PDA

View Full Version : Episode 11 Promo on YouTube

General Hawk
01-28-2011, 11:15 PM
Okay, here it is!

YouTube - G.I. Joe: Renegades Episode 11 Promo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KE9pkDXB20)

Enjoy!

steve_smmr
01-28-2011, 11:22 PM
ooo, is that destro's voice i heard?

Zablorg
01-28-2011, 11:22 PM
Aaaand we are back in action! EVIL SCIENTISTS! TENTACLE MONSTERS! SCAR MEN! IRON MEN!

MFJayman
01-28-2011, 11:34 PM
That "Cobra agent" has got to be Destro. The voice, the trench coat...gotta be him. Now is he actually trying to undermine Cobra, or simply leading the Joes into a trap?

Monkeywrench
01-29-2011, 04:29 AM
Awesome! Thanks

Jay West
01-30-2011, 03:22 PM
Awesome Justin. Yep that's Destro and Scraps back in action. That's Destro's trench from the promo pics. Love it. After a pleasant little break this week it's back to Joe vs Cobra action.

Trooper13
01-30-2011, 03:31 PM
Looks good. Can't wait!

edhellman
01-30-2011, 05:33 PM
it had been rumored that tomax and xamot would appear in this last episode. obviously they were no shows... any word on whether they are scheduled for next week now that cobra is back up to bat? Speaking of BATS, why use Bio vipers when Mindbender could just make BATS? I suppose I did like how they looked in the Major Bludd episode actually. Hmm...

I am seriously jazzed to see Destro and Scraps next week, and then Firefly the following week! I definitely think it will be revealed Firefly is Ripcord and was just doing recon work to see who the joes were from the start. After all, Ripcord died offscreen in an explosion that could have been planned by a Sabateur.

RenHoek
01-30-2011, 05:52 PM
It's obvious that the informant is Destro. The voice, the body, the motive.... Definitely him.

edhellman
01-30-2011, 06:54 PM
in the past there seem to be two promos for each episode (short and long). Is this the short or the long promo?

The Wrath
01-31-2011, 03:12 PM
This series is amazing! I love the point of view that they are using with the story line.

Adamantite
01-31-2011, 03:44 PM
Thanks for uploading General Hawk!

Is this Scrap Iron? He won't be happy about what happened to his face...

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/9780/renegadesep11.jpg

Trooper13
01-31-2011, 03:51 PM
Yeah, if that's Scrap-Iron he got really F'ed up! Gotta give them props for not going easy on the creepy scar factor. That is one fugly mess...

kennywr22
01-31-2011, 03:52 PM
This looks to be the regular length promo. They usually start showing another one later in the week when they advertise the 3day weekend thing. But its usually less footage. Scrap iron looks sick!

firefly069
01-31-2011, 10:30 PM
looks awesome!

General Hawk
01-31-2011, 11:25 PM
Yeah, if that's Scrap-Iron he got really F'ed up! Gotta give them props for not going easy on the creepy scar factor. That is one fugly mess...

Almost makes me shudder to think if they ever decide to show Snake Eyes...

MFJayman
01-31-2011, 11:42 PM
Almost makes me shudder to think if they ever decide to show Snake Eyes...

About that...I wonder if they are going to show the backstory of how SE got badly scarred. Will it involve Scarlett, and therefore be a joint SE/Scarlett flashback? I assume it would be something other than the classic SE saving Scarlett from crashing helicopter scenario...Duke already saved L Jaye from a chopper, so...

Snake Shadow09
02-01-2011, 08:48 AM
when you think we will see stormy again?

MFJayman
02-01-2011, 01:00 PM
when you think we will see stormy again?

I'm thinking we won't see him again until the episodes that were meant to come after Homecoming. After all, he isn't actually a part of Cobra until the end of Homecoming.

In any case, I hope that when we do see him next, he'll be suited up in a new, modernized, protective Cobra-designed outfit. I think that would be awesome to see.

General Hawk
02-01-2011, 01:04 PM
I'm thinking we won't see him again until the episodes that were meant to come after Homecoming. After all, he isn't actually a part of Cobra until the end of Homecoming.

In any case, I hope that when we do see him next, he'll be suited up in a new, modernized, protective Cobra-designed outfit. I think that would be awesome to see.

Exactly. When he appears in Homecoming, it seems like it's the first time he's been seen since the Return of the Arashikage, so now that they're re-visiting early episodes, it only makes sense that Storm Shadow isn't around.

My guess is "Knock Offs" might be the first time we see the full compliment of Cobra agents.

MFJayman
02-01-2011, 01:38 PM
Exactly. When he appears in Homecoming, it seems like it's the first time he's been seen since the Return of the Arashikage, so now that they're re-visiting early episodes, it only makes sense that Storm Shadow isn't around.

My guess is "Knock Offs" might be the first time we see the full compliment of Cobra agents.

I agree. And what about episode 22 called "Cousins"? Only cousins we know of so far are SS and Jinx, right? Maybe this'll be a SS focused ep. And I'd love to see Jinx again. I like how they've left her future murky...you'd think that she would turn against SS and aide, if not join, the Joes in the future, but who knows...

Troynos
02-01-2011, 01:44 PM
It's Destro. The character bio says that he gets on Cobra's wrong side and "imprisoned" in the mask when Cobra takes over MARS. This is obviously how he gets on the wrong side.

The tentacle bio-viper?

NO THANK YOU!!!

The armor suits? Sure.

kennywr22
02-01-2011, 01:59 PM
You know I kinda like the whole Bio weapons that mindbender is creating. It just makes more sense than the old mindbender making bats! That should be left to someone like overkill or theirs another cobra Guy who worked with bats I remember from the card game.while I'm crazy about tentacle Bio viper for the most part I like them.

MFJayman
02-01-2011, 02:00 PM
It's Destro. The character bio says that he gets on Cobra's wrong side and "imprisoned" in the mask when Cobra takes over MARS. This is obviously how he gets on the wrong side.

The tentacle bio-viper?

NO THANK YOU!!!

The armor suits? Sure.

Yeah, those blue tentacles have me a little worried. Everything else looks pretty cool though.

So I guess Destro really is going to be trying to undermine Cobra in this ep, and not help them by leading the Joes into a trap. Those were the two possibilities that crossed my mind, though Destro's character bio would definitely suggest that the undermining scenario is the correct one.

Troynos
02-01-2011, 02:01 PM
I have no problem with Bio-Vipers or Bio-Vipers with guns.

I do have a problem with Octopuc-Bio-Viper with guns.

kennywr22
02-01-2011, 02:06 PM
Oh I agree on octopus viper. A little to much. Keep it more humanoid and its cool. I can't wait to see scrap iron. I wonder if his voice will be screwed up as well.

MFJayman
02-01-2011, 02:12 PM
Oh I agree on octopus viper. A little to much. Keep it more humanoid and its cool. I can't wait to see scrap iron. I wonder if his voice will be screwed up as well.

I have no problem with Bio-Vipers or Bio-Vipers with guns.

I do have a problem with Octopuc-Bio-Viper with guns.

Hehe, yeah, I thought the trend they were on was toward refining them down to more humanoid forms, like in "The Package", and away from the more monster-type forms.

Anyway, I'm still wondering if eventually the Bio-Vipers will be refined down to the point where they start suiting up as the more traditional Vipers we are familiar with, like the 1986 Viper, Alley Viper, etc. After seeing "The Package", I thought that might be the direction things were moving. But I'd much prefer, if they do introduce the traditional kinds of Vipers, that they be human, and that the Bios remain a distinct and separate type of Viper.

MFJayman
02-01-2011, 02:23 PM
You know I kinda like the whole Bio weapons that mindbender is creating. It just makes more sense than the old mindbender making bats! That should be left to someone like overkill or theirs another cobra Guy who worked with bats I remember from the card game.while I'm crazy about tentacle Bio viper for the most part I like them.

I think it's perfect that Cobra is so heavily involved in bio-tech weapons and development. It's weird and freakish, yet definitely grounded in some reality. After all, bio-technologies and genetic/bio engineering will clearly become increasingly important and controversial issues this century. Creating all sorts of bizzare new mutant hybrid species and creatures--seems like the exact sort of thing Cobra would be diving right into.

Trooper13
02-01-2011, 06:51 PM

I agree. I always thought BATS would be a much more Destro of a weapon. Very technical. Bio-Vipers seem like they'd be much more Mindbender's arena. Glad I wasn't the only one who thought they were an odd project for Mindbender.

RenHoek
02-01-2011, 08:00 PM
Why would Destro try to team up with the Joes? He already has a grudge against them for screwing up his lab and burning his friend's face half off. It looks like he's trying to lead the Joe's into a trap, but somehow Cobra will end up blaming him for screwing everything up that the Joes did. That, or James doesn't get the mask this episode.

kennywr22
02-01-2011, 09:17 PM
Hmmm. i never thought about it but i wonder if this could be the episode destro gets his mask. Probably too soon. Man cant wait for friday.

Troynos
02-01-2011, 09:18 PM
Hmmm. i never thought about it but i wonder if this could be the episode destro gets his mask. Probably too soon. Man cant wait for friday.

Naw, this'll be the first part that leads to that.

MFJayman
02-01-2011, 11:24 PM
Hmm, this mask. So CC orders it placed on Destro. Will it contain some kind of device that will kill Destro if CC activates it? I couldn't help but wonder about this, the level of power CC will have over Destro...

Zefram
02-01-2011, 11:34 PM

The tentacle bio-viper?

NO THANK YOU!!!

The armor suits? Sure.

Speak for yourself.

Tentacle viper + Scarlet + Lady Jaye = EPIC F***ING WIN! :D

Snake Shadow09
02-02-2011, 07:22 AM

this is exactly how i feel!

General Hawk
02-02-2011, 09:50 AM
I think it's a safe bet that the events in this episode either result in Destro's mask, or directly lead up to him getting the mask. After all, The Baroness calls him "Destro" during the Homecoming 2-parter, and we probably don't have a whole lot more episodes to go before that one would have normally aired.

I am loving this. This whole new continuity is great. We've got the familiar faces, but trying to figure out how it all fits together is awesome!

The best part is, I totally and completely trust the Renegades writing staff. However they decide to get Destro in his mask, I have faith that it will make sense and be dramatic.

I can't wait! This Friday is going to be epic...and it might lead to another epic episode NEXT weekend. I hope so! Just imagine? In a two episode stretch we get Destro and Firefly? Bad ass.

RenHoek
02-02-2011, 05:43 PM
I have to say, it looks like it's gonna be a pretty busy episode. Tentacle monsters, Scrap-Iron, and mechs? Oh my! Anyone else wondering if we'll see any Iron Grenadiers this episode?