PDA

View Full Version : 2nd tier cartoons

PitViper
02-12-2011, 11:08 AM
Ever since I got the Dungeons and Dragons cartoon on dvd I have been on a mission to get more stuff like that. Cartoons that were awesome...but not as popular as say Joe or TF.

Theres alot of em I forgot about now that I've been "shopping."

Here are a few I want, miss, looking to buy...or just wanna chat about. If you can add to the list...do it up!

Dragon's Lair

Mr. T

Wheeled Warriors

WWF: Anyone remember the "official" name of this?

Anyone remember the "Monster Truck" cartoon?

Pole Position

Here's one that wasn't exactly "2nd tier" but I'm not sure if it's "1st tier" either....Plastic Man. Damnit I wish there was a Plastic Man dvd!

Unclassified
02-12-2011, 11:09 AM
i want wheelie and the choppers, hong kong fuey, the hairbear bunch.. those joints kick ass.

Shogi
02-12-2011, 11:10 AM
the monster truck one was BigFoot

How about a 3rd tier cartoon like Turbo Teen? :D

Unclassified
02-12-2011, 11:39 AM
i have to check into the big foot cartoon, my little cus is on some monster truck kick as of late, this would be good news if they put this on dvd.

PitViper
02-12-2011, 11:45 AM
the monster truck one was BigFoot

How about a 3rd tier cartoon like Turbo Teen? :D

I'm offended! Turbo Teen was 1st rate! lol

Well 1st rate for me...I looooooved Turbo Teen!

Shogi
02-12-2011, 11:47 AM
I'm offended! Turbo Teen was 1st rate! lol

Well 1st rate for me...I looooooved Turbo Teen!

:D I remember watching it a lot, but I don't remember if I liked it, or tolerated it

Shogi
02-12-2011, 11:50 AM
i have to check into the big foot cartoon, my little cus is on some monster truck kick as of late, this would be good news if they put this on dvd.

I didn't find any official DVDs of it, but apparently there are VHS tapes:

Amazon.com: Bigfoot And The Muscle Machines [VHS]: Bigfoot: Video (http://www.amazon.com/Bigfoot-Muscle-Machines-VHS/dp/B000CE9IAC)

PitViper
02-12-2011, 11:51 AM
:D I remember watching it a lot, but I don't remember if I liked it, or tolerated it

You mean you never had the urge to spill something hot on yourself and turn into a 2nd generation Firebird? What gives?! :)

I think that was an ABC deal and if I'm not mistaken came on in the same hr as Dragon's Lair...I'm trying to remember what other whacky crap they had going on.

Shogi
02-12-2011, 11:53 AM
I remember also seeing Space Ghost (Not the talk show, the actual cartoon with the kids in space and stuff)

PitViper
02-12-2011, 11:57 AM
Oh yeah, Space Ghost was awesome...I remember almost being bummed out when I found out it was talk show/spoof...I thought we were getting real Space Ghost again.

Then again it had it's funny moments.

You remember the one Hanna Barbera toon that was sorta like a He-Man rip off?....He had a sword sorta like Darth Maul's...rode a horse, wore gold armor...I think it started the "G"

Shogi
02-12-2011, 12:00 PM
Do you mean Black Star or Thundarr?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackstar_(TV_series)

Thundarr the Barbarian - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thundarr_the_Barbarian)

I don't remember either one.

Unclassified
02-12-2011, 12:00 PM
I remember also seeing Space Ghost (Not the talk show, the actual cartoon with the kids in space and stuff)

bleek? loved that show, and thundar the barbarian, loved all them 70's early 80's cartoon express cartoons.. i miss usa cartoon express.

Unclassified
02-12-2011, 12:01 PM
Do you mean Black Star or Thundarr?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackstar_(TV_series)

Thundarr the Barbarian - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thundarr_the_Barbarian)

I don't remember either one.

ha, didn't even know you posted this..

PitViper
02-12-2011, 12:06 PM
No it wasn't Thundaar...damn I checked a HB cartoon list and it wasn't on it.

I believe he raised the sword over his head and blades came out at both ends...

While I search that....Pac-Man (a cartoon and game so great I forced myself to like it's disgusting cereal!)

PitViper
02-12-2011, 12:08 PM
Wow!! Rambo and the Freedom Forces!!

It's 11 AM, too early to bust out my Rambo figures and a 24oz can??

I don't remember how good the cartoon was, I just remember it. The toys on the other hand are without a doubt SUPER unsung.

PitViper
02-12-2011, 12:11 PM
I just watched the Thundaar intro.

Ok, 1st of all it would be RIDICULOUS for MOTU to deny a bit of "influence"

2nd of all...A light saber?...seriously Thundaar?

PitViper
02-12-2011, 12:17 PM
Galtar and the golden lance!!

I found it!!!!!!

Unclassified
02-12-2011, 12:17 PM
thundarr rocked.

PitViper
02-12-2011, 12:18 PM
YouTube - GALTAR AND THE GOLDEN LANCE Cartoon Intro (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPLiSrKRWrg)

Unclassified
02-12-2011, 12:20 PM
there were two cartoons, thundarr, and another. both were he-man type, one had a family and a rock shooting dino, the other had the 3 characters, a chick , the one dude, and a monster, they had horses well the monster guy had some monster type horse. i can't think of the name right now of the other show.

PitViper
02-12-2011, 12:21 PM
Ok, this is legit!

I demand a comic book, toy line and movie...then a toy line based on the movie.

YouTube - DEFENDERS OF THE EARTH Cartoon Intro (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xLKzsynt5I)

Saying I dug this is an understatement!

Unclassified
02-12-2011, 12:22 PM
i had the balck star toy, he had the lighter wheel in his back and it made sparks.

i remeber the galtar theme song more than the cartoon.. that's strange, haha

PitViper
02-12-2011, 12:22 PM
there were two cartoons, thundarr, and another. both were he-man type, one had a family and a rock shooting dino, the other had the 3 characters, a chick , the one dude, and a monster, they had horses well the monster guy had some monster type horse. i can't think of the name right now of the other show.

Herculoids is one...Gleep, the tri-tops shot from his horn. The "rock people" etc.

I loved Herculoids.

Darkseid83
02-12-2011, 12:23 PM
Hurculoids

Darkseid83
02-12-2011, 12:25 PM
I have the entire defenders of the earth show

Serpymatt
02-12-2011, 12:25 PM
Pretty sure the WWF Cartoon was Hulk Hogan's Rock N Wrestling :)

Unclassified
02-12-2011, 12:26 PM
Herculoids is one...Gleep, the tri-tops shot from his horn. The "rock people" etc.

I loved Herculoids.

that's it.. i knew it, just couldn't think.. that dote had flash gorden in it, i'm not sure if i remember that one..

PitViper
02-12-2011, 12:27 PM
I have the entire defenders of the earth show

They released a DVD of it??

Unclassified
02-12-2011, 12:27 PM
i'll take a majority of the cartoons mentioned here over ren or res any day of the week.

Darkseid83
02-12-2011, 12:30 PM
They released a DVD of it??

Not exactly, lol

PitViper
02-12-2011, 12:30 PM
Seriously...this was ahead of it's time.

Comedy, satire, crime fighting...this was a fun as hell cartoon!

YouTube - PLASTICMAN Cartoon Intro (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Urktyb94Rqo)

PitViper
02-12-2011, 12:31 PM
Not exactly, lol

So you wanna meet me in alley way or behind a seedy pub somewhere?

I'm willing to make a deal lol

Unclassified
02-12-2011, 12:32 PM
Seriously...this was ahead of it's time.

Comedy, satire, crime fighting...this was a fun as hell cartoon!

YouTube - PLASTICMAN Cartoon Intro (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Urktyb94Rqo)

plastic man was a lil bit of a stretch, but will never get old.. loved it..

Unclassified
02-12-2011, 12:33 PM
i prefer defenders of the faith over the earth..

PitViper
02-12-2011, 12:36 PM
i prefer defenders of the faith over the earth..

Haha, that was good.

I'm watching Spider Man & his Amazing Friends now.

Count Chocula would make this morning complete.

Unclassified
02-12-2011, 12:39 PM
Haha, that was good.

I'm watching Spider Man & his Amazing Friends now.

Count Chocula would make this morning complete.

haha, yeah tis saturday, ya know.. and that was good, but plastic man being bit of a stretch wasn't? lol..

PitViper
02-12-2011, 12:46 PM
haha, yeah tis saturday, ya know.. and that was good, but plastic man being bit of a stretch wasn't? lol..

That was good lol, I was trying to save it for someone else to pick up on.

Alright, time to stop screwin around and go to the gym...and amazon..to buy some cartoons!

Darkseid83
02-12-2011, 12:47 PM
I had silver hawks and mask a well, but those got lost. I also have thundarr, which is great.

Darkseid83
02-12-2011, 12:50 PM
Anybody remember a show about nintendo game characters, they ride around in bigfoot and this kid had a nintendo game genie that he used to capture escaped game villains. I think Q-bert

Unclassified
02-12-2011, 12:53 PM
when i got into toys in 08, i seen on a site they had thundarr toys. but never bought em, and pretty much pissed i didn't now..

and me too, i had enough of the comp for awhile, i'm sick and feel like i'm gonna throw up, and need to go through records and toss the shitty ones in the garbage, and find out a way to scheme on someones herb.. and get them sick MUH HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Unclassified
02-12-2011, 12:54 PM
Anybody remember a show about nintendo game characters, they ride around in bigfoot and this kid had a nintendo game genie that he used to capture escaped game villains. I think Q-bert

atari perhaps, i don't remember q-bert on nintendo

PitViper
02-12-2011, 12:56 PM

That sounds completely insane lol.

hardcore
02-12-2011, 02:56 PM

it was called the power team
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Power_Team_(TV_series)

LaDracul
02-12-2011, 02:59 PM
I'm surprised that the "Marmaduke and Heathcliff" one wasn't released when the "Marmaduke" film was...

Oh, what I'd give for "Beverly Hills Teens"...

JokerFC
02-12-2011, 06:14 PM
Ok, this is legit!

I demand a comic book, toy line and movie...then a toy line based on the movie.

YouTube - DEFENDERS OF THE EARTH Cartoon Intro (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xLKzsynt5I)

Saying I dug this is an understatement!

have all the toys and the Complete series on DVD-LOVE IT.

I have heaps of 80s toons on DVD.talking about lesser known ones-what about the 80s Robocop toon?(the toys were Robocop and the Ultra Police)

check out the opening sequence-complete with animated Clarance Boddicker shooting Murphy!!!!!!!!!!

JokerFC
02-12-2011, 06:19 PM

!

Hulk Hogans Rock N Wrestling!!!!

like I said above I love 80s toons some other that mightnt be top ties like Joe,MOTU,TF or Thundercats say

M.A.S.K.
Silverhawks
COPS N Crooks
Rambo
Robocop
Centurions
Defenders Of The Earth
Visionaries
TMNT
The Real Ghostbusters
Galaxy Rangers
Bravestarr

so many greats and Toys too.......

PitViper
02-12-2011, 06:51 PM
I wouldnt call TMNT 2nd tier..that's a pretty big franchise man.

Silverhawks...in my opinion was often better than TC and never got as much love!!

I have an ED-209 from the Robocop toy line...I don't remember the cartoon though....I saw a recent one and boy did it SUCK!

GI C
02-12-2011, 07:01 PM
No it wasn't Thundaar...damn I checked a HB cartoon list and it wasn't on it.

I believe he raised the sword over his head and blades came out at both ends...

While I search that....Pac-Man (a cartoon and game so great I forced myself to like it's disgusting cereal!)

I think I found the title.I vaguely remember it:

Galtar and the Golden Lance

I remember it because the voice actor from Challage of the Go-bots was the main character of that series.

GI C
02-12-2011, 07:05 PM

Yes,It was based off of games by the game complany,Acclaim.I think it was called the Power Team.If I rmemeber right it was like Captain N but backwords.The game characters come out of the game the kid is playing into our world.It had characters from Narce,Bigfoot,and a basket ball game.For what I remember.

PitViper
02-12-2011, 11:26 PM
I think I found the title.I vaguely remember it:

Galtar and the Golden Lance

I remember it because the voice actor from Challage of the Go-bots was the main character of that series.

Yeah that was it...but I found it awhile ago. I posted the intro somewhere in this thread :)

pig iron grenadier
02-13-2011, 02:55 AM
Herculoids and Space Ghost are really late 60's and early 70's cartoons..they had a few episodes tooled and aired in the early 80s but they are definitely not in the same era as 80s toons..that's my opinion at least.

PitViper
02-13-2011, 01:37 PM
Herculoids and Space Ghost are really late 60's and early 70's cartoons..they had a few episodes tooled and aired in the early 80s but they are definitely not in the same era as 80s toons..that's my opinion at least.

Nah you're right...alot of that HB stuff is older.

I don't think we were really talking about the years as much as we were the popularity.

If I'm not mistaken, didn't Space Ghost get a small run in the early 80's on NBC?--a revamp?

Owner of a Lonely B.A.T.
02-13-2011, 02:42 PM

Anyone remember the "Monster Truck" cartoon?

Hulk Hogan's Rock n' Wrestling

Bigfoot and the Muscle Machines.

I'm always up for some of the less well known cartoons to come back.

My list...
-Inhumaniods
-MASK
-Visionaries
-COPS
-Jem (yes I'm a big fan)
-Robotix

Black Swan
02-13-2011, 02:50 PM
Yup. I loved Thundarr and the Herculoids even bought the Toynami stuff a couple years back .
Bionic Six and Mighty Orbots comes to my mind as some 2nd tier cartoons.

Dr. Whom
02-13-2011, 03:03 PM
If a cartoon does not have rocking 80's music with synthesizers in the intro and/or end credits, then it is garbage.

Darkseid83
02-13-2011, 03:04 PM
it was called the power team
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Power_Team_(TV_series)

Thank you, that has been driving me crazy for years, no one knew what I was talking about

pig iron grenadier
02-13-2011, 03:15 PM
Nah you're right...alot of that HB stuff is older.

I don't think we were really talking about the years as much as we were the popularity.

If I'm not mistaken, didn't Space Ghost get a small run in the early 80's on NBC?--a revamp?

Not sure of the network..Space ghost had 22 eps and Herculoids got 11 eps I believe.

JokerFC
02-13-2011, 03:21 PM
what about Starcom?or the proto X-men show that was just a pilot?they had some pretty great intros too

pig iron grenadier
02-13-2011, 03:32 PM
x-men x-men this is their day....x-men x-men coming your way. magneto's hordes are on their way to pillage burn and plunder, but there's one team that will not yield the team that strikes like thunder.......

boff123
02-13-2011, 04:08 PM
i always liked thundarr. the show was f'n crazy. mutants, barbarians, aliens, monsters. it had everything.

pig iron grenadier
02-13-2011, 04:14 PM
Hawt witch ladies...

Black Swan
02-13-2011, 04:19 PM
I remember as a kid that the intro to Thundarr the Barbarian

"The year is 1994.From out space comes a runaway planet,hurtling between the Earth and the Moon unleashing cosmic destruction ..."

that was long time away in the future and that it was really going to happen.

PitViper
02-13-2011, 04:56 PM
I thought Silverhawks intro was pretty epic.

And you can't forget about Tigersharks! As short lived as it was...it kicked ass and T-Ray is one of my favorite figures!!

JokerFC
02-13-2011, 06:41 PM
x-men x-men this is their day....x-men x-men coming your way. magneto's hordes are on their way to pillage burn and plunder, but there's one team that will not yield the team that strikes like thunder.......

LOL thats the one!!

lots of folks hate Pryde Of The X-men but I always liked it.I had a VHS when I was a kid with this and the 2 X Men eps of Spidey and his Amazing Friends on there......LOVED that tape.

gonna watch some Spider Man AHAF now......have the complete series on DVD

Dr. Whom
02-13-2011, 07:31 PM
I thought Silverhawks intro was pretty epic.

What makes Silverhawks so sick is the astronomy lessons at the end of the show between Blugrass and the kid.

YouTube - Silverhawks Astronomy Classes - 01 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGqBciaDtNg)

PitViper
02-13-2011, 10:56 PM
What makes Silverhawks so sick is the astronomy lessons at the end of the show between Blugrass and the kid.

YouTube - Silverhawks Astronomy Classes - 01 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGqBciaDtNg)

That was cool too...just the aestethics of the whole show...that damned intro seemed to be moving so fast and powerful! TC had that feel to it too, and yeah I love TC but Silverhawks being in space and all...and really they just looked "different".

TC is great, but in it's own way it has a MOTU feel to it.

Silverhawks was just...out there. I can remember not watching it at 1st, then a few episodes...then being really excited to watch it.

Silverhawks rule.

JokerFC
02-14-2011, 11:42 AM
I wouldnt call TMNT 2nd tier..that's a pretty big franchise man.

!

your right man,I think I listed it because it wasnt MOTU,Joe or TF.

I watched an episode of Starcom and Bionic Six on youtube this morning.....ah the greatness

Ioz
02-14-2011, 10:25 PM
I'd recommend C.O.P.S.. There is a cheap set of the first 33 episodes that comes out tomorrrow on DVD.

JokerFC
02-15-2011, 09:52 AM
yeah COPS n Crooks was excellent.....loved that show.so many were great......