PDA

View Full Version : I did nothing at TRU

PitViper
01-29-2011, 06:42 PM
So the closest TRU to me is literally across the street from my gym. I don't often go after my work out because I'm completely disgusting and have to peel my Under Armor off...so yeah, its just nasty.

Sometimes I'll on a Sat. I'll actually park at my gym and take a walk over before my work out then bring the haul back to the car and do my thing in the gym....today...I dealt with being gross and took a quick walk through TRU as I want NOTHING to do tonight but watch a movie and nurse a beer.

Anyway I go in and theres a guy, I'll say mid to late 30's with 2 kids who are small I mean like 3 or 4...and I guess his wife who is doing her own thing. They are in front of the Star Wars pegs...where I wanted to be.

Ok, no big deal I'll make the rounds...I notice though, the guy is completely dismantling the pegs and theres a teenage worker there who looks at me, makes a face and continues to pick up the merchandise all over the floor.

I'm watching these kids scream and the father just randomly handing them things to shut them up that ultimately end up on the floor...as he reads the backs of the cards and the mother stands there wasting oxygen.

So, I go to the bathroom, take a leak...wash up, wipe down my face...head back to the Marvel aisle, pick up Wrecker and finally back to the SW stuff.

When I tell you there was about 90% of merchandise all over the floor and this poor kid having to restock it, I was about a hair away from walking up to the guy and just saying "Are you fucking kidding me??..I mean really??"

Anyway, I bit my tongue...looked at the kid and said "what a dick" he looked up and just nodded yes. I bought my figure and left.

Everyone drops stuff while hunting and such, but I thought that was just beyond obnoxious....I shouldve held him down and forced him to smell my gym clothes.

Anyway, end of rant......I just had to vent and share what an asshole that was and what an inconsiderate thing it was to do.

End.

Shogi
01-29-2011, 06:55 PM
Did you help the kid restock?

I know kids can be a handful at times, but I really wish parents would be a little more proactive in controlling their children rather than just letting them scream and do whatever they want.

OSOK
01-29-2011, 07:03 PM
thats why i dont have any kids

Trooper13
01-29-2011, 07:35 PM
NO, you should have walked up to him, grabbed whatever lame ass Star Wars figure was in his hand. Stuck it down the back of your pants, with the card firmly between your cheeks and run three laps around the store. Then go back and hand it back to him, and tell him he's the reason the world looks down on collectors.

TEMPLAR BAGGINS
01-29-2011, 07:48 PM
Working in retail, I feel for the guy having to clean up after that douchebag. Although, at Walmart, it's usually the Hot Wheels collectors that make the biggest messes. F'n asshats.

But yeah, "kids will be kids" and all that aside, the father should have picked up after his kids or something. He's probably the same kind of asshole who would take his kids to a restaurant and let the kids make a mess and not clean it up before he leaves... or at least gather it up into a neat and manageable pile.

"Oh, it's OK. That's what they get paid for" = DOUCHE BAG!!!

Gatchaman
01-29-2011, 07:51 PM
I was in TRU today with my wife and two kids looking at Star Wars toys (Boy those cards fall off the hooks so easy. I had a hard time keeping them from falling on the ground). Anyways here I am with my family enjoying some quality time together and this guy comes into the toy isle reeking of BO so bad I almost lost my lunch. He just stood there smelling up the whole isle. The employee there in the same isle looked at me and just shook his head.
Then the smelly, sweaty probably homeless guy finally left only to return a few minutes later looking as if he went into the restroom and tried to actually clean himself up in there, which of course just made matters worse. What, he can’t shower before he goes out? He has to us the TRU restroom to wash up in? God what an awful experience.

Jinx723
01-29-2011, 08:03 PM
And this is why some people shouldn't have kids.

Cobra Terrorist
01-29-2011, 08:13 PM
I've often wondered how my toy aisles got that way.

I mean, the shelves at my TRU are always hammered. I end up putting 10-15 things back on the pegs, just because it bugs me to see it all f'd up like that.

Another example that people are assholes.

the odinson
01-29-2011, 08:17 PM
it ain't the kids fault, it's the parents. if i had pulled that shit as a kid i wouldn't be here today.

JohnnyAngel77
01-29-2011, 08:22 PM
Did you help the kid restock?

I know kids can be a handful at times, but I really wish parents would be a little more proactive in controlling their children rather than just letting them scream and do whatever they want.
I jump all over my 3 boys when they do shit like that. I worked retail for years and was an assistant manager for KB, I find myself cleaning up sections just when I'm out hunting. I don't even mean to sometimes, just habit.
Well, as usual, its not the 3-4 year old children's fault. Its the lazy ass piece of sh!t parents who allow their kids to be like that. Kids are dumb (I don't mean dumb like all kids are LD, they are just not up on the ways of the world so I like saying "dumb" to describe this :D), naive, impulsive, etc...its the parents job to teach them properly or at least be there to clean up their messes.

vadersquest
01-29-2011, 08:34 PM
I jump all over my 3 boys when they do shit like that. I worked retail for years and was an assistant manager for KB, I find myself cleaning up sections just when I'm out hunting. I don't even mean to sometimes, just habit.

Well, as usual, its not the 3-4 year old children's fault. Its the lazy ass piece of sh!t parents who allow their kids to be like that. Kids are dumb (I don't mean dumb like all kids are LD, they are just not up on the ways of the world so I like saying "dumb" to describe this :D), naive, impulsive, etc...its the parents job to teach them properly or at least be there to clean up their messes.
I do the same. It is habit to pick up toys when I go hunting. As a former manager/ DM trainee for KB Toys, that was my major pet peeve.

Joseph
01-29-2011, 09:05 PM
tell him he's the reason the world looks down on collectors.

It doesn't sound to me like he was a collector, just a shitty parent that lets his kids run him rather than the other way around.

When I encounter a mess on the pegs, I usually take a minute to place all the figures back on them. I've been offered a job by totally spent employees on a saturday evening more than once. I agree with Shogi, I'd have helped the kid pick up the figures.

PitViper
01-29-2011, 09:34 PM
Ya know, I didn't help the kid restock and after all is said and done, I totally shouldve...even though he probably wouldnt have appreciated the fact that I had 3 basketball games of sweat on me.

In retrospect I DO think the the guy was a collector. He was reading the cards way too hardcore.

Maybe not he doesnt collect like "we do" per se....but he seemed to be very interested in what the cards had on them.

I'm just pissed at 2 things now...I didn't help the kid out and I shouldve atleast called the guy out and asked "do you collect? because you know you're totally making the average hobbyist look like a complete scumbag right now right?

Hindsight is 20/20....plus I was so angry I doubt I couldve been that articulate at the time.

Anyway, just cool to see everyone in agreement. Tanker's give a hoot!

OSOK
01-29-2011, 09:40 PM
agreed its bad parenting, the parents should teach the kids to be respectful of other peoples property and surroundings.

if me and my bro were acting like that, my old man would have thrown us in the dumpster and left us, now thats good parenting :)

Syn3sthesia
01-29-2011, 09:49 PM
Why did you not say something to the kid's father? I'm all about embaresing other adults, especially in front of their kids.

PitViper
01-29-2011, 10:10 PM
if me and my bro were acting like that, my old man would have thrown us in the dumpster and left us, now thats good parenting :)

Right on, if my dad said "don't make me pull over" that was no BS.

Shogi
01-30-2011, 12:28 AM

I do the same. It is habit to pick up toys when I go hunting. As a former manager/ DM trainee for KB Toys, that was my major pet peeve.

I do the same thing, and many times it's rewarded me by allowing me to find a HTF figure that was lost in the jumble

Monkeywrench
01-30-2011, 12:47 AM

this^^

I prefer to control alt delete them :)

WeaponXCustoms
01-30-2011, 03:07 PM
this is why I always pull out, only made 3 kids so far

Joseph
01-31-2011, 01:44 AM
In retrospect I DO think the the guy was a collector. He was reading the cards way too hardcore.

All the more reason. If he were a collector, he wouldn't have paid attention to anything except the clearest route to the check out aisle.

Ctrl_Z
02-09-2011, 04:05 PM
Bugs me to hear or see when people act like this.