|06-02-2008, 03:51 PM||#1|
Join Date: Oct 2007
Hey Guys. I put together some pictoral instructions for changing the nameplates on footstands. Others may do it differently, so feel free to add any techniques or info that I might have missed. Anyway, heres this is how I do it. Its fast and it works well. Sam
Computer & color printer
1. I use Adobe Illustrator but Microsoft Paint will work. Make a black box a little bit bigger than the height of the footstand. Type the name of your figure in a white typeface. I used Arial bold italic. Others have said that MS Gothic matches well too. Print it out on photopaper, I prefer Satin/Semi Gloss paper. Not too flat, not too glossy.
2. Here you can see my printed out nameplates. I just print out multiples with the typeface in different sizes so I can eyeball which one will fit best. You can measure if you wish.
3. Here is the nameplate trimmed down to size using a straight edge and exacto knife. Make sure the ink on the paper is completely dry. I make sure to leave equal space on both sides of the name.
4. You can either trim the edge of the nameplate at an angle (left side) or just at 90 degrees (right side). It depends on how much of a perfectionist you are.
|06-02-2008, 03:52 PM||#2|
Join Date: Oct 2007
5. Take a black sharpie to the white edges of the new nameplate, that will help it blend better to the black footstand without any breaks in color.
6. After test fitting it, run a bit of glue along the back of the nameplate and attach to footstand. Clean it up, make minor touch ups with the sharpie. You can seal the footstand with matte craft sealer if youd like.
Finished product. (sorry for the dark pic)
|06-02-2008, 04:10 PM||#3|
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ordovician seas of Ohio
Cool! Thanks for the how-to.
|06-02-2008, 04:12 PM||#4|
Join Date: Sep 2007
Awesome tutorial, Wyo! This wil hopefully get stickied in the near future.
|06-02-2008, 05:54 PM||#5|
Join Date: May 2007
Location: blasdell, ny near buffalo
nice thanks for the how to .
|06-02-2008, 07:49 PM||#6|
It's the right time
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Boston, MA
Quck & easy
Joe parts 82-90, AWA Remco, EXO-Squad, MU Mrs Marvel var, Ozborne Iron/Cap, var Dr Strange, Kang, Paper Bag Spidy.
|06-02-2008, 07:52 PM||#7|
Birdman of Cybertron
Join Date: Jul 2002
Thanks, I have to get around to doing this soon.
Xbox live game tag: MegaBuzzard My Xbox 360's blog
|06-02-2008, 08:16 PM||#8|
Customizing mecha pilot
Join Date: Apr 2008
Nice and clean work!
|06-02-2008, 08:20 PM||#9|
Join Date: Mar 2008
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Fast Draw||Saboteur||G.I. Joe Customs Finished Projects||8||06-12-2008 11:08 AM|
|Vehicles Firebat & Fang by Shogi (Corps! Vehicle Customs)||Shogi||G.I. Joe Customs Finished Projects||14||05-07-2008 04:55 AM|
|changing heads amongst different series||ckhtiger||G.I. Joe Customs General Discussion||1||01-19-2008 02:15 PM|
|I'm glad the DOC POP is easy to get without destroying the package||smokehouse||G.I. Joe Toys Modern & General Discussion||7||01-09-2008 11:49 PM|
|Zartan's color changing head||Tazzzman||G.I. Joe General Discussion||1||10-05-2007 08:58 PM|
|Official G.I. Joe Command Team Recruiting Thread|
|G.I. Joe 50th Anniversary Toys "R" Us Photo...|
|New G.I.Joe 50th 2016 Assortment Discussion Thread|
|Just bought a 37 MOC lot!!|
|Hisstank RPG Game Forum/ Battlefield.|
|Python Patrol Inspired Cobra Fang|
|Eagle Force returns|
|The 460th Greatest G.I. Joe Character of all Time!|
|Announcing Chicken Fried Toys Dime Novel Legends...|
|GI Joe Tread Ripper|
|Michigan G.I. Joe Sightings|
|Who is Tombstone|
|Takara Tony's Retro Toy Meet|
|Modern G.I.Joe Haul thread|
|THE INITIATIVE Dio-Story|
|Cobra troops serial numbers|
|Is ARAH coming to an end?|
|IDW January 2017 G. I. Joe Solicitations|
|Custom parts need/have thread|
|IDW Revolution Discussion...|
|New York G.I. Joe Sightings|
|Pale Peony ARAH|
|Question regarding Heavy Duty|
|Recent Off Topic Threads|
|Anyone using Game of Thrones Ghost (Wolf) for Timber?|
|The CORPS Megathread|
|Marvel Legends Legendary Discussion Thread|
|Legion XIV 1:18 Project: Suits|
|Recent B/S/T Threads|
|Primeconvoy1's Joe's & Other Items on Ebay|
|Jeditazs All New BST! Many lines!!!|
|My Custom Baron Bloodclott|
|CW Rival, Phoenix, & more customs!|
|New 50th line up for sale FS/FT|
|Custom baroness indian jones beachhead duke|
|Custom gi joe|
|Gi joe custom baroness|
|Selling joecon & fss exclusives!!|
|UCSF BST Thread|