PDA

View Full Version : OMG who does such a thing in stores.

mrbill317
03-08-2011, 02:44 PM
So I took a peek at my walmart yesterday and found a couple of the new figures. Low Light and Destro.
There was a couple of each and guess what. Every single card was heavily folded over to make it no where near mint.

What Douche would do such a thing? Not that I keep mine moc but still.

Python_Puckman
03-08-2011, 02:47 PM
There was a big argument about this a little while ago in another thread. Definitely the work of a d-bag if done on purpose. It is the toy aisle, so maybe it was just a kid

Colder Soldier
03-08-2011, 02:51 PM
So I took a peek at my walmart yesterday and found a couple of the new figures. Low Light and Destro.
There was a couple of each and guess what. Every single card was heavily folded over to make it no where near mint.

What Douche would do such a thing? Not that I keep mine moc but still.It's done to control the scalper population. A scalper can hardly make any profit on a non-MOC toy thus, they'll leave it there.

Buck up. Be happy. If you actually needed those figs to open, they would have been there waiting for you.

I'd love it if someone started folding up all the Shock Troop cards in stores around here.

sharky
03-08-2011, 02:52 PM
Sometimes it's because the case/box the wave came in was crushed thus bending all the cards. Sometimes it's blatant that the corners are bent especially when there is a noticeable sharp bend.

I chalk it up to a few theories:
1) a lame attempt at boosting MOC values by making fewer MOC specimens
2) someone who doesn't have enough money and wants to go back and buy it and maybe doesn't want to stash it somewhere. Bending the card makes it less likely to be purchased by someone else.
3) an attempt to thwart scalpers who may only want MOC figures for top dollar
4) kids

sgcaper
03-08-2011, 02:54 PM
There seems to be a lot of back and forth on this topic. I say it's garbage. There are any number of reasons why this could happen. Unless it was some kid who did it cause he was throwing a fit then there is no excuse (heck even then I blame the parent for not being in control of their child). Any argument about it being to stop scalping etc is pure crap. If it sells that means H makes more. If it doesn't they don't.

wertdog91
03-08-2011, 02:57 PM
God damn kids

sharky
03-08-2011, 03:00 PM
Any argument about it being to stop scalping etc is pure crap. If it sells that means H makes more. If it doesn't they don't.
I'm not quite sure I follow you. It's a theory like the others. It may not be effective, but it could be a reason why someone would think to do it.

Barefoot Jedi
03-08-2011, 03:02 PM
A friend of mine used to deal with this as a Star Wars collector. Where he lived was someone who would systematically bend the corners of cards. He was a carded collector, too, so it was annoying to him.

This was in the days of more heavy Star Wars scalping, though.

Some people get really steamed about it, though.

ArcticCG
03-08-2011, 03:03 PM
What a D-Bag! At least hid it behind the Twilight figs, nobody looks at them! LOL!

Python_Puckman
03-08-2011, 03:04 PM
What a D-Bag! At least hid it behind the Twilight figs, nobody looks at them! LOL!

Yeah. I hide mine behind the Beiber board game :)

Jeffrozup
03-08-2011, 03:05 PM
It's done to control the scalper population. A scalper can hardly make any profit on a non-MOC toy thus, they'll leave it there.

Buck up. Be happy. If you actually needed those figs to open, they would have been there waiting for you.

I'd love it if someone started folding up all the Shock Troop cards in stores around here.

I am not sure if its true about people paying less for loose figures than MOC ones anymore. In fact, sales might be better (especially international) for loose figures because of cheaper shipping costs.

But its hard to say what happened here. If all of the figures were damaged in the same way, it could have been a bad case or how they were taken out of the case and put on the pegs.

Barefoot Jedi
03-08-2011, 03:07 PM

I had to talk myself out of the Jane Barbie at TRU the other day. :)

I really hope they do her in the action figure line. :)

But I digress.

I've actually become much less OCD about what I collect carded, like with the current Star Wars Vintage-style line. I'm not getting them for "value", I'm getting them 'cause I think the cards are attractive so it doesn't matter if there's a dent here, a scratch there, creases, et Peter Cetera.

It's very liberating.

TheRealDubya
03-08-2011, 03:11 PM
It's done to control the scalper population. A scalper can hardly make any profit on a non-MOC toy thus, they'll leave it there.

No, fuck that. That is unmitigated garbage.

And an illegal act of vandalism. You are not the scalper police, no matter how important you think you are.

Barefoot Jedi
03-08-2011, 03:14 PM

And an illegal act of vandalism. You are not the scalper police, no matter how important you think you are.

See? ;)

OSOK
03-08-2011, 03:15 PM
sorry about that

MakWiesel
03-08-2011, 03:15 PM
If it's to stop scalpers, I think it's brilliant!

I like to keep a single card because I like the art, but the other 40-odd figs don't need a card- they just need to stand in formation and prepare to take over the world :)

TheRealDubya
03-08-2011, 03:18 PM
See? ;)

You caught me: I didn't take my meds today. ;)

I just think that's bullshit to sit there and make decisions for future paying customers. If it was my store, I'd be pissed.

This is the first Joe line in a couple of years where I have been keeping a set carded, because I like the card art quite a bit. I don't need them pristine by any means, but a big old crease or tear sucks.

And, again, it's not yours to fold. Which is really the only germaine point in the "should we/should we not" damage action figure/Hot Wheels cards discussion.

Tankster
03-08-2011, 03:18 PM
what i find funny is you actually found them at walmart lol most of my walmarts stopped selling joes a while back and 1 actually had some but its wittled down to two figures

sharky
03-08-2011, 03:22 PM
If it's to stop scalpers, I think it's brilliant!

I like to keep a single card because I like the art, but the other 40-odd figs don't need a card- they just need to stand in formation and prepare to take over the world :)
But, at what point are you only hurting scalpers and not the general MOC collecting population. I would feel bad about crapping on a true MOC collector's ability to get it at retail. I say leave the cards alone and take your chances. I sometimes collect MOC and sometimes I don't. I also decide to collect loose on something that I was going to collect MOC, but I could never find a good MOC specimen in the wild.

A might also add that maybe bending corners also holds the figure and discourages parents from buying them. I know that if I was buying a figure as a gift or whatever I wouldn't want to give a damaged package.

Barefoot Jedi
03-08-2011, 03:24 PM
I'm going to get in trouble one day for vandalizing action figures in a store.

I keep a black Sharpie with me and when I encounter the handiwork of the local repacker, I write on the package DO NOT BUY STUFF STOLEN OUT OF THIS.

THAT seems to get it removed from the shelves. I've taken the stuff to customer service at different stores on a number of occasions and explained to them what had happened and only at Target did the items NOT find their way back to the action figure aisle in the same condition.

So I changed tactics.

Troynos
03-08-2011, 03:25 PM
A might also add that maybe bending corners also holds the figure and discourages parents from buying them. I know that if I was buying a figure as a gift or whatever I wouldn't want to give a damaged package.

^ This

Sgt Major Haley
03-08-2011, 03:26 PM
All my Joes since the 25th started are MOC. So doing something like that would erk me, and make me pass on the figure.

wertdog91
03-08-2011, 03:27 PM
Screw it. If it keeps the scalpers away so be it. Id rather the card be bent and be able to get it than not get it at all

This I Command!
03-08-2011, 03:30 PM
I actually wouldn't mind if people did this so much, as long as the filecard wasn't effected. It would certainly make finding new release figures easier.

sharky
03-08-2011, 03:31 PM

I keep a black Sharpie with me and when I encounter the handiwork of the local repacker, I write on the package DO NOT BUY STUFF STOLEN OUT OF THIS.

THAT seems to get it removed from the shelves. I've taken the stuff to customer service at different stores on a number of occasions and explained to them what had happened and only at Target did the items NOT find their way back to the action figure aisle in the same condition.

So I changed tactics.
LOL! That's great. I would call you Robin Hood, but that doesn't seem appropriate. Maybe someone can figure out what. Maybe you're the Batman of toy collectors. :D

Stryker927
03-08-2011, 03:31 PM
I had that happen but it was only one case so probably just a crushed box.

TheRealDubya
03-08-2011, 03:33 PM

So I changed tactics.

I just take those up the manager at Target and some local chains.

KushViper
03-08-2011, 03:38 PM

So I changed tactics.

Thats a pretty good idea. I hope they don't screw you over for doing that tho...

EduardimusPrime
03-08-2011, 03:46 PM

Kinda ruins it for everyone else, but if it's done to prevent it from being scalped, it can't be all that bad. If I was a MOC collector, I'd probably be more upset.

Colder Soldier
03-08-2011, 04:07 PM
Of course, there are many factors in which a toy package (or a package of anything) can be damaged in a store. But in terms of toy collecting, scalper control is the most positive outcome of it.

And an illegal act of vandalism. You are not the scalper police, no matter how important you think you are.LOL. "An illegal act of vandalism" huh? I didn't say I did it. Any fig I see in a store I need- I buy. Now if I were start bending toy cards, I doubt anyone in the store would do anything to stop me. Not even the real police even though it's so "illegal" according to you (I wonder if the cops have a 10-code for geek rage?). I'm sure you wouldn't say anything to me either, no matter how important you think you are.

sjames90
03-08-2011, 04:09 PM
Dog-earred bastards.

Ako Roshi
03-08-2011, 04:37 PM
Screw it. If it keeps the scalpers away so be it. Id rather the card be bent and be able to get it than not get it at all

Agreed. Especially since Joes are so damn hard to find these days.

spiderpumpkin
03-08-2011, 04:42 PM
It's the humidity.

Colder Soldier
03-08-2011, 04:48 PM
Any real MOC collector should be ordering them by the case online anyway.

And if it's all about "the thrill of the hunt" for MOC collectors that still shop the brick 'n mortar, they should still be happy. If they find a beat up card, they can keep thrilling themselves hunting for another.

chub357
03-08-2011, 04:50 PM
I'd just be happy to find a Low Light figure.

lkoldstone
03-08-2011, 05:00 PM
I've actually seen a case come in like that. No funny business, just the fact that the guys loading the trucks don't give a rats-BUTT what condition the merchandise gets to the store in.

CTGLinks
03-08-2011, 05:13 PM

It does not control the evil scalping empire tho' because they sell for just as much loose as carded...and cheaper shipping on the buyers end too! trust me...I know.

I feel that MOC collectors and scalpers are both on the same level anyway.....but I won't even get into here.

Veedox
03-08-2011, 05:35 PM
Not saying intentional bending actually occurred, but I see tons of these threads -WTF CARDS BENT BY JERKS! - and nobody considers that the box these figures were packed in was crushed during shipping and handling to the store.

Sgt. Airborne
03-08-2011, 05:41 PM
Not saying intentional bending actually occurred, but I see tons of these threads -WTF CARDS BENT BY JERKS! - and nobody considers that the box these figures were packed in was crushed during shipping and handling to the store.

What? You mean the minimum wage employees do not handle the GI Joe cases with the utmost care? STOP THE INSANITY!!

sjames90
03-08-2011, 05:44 PM
What? You mean the minimum wage employees do not handle the GI Joe cases with the utmost care? STOP THE INSANITY!!

Of course this is a possibility. But the sad fact is that there is also some pathetic people who do this maliciously so others can't get a minty card for their collection.

Eighty3
03-08-2011, 05:51 PM
that sucks, but I received something similar from hasbrotoyshop. i ordered 3 Low Lights, 1 for my friend, and 1 to keep sealed and 1 to open. 1 was close to being mint, the other 2 on the other were crap. i don't mind little dings and scratches and bends but hasbro sent 2 that were taped on the right and left side of the bubble. It doesnt show that the figure was pulled out because the top and bottom of the bubble were fine. They used the huge clear tape as well to seal it. I was just surprised on how they sent those 2 figures in battle damaged packaging and all, but since everything was there my friend and I were going to open them and didn't really do anything about it. Great figure btw.

Sgt. Airborne
03-08-2011, 05:52 PM
Of course this is a possibility. But the sad fact is that there is also some pathetic people who do this maliciously so others can't get a minty card for their collection.

There are a lot of reasons why it could be bent, including the MOC anti-fans theory. However, since no one saw what actually happened blaming or saying it was bent with a specific purpose / reason is nothing more than speculation.

I got orders from BBTS and HTS that were bent. I didn't think for a second that someone there was bending cards to stop me from getting a MOC figure.

sjames90
03-08-2011, 05:54 PM
There are a lot of reasons why it could be bent, including the MOC anti-fans theory. However, since no one saw what actually happened blaming or saying it was bent with a specific purpose / reason is nothing more than speculation.

I got orders from BBTS and HTS that were bent. I didn't think for a second that someone there was bending cards to stop me from getting a MOC figure.

It's all speculation. Including the idea that aliens could have beamed down to earth and were having a party in in the toy section and accidentally tipped over a keg on top of the Joe section.

Sgt. Airborne
03-08-2011, 05:59 PM
It's all speculation. Including the idea that aliens could have beamed down to earth and were having a party in in the toy section and accidentally tipped over a keg on top of the Joe section.

Well we know that couldn't have happened, everyone knows that the keg is on the bottom of the Joe section.

sjames90
03-08-2011, 06:00 PM
Well we know that couldn't have happened, everyone knows that the keg is on the bottom of the Joe section.

And aliens probably have a finer taste than beer. But, this is speculation.

Crimson Gord
03-08-2011, 06:12 PM
Yeah. I hide mine behind the Beiber board game :)

i hid a shock trooper behind a star wars nerf blaster the other day while i went to my loanshark for money (my woman).

Magick
03-08-2011, 06:33 PM
Wouldn't mind finding some of those Destros for my customs.. The only Destro I ever see is the Arctic one. LOL

Crimson Gord
03-08-2011, 06:38 PM
Wouldn't mind finding some of those Destros for my customs.. The only Destro I ever see is the Arctic one. LOL

you're down in the dallas fort worth area right? is stock hard to come by?

Weezus
03-08-2011, 06:51 PM
stop whining and buy them and mail them to me, id be glad to hit you with some cash. they dont even sell gi joes here anymore anywhere.

ROC Solid Snake
03-08-2011, 07:01 PM
This happens in my area also. Its strange that it's only the rare and hard to find figures that get left in this condition.

the odinson
03-08-2011, 07:02 PM
God damn kids

that's how i feel about pretty much everything.

rascal!
03-08-2011, 07:13 PM
The stores wouldn't consider it vandalism/remove the bent card items. A long time ago, at TRU I tried to get a discount on a dusty/beat up Resolute set, but they said that as long as the items in the package aren't damaged, they keep it on the floor for full price.

miragearmor
03-08-2011, 07:34 PM
I buy them to be removed from package. I'd buy 'em if they're cards are bent anyways.

minstrelboy
03-08-2011, 08:18 PM
When I worked at Lowe's unloading freight, there would be pallets of floor tiles packed on top of lightbulbs. After riding around in the back of a truck, all that were left of the lightbulbs was a fine, powdered mess of glass, identifiable only by the crushed packaging.

With something collectible like toys, stores should recognize that the packaging is part of the product. Sure, some of us buy these and throw the cardboard backing away, but even as a kid, I cut out my filecards and kept the rest of the artwork. A bent up cardback would have been a disappointment. Something damaged like that should be put into clearance, even a new product.

sharky
03-08-2011, 08:26 PM
When I worked at Lowe's unloading freight, there would be pallets of floor tiles packed on top of lightbulbs. After riding around in the back of a truck, all that were left of the lightbulbs was a fine, powdered mess of glass, identifiable only by the crushed packaging.

With something collectible like toys, stores should recognize that the packaging is part of the product. Sure, some of us buy these and throw the cardboard backing away, but even as a kid, I cut out my filecards and kept the rest of the artwork. A bent up cardback would have been a disappointment. Something damaged like that should be put into clearance, even a new product.
Generally, people are more reluctant to buy a new item with damaged packaging. I remember grocery stores would sell dented canned goods at a reduced price just to get rid of them. But, I think that trend has changed over the years. I'm sure we've all seen the jacked up figure with the hole punched through it to hang on the peg because the hook on the card tore.

KingBiohazerd
03-08-2011, 08:29 PM
I seen this at my walmart a week or so ago pretty lame indeed

Tom-1
03-08-2011, 08:50 PM

So I changed tactics.

That's BRILLIANT. XD

It's like when you see a dirty car - you don't write 'WASH ME' in the grit because the owner can live with that. Instead, you draw a penis on there or write "I SUCK" and they'll do what needs to be done.

Tom

the odinson
03-08-2011, 08:58 PM
I buy them to be removed from package. I'd buy 'em if they're cards are bent anyways.

me too, if everything in the bubble is intact, i could care less. go ahead and bend 'em up, maybe it will discourage someone else from buying a figure i want.

villainsrule
03-08-2011, 09:02 PM
Stopping scalpers is real from what I've seen. Some of the rarest figures I've ever bought over the years have been all bent up randomly mixed in with peg warmers. It can't just be a coincidence. Hell that's even how I got my 25th Flint back when he was going for $40-50.

Serpymatt
03-08-2011, 09:12 PM
I wish I could find even a bent carded one here... no Joes at the Wal Mart where I live.

germ
03-08-2011, 09:21 PM
was there any lowlights left? i still cant find him in my area... any one out there feeling generous and wanna pick one up for me? i will obviously pay you the cost and for shipping!

UMAN
03-08-2011, 09:38 PM
My rule: either buy it or leave it the fuck alone. Those are your two options.

Crimson Gord
03-08-2011, 09:41 PM
My rule: either buy it or leave it the fuck alone. Those are your two options.

i like this answer ^^^^

i bought a para viper that some tried to steal but failed, it wasn't even on the card anymore, it just had the bubble, i payed $6 for it. lol

whiteknight
03-08-2011, 10:05 PM

Me, too.

cobra22nd
03-08-2011, 10:27 PM
I scored a lava pod today. The only one I found out of 4 ross stores in town. The ONLY reason I got it was because the stocker had cut the box with the box cutter. I wish they would do this to all the joes. I don't do MOC, and it makes the armybuilders SO much easier to find. Let the MOC crowd hit up ebay, not retail.

Tom-1
03-08-2011, 10:41 PM
I scored a lava pod today. The only one I found out of 4 ross stores in town. The ONLY reason I got it was because the stocker had cut the box with the box cutter. I wish they would do this to all the joes. I don't do MOC, and it makes the armybuilders SO much easier to find. Let the MOC crowd hit up ebay, not retail.

I think this is a problem with ALL the Lava Pods - they are probably right at the top of the shipping box where they'd cut it open. I have two Pods and both boxes have a slash right down the middle of the plastic window.

Tom

WeaponXCustoms
03-08-2011, 10:41 PM
A friend of mine used to deal with this as a Star Wars collector. Where he lived was someone who would systematically bend the corners of cards. He was a carded collector, too, so it was annoying to him.

This was in the days of more heavy Star Wars scalping, though.

happened to me but in reverse, found the new Obi Wan, card was bent to all hell on both sides. Really wanted the figure so I bought it, and opened it

Lody
03-08-2011, 10:42 PM
scalpers do these sort of things. They are the root of all evil.

ROC Solid Snake
03-08-2011, 11:52 PM
It's easy for the smart-asses who don't collect MOC to make lite of this BS. How would you feel if every new, rare or personally sought after Joe you found in retail had cracks in the legs and severely scuffed paint?

Nightrain
03-08-2011, 11:57 PM
Douchebags are people who go into retailers expecting to find case fresh items. Some of us have Walmarts that don't even carry Joes, so eff off.

the odinson
03-08-2011, 11:59 PM
It's easy for the smart-asses who don't collect MOC to make lite of this BS. How would you feel if every new, rare or personally sought after Joe you found in retail had cracks in the legs and severely scuffed paint?

that's just it, we (the openers of toys) don't have that problem. if moc is really that important to you, you gotta expect the hunt to be substantially more difficult. this shit is too easy to pull off to expect folks not to do it, whatever the selfish/ shitty reasons are.

Ako Roshi
03-09-2011, 12:35 AM
Way back when I was working retail, our toy dept guys used to carry around hole punchers. And when they'd stock the "hot" toys, they'd punch 'em before putting 'em up on the peg. Soon the scalpers stop coming around. But the toys still sold. And a lot of parents were very grateful - especially during Christmas time.

SNAKE EYES
03-09-2011, 12:45 AM
I had that happen but it was only one case so probably just a crushed box.

^This

It doesn't take much to crush the cases/boxes if I see a group of bent cards... then I usually just assume it was from a crushed/damaged box, but that's just me I usually don't accuse people of bending cards on a toy.

Now I have seen people rip the UPC's off the Star Wars figures so they could send in for the Boba Fett figure without actually buying the SW figure, but that is something I know that was done intentionally... and the other well nobody really knows for sure, so why get upset about it unless you actually know it was done intentionally.

Just a little sidenote for those that have never opened a case of action figures... there is no packing material in the box the figures fit snugly in a thin box.

krisk
03-09-2011, 12:52 AM
soo whats worse this or repackers?

SNAKE EYES
03-09-2011, 01:01 AM
I've actually seen a case come in like that. No funny business, just the fact that the guys loading the trucks don't give a rats-BUTT what condition the merchandise gets to the store in.

Agree with both posts.

evilanimation
03-09-2011, 01:04 AM
Agree with both posts.

Its a double edge sword I would rather have bent cards than scalpers. I have found 2 lowlights in town and both corners were bent.

Sgt Major Haley
03-09-2011, 01:08 AM
Sure the cases might get crushed on the truck, especially now when the warehouses shrink wrap everything onto pallets. But when I worked at Hills, and then later at Ames, when trucks were packed like they were building a wall out of the cases, the only things that usually turned up damaged was the dishes/glass ware. We were also told to be careful when unloading.

atomsmasher
03-09-2011, 01:34 AM
I don't know but I absolutely love it. I'm not a mint collector and I have never dog eared anything. I actually make the point to raid other people's stashes as well. It is why I have two Cobra's that and I like him. To get to the point as I'm not a mint collector this allowed me to get some pretty hard to find Marvel universe. I stumbled upon Juggernaut, Kitty, Archangel,Havok, and Aim. I guess someone bent them on purpose but by doing so it increased the chance that I would have the purpose of buying them all and I did. Now however that would bother me as to stop disappointment I keep MU guys mint in package.

Weezus
03-09-2011, 01:46 AM
stop being so over dramatic. its a toy.

maybe go volunteer at an animal shelter or battered womens clinic and rethink what in life is important.

yes theyre fun to collect but at the end of the day its a piece of plastic that isnt doing anything to better you or your life. lol.

ROC Solid Snake
03-09-2011, 02:50 AM
stop being so over dramatic. its a toy.

maybe go volunteer at an animal shelter or battered womens clinic and rethink what in life is important.

yes theyre fun to collect but at the end of the day its a piece of plastic that isnt doing anything to better you or your life. lol.

This from a guy who posts this thread...LMAO

http://www.hisstank.com/forum/g-i-joe-toy-reviews-quick-feedback/51343-cobra-island-7-packs-i-am-disappoint-review-figures-sale.html

cobra22nd
03-09-2011, 07:26 AM

I don't collect MOC, so I don't care. As an aside, this is one reason I don't "help" anybody. The cheap ass on the other end of the deal is almost always a MOC guy, and they never want to pay for your time going store to store looking for a perfect card/pkg.

Me, I just buy what I find and sometimes, if there are more than one I will pick out the one with the best paint apps.

To be honest, there is no amount of money that would make it worth my time to nitpick the package of a toy. I've seen what the scalper makes on what he sells, and I wonder why he does it. I wouldn't. I've seen him come out empty handed more times than I have seen him buy something anyway. And the one time he scalped something I wanted was when scorch the republic commando came out. He bought all 4 at the target and 3 months later returned them for me to buy. LOL.

Mech-Viper
03-09-2011, 07:56 AM
while a MOC collectors cry , I look at my sig and smile

gallifreymaster
03-09-2011, 08:32 AM
I caught a guy bending cards at a local TRU. I asked him what was he doing and he told me to mind my own business. I reported him to the manager and he was asked to leave the store and couldnt buy the cart of stuff he had. LOL that was a good day. I then went through the cart. I ended buying one of the 3 Quick Kicks he had.

GI Guppy the third
03-09-2011, 09:06 AM
We can sugar coat it all we want in thwarting scalpers but the fact is it's property damage meaning vandalism. While it's harder for scalpers to make a buck off of it, it's also harder for the retail store to sell the item.

sgcaper
03-09-2011, 09:16 AM
I'm not quite sure I follow you. It's a theory like the others. It may not be effective, but it could be a reason why someone would think to do it.

Hey Sharky, my reasoning is this, if someone is bending cards to stop scalpers from buying figures then those figures don't get sold. Thus the store doesn't see a profit they cut orders H lowers production or distribution. If the figure sells everyone wins (store makes $ perhaps increases ordering, H makes $ perhaps increasing distribution, and ultimately the fans).

Yes the theory that it is to stop scalpers is a theory but it's a self destructive one. We should hope that figures sell out not peg warm. Each figure not sold is less $ in the hands of the people who make decisions that affect our hobby.

blackman2005
03-09-2011, 09:19 AM
I think MOC collectors would want to get their figures from an online source that would appraise the condition of the carded figure by placing it in a container and have it carefully shipped to them for a healthy fee. I can't see paying $30 for a MOC Shock Trooper just to have it.

The others that care so much about card conditions are scalpers/re-sellers/online douches that are only looking to make a quick profit. These guys live on Amazon and Ebay and charge at least double for the figures. I don't like these guys approach at helping out others so if a condition of a figure's card-back discourages their selfish ways then oh well, tough titty.

Whoever is doing it may have no intention on buying the figures later and may just do it for the hell of it. I've seen here in Maryland that someone is laying the figures side by side on the floor of the toy aisle for no reason! Weird huh?

RogueWingnut
03-09-2011, 09:21 AM
I caught a guy bending cards at a local TRU. I asked him what was he doing and he told me to mind my own business. I reported him to the manager and he was asked to leave the store and couldnt buy the cart of stuff he had. LOL that was a good day. I then went through the cart. I ended buying one of the 3 Quick Kicks he had.

This man is a hero.

sharky
03-09-2011, 09:49 AM
and nobody considers that the box these figures were packed in was crushed during shipping and handling to the store.
It was mentioned several times before you posted that it could be simply a damaged box. In fact it was the very first sentence of my first post on this thread.

CTGLinks
03-09-2011, 10:02 AM
Do not worry folks...there is hope....I found 3 sets of Wave 4 POC at WALMART this morning.....the 4 pegs set aside for GI JOe in the toy aisle was just enough to fit these....AND they were not bent so I scalped them! : )

ROC Solid Snake
03-09-2011, 10:30 AM
I don't collect MOC, so I don't care. As an aside, this is one reason I don't "help" anybody. The cheap ass on the other end of the deal is almost always a MOC guy, and they never want to pay for your time going store to store looking for a perfect card/pkg.

Me, I just buy what I find and sometimes, if there are more than one I will pick out the one with the best paint apps.

To be honest, there is no amount of money that would make it worth my time to nitpick the package of a toy. I've seen what the scalper makes on what he sells, and I wonder why he does it. I wouldn't. I've seen him come out empty handed more times than I have seen him buy something anyway. And the one time he scalped something I wanted was when scorch the republic commando came out. He bought all 4 at the target and 3 months later returned them for me to buy. LOL.

The first line of your post explains why you ought to just STFU...next.

Bravo Sierra
03-09-2011, 10:54 AM
I'll take a folded card Lowlight any day. Shucks! I'd take ANY Lowlight fig at this point. Maybe I'll go back to making one, but I really want a PoC one.

Mech-Viper
03-09-2011, 03:00 PM
since i'm not MOC collector , i could careless about a little bend on the package, so benders are my friends , the asshole that repack now that is a different story

Lody
03-09-2011, 03:08 PM
I really would like to get the scalper's opinions on this. Does this affect re-saleability?

EduardimusPrime
03-09-2011, 03:55 PM
I really would like to get the scalper's opinions on this. Does this affect re-saleability?

I'd like to know too.

GhostGL
03-09-2011, 04:07 PM
My Destro was like that, Skydive's card is in better shape. I didn't mind the Destro card being bent it gave me a reason for opening em! :) I still haven't opened Skydive yet.

the odinson
03-09-2011, 04:07 PM
open them beyotches up.

CTGLinks
03-09-2011, 04:11 PM
i really would like to get the scalper's opinions on this. Does this affect re-saleability?

hellz no, they sell better loose anyway!

durza
03-09-2011, 04:32 PM
scalper control FTW!!!! sux for people who collect MOC tho