|02-07-2009, 04:21 PM||#1|
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Memphis, TN
Make Your Own Fencing
Based on Pyro's Dios
1) 3' Aluminum Gutter Guard - Found at any hardware store on the roofing and gutter isle - approx. $2.99
2) 18 gauge Aluminum wire - Found at any hardware store - aprox. $3.45 for a 50' roll.
3) Evergreen Scale Models 3/16" diameter styrene rods - Found at your local hobby store or
Evergreen Scale Models - product #226 - approx. $2.99
NOTE: They make wooden and aluminum rods as well, but styrene is cheaper and easier to cut in my opinion.
4) Your choice of gray/silver acrylic spray paint - approx. $2.99 and up depending on brand.
6) Wire cutters
8) X-acto knife
9) Measuring device - ruler or tape measure
1) Remove the product sticker and gutter tabs (w/ screwdriver) from the gutter guard. Cut in 4qty 9" pieces.
2) Cut the styrene rods in 3qty 7" pieces and 2qty 8 1/2" pieces. Then spray paint and let dry.
3) Cut the 18 gauge wire in 2qty 3' pieces and 15qty approx. 2" pieces.
1) Use the 2" pieces of wire to tie the 7" rods vertically to the ends of the 9" gutter guard. Put the wire through the guard and twist around the rod at the top, middle, and bottom. Twist twice with your fingers. Then use the pliers to grip the wire closest to the rod and give it two extra twists to tighten it up. Cut off excess.
2) Join the two pieces of guard together at the center with your third 7" rod. Insert the wire through both pieces and twist around the rod in the same manner as the last step to basically form a hinge.
3) Attach the 8 1/2" rods horizontally across the top the same way as the vertical rods.
4) Coil the 3' wire around a broom handle with coils approx. 1" apart.
5) Twist the ends of the coiled wire around the vertical rods.
Looking for at reasonable prices:
25th Defense of Cobra Island 7-pack, PoC City Strike Destro, Ren Storm Shadow
Last edited by Freedom; 02-07-2009 at 05:06 PM..
|02-07-2009, 04:24 PM||#2|
Cranky Tanky Says So
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Topeka Kansas Blah!!
tes that stuff is wonderful for fence i have used it in the past great tutorial
custom cast heads
|02-07-2009, 04:43 PM||#3|
JOES BEFORE HOES
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Westland, MI
thanks for the tut, Freedom...looks awesome and easy, the best combo!
|02-07-2009, 04:47 PM||#4|
Join Date: Feb 2008
Nice work! Thanks for putting that together for us!
|02-07-2009, 05:08 PM||#5|
Join Date: May 2007
Location: blasdell, ny near buffalo
|02-07-2009, 05:10 PM||#6|
Join Date: Nov 2008
Thanks Im going to do my whole yard that way. I have a big yard and now I will have this tiny tiny fence.
|02-07-2009, 05:27 PM||#7|
Join Date: Feb 2009
thats pretty cool. id never think of the half the stuff people post on here
|02-08-2009, 12:02 AM||#8|
Join Date: May 2008
Thank you! How did you know I was hoping for something just like this?
|02-08-2009, 12:06 AM||#9|
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Unofficial GI Joe fan site
This should probably get stickied for future reference. Great tutorial.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|can we get a tutorial for casting?||mynameisash||G.I. Joe Customs General Discussion||14||07-01-2011 08:47 AM|
|How To Guide Tutorial: Obi-Shinobi's Swords||Obi-Shinobi||G.I. Joe Customs General Discussion||30||05-02-2011 03:19 PM|
|Cobra Throne Tutorial||pyro894||G.I. Joe Customs General Discussion||8||04-22-2009 06:05 PM|
|does anyone have a good painting tutorial||Zamb0||G.I. Joe Customs General Discussion||4||09-05-2008 09:07 PM|
|Posting Tutorial||daremo||Tech Support and Forum Rules||1||03-28-2008 11:51 AM|
|Stomavik by Vanishing Point|
|Virginia G.I. Joe Sightings|
|The 461st Greatest G.I. Joe Character of all Time!|
|Texas (Northern) Sightings|
|New G.I.Joe 50th 2016 Assortment Discussion Thread|
|California (Southern, SoCal) G.I. Joe Sightings|
|modern styled tiger force SKYSTRIKER|
|Gi joe transformers crossover|
|Custom parts need/have thread|
|G.I. Joe 50th Anniversary Toys "R" Us Photo...|
|Custom Recon Glider by Foxtrot Delta|
|IDW Revolution Discussion...|
|Official G.I. Joe Command Team Recruiting Thread|
|Official Cobra Command Recruitment Thread!!!!|
|What secrets lurk in the filecards?|
|Not Popular Enough|
|2016 Joes thoughts and favorites?|
|Georgia G.I. Joe Sightings|
|Ohio G.I. Joe Sightings|
|Movie Mashup Custom Series|
|TFCC GI Joe Crossovers Revealed|
|Texas (Southern) G.I. Joe Sightings|
|Announcing Chicken Fried Toys Dime Novel Legends...|
|Lt. Daina by Vanishing Point|
|Recent Off Topic Threads|
|Marvel Universe 3.75" figures|
|Kickstarter: Unrustable Bastards 'PowerMaster TFs'|
|Star Wars 3 3/4 discussion thread|
|Transformers Masterpiece Thread V2: A New...|
|Power Team Elite And True Heroes Discussion Thread|
|Recent B/S/T Threads|
|Yojoe77 bst list|
|Nightrattler Sell Page|
|FS: Vintage File Cards!|
|Roland's Buy/Sell List|
|Selling off a large amount of modern era joes &...|
|Fast_Draw's B/S/T thread|
|New 2016 Joes for trade|
|Cobra Commander PaintMaster on eBay|
|FS: 2009 Movie Cobra Commander w/ Hoses|
|POC Cobra Commander Test Shot w/ Hasbro Build Sheet|