Another 4 hours into it....
It doesnt look like I did much, but I added the canopy and connected the back of the cockpit to the main body. You cant see it but I also began working on the very back.
That should exemplify how tedious and time consuming scratch building is. Take measurements, make paper pattern, test-fit, adjust few times, cut the actual styrene, glue in place.. etc. piece by piece.
This photo to give an appreciation of just how small I am working
I also want to thank a couple of fellow Ohio members, Ken and Jeff who have graciously helped me to acquire some of the micro figures
With what these two have sold me and what I got on ebay recently, I should have a nice little diorama able to be put together. I cant wait to see how close to scale they will be!