PDA

View Full Version : Sideshows Hawk Preview is up!

ultra8294
03-10-2011, 04:57 PM
Next is General Hawk

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=33431&ref=news-scroll

fhersanke
03-10-2011, 04:58 PM
looks great to me thanks for the info

RolandofGilead
03-10-2011, 05:06 PM
Hmm... Is he just now wearing the jacket? I like the face sculpt although he looks a little squinty.

Troynos
03-10-2011, 05:09 PM
Nice sculpt on the face.

fhersanke
03-10-2011, 05:09 PM
maybe he have two looks the first one from the comics and then the jacket and helmet

Mermaniel
03-10-2011, 05:16 PM
I was expecting the leather jacket and helmet...I guess that'll be the exclusive.

Derek
03-10-2011, 05:17 PM
Going to cancel the regular viper preorder I have, didn't know Hawk was going to come out this soon. Looks good so far.

RolandofGilead
03-10-2011, 05:17 PM
I Guess this could work for his original appearance. Although his gear should be Silver and he'd need his nifty GI Joe sweater.

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/1/0/7/7/1/9/0/webimg/440703130_tp.jpg

rosales416
03-10-2011, 05:18 PM
this looks cool!

Colder Soldier
03-10-2011, 05:30 PM
That face-sculpt is awesome.

They must've realized the Joe faces were definitely lacking and upped the bar starting with Stalker.

Xenos
03-10-2011, 05:31 PM
Nothing about that really says "Hawk" to me.

Trooper13
03-10-2011, 05:32 PM
Looks good. I like the old school OD green. I wonder if the pic is just sans jacket, or if some have suggested, it's the exclusive?

I was kind of hoping for an old school blonde Hawk sculpt for the exclusive. Or maybe an older rifle. Like an M16A2 w/203, or M14.

Then again, he's an officer, so for me he really wouldn't even need a rifle. Either way, so far, so good! I like him better then the Viper.

Sgt Humpty
03-10-2011, 06:01 PM
Perfect! Utterly flawless.

OpusJoe
03-10-2011, 06:02 PM
Hawk? Really, come on Sideshow...enough with the general Joes...bring on a character with some character!

GIJOHN
03-10-2011, 06:24 PM
COME ON!!!! Stalker, Dusty, Viper, now Hawk. Im going to need a divorce Lawyer soon after she finds out that I ordered ANOTHER one...LOL. So far I like the looks of him, but I do hope he has jacket as well. Well done Sideshow....so far.

neapolitan joe
03-10-2011, 06:26 PM
Great face, I really hope he has a good helmet.

malcontentman
03-10-2011, 06:37 PM
I am pretty certain that the jacket and helmet with goggles will definitely be include in the complete production blog reveal on Tuesday.

Beckley
03-10-2011, 06:46 PM
Nice sculpt on the face.

They must've realized the Joe faces were definitely lacking and upped the bar starting with Stalker.

Perfect! Utterly flawless.

All this, he may be my favorite Joe yet next to Stalker.
If they made the original 13 it would be epic.

Who needs Duke when you have Hawk?

Jaybird
03-10-2011, 08:16 PM

I have to agree. I think it's a great looking sculpt, but it may as well be any green shirt.

Sgt Major Haley
03-10-2011, 08:34 PM
They are going with the IDW Hawk it looks like.

Trooper13
03-10-2011, 08:38 PM
They are going with the IDW Hawk it looks like.

Which has me hopeful we might see Chuckles, and maybe Chameleon somewhere down the line. That'd be awesome!

Sgt Major Haley
03-10-2011, 08:43 PM
Which has me hopeful we might see Chuckles, and maybe Chameleon somewhere down the line. That'd be awesome!

The Jinx/Chameleon aspect of the Cobra book I wasnt too thrilled about....Id much rather see 1 of the big 3 females (Scarlett, Jaye or Cover Girl) before I see Chameleon.

teemu8
03-10-2011, 09:06 PM

Duke's Sculpt is just as good as the rest of them

Sgt Adrian
03-10-2011, 09:58 PM
nice but easy pass. got my 2 vipers and happy :)

Trooper13
03-10-2011, 10:23 PM
The Jinx/Chameleon aspect of the Cobra book I wasnt too thrilled about....Id much rather see 1 of the big 3 females (Scarlett, Jaye or Cover Girl) before I see Chameleon.

Oh, no doubt. I would atleast say Scarlett, Jaye, and Baroness. As far as the Jinx/Chameleon aspect, I was actually refering to how Erica took over the codename. I'd love to see her version of Chameleon, and Chuckles. However, there are a TON of characters that should be done first. I guess it all depends on how long the line runs.

jwmagick
03-11-2011, 12:25 AM
Damnit. It's been nearly a year and still no update on Zartan.

steelbrig
03-11-2011, 02:49 AM
That face-sculpt looks kinda old but it still looks good!

Aladdin Sane
03-11-2011, 02:59 AM
Looks good.

TripleCP
03-11-2011, 03:07 AM
Damnit. It's been nearly a year and still no update on Zartan.

He looks like he's at about the stage Hawk was 4 or 5 months ago.

Sideshow Collectibles Zartan Sneak Peek Video - GI Joe News (http://www.hisstank.com/gi-joe-news/12-inch-collectibles-7/sideshow-collectibles-zartan-sneak-peek-video-10189/)

Colder Soldier
03-11-2011, 07:05 AM
His exclusive has got to be his gold .44 revolver with scope!

I have to agree. I think it's a great looking sculpt, but it may as well be any green shirt.C'mon guys. I'm sure his goggled helmet and bomber jacket will be included. You two would make perfect Lois Lanes.

Duke's Sculpt is just as good as the rest of themNope. No where near as fresh-faced as he should've been. He looked too lurchy, just like Flint. I'm not 100% on that opinion being I've never had either in hand though.

General Hawk
03-11-2011, 08:35 AM
Did everyone forget this picture already?

http://generalsjoes.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/sideshow_viper.jpg

See Hawk there? Helmet, goggles, and brown jacket. No worries!

(GI)Joe
03-11-2011, 08:46 AM
he looks like a purchase for me! :)

Sgt Major Haley
03-11-2011, 09:17 AM

I was gonna bring it up, but there was this from Issue 25 too. Its a lil dark, since I had to use my phone instead of the digital.

ultra8294
03-11-2011, 09:23 AM
I'm calling it now, the exclusives going to be a swap out portrait of Hawk V1

Trooper13
03-11-2011, 09:25 AM
I've still got a way to go before I start worrying about getting Joes, but Hawk might just make the list. It's going to be close between him and Duke for who runs my squad. So far the only Joes I'm DEFINITELY getting are Beachhead, Stalker, and Dusty.

Trooper13
03-11-2011, 09:26 AM
I'm calling it now, the exclusives going to be a swap out portrait of Hawk V1

That would be perfect, imo.

Xenos
03-11-2011, 10:12 AM
Nope. No where near as fresh-faced as he should've been. He looked too lurchy, just like Flint. I'm not 100% on that opinion being I've never had either in hand though.

Duke's head was perfect. It was one of the few times that he was portrayed as a grizzled old vet rather then a pretty boy, and I liked that.

Xenos
03-11-2011, 10:13 AM

Somehow I missed that picture before. Looks good there.

teemu8
03-11-2011, 11:28 AM
His exclusive has got to be his gold .44 revolver with scope!

C'mon guys. I'm sure his goggled helmet and bomber jacket will be included. You two would make perfect Lois Lanes.

Nope. No where near as fresh-faced as he should've been. He looked too lurchy, just like Flint. I'm not 100% on that opinion being I've never had either in hand though.

I have ALL the joes in Hand...and every Sculpt (including Flint) are Great and just as good as Hawk's

Fred Broca
03-11-2011, 12:07 PM
Can somebody telll Sideshow that Hawk has blonde hair.

sjames90
03-11-2011, 12:09 PM
Looks cool. But these sideshow things are way too expensive for me.

Sgt Major Haley
03-11-2011, 01:50 PM

Really, only the Marvel/DDP version of Hawk had blonde hair. IDWs has Brown. Out of the 19 figures, only 6 had blonde hair.

RolandofGilead
03-11-2011, 02:06 PM

Didn't Hasbro change it so he wouldn't be confused with the newly elected leader Duke?

jwmagick
03-11-2011, 02:31 PM
He looks like he's at about the stage Hawk was 4 or 5 months ago.

Sideshow Collectibles Zartan Sneak Peek Video - GI Joe News (http://www.hisstank.com/gi-joe-news/12-inch-collectibles-7/sideshow-collectibles-zartan-sneak-peek-video-10189/)

Thank you very much for the information!

Tanksmasher
03-11-2011, 03:11 PM
Hmm...version 1? I was really expecting the "bomber jacket" Hawk.

Colder Soldier
03-11-2011, 03:11 PM
Duke's head was perfect. It was one of the few times that he was portrayed as a grizzled old vet rather then a pretty boy, and I liked that.It's the only time Duke is portrayed as grizzled and old. That's because he's not. And what war is he a veteran of? He worked with southeast asian anti-communists, but was he ever really a soldier in the war. I'm thinking he got there when all the real fighting was over and just said he did more than what he really did (like GW). He just bought his way into GIJoe command by being white/blonde. White/Blonde is all you needed to lead a toyline in the 80's. Ask Hawk or He-Man and thank Luke Skywalker.

I have ALL the joes in Hand...and every Sculpt (including Flint) are Great and just as good as Hawk'sDon't get me wrong. I'm not saying all the head sculpts aren't great, they just don't always portray the character they represent all that well.

UMAN
03-11-2011, 03:30 PM
They're really cranking these out this year!

darthdrew13
03-11-2011, 04:01 PM
Wow, Sideshow announced a new Joe figure! The Greenshirt! (based on that new pic)

Hawk IMHO is blonde (Marvel and v1 figure). And if Sideshow uses the jacket, helmet and pants from that preview picture (Viper faceshield) then I'm cool with it.

I will second the motion that the Exclusive version comes with a 2nd head with blonde hair.

TripleCP
03-11-2011, 04:02 PM
They're really cranking these out this year!

Yeah, almost too fast. I hope Hawk is 4th quarter, as I don't want to have to start being too selective..

Trooper13
03-11-2011, 04:58 PM
It's the only time Duke is portrayed as grizzled and old. That's because he's not. And what war is he a veteran of? He worked with southeast asian anti-communists, but was he ever really a soldier in the war. I'm thinking he got there when all the real fighting was over and just said he did more than what he really did (like GW). He just bought his way into GIJoe command by being white/blonde. White/Blonde is all you needed to lead a toyline in the 80's. Ask Hawk or He-Man and thank Luke Skywalker.

More likely Duke did more work by the time he made E-5 then Hawk did in his entire career. IIRC, Duke is SF just like many of the other Joes. So "working in South East Asia with anti-communists" likely means going deep cover, organizing and training a resistance. So I'm sure Duke did his fair share. People have different roles to play in wars. So is it that you hate special forces operators, white people, or blondes? Or just all the above?

snakeplissken1
03-11-2011, 09:51 PM
He does come with his jacket and his helmet with the goggles on it, back around december sideshow had this 12 days of sideshow and they showed a couple photes with like 3 of the new charactors, the photes revealed all 3 of the newest 12" figures along with the background being there newest envorment. They revealed Stalker, The cobra viper, and general hawk, check thier archives.

snakeplissken1
03-11-2011, 10:00 PM
And sideshow still has 2 more they showed but haven't released, the Desert Cobra Officer and Grunt, they showed Zartan's head sculpt thats about it for him

teemu8
03-11-2011, 10:09 PM
And sideshow still has 2 more they showed but haven't released, the Desert Cobra Officer and Grunt, they showed Zartan's head sculpt thats about it for him

Wow! so much misinformation
there is NO Grunt and never was...the character behind Hawk in the sneak video is Hawk without the jacket.

Also, there is no Desert Officer either...only one Desert Trooper will be issued (if you want an officer version,borrow the regular red mask like Sideshow did)

and they just showed Zartan in a Sneak video that show much more than just a head sculpt...wow your so behind-see here
YouTube - Sideshow Collectibles Zartan 12" Figure Production Peek (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nzvSnD-_wsc)

Colder Soldier
03-11-2011, 11:13 PM
More likely Duke did more work by the time he made E-5 then Hawk did in his entire career. IIRC, Duke is SF just like many of the other Joes. So "working in South East Asia with anti-communists" likely means going deep cover, organizing and training a resistance. So I'm sure Duke did his fair share. People have different roles to play in wars. So is it that you hate special forces operators, white people, or blondes? Or just all the above?Duke shouldn't be portrayed as grizzled. Historically, he was added to the toyline to be the public friendly "face". The same reason he was elevated to such a high status when he got there. Good thing he had the right "background" to do so much. The word 'grizzled' usually implies being old and tough. That was never Duke's bag and his fig shouldn't, and that's why rarely portrayed it. He should just be the pretty face.

Now, do I hate special forces operators; Of the very few that I know- No. Most seem pretty cool. Do I hate white people; It'd be hard trying to live a happily if that were the case. What would I do about the one that's always calling, hanging around, and sleeping over? Good thing I like her at least because if not I guess I'd be infuriated all the time. Do I hate blondes; only when they really think gentlemen prefer them. Brunettes are just as good.

I can call them as I see them and I usually do.

Trooper13
03-12-2011, 07:34 AM
Duke shouldn't be portrayed as grizzled. Historically, he was added to the toyline to be the public friendly "face". The same reason he was elevated to such a high status when he got there. Good thing he had the right "background" to do so much. The word 'grizzled' usually implies being old and tough. That was never Duke's bag and his fig shouldn't, and that's why rarely portrayed it. He should just be the pretty face.

Now, do I hate special forces operators; Of the very few that I know- No. Most seem pretty cool. Do I hate white people; It'd be hard trying to live a happily if that were the case. What would I do about the one that's always calling, hanging around, and sleeping over? Good thing I like her at least because if not I guess I'd be infuriated all the time. Do I hate blondes; only when they really think gentlemen prefer them. Brunettes are just as good.

I can call them as I see them and I usually do.

I got where you were going with that, I was just breaking your balls. You seem to be pretty hung up on Duke's appearance. lol Sooooo....you're saying Duke's not pretty enough for ya? Well, there's always this guy...

http://www.toystorylamps.com/images/ken.jpg

all 12 inches of him...

Seriously, though. Most First Sergeants I had were pretty well worn, if not grizzled. I sure as hell wouldn't have called any of them pretty. I would think Duke would be more like Joe's version of "Captain American". The soldier's soldier. The guy who always did the right thing. The "boy scout". Duke in Sunbow was older. Atleast that's how he always struck me. Just the art wasn't very good, imo.

To me, and I guess, the artist, Duke was always the older soldier. Like Stalker. Obviously not as old as Hawk. However, Hawk being an officer kind of cuts down on the "doing the real work", thing for me. jmo.

Colder Soldier
03-12-2011, 08:09 AM
I got where you were going with that, I was just breaking your balls. You seem to be pretty hung up on Duke's appearance. Seriously, though. Most First Sergeants I had were pretty well worn, if not grizzled. I sure as hell wouldn't have called any of them pretty. I would think Duke would be more like Joe's version of "Captain American". The soldier's soldier. The guy who always did the right thing. The "boy scout". Duke in Sunbow was older. Atleast that's how he always struck me. Just the art wasn't very good, imo.

To me, and I guess, the artist, Duke was always the older soldier. Like Stalker. Obviously not as old as Hawk. However, Hawk being an officer kind of cuts down on the "doing the real work", thing for me. jmo.Yeah. I apologize- I didn't mean to sound all racial there either. God knows we get enough of that on this site. I could've just said blonde and you guys would've known what I was getting at. The funny thing is, I like Duke more than the average fan. In fact I'm a fan of most boyscout characters, including He-Man, Luke Skywalker, and of course Cap. And I'm not saying there's no way those characters could become "grizzled", but the term BOYscout sorta sums it up.

Lol. Sadly, the Toy Story 3 Ken does look a lot more like Duke to me.

Trooper13
03-12-2011, 08:20 AM
Yeah. I apologize- I didn't mean to sound all racial there either. God knows we get enough of that on this site. I could've just said blonde and you guys would've known what I was getting at. The funny thing is, I like Duke more than the average fan. In fact I'm a fan of most boyscout characters, including He-Man, Luke Skywalker, and of course Cap. And I'm not saying there's no way those characters could become "grizzled", but the term BOYscout sorta sums it up.

Lol. Sadly, the Toy Story 3 Ken does look a lot more like Duke to me.

I get what you mean. When I was a kid, I wasn't that big of a Duke fan. After serving I have much more appreciation for the type of soldier he was supposed to represent. I guess I just always saw Sunbow Duke as being in his late 30's.

cobralalalala!
03-12-2011, 08:22 AM
Looks great!

cobralalalala!
03-12-2011, 08:33 AM
IIRC, Duke is SF just like many of the other Joes. So "working in South East Asia with anti-communists" likely means going deep cover, organizing and training a resistance. So I'm sure Duke did his fair share. People have different roles to play in wars.

This^^^ I'm a firm believer that Duke is a badass, always was. As a kid, to me he always looked the part of the older veteran soldier. A real American hero.

As an adult, when I read his filecard, it has Special Forces Snake eater written all over it. The part about him being in southeast Asia says "Black Ops/MacVSog" or in more modern times, dealing with Asian Triad Opium syndicates.

nyb3017
03-12-2011, 10:08 AM
Cool face sculpt.