TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   HissTank.com - G.I. Joe > HissTank Community > G.I. Joe Conventions and Get Togethers
Home G.I. Joe News Toy Database Forum Rules Register Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
G.I. Joe T-Shirts

How to get tickets for SDCC 2012

Reply Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2011, 09:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cobra puppet therapist

How to get tickets for SDCC 2012

I've been reading several articles and tidbits regarding Tickets for SDCC 2012. I've read a few times that the only way to get Tickets for 2012 is if you attended the con this year. If that's true, then essentially they are making SDCC into a private club or Private alumni. You can't go next year unless you went this year, and so on and so forth. And as for the exclusives? Well, we all just saw how that goes down. A few get lucky, and rest pay a 300% Markup on eBay. I just dropped over $300 on one Vehicle and two figures.

I've been trying to get tickets to SDCC for the last two years, unsuccessfully. They sell out faster than Zarana at HTS on a Monday. I was hoping to get passes this year, but now I'm reading about the garbage mentioned above. So, assuming this is true, I'm calling bullshit.

If anyone has solid information that is contrary to this, I would love to hear it, I need some good news. I would love to be wrong about this.
——.—..__.···.___..—.·..__.__.——.

cobralalalala! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
ctglinks@yahoo.com 4 BST

CTGLinks's Ebay Auctions
Holy Hell......I wouldn't doubt it : (

BST LIST
http://www.hisstank.com/forum/g-i-jo...-bst-list.html

NEW disPLAYability Stands Website and Products!
http://www.displayabilitystands.com

Like my music page and download some free Mp3's!
http://www.facebook.com/jerryharrismusic
CTGLinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via MSN to MAJOR BLOOD Send a message via Yahoo to MAJOR BLOOD
They sold about 2,500 tickets each day for early birds. They went in about 30 minutes I think. Maybe an hour each day. Most of the others go online I'm pretty sure. The price is going up to $170-$175 too.

I'll dig later when I get home. I don't see them not letting new people get these tickets. I guess anything is possible though.

MAJOR BLOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
"Blindfold Master"

Jinx723's Ebay Auctions
WTH!!!
You mean tickets for SDCC 2012-2015 aren't sold out yet?
I gave up on SDCC a couple of years ago and I don't think I'll ever go again. Too many people and too much hassle to try and get sold out exclusive Joe stuff.

Jinx723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 10:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Dudemeister Supreme

you have to login at exactly 11:30 on a Tuesday workday and try to get to checkout before everyone else or SDCC will take the tickets out of your shopping cart and tell you to go f#ck yourself.

JoeMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 10:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cobra Alley Viper

The early bird tickets sold at the Con were very few and people had to line up at midnight and line up for hours DURING the con and missed out on a lot of stuff. Most of the tickets will be sold online, and that is hell too, if you think HTS was bad, SDCC ticket sales had to be cancelled TWICE on 2 seperate dates when they thought they had their capacity problems fixed, but most of us who have dealt with it with concert tickets, limited toy buys ect already know the game, you might get a ticket, you might not, not the end of the world.

"And I don't want the world to see me, cuz I don't think that they'd understand. When everythings made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am."

My feedback thread: http://www.hisstank.com/forum/buy-se...gonknight.html
My BST thread: http://www.hisstank.com/forum/g-i-jo...lo-others.html

Last edited by NeoDragonKnight; 07-27-2011 at 10:23 PM..
NeoDragonKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 10:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
Iron Grenadier

Well if you pay 300% markup for the Toys are the Tickets 300% markup also on the net?

"Multiquote" My way of saving virtual paper.

My Joe Album

Yea I got the clap... Doesn't Everyone?

MY DAILY HAULS THREAD

OMGUDIED2 FEEDBACK THREAD (Click it or Ticket)

"Some people just want to see the world burn"
omgudied2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:46 AM   #8 (permalink)
Iron Grenadier Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobralalalala! View Post
I've been reading several articles and tidbits regarding Tickets for SDCC 2012. I've read a few times that the only way to get Tickets for 2012 is if you attended the con this year. If that's true, then essentially they are making SDCC into a private club or Private alumni. You can't go next year unless you went this year, and so on and so forth. And as for the exclusives? Well, we all just saw how that goes down. A few get lucky, and rest pay a 300% Markup on eBay. I just dropped over $300 on one Vehicle and two figures.

I've been trying to get tickets to SDCC for the last two years, unsuccessfully. They sell out faster than Zarana at HTS on a Monday. I was hoping to get passes this year, but now I'm reading about the garbage mentioned above. So, assuming this is true, I'm calling bullshit.

If anyone has solid information that is contrary to this, I would love to hear it, I need some good news. I would love to be wrong about this.
I imagine there's somebody you can sleep with.

You just have to find out who.

Some Ticketmaster employee? I don't know how SDCC tickets are sold.

You're not bad-looking, C-La. Don't be intimidated. ;)

Barefoot Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:49 AM   #9 (permalink)
I love ROSS!!!

Might be no point in trying to attend the SDCC to get the toys, look what happened to these folks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edhaskel View Post
Not sure if this had been posted, but pretty funny...if you dont feel like watching it al goto the 11:12 mark

Unreal.

HTS.com's epic failures survivor:
- Slaughtergate 2010
- Zaranagate/StarStrikergate 2011

ROSS - GI Joe retailer of 2010/2011!!! **** - 4 stars!!!

My Feedback Thread
vermillion21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:15 AM   #10 (permalink)
Iron Grenadier

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoDragonKnight View Post
The early bird tickets sold at the Con were very few and people had to line up at midnight and line up for hours DURING the con and missed out on a lot of stuff. Most of the tickets will be sold online, and that is hell too, if you think HTS was bad, SDCC ticket sales had to be cancelled TWICE on 2 seperate dates when they thought they had their capacity problems fixed, but most of us who have dealt with it with concert tickets, limited toy buys ect already know the game, you might get a ticket, you might not, not the end of the world.
This is close to the truth.. I have my tickets for next year 4 + preview. The way I got it.......friends well actually a guy I met at the con and hooked up with H exclusives camped out at 11PM for next day and let me join him at 4am. Tickets went on sale at 9ish. there were people in line that were "privileged" to purchase 4 1 day passes. It is getting ridiculous to purchase passes thank god I'm Military and don't have to pay the $175. for the 4 day. They did the line-up this year so there would be more available online

Grendel is offline   Reply With Quote