TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   HissTank.com - G.I. Joe > G.I. Joe Creative > G.I. Joe Customs Finished Projects
Home G.I. Joe News Toy Database Forum Rules Register Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
G.I. Joe T-Shirts

Crimson Gord's custom compilation thread

Reply Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2011, 09:30 PM   #21 (permalink)
Killer Germ

excellent work! love the paint apps and parts choices.
——.—..__.·.··..__.___.-..-._.__.

Jaybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 09:31 PM   #22 (permalink)
So much drama 'n the LBCs

Crazylegs was never a Joe I was dying for in 25th construction, but I would happily buy him if he were released. He was one of the POC guys I was looking forward to when they announced his release, but after seeing the figure today, I was let down a tad.

The torso and gear work well enough, but that head/helmet combo look really odd. I get that they were trying to mimic the original figure, but I like what you did here so much more.

I'm not a fan of the "dirtied" look on my own customs, but I appreciate when people can do a good wash on their figures. This is a great figure, I just wish the grays were a tad lighter for my personal taste, but I'm sure you did it to your own specs, so I'm glad that you have a crazylegs in your collection now, and assume that you're happy with it yourself. It's more impressive looking than Hasbro's, so you should be proud of it.

Mandingo Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 09:37 PM   #23 (permalink)
god of thunder

i like yours better than hasbro's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jettfire View Post
My last action post was actually to moonwalk over the corpses of the fallen from all of the other teams. +6 times.
the odinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 09:40 PM   #24 (permalink)
Im Charming

great work!

OSOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 09:44 PM   #25 (permalink)
Beer Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandingo Rex View Post
Crazylegs was never a Joe I was dying for in 25th construction, but I would happily buy him if he were released. He was one of the POC guys I was looking forward to when they announced his release, but after seeing the figure today, I was let down a tad.

The torso and gear work well enough, but that head/helmet combo look really odd. I get that they were trying to mimic the original figure, but I like what you did here so much more.

I'm not a fan of the "dirtied" look on my own customs, but I appreciate when people can do a good wash on their figures. This is a great figure, I just wish the grays were a tad lighter for my personal taste, but I'm sure you did it to your own specs, so I'm glad that you have a crazylegs in your collection now, and assume that you're happy with it yourself. It's more impressive looking than Hasbro's, so you should be proud of it.
wow, that is the most input i have ever got back from anyone in the customs forum, and it is all appreciated man.
for me the hasbro CL head is oddly shaped and the legs are too huge but for the most part i was surprised to see they were close to the same.
the gray i went with was tamiya light grey and before the wash was almost a perfect match, that's how dark the wash coated it, lol. i learned a lot here though so the future is bright.

Crimson Gord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 09:53 PM   #26 (permalink)
So much drama 'n the LBCs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson God View Post
wow, that is the most input i have ever got back from anyone in the customs forum, and it is all appreciated man.
for me the hasbro CL head is oddly shaped and the legs are too huge but for the most part i was surprised to see they were close to the same.
the gray i went with was tamiya light grey and before the wash was almost a perfect match, that's how dark the wash coated it, lol. i learned a lot here though so the future is bright.
I'm sure a lot of people are like "blah blah, quit typing so much" to my posts, but I feel that if someone took the time to source all these parts, assemble them, glue/paint/repaint/etc., photograph, upload, and write the thread, that the least I can do is give them something more to read for their time. Haha.

I wish more people would write a little more, but I'm not knocking the folks who leave shorter comments. They took the time to leave a comment period, which is respectable. I simply like reading more sometimes.

The Hasbro head is the same as the alternate POC Zartan head, it seems, so hopefully that's just a placeholder. But the head is oddly-shaped, I agree. I don't so much mind their bulkier legs or the torso that's not quite bulky enough, but the face kills it on a "personal" level, since that's the thing that defines someone's visual identity (their face). The helmet/goggles of theirs "works" as far as resembling the vintage construction, but together with that head it all looks off. Yours doesn't.

Mandingo Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 10:33 PM   #27 (permalink)
Beer Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandingo Rex View Post
I'm sure a lot of people are like "blah blah, quit typing so much" to my posts, but I feel that if someone took the time to source all these parts, assemble them, glue/paint/repaint/etc., photograph, upload, and write the thread, that the least I can do is give them something more to read for their time. Haha.

I wish more people would write a little more, but I'm not knocking the folks who leave shorter comments. They took the time to leave a comment period, which is respectable. I simply like reading more sometimes.

The Hasbro head is the same as the alternate POC Zartan head, it seems, so hopefully that's just a placeholder. But the head is oddly-shaped, I agree. I don't so much mind their bulkier legs or the torso that's not quite bulky enough, but the face kills it on a "personal" level, since that's the thing that defines someone's visual identity (their face). The helmet/goggles of theirs "works" as far as resembling the vintage construction, but together with that head it all looks off. Yours doesn't.
well we share plenty of the same views man.
as far as the head and helmet go on the hasbro version, i really thought the might go with something like a special forces operator's helmet, and yes that face really kills it. i also thought they would go with the resolute legs that i used..that was one thing i thought would be used for sure.
either way cheers and thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Crimson Gord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 10:35 PM   #28 (permalink)
Crimson lady of the Guard

samantha's Ebay Auctions
That is very cool.

My feedback Thread http://www.hisstank.com/forum/g-i-jo...tml#post642922

(PLEASE READ MY WANTS LIST, any help finding these items would be wonderful)
My wants list http://www.hisstank.com/forum/g-i-joe-buy-sell-trade/36991-samanthas-wants-buy-trade-thread.html

samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 10:49 PM   #29 (permalink)
Rebel

I actually like your's better.

Saboteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 09:16 AM   #30 (permalink)
Grand Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daver View Post
No way Hasbro is gonna beat that !
Nice work bro ;-)
they didn't

IIIzoeIII is offline   Reply With Quote