PDA

View Full Version : Official S.K. Omega Update (02/03/11)

Pages : [1] 2

Gyre-Viper
02-03-2011, 11:53 AM
EDIT: WHEN I SAY 3D PRODUCT IMAGES... I MEAN IMAGES OF 3 DIMENSIONAL PROTOTYPES OR PRODUCT... I AM TALKING ABOUT PHYSICAL PROTOTYPES AND/OR ACTUAL PRODUCT.
NOT 3D RENDERINGS... NOT 3D ART.

ACTUAL PROTOTYPES AND/OR PRODUCT WILL BE REVEALED.

SKO is NOT canceled. If SKO was ever pronounced canceled or suspended or implemented scratch and sniff decals or was going to be black in the movie, I would let you know.

_________________________• • •

Due to some rather untimely scheduling conflicts, SK Omega will not be attending Toy Fair as originally planned. HOWEVER, this has given them cause to punch their website into full gear, sooner than later, AND has ignited the possible approach... where they have now considered, revealing new product outside of and in between industry and fan conventions on their website. That's not to say they won't be attending said events, just that they do not necessarily want to rely on said events to put forth what they are working on for future release. So while it is unfortunate that they will not be at Toy Fair this year, they are trying very hard to have the site up and running in full capacity BEFORE Toy Fair in a couple weeks. The site WILL feature 3D product images.

I repeat... the site WILL feature 3D product images.

So let's recap:
-SKO will not be at Toy Fair
-The website will be up and running (hopefully sooner than later)
-The website will feature 3D product images
-SKO is not canceled

Watch This Space Molten Monkey International (http://www.moltenmonkeytoys.com/)

KrymsynGardImmoral
02-03-2011, 11:57 AM
I bet they're canceled.

Huer-Ta
Thanks for the update, Gyre. Here's hoping for great things from SK Omega in the very near future!

Zefram
Looks like something went pants in the production stage. Hope they have samples for SDCC.

Gyre-Viper
02-03-2011, 11:58 AM
I bet they're canceled.

I bet you're canceled.

KrymsynGardImmoral
02-03-2011, 12:00 PM
I bet you're canceled.

No way. I'm totally still coming out.

Gyre-Viper
02-03-2011, 12:02 PM

BWhahahahah. FINALLY.

5h4rK
02-03-2011, 12:03 PM
Cool! good news to me..hope to see some pics soon..

Zefram

Epic. :D

zx670
bwhahahahah. Finally.

lol!

Gyre-Viper
02-03-2011, 12:12 PM
Looks like something went pants in the production stage. Hope they have samples for SDCC.

Nah nothing like that. La producción es buena. Or as the Irish say, (according to Google Translate): táirgeadh Tá dea-

KrymsynGardImmoral
02-03-2011, 12:12 PM
BWhahahahah. FINALLY.

But before I come out, I'll make sure I post like 30 pages of vague art on Deviantart that can leak out slowly and name a prominent Hisstanker as my mouthpiece.

wertdog91
02-03-2011, 12:19 PM
Thanks for the update Gyre

Gyre-Viper
02-03-2011, 12:19 PM
But before I come out, I'll make sure I post like 30 pages of shite, bombastic blog and post pictures of my elitist collection...

fixed.

KrymsynGardImmoral
02-03-2011, 12:22 PM
fixed.

That was just uncalled for.

Saboteur
02-03-2011, 12:22 PM
It's over. Where's the cyanide?

KrymsynGardImmoral
02-03-2011, 12:25 PM
It's over. Where's the cyanide?

Oddly enough, every SKomega figure was slated to come with a Cyanide pill for the people that were unhappy they were O-ring figures.

Saboteur
02-03-2011, 12:29 PM
Oddly enough, every SKomega figure was slated to come with a Cyanide pill for the people that were unhappy they were O-ring figures.

Well. Isn't that irony.

TheRealDubya
02-03-2011, 12:42 PM
Actually, Toy Fare is cancelled.

Toy FAIR is still on though.

miragearmor
02-03-2011, 12:45 PM
It's probably because of the weather that things are being delayed.
If any of you guys ever ran a business or knew anyone who runs one, I bet you guys would understand.

Jmacq1
02-03-2011, 12:46 PM
So what you're really saying is that SK Omega is canceled?

But seriously, maybe they'll make it to Joe-Con, though I would say not showing up at Toy Fair is probably a relatively strong sign that this won't be a mass-retail line (not that I think many of us were expecting it would be), given that the whole point of Toy Fair is to show off your product to retailers.

Ah well, looking forward to seeing what they show off on the website.

It's probably because of the weather that things are being delayed.
If any of you guys ever ran a business or knew anyone who runs one, I bet you guys would understand.

That might very well be true, now that I think on it. This mega-blizzard has really mucked things up in large swathes of the country.

ArcticCG
02-03-2011, 12:47 PM
Thanks for the update Gyre!

But 3D images of there artwork is not going to make me get any more excited...

Gyre-Viper
02-03-2011, 12:47 PM
Actually, Toy Fare is cancelled.

Toy FAIR is still on though.

i always do that. damn it. fixed.

Gyre-Viper
02-03-2011, 12:48 PM
Thanks for the update Gyre!

But 3D images of there artwork is not going to make me get any more excited...

hahahahahah. someone is going to take your comment seriously. just watch.

Troynos
02-03-2011, 12:49 PM
Thats too bad. They were one of the people I really wanted to see/talk to at Toy Fair.

ArcticCG
02-03-2011, 12:51 PM
I was betting on it, Gyre! :D

Cobra-La
02-03-2011, 12:59 PM
As long as that missile base comes out at some point before I die . . .

Kolschey
02-03-2011, 01:03 PM
Thanksgiving morning, 11:21 AM. There are several loud crashes, a long series of curses, and the undeniable smell of smoke pouring from the kitchen...

At 11:36, there is the following announcement:

"Uh..Hey folks...We've decided that we aren't going to do the..Um..regular, conventional Thanksgiving-at-noon thing, but instead do it a bit later...Like maybe at a sort of late-ish dinner sort of time...But we are going to have a great..uh..cheese and cracker plate in the next half hour or so, and there's some beer, and there's some corn chips, mixed nuts and celery sticks too..."

KrymsynGardImmoral
02-03-2011, 01:19 PM
So what you're really saying is that SK Omega is canceled?
Holy shit! SKomega is canceled? Someone tell Gyre...

Saboteur
02-03-2011, 01:22 PM
I think the creators want to keep it alive. I think they're trying their damnest to keep it alive. At this point, it's not cancelled.

But the writing is on the wall...

Zefram
02-03-2011, 01:25 PM
hahahahahah. someone is going to take your comment seriously. just watch.

I'm not even sure I know what you mean by 3D images. Are we talking about computer renders that will be used to produce the molds, or pictures of actual product from every angle, or something I'm going to need red and blue glasses for?

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy302/zeframmann/Random/doctorwho3d460.jpg

Gyre-Viper
02-03-2011, 01:29 PM
I'm not even sure I know what you mean by 3D images. Are we talking about computer renders that will be used to produce the molds, or pictures of actual product from every angle, or something I'm going to need red and blue glasses for?

3D product images... as in images of product that is three dimensional... protoypes, test-shots, actual product, etc. as in not the 2D art and mock up art that we've seen previously. as in objects you could touch if you were on the other side of the camera. NOT like 3D like 3D glasses 3D.

ArcticCG

I would assume a gif that you can move around with your mouse, with pics of every angle.

I love the Dr. Who pic! You have a Pic for every comment!

KingBiohazerd
Getting bored of this till I start seeing actual product I'm no longer paying attention out of sight out of mind!!

Steel Brigade
02-03-2011, 01:33 PM

LOL!! That's awesome.
Thanks for the update Goggles... I can't wait to see the 3D product!!

xSwamiJayx
02-03-2011, 01:33 PM
SK Omega: just something else for Gyre to ruin.

DPrime
02-03-2011, 01:40 PM

I'm hoping mock-ups/protos, but I bet they're just 3D renderings... :(

Thanks for the news Gyre! Still optimistic about these, and looking forward!

Kolschey
02-03-2011, 01:45 PM

Exactly what I was wondering. There's a huge difference between a 3D image used for concept art, animation, or still renders, versus a 3D image derived from a true watertight CAD file for tooling. This is why the absence of actual physical samples at Toyfair is disconcerting.

The first kind of 3D image is great as basic concept art- a sort of high tech version of the concept drawings and pre-visualization that we've seen here from their Deviant Art site of character and vehicle models. What that does not show is whether said concept is feasible for affordable manufacture and production. As an example, I make 3D models based on my scratcbuilt/kitbashed sculptures, but the files I make are exclusively for renders and animation. These are not objects that would be ready for rapid prototyping, and If I wanted to make any of these into toys I would still need for an engineer to put in a great deal of work figuring out how to create the molds, where the fasteners would be, and so forth.

What I am seeing right now is that they have some nice concept drawings, and a cool scratchbuilt mock-up of a playset. That's a good start. What it does not show, however, is whether they have succeeded in working out the balance of costs and engineering to be able to effectively bring these products to market. If the 3D images that they put up are like the ones that I use for my comic illustration, then this still does not substitute effectively for showing that they have their manufacturing processes effectively worked out.

I would like to see them succeed. The initial designs are certainly compelling, and the toy industry really needs some cool new ideas, but they also need to be able to make those ideas concrete, as finished products that can be manufactured and distributed effectively.

Gyre-Viper
02-03-2011, 01:51 PM
I'm hoping mock-ups/protos, but I bet they're just 3D renderings... :(

Thanks for the news Gyre! Still optimistic about these, and looking forward!

Exactly what I was wondering. There's a huge difference between a 3D image used for concept art, animation, or still renders, versus a 3D image derived from a true watertight CAD file for tooling. This is why the absence of actual physical samples at Toyfair is disconcerting.

The first kind of 3D image is great as basic concept art- a sort of high tech version of the concept drawings and pre-visualization that we've seen here from their Deviant Art site of character and vehicle models. What that does not show is whether said concept is feasible for affordable manufacture and production. As an example, I make 3D models based on my scratcbuilt/kitbashed sculptures, but the files I make are exclusively for renders and animation. These are not objects that would be ready for rapid prototyping, and If I wanted to make any of these into toys I would still need for an engineer to put in a great deal of work figuring out how to create the molds, where the fasteners would be, and so forth.

What I am seeing right now is that they have some nice concept drawings, and a cool scratchbuilt mock-up of a playset. That's a good start. What it does not show, however, is whether they have succeeded in working out the balance of costs and engineering to be able to effectively bring these products to market. If the 3D images that they put up are like the ones that I use for my comic illustration, then this still does not substitute effectively for showing that they have their manufacturing processes effectively worked out.

I would like to see them succeed. The initial designs are certainly compelling, and the toy industry really needs some cool new ideas, but they also need to be able to make those ideas concrete, as finished products that can be manufactured and distributed effectively.

AS PREVIOUSLY STATED

by 3D I MEAN ACTUAL PROTOTYPES OR ACTUAL PRODUCT. NOT RENDERINGS.

Troynos
02-03-2011, 01:55 PM
Come on Goggles, you know people don't read :)

TYPHUS
02-03-2011, 01:56 PM
Getting bored of this till I start seeing actual product I'm no longer paying attention out of sight out of mind!!

This. Im actually interested in this line despite the dreaded O-ring bombshell,but seriously,still nothing but concept art,character names and whispers on a toy website??surely there must be a test shot or something they could show us?? Eventually the hype will overtake the product or people will just stop caring!!!

I appreciate the post gyre,and you know im always super-stoked for your exclusives but an update of nothing is still....well nothing!!!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF TOYS GIVE US SOMETHING SOLID TO LOOK AT DAMMIT!!!

Kungfuguy
02-03-2011, 01:56 PM
I think SKO prematurely announced their toy line when they had nothing to show except for artwork. Lots of hype and skyhigh expectations are dashed. Vaporware really. Take a lesson from Steve Jobs: Show the actual product. Announce a price. Announce the shipping date

Kolschey
02-03-2011, 02:02 PM
AS PREVIOUSLY STATED

Right then. I think we crossposted, that is, you edited as I drafted my comment.

I then look hope that I may look forward to seeing said prototypes and product. Let's hope that the current Toy Fair experience is just a minor stumble along the way.

CrimsonGuard101
02-03-2011, 02:10 PM
Thats fine if SKomega ends up web based only or online etailers (be cool if they had htier own webstore to bloe HTS.com outta the water), would be a better way then trying to get the asshats at target/TRU/Walmart bought into it. They are all snobbish on war toys anyway. As long as BBTS supports its all good!

KrymsynGardImmoral
02-03-2011, 02:14 PM
OK, so let me get this straight...The SKomega line IS canceled, but the art of the 3d rendered prototypes ISN'T canceled?

Gyre-Viper
02-03-2011, 02:16 PM
OK, so let me get this straight...The SKomega line IS canceled, but the art of the 3d rendered prototypes ISN'T canceled?

I know where you live, and I've seen where you sleep...

CrimsonGuard101
02-03-2011, 02:17 PM

Their PLANS to attend these trade shows are CANCELLED..the Line is not as of yet and will debut on thier website. That is how I read what is stated here. Anything else is pure specualtion. Why would they ramp up thier plans for website production if they cancelled thier line?

DPrime
02-03-2011, 02:25 PM
AS PREVIOUSLY STATED

Come on Goggles, you know people don't read :)

Oops! Sorry, yeah, must have just been scanning.

Watching "Big Bang Theory" on my computer at the same time, d'oh!

Actual products = AWESOME!

Shin Densetsu
02-03-2011, 02:29 PM
I bet they're canceled.

...AND Sigma 6 Mission scale

KrymsynGardImmoral
02-03-2011, 02:29 PM

I don't understand why they canceled the line? Did you really ruin it? Why would you do that?

DPrime
02-03-2011, 02:31 PM
Thats fine if SKomega ends up web based only or online etailers (be cool if they had htier own webstore to bloe HTS.com outta the water), would be a better way then trying to get the asshats at target/TRU/Walmart bought into it. They are all snobbish on war toys anyway. As long as BBTS supports its all good!

Agreed, screw retail stores.

Gyre-Viper
02-03-2011, 02:31 PM
I don't understand why they canceled the line? Did you really ruin it? Why would you do that?

Basically, they refused to call the line Gyre's Vipers and so they had to go.

Wry1
02-03-2011, 02:32 PM
Bummed we're not going to see anything at Toy Fair, more than stoked their website will finally be up and running. To me, I dunno...seems like good news.

CrimsonGuard101
02-03-2011, 02:37 PM
Bummed we're not going to see anything at Toy Fair, more than stoked their website will finally be up and running. To me, I dunno...seems like good news.

YEah I think its better then hearing "plans have been put on hold indefinetly" or something. How much does it cost for these vendors to go to these toy fairs? Maybe they could not get enough funds together and deicded it would be better to get the website up earlier then planned instead of delaying that to try and rush into the fairs?

fireflyguy
02-03-2011, 02:38 PM
I just added the website to my links bar on my mac. I'll be checking DAILY. Can't wait to see pics.

Shin Densetsu
02-03-2011, 02:47 PM

Look at it this way though. Sideshow Toys posts images and info up on their upcoming products on their site during the week of Toy Fair, in lieu of actually attending. Forgot what their event is called.

In any case the average fan is not able to attend Toy Fair, only media outlets, corporate buyers, and employees from toy manufacturers. So most of the images/info from Toy Fair is released via online and magazines.

If MMI has their updated and ready to go before Toy Fair, they can make up for their absence at Toy Fair by having images/info up during the week of Toy Fair. So for the average fan, you won't really miss anything since the stuff may be up on MMI's site. As for retailers and whatnot, there are still ways to get SKO out there, and at this point, it's point of no return.

Be patient, and if this gives more time for Guy Cassaday to work on the vehicles then so be it! He hasn't lost his touch, in fact his work may be significantly more innovative now than it was when we were kids.

Zefram
02-03-2011, 02:53 PM
Is it me, or has the Grackle taken a severe downturn in badassitude?

kneroh
02-03-2011, 02:55 PM
Great to see some Omega news! THANKS GYRE!

Wry1
02-03-2011, 02:58 PM
Look at it this way though. Sideshow Toys posts images and info up on their upcoming products on their site during the week of Toy Fair, in lieu of actually attending. Forgot what their event is called.

In any case the average fan is not able to attend Toy Fair, only media outlets, corporate buyers, and employees from toy manufacturers. So most of the images/info from Toy Fair is released via online and magazines.

If MMI has their updated and ready to go before Toy Fair, they can make up for their absence at Toy Fair by having images/info up during the week of Toy Fair. So for the average fan, you won't really miss anything since the stuff may be up on MMI's site. As for retailers and whatnot, there are still ways to get SKO out there, and at this point, it's point of no return.

Be patient, and if this gives more time for Guy Cassaday to work on the vehicles then so be it! He hasn't lost his touch, in fact his work may be significantly more innovative now than it was when we were kids.

Um....yeah man, that's what I meant by "seems like good news". I've definitely been trying to be patient, the fact that they're finally getting their site going and we may be able to see some actual product is pure awesome! Hell it's not like I'm going to Toy Fair, more bummed for them, sounds like a fun place to geek out.

Shin Densetsu
02-03-2011, 03:03 PM

It might just be the way Rahll drew it. For example, check out his drawing of the Owl compared to the 1st ones we saw. The 1st ones looked better IMHO.

Jmacq1
02-03-2011, 03:15 PM

Yeah, it ain't just you, and I'm suspecting that new image is likely more indicative of the final product we'll end up with. It certainly looks more "toyetic." Original concepts often get tweaked and altered to suit the realities and needs of the industry, after all.

Troynos
02-03-2011, 03:23 PM
It might just be the way Rahll drew it. For example, check out his drawing of the Owl compared to the 1st ones we saw. The 1st ones looked better IMHO.

Or it could be the changes that happen when going from concept to toy.

In both cases, it's the 2nd one that looks "less", so I'd be more inclined to think it's changes that need to happen to go from concept to toy.

Which is why I always was saying for people to chill out over the concept designs because the final product more often then not doesn't look like the original concept. Not to say that the final product won't be cool, it probably will be.

The guys behind SK have been through the process before. They know that there's a give and take in going from "concept" to "final". They've been through it with Joe.

So I have faith that they know what they have to change and still come out with something that is very cool.

It's more harmful for the fans to go apeshit over the concepts and end up being disappointed in the final.

Why not calm down a bit, enjoy the art for what it is, CONCEPTS, and look forward to seeing what the final product is and then go apeshit.

DPrime
02-03-2011, 03:37 PM

Am I missing something? Where's the pic?

All the website has for me is a monkey logo and "coming soon".

Troynos
02-03-2011, 03:39 PM

It's on the front page here in the news item.

Zartanman
02-03-2011, 03:45 PM
I must be new here because I have no clue about any of this. What is SK Omega?

DPrime
02-03-2011, 03:48 PM
It's on the front page here in the news item.

D'oh, thanks.

I don't know, looks alright to me still. The wings look oddly "thick", but that may just be screwy perspective/art.

Shin Densetsu
02-03-2011, 04:00 PM

1st images of the Grackle/Owl are here:
Molten Monkey International SK Omega Recent Artwork - GI Joe News (http://www.hisstank.com/gi-joe-news/compatible-military-toys-20/molten-monkey-international-sk-omega-recent-artwork-9807/)

At this point, I think they are more indicative of the final product.

The later Owl and Grackle images respectively, by Rahll, are here:
SK Omega The Owl - GI Joe News (http://www.hisstank.com/gi-joe-news/compatible-military-toys-20/sk-omega-the-owl-9980/)
SK Omega February 2011 Update - GI Joe News (http://www.hisstank.com/gi-joe-news/compatible-military-toys-20/sk-omega-february-2011-update-10129/)

The later image of the Owl makes the Owl look more compressed, and leaves out some of the details seen in the early image. Maybe the artists just chose to depict them differently? I dunno. Could be like the time Herbe Trimpe confused F-15 references with F-14 references when he drew the Skystriker in the Marvel run. The 1st ones don't feature skewed proportions. The 1st images come off as something that can be used as trying to stay as close to the design as possible.

Rahll's images seem like the emphasize technique over technical accuracy, just my observation. Maybe it's artistic choice, for example the way Alex Milne draws an F-22 is different from how EJ Su draws once, and so forth.

I must be new here because I have no clue about any of this. What is SK Omega?

It's a 3-3/4" o-ring military line with vehicles, designed by Ron Rudat and Guy Cassaday.

DPrime
02-03-2011, 04:09 PM
All good points. I'm more looking forward to the helicopter, anyway.

Shin Densetsu
02-03-2011, 04:10 PM
All good points. I'm more looking forward to the helicopter, anyway.

The helicopter is going to be a neat surprise.

hahoo3
02-03-2011, 04:26 PM
I can't wait to see the OWL and Grackle (Need more 1/18 scale vehicles)!! Not sure if I'll be interested in the figs, will have to wait and see what they look like in toy form!! :)

EduardimusPrime
02-03-2011, 04:31 PM
I"m really stoked for SKO! I really want to see how it's all gonna turn out.

alcinde4
02-03-2011, 04:40 PM
As long as these vehicles are ME compatible, I'm all in. The figures being O-ring is a bit of a bummer, but maybe they'll make for good custom fodder. Silver lining...

Adamantite
02-03-2011, 04:41 PM
The Grackle looks like it folds its wings and shortens its fuselage. Very toy-like. Then again why would they go through the trouble of making realistic looking vehicles? That's what all those other 33/4 military toy lines already do.

daremo
02-03-2011, 04:52 PM
Has anybody confirmed if 25th/ME/ROC/POC/etc style figures will fit in the SK Omega vehicles? I love their vehicle concepts, it would be awesome to have more options available for air superiority. The customizing possibilities for the OWL alone make me want to pick up a few (and I've only completed 1 vehicle custom so far).

I've been really interested in SK Omega since General Hawk said the guys would be at Joe Con last year (http://www.hisstank.com/forum/toys/75313-molten-monkey-internationals-new-toyline.html#post1612233) (4/29/2010). I can't wait to see what the website will show us.

Shin Densetsu
02-03-2011, 04:54 PM
The Grackle looks like it folds its wings and shortens its fuselage. Very toy-like. Then again why would they go through the trouble of making realistic looking vehicles? That's what all those other 33/4 military toy lines already do.

Which ones? True Heroes only puts out a handful that appeal to us. Chap Mei...the only thing in recent history that Joe Fans want from Chap Mei is the Osprey because it's the ONLY Joe-scale Osprey out there. Before that, their A-10 but once PTE released theirs the Chap Mei one was immediately outclassed. PTE is only available during fall.

GI Joe doesn't have very many vehicles on shelves at the moment. At the same time, one could say that FOV is on shelves at Target and TRU sure, and honestly for the price, I think they are steals, and they aim at being realistic/true to scale. Do most of us use FOV/BBI/JSI/21st with our Joes? Some of us do.

However there are still fans who want "joe-scale" items, as in not completely 1/18 scale, but big enough to fit our Joes without compromising the proportions. For example, compare the Thunderwing to the True Heroes F-22. The latter is preferable to the former.

So SKO pretty much fills that void but ultimately, these guys are making the vehicles/playsets that they always wanted to see for their figures, but never saw. They don't want electronic gimmicks, et al. Those are common with toys of today but you guys have to remember, the guys behind MMI are guys like us.

The premise is pretty much if the kids catch on and like it, then cool, but ultimately the line is catered to o-ring & vehicle fans. Fans of Modern GI Joe figure construction, are the most vocal now but look what's selling on Ebay. How many of you have bid for, and bought, 80's GI Joe figures and vehicles? A lot of you. Some of you who own e-stores sell the vintage vehicles and figures.

So while the o-ring is the past, there are still plenty of fans who miss it, and I think there are even more of us who miss the way vehicles were made before. Are most of you content with just the POC Mech Suits and VAMPS? I doubt it, I honestly think most of us want more than that.

The more vehicles, the better IMHO, doesn't matter which company so long as they are of good quality.

Troynos
02-03-2011, 04:58 PM
Has anybody confirmed if 25th/ME/ROC/POC/etc style figures will fit in the SK Omega vehicles?

It has not been confirmed by anyone that they are 25th/ME/PoC compatible.

SNAKE_EYES1975
02-03-2011, 05:06 PM
that jet does NOT look cool.
the more I see of this stuff, the less interested I am.

Hisstank is geared towards GIJOE right? can we stop frontpaging this useless CRAP? creat an SKO thread and update that!

Nothing Ive seen from this line is remotly interesting except a few ARAH guys are working on it.

STOP PUSHING THIS STUFF...its NOT that neat. when we see production carded images, and boxxed items, THEN start pushing it...why is this website even pushing this the way it is?? hmmm...

Hisstank is for GIJOE. if I stand up and say.."hell..i think im gunna make some stuff..and this is what itll look like" will you front page THAT?!??!? NOOO way..that would be rediculous...*Insert SKO image*

just stop already..this stuff sucks..and if you REALLY like it, MAKE a thread or forum for it and keep it there..

Gyre-Viper
02-03-2011, 05:14 PM

Hisstank is geared towards GIJOE right? can we stop frontpaging this useless CRAP? creat an SKO thread and update that!

Nothing Ive seen from this line is remotly interesting except a few ARAH guys are working on it.

STOP PUSHING THIS STUFF...its NOT that neat. when we see production carded images, and boxxed items, THEN start pushing it...why is this website even pushing this the way it is?? hmmm...

Hisstank is for GIJOE. if I stand up and say.."hell..i think im gunna make some stuff..and this is what itll look like" will you front page THAT?!??!? NOOO way..that would be rediculous...*Insert SKO image*

just stop already..this stuff sucks..and if you REALLY like it, MAKE a thread or forum for it and keep it there..

Ron Rudat and Guy Cassaday helped create GI JOE.

Not only that but hisstank has always front paged other military lines because customizers and collectors alike cross-pollinate.

SNAKE_EYES1975
02-03-2011, 05:23 PM

Not only that but hisstank has always front paged other military lines because customizers and collectors alike cross-pollinate.

Ok...but to front page this useless info?

heres a pic on a jet that may or may never be made, but heres a pic...oh and btw..were not going to be at toyfair.

FRONT PAGE THAT?!?!?!?!

im sure theres some custom guys that would really appreciate thier work in that slot.

Hey..im not trying to be a dick..but ive just seen these SKO news bits front paged over and over..and its just a waste. Front page it when they go into production...this is getting rediculous

Barefoot Jedi
02-03-2011, 05:23 PM
It's also fair to acknowledge that at least a couple of the designs appear to be inspired by specific GIJOE playsets/vehicles, such as the Hive playset which is very reminiscent of the old Sears COBRA Missile Command headquarters as well as, I believe, a helicopter that's somewhat similar to the COBRA transport helicopter seen often throughout Marvel's GIJOE.

I remember in the 1980's there were a number of other toy lines that existed that complemented other popular toy lines like GIJOE, Transformers and Masters of the Universe. There's plenty of room at the table and enough pizza for everyone to have a few slices.

Anchovies, pepperoni, green olives and mushrooms.

No one ever wants to share mine for some reason...

Gyre-Viper
02-03-2011, 05:35 PM

I was not aware that the information I bring to this site was useless. I apologize for wasting your time.

heres a pic on a jet that may or may never be made, but heres a pic...oh and btw..were not going to be at toyfair.

FRONT PAGE THAT?!?!?!?!

NEWS and RUMOR is the part of the forum this was posted in.
That's what gets front paged most times. When the writers for the new GI JOE film were announced... it got front paged... even though there isn't a physical movie yet.

im sure theres some custom guys that would really appreciate thier work in that slot.

So 2 guys who helped create and maintain GI JOE for decades
deserve less than collectors who are making customs?

The front page isn't a series of slots... it's not like if one piece of news wasn't reported that one custom or another would be in its place.

JoeMama
02-03-2011, 05:40 PM

are you joining him in his coming out party?

SNAKE_EYES1975
02-03-2011, 05:41 PM
Smug alert

JoeMama
02-03-2011, 05:45 PM
man, poor Gyre. you're gettin' some hate here.
hey man, great toylines aren't built overnight.
we'll wait.
what else are we gonna do?
and to be totally honest here, didn't Hasbro throw alot of pics at us, samples, and than never delivered many, many times over? (Tiger Force Sabateur / Wreckage from ARAH, Wave 14, ROC Wave 3?)

Gyre-Viper
02-03-2011, 05:45 PM
HA.

Shin Densetsu
02-03-2011, 05:46 PM
It has not been confirmed by anyone that they are 25th/ME/PoC compatible.

Nor has it been confirmed, much less even suggested, by those who would know, that they aren't.

We have this section called:

Compatible Military Toys - GI Joe News (http://www.hisstank.com/gi-joe-news/compatible-military-toys-20/)

Pretty much. It's like someone telling TFW2005.com not to cover BTS Toys, FansProject, iGear, et al.

Saboteur
02-03-2011, 05:51 PM
I'm interested in seeing the 3D prototypes. Some of those designs will incorporate well in plastic I think.

alcinde4
It would be nice, if every once and awhile, we could have a thread reach an inordinate amount of pages without it at any point turning into a dick measuring contest. Or not...

Troynos
Nor has it been confirmed, much less even suggested, by those who would know, that they aren't.

Right. It hasn't even come up, by those who would know, one way or the other.

So isn't it best to not assume to much at this point and time and not even mention the possiblity just in case it's wrong?

My whole point with this stuff has always been: wait and see.

Don't put our assumptions/wants/hopes into the line. That will only lead to ruin if the end results don't live up to our self-generated hype.

Hype has killed many a thing in the day and I would hate to see our self-generated hype kill this line.

Let's wait and see and enjoy it for what it is, not what we hope it is.

Jmacq1
02-03-2011, 05:52 PM

FRONT PAGE THAT?!?!?!?!

Hey..im not trying to be a dick..but ive just seen these SKO news bits front paged over and over..and its just a waste. Front page it when they go into production...this is getting rediculous

Wait, let me get this straight: You think SK Omega stuff is "useless" but then want to turn around and say they should highlight more customs?

Customs are utterly useless to me (which isn't to say I don't enjoy peeking at them) and barring mind-boggling efforts like the Dominator/Megatron we had a few days back, they're not "newsworthy" at all IMO. I have no talent for it myself, and I'm highly unlikely to own one of these one-of-a-kind works of art. They already have an entire segment of the forum devoted to them. Why do they deserve the apparently rare and wondrous honor of being "frontpaged" while SK Omega doesn't?

Massive logic failure....

Saboteur
02-03-2011, 05:56 PM
if you REALLY like it, MAKE a thread..

That's what he did.

CrimsonGuard101
02-03-2011, 06:05 PM
I think it is relevant news, if not from a stance of a cool competitor coming into the light to hopefully be a better source of military toys over PTE, Chap Mei and The Corps crap. Something between those 3 will give more kids more options and a way to "graduate" from O-rings to the new stuff kinda like we did as kids (I still loathe O-rgins but a better articualted o-rings would still be cool but the concept images look just like ARAH figs). But anwyays thier vehicles at the very list should be moddable to make our 25th/ME/ROC/POC figures work with them like the way so many have modded the old Joe vehicles. And as the toy line gets better and thy make more and more money, who knows where that could lead. We need competition that can stand up to hasbro and the 2 guys that made it what it used to be and to fill the vehicle void and give Hasbro a true runs for that niche is more then welcomned and front page worthy imop.

Kolschey
02-03-2011, 06:06 PM
It's also fair to acknowledge that at least a couple of the designs appear to be inspired by specific GIJOE playsets/vehicles, such as the Hive playset which is very reminiscent of the old Sears COBRA Missile Command headquarters as well as, I believe, a helicopter that's somewhat similar to the COBRA transport helicopter seen often throughout Marvel's GIJOE.

Exactly. I see this line as almost like a parallel/complementary "What if" universe of mid-Eighties JOE designs. From what I've seen of the lineup, it's almost as if the vehicle design for GI Joe had maintained some basic consistency with contemporary or upcoming military equipment instead of taking a hard left turn into Buzz Boars, Pogo Balls, BUGGs, Battle Barges and other peculiar equipment. I would love to see this line succeed, given that it is likely the only way that we are likely to be able to expect things like a decent helicopter with troop carrying space. The questions that remain are whether these designs will make it to market, and if so, if they will be compatible with 25th style 4" figures.

Stoner
02-03-2011, 06:13 PM
Right. It hasn't even come up, by those who would know, one way or the other.

So isn't it best to not assume to much at this point and time and not even mention the possiblity just in case it's wrong?

My whole point with this stuff has always been: wait and see.

Don't put our assumptions/wants/hopes into the line. That will only lead to ruin if the end results don't live up to our self-generated hype.

Hype has killed many a thing in the day and I would hate to see our self-generated hype kill this line.

Let's wait and see and enjoy it for what it is, not what we hope it is.

Video killed the radio star!

CrimsonGuard101
02-03-2011, 06:15 PM
Video killed the radio star!

I agree, I offer your avatar a White Russian...do00d!

Ford
02-03-2011, 06:18 PM
Maybe they should record a rap video to raise capital for their company.

spiderpumpkin
02-03-2011, 06:19 PM
Thanks for the update. Hopefully we can buy product this year. I wonder what we'll see first; mcax.com or skomega toys for purchase.

jaimanstone
02-03-2011, 06:28 PM
SO excited! Call me a Molten Monkite!

CrimsonGuard101
02-03-2011, 06:29 PM
Thanks for the update. Hopefully we can buy product this year. I wonder what we'll see first; mcax.com or skomega toys for purchase.

An online store would be very exciting!

Steelgrave
02-03-2011, 06:34 PM
I read all 10 pages of this thread & I don't know why!

galactron22
02-03-2011, 06:54 PM
Best of luck to them, If the figures look as good as the art, GI JOE may have some competition.

sci-find
02-03-2011, 06:58 PM
Love the info Gyre! Thanks.

I'm gonna check these out once they're released.
Isn't it strange though that you get this much crap on an actually informative post!?

In somewhat related news: Did anyone see the Crysis 2 figures on toynewsi.com? Those seem to be 25th/MU/SW compatible AND they're going to produce 3,75" Assassins Creed 2 figs!! Think of the custom possibilities those could open up. Just awesome.

Gyre-Viper
02-03-2011, 07:04 PM
Isn't it strange though that you get this much crap on an actually informative post!?

It happens quite a bit.

Nirvana
02-03-2011, 07:14 PM
It happens quite a bit.

I think you might worry the world is coming to an end if it didn't happen. ;)

Bring on some vehicles!

Zefram
02-03-2011, 07:20 PM

No, it's actually not. It's very easy to believe useless people who don't contribute jack-sh*t to this site being consumed by jealousy hating on people that do.

It happens every day at work, in politics, on the tank. Small, wretched people who give nothing back try every day to bring down people who actually do things for their community.

Wizgillar
02-03-2011, 07:28 PM
Some news, any news, about SKO is good. I just hope they don't keep stringing us along for the next year or two and never produce images of actual product or the product itself. The vehicles have great potential and I (one of the rare few here) am looking forward to new O-ring figures. I also want them to remain out of the hands of the brick-and-mortar toy-crushing retailers like Walmart as well as not get eaten up by the scalper sites where they will become so overpriced that I won't be able to justify buying them. Oh what a dream...

CrimsonGuard101
02-03-2011, 07:29 PM
Seriously who cares, it comes with the terriotiry good or bad, can't take the heat get outta the proverbial kitchen. Quit worrying with what other people say and or defending provoking each other. Its only an issue when peopel start taking it all personally and threaten to leave the community or continue to fight about it which usually locks threads. I do not wish to see this thread locked as I care way more about SK Omega then renegades/other joe news at ths point...so quit making this about individuals and more SK Omega!

Saboteur
02-03-2011, 07:31 PM
I wonder if any of these will feature Rudat's likeness, like the Leatherneck did.

Cdt Weasel
02-03-2011, 08:03 PM
In somewhat related news: Did anyone see the Crysis 2 figures on toynewsi.com? Those seem to be 25th/MU/SW compatible AND they're going to produce 3,75" Assassins Creed 2 figs!! Think of the custom possibilities those could open up. Just awesome.

Those crysis 2 figs are showing up at Targets now. They are pretty close to joe scale. I believe there are threads around here comparing them.

CrimsonGuard101
02-03-2011, 08:10 PM
Those crysis 2 figs are showing up at Targets now. They are pretty close to joe scale. I believe there are threads around here comparing them.

They are but the articualtion and accessories are blah...the only one worth it is the non-nano suit soldier I forget his name..hes usually the one youc ant find on the shelf lol...hs hea dis a really cool moern looking IG style head.

Lord Norin
02-03-2011, 08:34 PM
Well, I can't and won't speak for anyone else, But I always appreciate Gyre's and the others with actual insight, news and rumors! AEither for the Joe lines or for related lines such as SK Omega, or PTE. If you don't like those posts. you don't have to read them!

Just chill out and do what I am doing and just trying to contain my impatience for Toy Fair!

Zefram
02-03-2011, 08:44 PM
They are but the articualtion and accessories are blah...the only one worth it is the non-nano suit soldier I forget his name..hes usually the one youc ant find on the shelf lol...hs hea dis a really cool moern looking IG style head.

I got one of them and I was pretty impressed with the articulation and accessories ('specially liked th elittle stick of pastic explosives). Price was a little high though. $8 is too much for 4" figures these days unless they have some serious gear or extras.

CrimsonGuard101
02-03-2011, 08:54 PM
I got one of them and I was pretty impressed with the articulation and accessories ('specially liked th elittle stick of pastic explosives). Price was a little high though. $8 is too much for 4" figures these days unless they have some serious gear or extras.

Well I meant in regards the exposed pins and non-joe style joints on the arms/legs/ankles conenctions etc. Joes are just so superior to most other lines in that regard. The tron and IM2 figs are the closest to the Joes we have so far. I hope MU enevtually moves more that directions as well as the new Thor/Capin A toys.

Nirvana
02-03-2011, 09:09 PM

http://www.hisstank.com/forum/toys/93026-joe-scale-crysis-2-figures-target-7-99-a.html

The articulation on the Aliens is kinda blah, the actual CELL Trooper and both Nanosuits weren't too bad. Huge improvement over their solider line from before.

Nirvana
02-03-2011, 09:10 PM

Amen, that is the one big downside. $8 is a bit pricey for these. $6 would be fair.

Beckley
02-03-2011, 10:08 PM

Have you seen pics of the Hive?
I can't say I'm all that excited about the figures, but if they make that Hive, it'll all be worth the wait IMHO.

Tracker
02-03-2011, 10:18 PM
hopefully we see them real soon

Griff
02-03-2011, 10:18 PM
I bet they're canceled.

i would venture that guess as well. nothign btu artwork and "3D" renderings and no show at toy fair tells me either these guys are slower than molasis in winter in getting even the most rudementary protoype done (which is not a good sign) or that they are just cancelled. Either way i pretty much have given up on seeing anything noteworthy from these yahoos.

jaimanstone
02-03-2011, 10:23 PM

Can I get you a kleenex?

Yes, "creat" an SKO thread and stop "frontpaging" all this crap! I Mean, SERIOUSLY, what GI JOE fan would be interested in a new action figure line that reunites the creators of the original GI JOE line? You know the LIVING LEGENDS that brought us COUNTLESS iconic GI JOE characters, figures and vehicles? It is BULLSHIT! HOW IS THIS RELEVANT TO ANYONE ON A GI JOE WEBSITE!?!?!?!?!? I just DON'T see ANY connection!

No this stuff is not "neat" and you're right, where are the "boxxed" items? Seriously! My message to the owners and operators of hisstank is YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING! My friend Snake_Eyes1975 has 341 posts and has THE RIGHT to tell YOU how to run YOUR site!

So THERE!

What do you say to that "hmmmmmm.....?"

You're right, if hisstank DID do that it would be "rediculous." For several reasons:

1. You did not hire RON RUDAT to design your characters.

2. You did not hire John Cassiday to design your vehicles.

3. You don't have any financing to bring the vehicles you are "gunna" make to the market.

4. You don't have connections in the toy industry to even START the process of making a new line.

So yes, it would be absolutely "rediculous' for hisstank to post anything of your's on the front page. You are correct.

AND IF YOU DON'T STOP I'LL TAKE MY TOYS AND GO HOME!

You know, one way to avoid this stuff that "sucks" would be to not click on the thread. Another would be to never visit hisstank again.

Just a suggestion.

Then your delicate sensibilities would not be offended and you could avoid the stingy-red cheeks you get from all that crying.

Is this a serious post? What, like the mods get together at the first of the year and say, "Well we only have 125 front page slots THIS YEAR. So let's make sure we're not wasting those spots on 'rediculous' shit."

Really?

I mean, really?

Hey..im not trying to be a dick...

Regardless of lack of effort, you have succeeded.

Smug alert
Douche alert.

JoeMama
02-03-2011, 10:24 PM
nobody ever quotes joemama.

laurenluna1977
02-03-2011, 10:25 PM
I just wanna know if the line will feature seamen, or will it only be grunts.

Zefram
02-03-2011, 10:26 PM

Damn, that sucks. :(

CrimsonGuard101
02-03-2011, 10:27 PM
Can I get you a kleenex?

Yes, "creat" an SKO thread and stop "frontpaging" all this crap! I Mean, SERIOUSLY, what GI JOE fan would be interested in a new action figure line that reunites the creators of the original GI JOE line? You know the LIVING LEGENDS that brought us COUNTLESS iconic GI JOE characters, figures and vehicles? It is BULLSHIT! HOW IS THIS RELEVANT TO ANYONE ON A GI JOE WEBSITE!?!?!?!?!? I just DON'T see ANY connection!

No this stuff is not "neat" and you're right, where are the "boxxed items? Seriously! My message to the owners and operators of hisstank is YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING! My friend Snake_Eyes1975 has 341 posts and has THE RIGHT to tell YOU how to run YOUR site!

So THERE!

What do you say to that "hmmmmmm.....?"

You're right if hisstank DID do that it would be "rediculous." For several reasons:

1. You did not hire RON RUDAT to design your characters.

2. You did not hire John Cassiday to design your vehicles.

3. You don't have any financing to bring the vehicles you are "gunna" make to the market.

4. You don't have connections in the toy industry to even START the process of making a new line.

So yes, it would be absolutely "rediculous' for hisstank to post anything of yours on the front page. You are correct.

You know, one way to avoid this stuff that "sucks" would be to not click on the thread. Another would be to never visit hisstank again.

Just a suggestion.

Then your delicate sensibilities would not be offended and you could avoid the stingy-red cheeks you get from all that crying.

Ok the one thing I got outta all of that is, why have Rudat and Cassiday not been rehired by Hasbro for GI Joe already?!! I mean after all the they did start this stuff off right once in the past lol...sux they have to go and make a new toyline but hey I hope they knock it outta the park and get their site up soon.

Cancelled? meh..whatev.. they are doing thier best, as any other start up toy company in this wierd market today is thats for sure.

speedocub
02-03-2011, 10:28 PM

qft!

Thunderloaf
02-04-2011, 12:34 AM
And wouldn't mind getting some of the concept art in poster form for my home office.

I'm looking forward to the line. Although Joe is the bulk of my collection, I've always picked up other lines - even knockoffs - just because it looked cool to me.

Thanks for keeping us updated Gyre!

donmagic
02-04-2011, 03:30 AM
Never been excited for anything other than the vehicles.

KrymsynGardImmoral
02-04-2011, 09:12 AM

OK, so just to be clear, why did Gyre cancel SKomega? He must love all the attention he gets from the constant front paging of the line.

blackman2005
02-04-2011, 09:16 AM
Can we get at least one shot of an actual figure right now?

Gyre-Viper
02-04-2011, 09:38 AM
OK, so just to be clear, why did Gyre cancel SKomega? He must love all the attention he gets from the constant front paging of the line.

What do you get when you cross a penis with a potato?

A dictator.

Aca1raven2002
02-04-2011, 10:08 AM
I've never heard of this line before, is it directly related to G.I. Joe? Where can I find some more information about it other than a picture of a monkey?

Troynos
02-04-2011, 10:12 AM
I've never heard of this line before, is it directly related to G.I. Joe? Where can I find some more information about it other than a picture of a monkey?

There is no direct relation to G.I. Joe.

The "relation" is that Ron Rudat and Guy Cassaday are the principal designers of SK Omega, and they worked on Joe back in the day.

SK Omega is a new toyline by Molten Monkey International.

Beyond being O-Ring construction and the artwork, no one has seen or really knows more about this line.

Everything else so far is assumptions and hopes.

flash70
02-04-2011, 10:22 AM
Its all a big ruse until they hit retail and go on sale.

Troynos
02-04-2011, 10:27 AM
Its all a big ruse until they hit retail and go on sale.

It's not a ruse. It's just speculation and hype.

Which I have to point out comes from us and not SK Omega themselves. They aren't the ones building up this height, it's been us getting overly excited and putting our hopes/wishes onto this line.

On one hand this excitment is a good thing, as people are getting pumped for SK Omega to hit.

On the other it can be detrimental.

KrymsynGardImmoral
02-04-2011, 11:16 AM
I heard there is a figure based on the likeness of a toy dealer named "Scalper" in one of the later waves.

Troynos
02-04-2011, 11:18 AM
I'm actually waiting for a toyline to come out with a character named Scalper.

blackman2005
02-04-2011, 11:32 AM
I have a toyline coming out too. I don't have any actual pics of it, it wont be at Toyfair this year or next. I have a working website with a blue Panda's face on the homepage saying its coming soon. The brand is BPI - Blue Panda Intentional. Just wait, right now I have cardboard cut outs of how the figures may look that I made myself using Microsoft Publisher and some sketches of how the vehicles may look so it's legit.

LMAO!!! Someone should stop playing around and admit it was all a bad joke to begin with.

Serpymatt
02-04-2011, 11:33 AM
I'm hoping we get a look at these really soon... could be some interesting stuff to add to the universe :)

Troynos
02-04-2011, 11:42 AM
What people need to remember and realize is this:

We are the ones that are generating all this news and hype, not SK Omega/MMI.

They have had 2 official announcements. Joecon 2009 and Gyre's post that started this thread.

That's it.

Everything else has been fan scouring the 'net for more information.

For all we know, this is the schedule that SK has had from the very beginning.

We are the ones creating the impression that they are lagging, or falling behind or anything. Not SK. They have not said a single word about when product would be shown until just now.

So people need to chill and calm down. We're creating false impressions.

Baron Samedi
02-04-2011, 12:54 PM
Color me unsurprised. All talk, nothing to show for it yet. I am still rooting for them, but I think this is going to the shitcan before it even kicks off.

Troynos
02-04-2011, 01:05 PM
Color me unsurprised. All talk, nothing to show for it yet. I am still rooting for them, but I think this is going to the shitcan before it even kicks off.

Thats my point though.

SK hasn't been all talk. They have been almost no talk.

We've been the ones generating all the talk.

The only "talk" from SK has been Joecon, where they didn't lay out any dates/retail plans/etc.. just the concepts, and Gyre's post.

Like I said, for all we know, they weren't planning on having anything until end of 2011 anyways.

Zefram
02-04-2011, 01:08 PM
Thats my point though.

The only "talk" from SK has been Joecon, where they didn't lay out any dates/retail plans/etc.. just the concepts, and Gyre's post.

Like I said, for all we know, they weren't planning on having anything until end of 2011 anyways.

You sir, can take your "logic" and "reason" and GTFO! This thread is clearly about baseless assumptions and panic! :D

ArcticCG
02-04-2011, 01:30 PM
You sir, can take your "logic" and "reason" and GTFO! This thread is clearly about baseless assumptions and panic! :D

^^^This^^^

Saboteur
02-04-2011, 01:34 PM
It's over. God. They PROMISED we'd have it by now. Just bring back the 25th. It sold better than anything. Even ARAH.

Stupid Hasbro.

DPrime
02-04-2011, 02:01 PM
I'll take ANY news about SK Omega over 90% of the useless banter going on around here! :)

I'm definitely excited about this line, o-ring figures and all. I REALLY hope it comes to fruition!

spiderpumpkin
02-04-2011, 02:01 PM
They should keep everything secret until people find the toys on shelves and are surprised. Maybe this is what they are doing? Remember finding the ARAH figures and toys on shelves and not even knowing what was going to be released.

Troynos
02-04-2011, 02:03 PM
They should keep everything secret until people find the toys on shelves and are surprised. Maybe this is what they are doing? Remember finding the ARAH figures and toys on shelves and not even knowing what was going to be released.

That would be awesome.

Saboteur
02-04-2011, 02:04 PM

That would be both awesome and crow in the mouth of a lot of naysayers.

KrymsynGardImmoral
02-04-2011, 02:07 PM
I'll stop bullshitting and fucking with gyre. I know the guys behind the line, too, and yes, they are committed to delivering a quality product, fantastic vehicles and figures, and the thing that started the whole line, a FREAKING UNBELIEVABLY SWEET playset that was ripped from our childhoods and rendered in 3D by the skill of Guy Cassaday, a man I know personally and would vouch for his creativity in any circumstances. Both the guys behind the line, as well as the designers, want to make bad ass toys reminiscent of their childhoods and full of nostalgia and love.

I enjoy being a dick and messing with Gyre, but I don't want to feed into the disinformation (that I have been somewhat providing). This line will happen, a TON of resources and creativity have been poured into it, and it will be great no matter how it is distributed. And I can't wait for Scalper.

Keep the faith, listen to Gyre, and just be patient, you will be rewarded.

sharky
02-04-2011, 03:10 PM
Thats my point though.

But, Grye's post mentions that they originally planned to be at Toy Fair. So, at least we know that there is some kind of delay. Of course I wouldn't equate not being at Toy Fair to the line being canceled. To me, that's a ridiculous assumption. Delays happen quite a bit in development of consumer products. Especially with a major launch such as this. It would be worse to reveal too much too early in the game because a)it would only disappoint people as the product morphs from concept, to prototype, to production and b)you don't want competitors coming in and stealing your ideas before you even had a chance to launch it yourself. Plus, there could be design patent issues that need to be finalized. Once you reveal publicly your idea/design that starts the clock as to how much time you have to patent it.

Troynos
02-04-2011, 03:17 PM
How does canceling Toy Fair equate to a delay in the product?

We don't know the reasons they canceled Toy Fair. For all we know they could have only been showing what they showed at Joecon.

Remember Joecon is NOT a trade show, it's a fan show. So Toy Fair could have been the first time they were showing stuff to retailers and industry representatives.

People here get so used to the idea that just because we see something on the 'Tank that it makes it real and official.

Showing things at Joecon is not the same as showing things at a show like Toy Fair.

Joecon was probably a testing ground, see if the idea of O-Ring figures had some legs to stand on. Undoubtedly there would have been more to show at Toy Fair, how much more no one on this site (with the possible exception of Gyre) knows.

Just because they canceled Toy Fair doesn't mean anything.

The only thing that can probably be inferred from the cancelation is that they will probably be online only, at least for the first releases.

jaimanstone
02-04-2011, 03:23 PM
It's over. God. They PROMISED we'd have it by now. Just bring back the 25th. It sold better than anything. Even ARAH.

Stupid Hasbro.

Are you fucking serious? 25Th sold BETTER than ARAH!? Are you out of your fucking mind? That has to be the single most ridiculous and laughable claim I have ever heard on the tank.

Congratulations.

by the way, you realize MMI Is doing SKO, not hasbro right?

CrimsonGuard101
02-04-2011, 03:24 PM

We don't know the reasons they canceled Toy Fair. For all we know they could have only been showing what they showed at Joecon.

Remember Joecon is NOT a trade show, it's a fan show. So Toy Fair could have been the first time they were showing stuff to retailers and industry representatives.

People here get so used to the idea that just because we see something on the 'Tank that it makes it real and official.

Showing things at Joecon is not the same as showing things at a show like Toy Fair.

Joecon was probably a testing ground, see if the idea of O-Ring figures had some legs to stand on. Undoubtedly there would have been more to show at Toy Fair, how much more no one on this site (with the possible exception of Gyre) knows.

The only thing that can probably be inferred from the cancelation is that they will probably be online only, at least for the first releases.

Sideshow does pretty well with presenting new product through thier mailer and the website...SK Omega is getting its own website and I think they decided to do that versus going to the show for best bang for thier presentation buck. They have to spend the funds they have wisley right now since they are not sure who will support them at Toy Fair or any big other retail outlet party. Maybe they feel they will not get a fair shot at these shows as they are usually Over shadowed by hasbro and Matel anyway...

Troynos
02-04-2011, 03:31 PM
Sideshow does pretty well with presenting new product through thier mailer and the website...SK Omega is getting its own website and I think they decided to do that versus going to the show for best bang for thier presentation buck. They have to spend the funds they have wisley right now since they are not sure who will support them at Toy Fair or any big other retail outlet party. Maybe they feel they will not get a fair shot at these shows as they are usually Over shadowed by hasbro and Matel anyway...

Right.

It wouldn't surprise me to see them start off as online only, build up a following and then the next year (we don't know what year their first release is planned for yet) go to Toy Fair and hit up the retailers and have some solid numbers to back them up.

Jmacq1
02-04-2011, 03:38 PM
Are you fucking serious? 25Th sold BETTER than ARAH!? Are you out of your fucking mind? That has to be the single most ridiculous and laughable claim I have ever heard on the tank.

Congratulations.

Uhm....I think he was being sarcastic.

Yeah, to an extent the internet has both opened up and ruined toy collecting at the same time. It's almost impossible to wander into a toy store or aisle and get that "thrill" you got as a kid when you saw a figure that you didn't recognize hanging on the pegs, then flipped him over and saw that whole year's lineup of "new guys" already in place. Or you get that first new vehicle of the year and pull out the catalog to see all the awesome goodies (most of which you'll never own) coming down the pipeline.

Now, we generally know what we're getting months in advance and have a relatively decent idea of when they'll start to hit shelves. There's still perhaps a bit of a thrill when you first spot a figure from a new wave, causing that frantic search through the rows of pegwarmers to see if the troop builder you're looking for has already sold out or not (It has, BTW).

A lot of the magic is gone. But by the same token now collectors can easily communicate with each other, give area reports, and trade back and forth relatively easily. Does the good outweigh the bad? I dunno...I guess it depends on how much that "thrill" was worth to you.

sharky
02-04-2011, 03:42 PM

Congratulations.

I think he was joking.

Edit: yeah, what Jmacq1 said.

Gyre-Viper
02-04-2011, 04:35 PM
I'll stop bullshitting and fucking with gyre. I know the guys behind the line, too, and yes, they are committed to delivering a quality product, fantastic vehicles and figures, and the thing that started the whole line, a FREAKING UNBELIEVABLY SWEET playset that was ripped from our childhoods and rendered in 3D by the skill of Guy Cassaday, a man I know personally and would vouch for his creativity in any circumstances. Both the guys behind the line, as well as the designers, want to make bad ass toys reminiscent of their childhoods and full of nostalgia and love.

I enjoy being a dick and messing with Gyre, but I don't want to feed into the disinformation (that I have been somewhat providing). This line will happen, a TON of resources and creativity have been poured into it, and it will be great no matter how it is distributed. And I can't wait for Scalper.

Keep the faith, listen to Gyre, and just be patient, you will be rewarded.

Soooo... SK OMEGA is crucial?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_nE0S8RkkHEU/S8RkzkRE9GI/AAAAAAAAAJE/t08qld2ZzbQ/s1600/18430679.jpg

sharky
02-04-2011, 04:38 PM

The reason I'm inferring not being at Toy Fair to a delay in the product is

They were planning to be there but they canceled their plan.

If they were planning to be there I would assume that they would have some kind of pre-production sample or some kind of functional prototype. What were they going for if not to show off their product. Joecon was in May of 2010. It is reasonable to assume they made some kind of progress since then from what they showed at Joecon. From my experience in other industries it's always better to have actual product then just marketing tools such as graphics, videos, and brochures. You said so yourself. Toy Fair would be their first chance perhaps to show to retailers and industry reps. It would be very foolish to come to that game with only what they had at Joecon. You want to show some kind of progress so that at least you have the industry media writing about the latest scoop.

Cancelling a plan to not go when you were planning to go is pretty major in my book. It's not a "oh well, it wasn't that important anyway" kind of thing.

Having said all that, Gyre mentions they will have pics up on their website, and they are trying to do it BEFORE Toy Fair. So, they have SOMETHING, but perhaps it's not the kind of stuff they wanted to show at Toy Fair. We'll have to wait and see. But, from the OP it seems like it was not their first choice to do so, but they felt they had to because they won't be at Toy Fair.

I wouldn't assume that since they are not at Toy Fair that it will be online only. I'm sure deals can and have been made outside of Toy Fair.

And, of course this is all speculation. That's the fun of it. I thought that was the point of having a thread about it. Otherwise, just make a post and have the mods close the thread.

Frankly, I'm not drooling with anticipation over all this. I won't even buy any of it until I see some reviews on here and on youtube perhaps.

ArcticCG
02-04-2011, 04:53 PM
Soooo... SK OMEGA is crucial?

Oh here we go again with the "This Line is Crucial" talk. Quick some start it up now!

Troynos
02-04-2011, 04:57 PM
The reason I'm inferring not being at Toy Fair to a delay in the product is

They were planning to be there but they canceled their plan.

If they were planning to be there I would assume that they would have some kind of pre-production sample or some kind of functional prototype. What were they going for if not to show off their product. Joecon was in May of 2010. It is reasonable to assume they made some kind of progress since then from what they showed at Joecon. From my experience in other industries it's always better to have actual product then just marketing tools such as graphics, videos, and brochures. You said so yourself. Toy Fair would be their first chance perhaps to show to retailers and industry reps. It would be very foolish to come to that game with only what they had at Joecon. You want to show some kind of progress so that at least you have the industry media writing about the latest scoop.

Cancelling a plan to not go when you were planning to go is pretty major in my book. It's not a "oh well, it wasn't that important anyway" kind of thing.

Having said all that, Gyre mentions they will have pics up on their website, and they are trying to do it BEFORE Toy Fair. So, they have SOMETHING, but perhaps it's not the kind of stuff they wanted to show at Toy Fair. We'll have to wait and see. But, from the OP it seems like it was not their first choice to do so, but they felt they had to because they won't be at Toy Fair.

I wouldn't assume that since they are not at Toy Fair that it will be online only. I'm sure deals can and have been made outside of Toy Fair.

And, of course this is all speculation. That's the fun of it. I thought that was the point of having a thread about it. Otherwise, just make a post and have the mods close the thread.

Frankly, I'm not drooling with anticipation over all this. I won't even buy any of it until I see some reviews on here and on youtube perhaps.

Still doesn't mean there was a delay in the product.

It really could be something as simple as scheduling.

Or maybe the product they were going to have physically at Toy Fair won't arrive from the factory in time.

It could be a factory delay and not a design delay.

sharky
02-04-2011, 05:04 PM
Still doesn't mean there was a delay in the product.

It really could be something as simple as scheduling.

Or maybe the product they were going to have physically at Toy Fair won't arrive from the factory in time.

It could be a factory delay and not a design delay.
That's kind of what I'm thinking. A delay in getting stuff from the company making the prototype or something. Maybe not what they will have pics of, but better closer to production prototypes perhaps. If it was me, I would want to have something that people can pick up and play with to get a feel for the real deal.

Troynos
02-04-2011, 05:15 PM
That's kind of what I'm thinking. A delay in getting stuff from the company making the prototype or something. Maybe not what they will have pics of, but better closer to production prototypes perhaps. If it was me, I would want to have something that people can pick up and play with to get a feel for the real deal.

Yeah.

I think people are just panicing for no reason.

I think they're putting too much importance behind the Joecon appearance and that we haven't had anything since.

DPrime
02-05-2011, 02:25 PM
Right.

It wouldn't surprise me to see them start off as online only, build up a following and then the next year (we don't know what year their first release is planned for yet) go to Toy Fair and hit up the retailers and have some solid numbers to back them up.

That wouldn't surprise me either.

Works for Sideshow.

Works for Mattel (MOTUC and other lines).

This is collector focused as well... this might be the wave of the future for us collectors, who knows?

Griff
02-05-2011, 03:26 PM
That wouldn't surprise me either.

Works for Sideshow.

Works for Mattel (MOTUC and other lines).

This is collector focused as well... this might be the wave of the future for us collectors, who knows?

christ i hope not...i know most brick n mortar stores really suck choads for keeping stuff around but i sure as hell dont wanna do all good shit online only....

Steel Brigade
02-05-2011, 03:34 PM
But we are going to have a great..uh..cheese and cracker plate in the next half hour or so, and there's some beer, and there's some corn chips, mixed nuts and celery sticks too..."

I love cheese & crackers...

Steel Brigade
02-05-2011, 04:08 PM
Yeah, to an extent the internet has both opened up and ruined toy collecting at the same time. It's almost impossible to wander into a toy store or aisle and get that "thrill" you got as a kid when you saw a figure that you didn't recognize hanging on the pegs, then flipped him over and saw that whole year's lineup of "new guys" already in place. Or you get that first new vehicle of the year and pull out the catalog to see all the awesome goodies (most of which you'll never own) coming down the pipeline.

Now, we generally know what we're getting months in advance and have a relatively decent idea of when they'll start to hit shelves. There's still perhaps a bit of a thrill when you first spot a figure from a new wave, causing that frantic search through the rows of pegwarmers to see if the troop builder you're looking for has already sold out or not (It has, BTW).

A lot of the magic is gone. But by the same token now collectors can easily communicate with each other, give area reports, and trade back and forth relatively easily. Does the good outweigh the bad? I dunno...I guess it depends on how much that "thrill" was worth to you.

Well put...

DPrime
02-06-2011, 03:08 PM
christ i hope not...i know most brick n mortar stores really suck choads for keeping stuff around but i sure as hell dont wanna do all good shit online only....

Why not? It's not so bad. Hassle-free (well, usually) and it's always nice to get a package in the mail!

Griff
02-06-2011, 04:07 PM
Why not? It's not so bad. Hassle-free (well, usually) and it's always nice to get a package in the mail!

downside...over priced shipping, packages handled poorly, can;t see the ACTUAL product your buying so if its jacked up you're SOL, returning online purchases is a bitch (especially if its frm HTS you never get back what you actually wanted). I really think the neg\atives out weigh the positives.

draconianguard
02-06-2011, 06:29 PM
I really hope actual prototype will be made / scene soon. The longer it takes, the less interested collectors and retailers will be in the line.

sudelaya
02-06-2011, 06:34 PM
If Kokomo Toys can donate/invest or help in anyway, please have them contact me or Amber.

DPrime
02-10-2011, 01:02 PM
downside...over priced shipping, packages handled poorly, can;t see the ACTUAL product your buying so if its jacked up you're SOL, returning online purchases is a bitch (especially if its frm HTS you never get back what you actually wanted). I really think the neg\atives out weigh the positives.

In the end though, I suspect that we, as collectors, rather than children, will end up getting BETTER product because of this. If Sideshow and MOTUC (and hopefully SK Omega as well) are any indicators, this is a real possibility.

Most of the downsides you mentioned can be easily negated by good customer service. Digital River isn't the best example of this, but Sideshow is excellent in this regard.

Besides, you're really lucky if you live somewhere you can find all the stuff you want to collect. For a lot of us, online only isn't much different from the status quo...

krisk
02-10-2011, 05:30 PM
Ok I guess nobody really read Gyre/Krym(I think they are really just one guy)post- It said at the first of the paragraph..ahem- due to SCHEDULING CONFLICTS SKO will not be at toy fair, also they are trying to get the website up before toy fair(which I doubt that is going to happen seeing as how toy fair is a couple days away).
So everyone chill and have some of that cheese and crackers form earlier.
Oh and until Gyre admits he is really a schizo and his alter identity is really krymgrd...yo jomega!

Gyre-Viper
02-10-2011, 06:00 PM
Ok I guess nobody really read Gyre/Krym(I think they are really just one guy)post- It said at the first of the paragraph..ahem- due to SCHEDULING CONFLICTS SKO will not be at toy fair, also they are trying to get the website up before toy fair(which I doubt that is going to happen seeing as how toy fair is a couple days away).
Oh and until Gyre admits he is really a schizo and his alter identity is really krymgrd...yo jomega!

I'm not sure who would be more insulted... me or Krym... by your
theory. HAHAHAHA.

Quartermaine
02-10-2011, 06:12 PM

And now Gyre is coming out... Don't ask and don't tell applies to GI Joe as well, I guess. Well, bless your pea-pickin heart G-man.

Quartermaine
02-10-2011, 06:19 PM
Anyone here ever heard of Callaway Golf? I used to work for them and in 2000 (i think it was 2000) Callaway, being the juggernaut of success in golf brands, decided to STOP GOING TO THE GOLF SHOW! This would be the equivalent to the Toy Fair for the Golf Industry. It didnt mean they didnt care about retailers. It meant that there was little correlation to wholesale revenues and actual orders placed at the show. after the huge implosion of the golfing in 1998, Callaway figured out that most major retailers wanted to do less long range, speculative buying and ending up with inventory they couldn't sell and would sell on demand (called Just In Time in the manufacturing world).

My point is: don't panic because SKO isnt at the Toy Fair. Look at all the stuff hasbro and other toy manufacturers DO show us at the fair that gets cancelled.

I am just optimistic about my squadron of Owl helicopters...

cmderinchief
02-10-2011, 06:28 PM
I'm not sure who would be more insulted... me or Krym... by your theory. HAHAHAHA.

I am sure he would be OK with it Gary. His standards are surprisingly low.

Gyre-Viper
02-10-2011, 07:27 PM

If Krym is Gary and you're Gary... then who am I?

krisk
02-10-2011, 07:47 PM
wait who is Gary? which personality is dominant? lol. Just messing with you gyre(gary)! I would like to say that I too am looking forward to SKO being available to order/buy. I dont care much for pics anyway I want the vehicles and figures. But thanks for all the info and who cares what the negatives say. All new prdoucts to fill in the gaps for 3 3/4 figures get my consideration. thanks again for the updates!

Griff
02-10-2011, 08:04 PM
With all the garys this is starting to seem like the ruined vault with all the crazed gary clones in fallout 3 that just go around shouting..."GGGAARRRRYYY" in really weird tones.

Irid70
02-10-2011, 08:52 PM
I will be surprised if the website is up by the end of Toyfair.

sharky
02-10-2011, 09:16 PM
I will be surprised if the website is up by the end of Toyfair.
I know. I thought they were really trying to put up something before toy fair. It's next Monday. Cutting it kind of close I would think unless they work on the weekends.

OSOK
02-10-2011, 09:28 PM
im lost

KrymsynGardImmoral
02-10-2011, 10:13 PM

Wow, that came out of nowhere. If Gyre were me, that would explain why I'm broke. He keeps spending all my money on prototypes.

Also, if gyre is me, then he is a WAY bigger asshole than most people think.

KrymsynGardImmoral
02-10-2011, 10:15 PM

ohhh, someone is bucking to get a boxful of pubes in the mail...

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f318/kg666pics/0052-1.gif

Kungfuguy
02-10-2011, 10:35 PM
They should dump the name SK Omega. What is that? A herbal supplement?

All this speculation is meaningless. SKO was announced so far in advance with mere artwork, it is tantamount to vapourware. No prototypes, no advertising, no price, and no shipping date. With joes sales lacking this past year, retailers aren't going to take chance on SKO.

Shin Densetsu
02-10-2011, 11:55 PM
Wow, that came out of nowhere. If Gyre were me, that would explain why I'm broke. He keeps spending all my money on prototypes.

Also, if gyre is me, then he is a WAY bigger asshole than most people think.

So Gyre-Viper IS crucial?

OH GOD! Those aren't the same...from your blog post last year are they?

They should dump the name SK Omega. What is that? A herbal supplement?

All this speculation is meaningless. SKO was announced so far in advance with mere artwork, it is tantamount to vapourware. No prototypes, no advertising, no price, and no shipping date. With joes sales lacking this past year, retailers aren't going to take chance on SKO.

The advertising will come. As for shipping date, as early as last year, MMI was saying mid 2011 to fall 2011 for a release date. There are prototypes but they have not been shown yet.

KrymsynGardImmoral
02-11-2011, 05:13 AM
So Gyre-Viper IS crucial?
His post name should be CRUCIAL VIPER.

cmderinchief
02-11-2011, 09:38 AM
With all the garys this is starting to seem like the ruined vault with all the crazed gary clones in fallout 3 that just go around shouting..."GGGAARRRRYYY" in really weird tones.

Well, Goggles is Gary and I am Gary too, however Goggle's RAWK STAH status here on HissTank overshadows my many many many years of online participation. You could call me the OG for the Original Gary, but after seeing the Goggles Groupies I am just as comfortable as being known as the Other Gary. ;-)

YAY! Send me the tracking number!

Gyre-Viper
02-11-2011, 09:47 AM
Well, Goggles is Gary and I am Gary too, however Goggle's RAWK STAH status here on HissTank overshadows my many many many years of online participation. You could call me the OG for the Original Gary, but after seeing the Goggles Groupies I am just as comfortable as being known as the Other Gary. ;-)

Which reminds me, you need to renew your membership if you want the limited edition patch and the autographed copy of my latest book
"One Gary Too Many."

5h4rK
02-11-2011, 10:07 AM
I'll take ANY news about SK Omega over 90% of the useless banter going on around here! :)

I'm definitely excited about this line, o-ring figures and all. I REALLY hope it comes to fruition!

^^^^This! Thank you sir!

cmderinchief
02-11-2011, 11:29 AM
Which reminds me, you need to renew your membership if you want the limited edition patch and the autographed copy of my latest book
"One Gary Too Many."

The application and check are in the mail.

KrymsynGardImmoral
02-11-2011, 11:39 AM
The application and check are in the mail.

meanwhile, I'll be writing the thrillingly homoerotic "A Tale of Two Garys." Watch for the movie version, "Two Garys and a Cup". We're trying for an PG-13 rating, but it isn't looking good.

Seriously, you two need to get a room.

alcoholic ewok
02-11-2011, 12:14 PM
[Due to some rather untimely scheduling conflicts, SK Omega will not be attending Toy Fair as originally planned.

Yep, TVLand is showing the Mayberry Goes Bankrupt and Barney on the Rebound episodes of Andy Griffith this afternoon.

Must. See. TV. :D

krisk
02-11-2011, 12:36 PM
Wait now I am lost..when did gary adopt osok, why is shin trying to take gyre crucial spot, where do you buy the sko herbal supplement and will come with a free o-ring figure rebuild kit? oh almost forgot IF gyre really is a huge a-hole then does that make krym the good persona?

Troynos
02-11-2011, 12:40 PM
Nothing new on SK Omega

KrymsynGardImmoral
02-11-2011, 12:42 PM
IF gyre really is a huge a-hole then does that make krym the good persona?

Oh no...I am truly the asshole in that multiple personality conflict.

krisk
02-11-2011, 12:48 PM
Oh no...I am truly the asshole in that multiple personality conflict.

ahhh got you so your coming out of the closet now! see clarity.

Also no new news on SKO other than the new news that gyre originally posted then added to his new news with more new news saying that SKO was going to have some type of vehicle or figure prototypes and other new news was that you wont need 3d glasses to view the images!

and yes I have read this entire thread!

krisk
02-11-2011, 12:50 PM
oh and everyone say hello to TROYNOS he thinks that the gijoecc is a pain in the ass to and that mcax will never see the light of day!
Whats up T?

Shin Densetsu
02-11-2011, 04:38 PM
His post name should be CRUCIAL VIPER.

I got it:

Gyre: Crucial Guard
YOU: Crucial Guard Immortal with ghille suit made of "hairs of an unknown origin shown held by that blue Cobra Commander figure"

As for SK Omega, itching to see the toys!

KrymsynGardImmoral
02-11-2011, 05:14 PM
I got it:

Gyre: Crucial Guard
YOU: Crucial Guard Immortal with ghille suit made of "hairs of an unknown origin shown held by that blue Cobra Commander figure

Ohh, I hope they have grown back enough because I've got a Great idea for a custom figure...

KrymsynGardImmoral
02-11-2011, 05:15 PM
With a pubic ghillie suit...

KrymsynGardImmoral
02-11-2011, 05:15 PM
...Made from my pubes, just in case there is any question...

hey, where's gyre today?

Troynos
02-11-2011, 05:18 PM
oh and everyone say hello to TROYNOS he thinks that the gijoecc is a pain in the ass to and that mcax will never see the light of day!
Whats up T?

What's Mcax?

Gyre-Viper
02-11-2011, 05:25 PM
...Made from my pubes, just in case there is any question...

hey, where's gyre today?

http://img-s3-01.mytextgraphics.com/sparklee/2011/02/11/8fe42120fd239b2bfa2d21511960d24b.gif

Dai-Guard
02-13-2011, 07:56 PM
So, why isn't the web site up? Wasn't it supposed to be up before Toy Fair?

Shin Densetsu
02-13-2011, 10:50 PM
So, why isn't the web site up? Wasn't it supposed to be up before Toy Fair?

If things went as planned, that's what ideally would've happened. Just be patient guys.

Irid70
02-15-2011, 02:30 PM
Man, they sure did get that website up in time.

In all honesty, I want this to succeed, if for no other reason than to give Hasbro competition, which breeds evolution....but I have ZERO expectation of product ever hitting shelves. There. I said it. Be happy to be wrong.

TheRealDubya
02-15-2011, 02:33 PM
If things went as planned, that's what ideally would've happened. Just be patient guys.

Patience is anathema to Internet Nation.

blackman2005
02-15-2011, 02:35 PM
Molten Monkey International (http://www.moltenmonkeytoys.com) still isn't up and its after Toyfair 2011, its just a joke that's been going on for too long. Can somebody please stop giving press to SK Omega, its really getting tired....

Jmacq1
02-15-2011, 02:39 PM
Molten Monkey International (http://www.moltenmonkeytoys.com) still isn't up and its after Toyfair 2011, its just a joke that's been going on for too long. Can somebody please stop giving press to SK Omega, its really getting tired....

So stop clicking on threads that involve them.

Dai-Guard
02-15-2011, 02:40 PM
Yeah, I'm starting to lose hope. At this point, I'll probably be pleasantly surprised to actually see anything.

ArcticCG
02-15-2011, 02:46 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3528/3198011347_6edca1f8df_z.jpg?zz=1

Zefram
02-15-2011, 02:48 PM

How about not bumping this thread and giving people unfounded hope that there is an update?

Gyre-Viper
02-15-2011, 02:50 PM

Not really.

Zoomie2001
02-15-2011, 03:09 PM
I don't really give a crap about the figures. I want the vehicles (Harrier, Helicopter, weird-looking bad-guy jet, etc.)

jaimanstone
02-15-2011, 03:16 PM

Kleenex?

There is a simple solution to end your weariness: DO NOT READ ANY OF THE "PRESS."

That way you won't become fatigued.

sharky
02-15-2011, 03:20 PM
The first rule about SK Omega club is you do not talk about SK Omega club.

The second rule about SK Omega club is Sad-Trombone (http://soundfxnow.com/soundfx/Sad-Trombone.mp3)

blackman2005
02-16-2011, 11:18 AM
Update!!!!!

http://www.moltenmonkeytoys.com/images/logo_mmi_coming_soon.png

SIKE....

Dai-Guard
02-16-2011, 11:20 AM
If you feel a chill, it's all of us thinking about how much we want you to die.

sharky
02-16-2011, 11:24 AM
Check it out

Molten Monkey International (http://soundfxnow.com/soundfx/Sad-Trombone.mp3)

Gilgamesh51
02-16-2011, 11:25 AM
How about not bumping this thread and giving people unfounded hope that there is an update?

I saw this thread in the sidebar, hoping there was an update.....

5h4rK
02-16-2011, 11:26 AM

Yep, me too! :-(

jaimanstone
02-16-2011, 11:28 AM

Yep, me too! :-(

It'll come. Getting an all new toy line/property off the ground is a Herculean effort. There are always bound to be complications.

5h4rK
02-16-2011, 11:30 AM
It'll come. Getting an all new toy line/property off the ground is a Herculean effort. There are always bound to be complications.

Well, I'll wait a year if we have to..I just want that line to be perfect..SKO is a dream come true for me!

Jmacq1
02-16-2011, 11:33 AM
So the guy complaining that MMI is getting too much press bumps the thread yet again?

Hypocrisy, thy username is blackman2005.

blackman2005
02-16-2011, 11:33 AM
Check it out

First official pics of figures:

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l1/ndewitt/Toy%20Room/New%20Love%20Palace/DSC06902.jpg

brought to you buy these sculptors:

http://blog.rednecklaughs.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/siamese-hillbillies-playing-banjo.jpg

ArcticCG
02-16-2011, 11:37 AM
First official pics of figures:

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l1/ndewitt/Toy%20Room/New%20Love%20Palace/DSC06902.jpg

Hey 5h4rK, a pic of your Commando Rangers!

Troynos
02-16-2011, 11:40 AM
Blackman, seriously, if you are tired of the stuff, stay out of the thread and let the people who are patient hang out here. I mean, what's the point of trolling the thread?

jaimanstone
02-16-2011, 11:41 AM
So the guy complaining that MMI is getting too much press bumps the thread yet again?

A little odd no?

blackman2005
02-16-2011, 11:53 AM

Blackman, seriously, if you are tired of the stuff, stay out of the thread and let the people who are patient hang out here. I mean, what's the point of trolling the thread?

A little odd no?

And I find it a little weird that anyone on here would take news about action figures so seriously that they would wish death on someone.....

Dai-Guard
02-16-2011, 11:54 AM
And I find it weird that someone thinks that threats on the internet aren't sarcastic.

Troynos
02-16-2011, 11:54 AM
What?? Now I'm confused. Where's the death threat?

blackman2005
02-16-2011, 11:59 AM
And I find it weird that someone thinks that threats on the internet aren't sarcastic.

I got it, but it's all in good fun, but wishing someone would die even in sarcasm is not only weird but kinda weak. It's just toys and right now they haven't even materialized into anything solid yet.

5h4rK
02-16-2011, 12:00 PM

^^^^^This! Am I missing something?

Serpymatt
02-16-2011, 12:08 PM
Gotta love the negativity and oversensitivity of the internet... it seems no place is free from it. Honestly, isn't there somewhere on the board, like, oh, maybe General Discussion in non_Joe or Spamarama where this can be continued?

I'm actually looking forward to actually getting some more info on SK Omega when they are set. Gyre, if you're associated with the project, best of luck! If you just happen to be in contact with them, pass along my good luck :) I would love to see 3 3/4" figures really expand more and more into the market.

Gyre-Viper
02-16-2011, 12:48 PM
Anyways the site will be up when it is ready.

Shin Densetsu
02-16-2011, 03:12 PM
Gotta love the negativity and oversensitivity of the internet... it seems no place is free from it. Honestly, isn't there somewhere on the board, like, oh, maybe General Discussion in non_Joe or Spamarama where this can be continued?

I'm actually looking forward to actually getting some more info on SK Omega when they are set. Gyre, if you're associated with the project, best of luck! If you just happen to be in contact with them, pass along my good luck :) I would love to see 3 3/4" figures really expand more and more into the market.

There are literally, only a few people here who have stated the truth about the line, the rest is all speculation. Just be patient, is all I can really urge you guys to do. Whatever you think of the line, everything will be realized once the 1st images of the final production toys are released.

If these were small "joe-scale" toys, they would have been released by now. Small toys are easier/cheaper to produce, quicker to release.

Have any of you thought about starting a toyline? What if you had the resources to actually do it? I see a bunch of threads for wishlists and whatnot, but look at it this way, the MMI guys were at that point, but unlike most of us, had the resources to pull it off. You guys have to take into account, they are a new company and delays are bound to happen. They are not going into the fray blind however, and they really do know their stuff. For a new company, this is very impressive.

You will be surprised, that's basically the objective way of stating the reaction(s).

sharky
02-16-2011, 03:24 PM
There are literally, only a few people here who have stated the truth about the line, the rest is all speculation. Just be patient, is all I can really urge you guys to do. Whatever you think of the line, everything will be realized once the 1st images of the final production toys are released.

If these were small "joe-scale" toys, they would have been released by now. Small toys are easier/cheaper to produce, quicker to release.

Have any of you thought about starting a toyline? What if you had the resources to actually do it? I see a bunch of threads for wishlists and whatnot, but look at it this way, the MMI guys were at that point, but unlike most of us, had the resources to pull it off. You guys have to take into account, they are a new company and delays are bound to happen. They are not going into the fray blind however, and they really do know their stuff. For a new company, this is very impressive.

You will be surprised, that's basically the objective way of stating the reaction(s).
I'll be the first in line once these start to go up for sale. But, until then we need to have a little fun to break up the boredom. :) At the very least this thread is keeping the thought in people's minds as we wait. To be honest, before Grye started this thread I completely forgot about it.

Serpymatt
02-16-2011, 03:33 PM

Sounds good to me... if they aren't "small scale," imagine how awesome it would be to see huge play sets again! Is their product actually supposed to be in scale with Joe?

Anyway, it sounds like you know a little bit about the people behind it, so hopefully they succeed :) It would be great if another company could actually succeed and eventually even compete with what we've come to see as a standard. Competition usually has a way of making the fans the true winners :)

5h4rK
02-16-2011, 03:43 PM
I'll be the first in line once these start to go up for sale.

err nope.. second!

sharky
02-16-2011, 03:48 PM
err nope.. second!
Don't make me do a death threat. j/k :)

krisk
02-21-2011, 04:31 PM
so when is Gyre going to have the website up?

Shin Densetsu
02-21-2011, 05:29 PM
Sounds good to me... if they aren't "small scale," imagine how awesome it would be to see huge play sets again! Is their product actually supposed to be in scale with Joe?

Anyway, it sounds like you know a little bit about the people behind it, so hopefully they succeed :) It would be great if another company could actually succeed and eventually even compete with what we've come to see as a standard. Competition usually has a way of making the fans the true winners :)

They are vehicles/playsets made for 3.75" figures but not once have I ever heard that they aren't 25th compatible. Honestly, it's been what, almost a year since JoeCon last year? If these weren't 25th compatible I think the guys at MMI would have already said so buy now. They do know that there is a lot of potential buyers with modern Joe fans who miss the old vehicles and want something big for their modern Joes to sit in.

I don't think Gyre is the one working on it.

sharky
02-21-2011, 05:37 PM
Ask and ye shall recieve

enjoy :)

Zefram
02-21-2011, 05:38 PM
Another bump, another false hope of an update.

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy302/zeframmann/Facepalm/122gn49.png

krisk
02-21-2011, 05:44 PM
I don't think Gyre is the one working on it.
Yeah I know I was messing with Gyre to see if he would respond.

Ask and ye shall recieve

bad, just really really bad. I mean the sad trombone, really?

sharky
02-21-2011, 06:49 PM
Yeah I know I was messing with Gyre to see if he would respond.

bad, just really really bad. I mean the sad trombone, really?

Ain't I a stinker? :D

krisk
02-21-2011, 06:50 PM
bdbdbdb thats all folks!

WeaponXCustoms
02-21-2011, 06:54 PM
Ask and ye shall recieve

you dirty rat

Gilgamesh51
02-21-2011, 06:59 PM
Stop bumping this! If there's an update, front page it! You're killing me!

sharky
02-21-2011, 07:08 PM
Stop bumping this! If there's an update, front page it! You're killing me!

OK, no more bumping. Starting...NOW!