Originally Posted by HissCommander
how do i get 25% off?
Here are the instructions, it is no scam, I am currently buying Gold Coins from ebay because of this crazy promo
Here is my simplified version of how it works:
1) Sign up for live.com cashback account, by going to Live Search
2) At live.com, login with your screen name, make sure it is a new session. You can make sure by logging off and logging on again.
3) From live.com, search for the item, SDCC Gold Destro.
4) If everything is working, then you should see "cashback" logo on your screen.
5) You buy the item, with buy-it-now function and you have to pay with paypal.
6) After 24-48 hours you will receive a message from ebay saying you got cashback!
Below is the OFFICIAL INFORMATION from microsoft:
Here's detailed information about how this amazing Cashback program works:
Once you have entered eBay after performing your search at Live Search
, you will see a Microsoft Cashback logo at the top of the page. Note that "cookies" must be allowed, so be sure your cookie filter is turned off if you use one (at least for eBay and while you are Cashback shopping). The rules basically boil down to this (see official rules for more updated facts or more information).
Basically the rules are simple:
1) Each eBay account is eligible to partcipate in TWELVE Microsoft Cashback "Sessions". The maximum rebate is $200 per purchase and or $2400 maximum savings per eBay account. Microsoft also recently imposed a $2500 per calendar year total limit on Cashback rebates per account. eBay rules clearly state that you can buy for ANY purpose.
2) The money is paid to you directly to your PayPal account 60 days after your purchase is paid for and you may do anything you want with this money (including transferring it free to your checking account) or buying something with that if you wish. The reason why they hold their rebates for 60 days, is that they're afraid of a chargeback on the credit card. After 60 days, they realize that it's the "legitimate purchase" and so a few days after the 60 days have passed, they will deposit the money directly into your PayPal account. And used to paying Microsoft for all the software I've bought from them over the years, so it's kind of nice to actually have Microsoft pay ME. Just for shopping... I love it and have personally used the Microsoft Cashback program many times already.
3) A "Session", as defined by eBay, begins once you enter eBay after doing a Web search on Microsoft's Live Search
and afterclicking the result that shows eBay with the Microsoft Cashback logo at the top of the page. This "session" lasts for TWO hours or until you complete a purchase. You do not have to pay in order to complete a session, just commit to the purchase within the two hours after you get onto the eBay website.
4) You may now begin a new session by logging off your eBay account, and returning to Live Search
to do the search again. During a live.com "session", the Microsoft Cashback logo will appear at the top of the eBay page, whether you are logged into your eBay account or not. Therefore, for example, if there is a quantity of four of a $700 item, by just one of these $700 items at a time, and then do the search again, as outlined above, find the same listing again, and by a second item, then log off again, and by the third item, until you buy, the number you need. It's very simple, and takes only 30 seconds each time you go back to eBay.
4) As your shopping on eBay you will see clearly, if the Microsoft Cashback applies to you for each purchase or not. There are reminders throughout the buying process that clearly show you whether you're doing it right or not. When you click "Buy-It-Now" on an item, for instance, even before you go to the next step and actually commit to buy, you'll see the Cashback logo and eBay will actually calculate for your and clearly show you the amount of cash back, you will receive. So as long as you can you can see this savings information before you commit to buy, you're on the right track! When you pay, always use eBay's own checkout links "Pay Now" and, remember, PayPal payment is required. You will again see the Microsoft Cashback logo and rebate amount as you go through the various PayPal payment screens. during the whole process, you can almost say that your "guided by the hand of eBay", thus making the process fairly easy.
5) After you finish paying, you'll get an eBay message which comes to your eBay message center , which informs you that you have a cash back reward waiting for you. Click on the link in that message to link your eBay account to your Live.com Cashback account. This only needs to be done one time. About 24-48 hours after your PayPal payment clears, the Microsoft Cashback Rewards will show up on the Live.com site. You need to fill out a very short form with your basic information which allows the cashback program to process your cashback refunds.
For more information, the frequently asked questions (FAQ) about the whole process: How does the Microsoft Cashback Rebate Program work? Live Search cashback - Live Search
Thank you for viewing this listing!
LIMITATION: eBay limits you to only 12 $200 "transactions" per account (see rules below). So you can't save more than 12x$200=$2400 is if you have more than 1 eBay account. Also, Microsoft's Live Search
has a "yearly limit" of savings of $2500 per year. So you need more than 1 Live Search account and more than 1 eBay account to save more (so for example, you can have 1 account and your spouse 1 account, etc. that way you can save even more than $2400)