TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   HissTank.com - G.I. Joe > G.I. Joe Creative > G.I. Joe Customs Finished Projects
Home G.I. Joe News Toy Database Forum Rules Register Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
G.I. Joe T-Shirts

My custom 1/6th scale(12") GI Joes.

Reply Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2012, 02:40 AM   #1 (permalink)
A certified megalomaniac.

My custom 1/6th scale(12") GI Joes.

I prefer to do custom 1/6th scale, or 12" GI Joes, as I don't have the resources to do smaller scales. And, some of my favourite characters haven't been yet by Sideshow(COUGH!PathfinderCOUGH!). Also, Sideshow charges an arm and a leg.

I'm gonna start things off with my custom Pathfinder figure. Firstly, I couldn't scrounge up the necessary materials to create the hip-mounted machine guns, and the back-pack powered tricked out weed whacker, so Pathfinder is going old-skool with a standard issue rifle, and to cut through those annoying bushes and reeds, a nice long machete.

Most of the clothes I bought off of Evil-Bay. If you can see them, the boots already came with the figure I used to create him, which is the 30th Anniversary 12" Army Heavy Gunner. I selected him because his hair and eye colour combo were perfect. On the show, there were several close-up shots of Pathfinder, and the green hue of his sunglasses gave his eyes a blue-green colour, so it looked like he has blue eyes under them. His hat came with a pack of clothes that I used for another figure.
Attached Thumbnails
My custom 1/6th scale(12") GI Joes.-photo.jpg
My custom 1/6th scale(12") GI Joes.-mail29.jpg
My custom 1/6th scale(12") GI Joes.-mail30.jpg
My custom 1/6th scale(12") GI Joes.-mail31.jpg
——.—..···.__..·.···..__.___.__.

"Radios radios everywhere! And every one of them on the blink!"

Yes, this is the same Pathfinder fan from from YoJoe. \m/

If anyone here is on the FSS and doesn't want their Psyche-Out figure, or can afford two, please send one my way!!! Thanks in advance!!!

Last edited by Pathfinderfan; 10-19-2012 at 02:51 AM..
Pathfinderfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 03:03 AM   #2 (permalink)

Next up, Lt. Falcon.

I started on him before I found out about Sideshow creating their own version, and also because I wasn't sure about him being available up here as he was going to be premiered at SDCC.

The figure I used for him is the 30th Anniversary Navy Special Ops one. Now, I chose himn because his face is similar to how Falcon looked in the movie. Also with black hair and blue eyes, same as Pathfinder. His beret, accessories, boots and clothes I found at the store I go to to buy my vintage figures, and are from the 21st Century toy line. I chose this particular cammie pattern as it closely resembles the colours on the first version of his ARAH 3 and 3/4" counterpart.

I also included a comparison picture of my custom Falcon next to Sideshow's version. I like mine, but I also like Sideshow's too.
Attached Thumbnails
My custom 1/6th scale(12") GI Joes.-mail15.jpg
My custom 1/6th scale(12") GI Joes.-mail16.jpg
My custom 1/6th scale(12") GI Joes.-mail24.jpg
My custom 1/6th scale(12") GI Joes.-mail25.jpg
My custom 1/6th scale(12") GI Joes.-mail83.jpg

If anyone here is on the FSS and doesn't want their Psyche-Out figure, or can afford two, please send one my way!!! Thanks in advance!!!
Old 10-19-2012, 03:15 AM   #3 (permalink)

Law & Order time!

His figure is one of those Power Team Elite World Peacekeepers. I chose him because his face resembles his ARAH 3 and 3/4" counterpart.

Now, his clothing isn't very acccurate, except for the colour of his pants. Those are extra actual Hasbro 12" inch GI Joe pants I found on Evil-Bay, the shirt is what the figure came with, same with the boots. The vest came from another figure, which I am hoping to customize. I just haven't decided who he's going to be yet.

The dog came with the 30th Anniversary 12" K-9 Unit Police Officer.
Attached Thumbnails
My custom 1/6th scale(12") GI Joes.-mail74.jpg
My custom 1/6th scale(12") GI Joes.-mail75.jpg

Old 10-19-2012, 03:23 AM   #4 (permalink)

I also created a custom version of Duke. But I have since decided to change him to Low-Light.

The figure I used to create him, and who will eventually be Low-Light is the 30th Anniversary Army Rapid Strike Commando. He's blonde haired and blue-eyed, so I changed him to Duke.

But since I have two Hasbro 12" Dukes, that's why I decided to change him to Low-Light.

The belt and combat knife already came with the figure, but the clothes and boots are from another one of those 21st Century Toys clothing packs.
Attached Thumbnails
My custom 1/6th scale(12") GI Joes.-mail20.jpg

Old 10-19-2012, 01:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
biscuit viper

Great stuff. Love the 12 inch Joes, wish they were available over here in UK. I picked up a few super-articulated ones and I do like 'em. Your custome are looking good, my favourite so far is Falcon. Like to see more.

hotmitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:02 PM   #6 (permalink)

Well, as stated before, I got Low-Light in progress. Another WIP I have on the go is Leatherneck. Again, some artistic licensing will be taken if I can't find anything accurate.

Old 10-20-2012, 01:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
Proletariat Art Threat!

These look great, man.

TheWilloughbian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:50 AM   #8 (permalink)

Thanks. I'm always checking Evil-Bay for items to make things more accurate, and hopefully I can have Leatherneck and Low-Light done soon.

Also, the 30th anniversary 12" figures came with blank dog tags. What I'm hoping to do is get them engraved with each character's stats like code-name, serial number, real name and rank.

Old 10-22-2012, 01:59 AM   #9 (permalink)
Crimson Guard

those are some nice customs

Feedback for me
http://www.hisstank.com/forum/buy-se...tml#post984342

“Si vis pacem, para bellum”
Punisher .
tycondrius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:59 PM   #10 (permalink)

It's not Leatherneck or Low-Light, instead it's Outback and Ripcord:

Originally, I wanted Out back to be Ambush, but the hair colour was going to be a problem. Plus his facial structure resembled Outback more. The figure used for Outback is a Lanard Ultra Corps figure, and the clothes are from various sources. Power Team Elite, 21st Century Toys, etc.

As for Ripcord, I found a Power Team Elite figure that had the flightsuit he's wearing so that's where it came from, and I figured that since I have a Hasbro redheaded figure, he could be Ripcord. I have another redhead that's eventually going to be Blizzard.
Attached Thumbnails
My custom 1/6th scale(12") GI Joes.-mail111.jpg

Last edited by Pathfinderfan; 12-01-2012 at 01:56 AM..