know what they are missing. If True Hero’s can do it, so can Hasbro and probably do it much better.

Old 09-03-2011, 09:17 AM   #5 (permalink)
Steel Brigadier

jmc2915's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via AIM to jmc2915
they use to do things like this. i don't know why they stopped though

jmc2915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 09:43 AM   #6 (permalink)
Cobra Lalalalalalalala!

During the VvV era, TRU had in store Joe displays with the figures ale glued in action poses, with vehicles and backgrounds.

Honestly, I think the biggest problem Joe has more than anything is perception. When you see a huge aisle full of something it seems powerful and important, when you see literally ONE peg with 5 figures on it gives out that "mhh pass" vibe. It needs to be treated important to be important, so even with cool displays unless it gets some more shelf real-estate I just don't think anyone outside of collectors will care.

This I Command! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 10:59 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by This I Command! View Post
During the VvV era, TRU had in store Joe displays with the figures ale glued in action poses, with vehicles and backgrounds.

Honestly, I think the biggest problem Joe has more than anything is perception. When you see a huge aisle full of something it seems powerful and important, when you see literally ONE peg with 5 figures on it gives out that "mhh pass" vibe. It needs to be treated important to be important, so even with cool displays unless it gets some more shelf real-estate I just don't think anyone outside of collectors will care.
They did have large numbers of ROC figures, especially at Wal-Mart. And even though it wasn't a dio, there were cardboard display cases out in the center aisle for the figures when the movie came out. And fairly recently they had the smaller cardboard displays for the POC figures. It isn't like they've done nothing.

ceraurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 11:06 AM   #8 (permalink)
Hisstank.Com General

Even a setup like the Pirates figures would be nice. Just the figures available lined up to showcase them. I hate the Pirates movies, and the figures don't impress me, but boy would I like to take one of those displays home.

Nothing's obvious when you're oblivious.

Feedback
Stuff I Need
manicmotive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 05:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
Crimson Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by This I Command! View Post

Very true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceraurus View Post
They did have large numbers of ROC figures, especially at Wal-Mart. And even though it wasn't a dio, there were cardboard display cases out in the center aisle for the figures when the movie came out. And fairly recently they had the smaller cardboard displays for the POC figures. It isn't like they've done nothing.

Yes but ROC was terrible so that doesn't count ;O)