PDA

View Full Version : GI Joe Renegades Episode 10 - Busted Discussion

kennywr22
01-28-2011, 05:46 PM
So I'm not familiar with laws real name. Was that him?

Bryon
01-28-2011, 05:47 PM
Christopher M. Levigne is his name (wow, I got that from memory!). Not sure on the spelling of the last name.

What did he go by in the show?

kennywr22
01-28-2011, 05:51 PM
That was him then. Sweet. I figured it was since the dog looked just like order.

crock master
01-28-2011, 05:53 PM
im doing david lee roth jump kicks in spandex

RenHoek
01-28-2011, 05:58 PM
Aw man, Law?! Sweet! Thank god I recorded the 10:30 showing.

kennywr22
01-28-2011, 06:01 PM
Good episode. Loved pregnant scarlet. I could see law joining flints team.

XAMOT
01-28-2011, 06:04 PM
Not a bad episode. And the comedy made me Laugh harder than I ever had while watching Gi joe :)

But I didn't see Xamot yet when they said he would be in this episode. >:(

OpusJoe
01-28-2011, 06:04 PM
That was a pretty good episode- having grown up on the original episodes- I approve of this story line and I think they have all been great. Love Law and Orders intro

MFJayman
01-28-2011, 06:06 PM
Man, I really enjoyed this episode. Much more than I thought I would. Even though it was still a deviation from the main Joe vs. Cobra storyline (which we all pretty much knew it would be anyway), it was still a lot of fun. YAY!

kennywr22
01-28-2011, 06:15 PM
So next week we have mindbender and Bio vipers. So who's the mysterious cobra secret agent? ?

MFJayman
01-28-2011, 06:15 PM
Not a bad episode. And the comedy made me Laugh harder than I ever had while watching Gi joe :)

But I didn't see Xamot yet when they said he would be in this episode. >:(

I thought the humor was pretty good in this to. Scarlett was especially good, IMO. And hey, did I hear her introduce herself at one point as ZARANA? Was I hearing things? Her prego-gutter-tramp outfit definitely had a Zarana feel to it, didn't it?

Oh, and I want a trailer-tramp version of Scarlett in toy form...and a Santa Roadblock, and Elf TR. I guess the show would have to do REALLY well for that to ever happen.

RolandofGilead
01-28-2011, 06:16 PM
So when do the other Joes stop making cameos and start joining the team? I still don't know why Breaker left after one episode.

edhellman
01-28-2011, 06:28 PM
so anyone new appear aside from Law? Any bad guys who have appeared before come back (like zartan or destro or scrap iron)?

Psyche-Out
01-28-2011, 06:32 PM
So next week we have mindbender and Bio vipers. So who's the mysterious cobra secret agent? ?

Firefly

Black Swan
01-28-2011, 06:38 PM
Definitely not one of best episode but it was entertaining. Pokemon Duke in lock up was weird but I guess Duke (again)getting captured was nothing new. I think the preggo Scarlet was hilarious maybe too over the top but it was funny seeing.
It was cool seeing a Law and Order cameo. Was the warden Tomax ??? or are the episodes out of order again.

MFJayman
01-28-2011, 06:40 PM
so anyone new appear aside from Law? Any bad guys who have appeared before come back (like zartan or destro or scrap iron)?

I didn't notice anyone else being explicitly identified, as Law was. There were a lot who I thought might turn out to be named baddies, like the warden, or maybe the chop shop boss, but...eh. Still can't help thinking we'll be seeing that warden again, though. Just seemed too sinister to be a random no-good warden.

Zablorg
01-28-2011, 06:46 PM
Where did we get confirmation from that Tomax and Xamot would appear in episode 10? As I recall it was just sort of out of the blue without any links to episode descriptions or anything.

RenHoek
01-28-2011, 06:48 PM
So when do the other Joes stop making cameos and start joining the team? I still don't know why Breaker left after one episode.

The Coyote can only hold so many people. And Breaker's still around, he just isn't travelling with them.

kennywr22
01-28-2011, 06:50 PM
There was never any confirmation of tomax or xamot in this episode.

MFJayman
01-28-2011, 06:54 PM
Where did we get confirmation from that Tomax and Xamot would appear in episode 10? As I recall it was just sort of out of the blue without any links to episode descriptions or anything.

That's what I thought as well.

MFJayman
01-28-2011, 07:06 PM
I liked the inter-character banter in this episode quite a bit. Liked the dialogue generally. I really feel like I'm getting to know these characters pretty well by now.

I liked how RB and TR seemed to be doing a bit more, using their skills. But Scarlett seemed to be the standout, in this ep.

Monkeywrench
01-28-2011, 07:07 PM
This is the first episode that I didn't really enjoy. It was ok and I liked Law and Order but overall it was a meh

Monkeywrench
01-28-2011, 07:09 PM

I'm thinking it will be Scrap iron

luigi
01-28-2011, 07:11 PM
im thinking firefly is the cobra secret agent

kennywr22
01-28-2011, 07:14 PM
Hmmm ..could be scrap iron. Wonder why they say he turns out to be not who he seems? Its ripcord back and pissed off.lol.

luigi
01-28-2011, 07:15 PM
Hmmm ..could be scrap iron. Wonder why they say he turns out to be not who he seems? Its ripcord back and pissed off.lol.

maybe but highly unlikely
also i still say firefly

kennywr22
01-28-2011, 07:17 PM
Im hoping justin get's the bigger promo up for viewing soon. While I did enjoy the episode its cool that it looks like a lot of cobra coming up.

The Commander
01-28-2011, 07:28 PM
Haha loved the "arena of sport" reference to the old cartoon!

edhellman
01-28-2011, 07:30 PM
if there is one character who has really stood out in this series for me it has been Scarlett. She has always been necessary to the stories but sort of a blah character. The Renegades look and attitude has made her one of my favorites right away. My coworkers keep ripping out pages from my desk where I have sketched Renegades Scarlett. :P

I hope we get a toon accurate figure and I really can't wait for to watch this latest Scarlett heavy episode!

Here is hoping for an episode that focuses more on the romance between her and Snake Eyes! (I can't believe I asked for that)

Trooper13
01-28-2011, 07:36 PM
Someone brought up Ripcord not having died, and coming back as Firefly. I think that would just put this series over the top. Things have been awesome so far. It'd be a cool way to tie RoC, and IDW together. Someone had mentioned in a past incarnation that Firefly had been a former Joe. Not sure which one. If that's the way this all shakes down, I'd be flat out speechless. What a great way to tie EVERYTHING together and start anew. I wouldn't put anything past this show, it's been so great.

Monkeywrench
01-28-2011, 07:36 PM
Haha loved the "arena of sport" reference to the old cartoon!

That was nice

RenHoek
01-28-2011, 07:40 PM
So, is this episode supposed to take place before or after Homecoming? And if it's not, is it before Return of the Arashikage?

edhellman
01-28-2011, 07:43 PM
As long as firefly isnt popping jokes I am ok with it.

Monkeywrench
01-28-2011, 07:45 PM
So, is this episode supposed to take place before or after Homecoming? And if it's not, is it before Return of the Arashikage?

after the Arashikage 2 parter but before the homecoming 2 parter

Tony_Bacala
01-28-2011, 07:46 PM
It was listed as episode 8 on the DVR. So thats after Arashikage, but before Homecoming.

Black Swan
01-28-2011, 07:47 PM
There was never any confirmation of tomax or xamot in this episode.
Alright good to know I wouldn't want to be the one spread false rumour...
Someone brought up Ripcord not having died, and coming back as Firefly. I think that would just put this series over the top. Things have been awesome so far. It'd be a cool way to tie RoC, and IDW together. Someone had mentioned in a past incarnation that Firefly had been a former Joe. Not sure which one. If that's the way this all shakes down, I'd be flat out speechless. What a great way to tie EVERYTHING together and start anew. I wouldn't put anything past this show, it's been so great.
Interesting. Not sure if it will happen that way but...
Now I am confused.When does this take place again?

BTW was that SE when lifted the googles to LJ at the end. I though he was disfigured ????

Monkeywrench
01-28-2011, 08:00 PM
Now I am confused.When does this take place again?

BTW was that SE when lifted the googles to LJ at the end. I though he was disfigured ????

Check the 2 posts above you.

It was Duke

JoeMama
01-28-2011, 08:10 PM
firefly? no way, that's cobra commander all the way as the agent in the next episode. He's setting up the joes for capture / execution.
adam decobray / cobra commander all the way.
at first I thought it was an homage to the scared trooper / cobra from the original Marvel comic run, but it is def. decobray.
didn't we already see Scrap Iron earlier in the season, he was disfigured when the helicoptor exploded in a MARS lab, right?
great episode.
I thought that was Junkyard & Mutt at first, since he called the dog Mutt, but than Levine over & over, and a Law & Order reference later in the show.
Great episode.
I liked.

Black Swan
01-28-2011, 08:10 PM
after the Arashikage 2 parter but before the homecoming 2 parter
Check.
It was listed as episode 8 on the DVR. So thats after Arashikage, but before Homecoming.
and Check
Check the 2 posts above you.

It was Duke
and Thanks.
I will have see the replay again.Just to be sure.;)

Monkeywrench
01-28-2011, 08:20 PM

I gotta say no to this. I want Ripcord to stay dead and FireFly to be his own identity.

edhellman
01-28-2011, 08:26 PM
I have noticed no one else has really died aside from Ripcord (Hard Master doesnt count really cuz he was in a flashback)... if Ripcord ends up as Firefly, that means no one has died yet which certainly makes the show seem less gritty.

carion
01-28-2011, 08:33 PM
It could be Chuckles disguised as a Cobra agent sent in by Hawk (off the record) to investigate Scarlets claims taht Cobra is a criminal organization.

MFJayman
01-28-2011, 09:19 PM
Im hoping justin get's the bigger promo up for viewing soon. While I did enjoy the episode its cool that it looks like a lot of cobra coming up.

HELL

YES.

Awesome that it looks like the next episode, or 2, will take us right down into a major Cobra base/compound/facility, full of Cobra goodness. Or badness.

Both of the next 2 episodes do take place in a Cobra "facility", right? Thought that's what I read. So I'm assuming...same facility? Maybe they'll have the feel of a 2-parter.

MFJayman
01-28-2011, 09:23 PM
I can't believe I missed the ep. 11 promo. WTF?! Where the hell was I? I'll tell you, I was right there in front of the screen! I don't get it...

General Hawk
01-28-2011, 09:24 PM
Dude...the voice of that Cobra agent was totally Clancy Brown. Sounded JUST like him. So the Cobra agent is either nobody special (hence Brown doing double duty) or it's Destro.

Considering this Cobra facility is designing Exo-Armor (the same thing Destro was doing in "Rage") I think it's gotta be him.

Maybe we will end up seeing some Scrap Iron, too.

My DVR's runnin'!

Master Thespian
01-28-2011, 09:28 PM
I almost lost it with the baby daddy line. Loved this ep.

fireflyguy
01-28-2011, 09:28 PM
I really enjoyed this episode. Good plot, good action. I caught the "law and order" line and knew hat it had to be L&O even though I didn't remember his name.

I loved Scarlett's trailer park trash act. That was frickin' hilarious.

kennywr22
01-28-2011, 09:50 PM
Yep I'm saying destro is the agent. It's called enemy if my enemy right?

General Hawk
01-28-2011, 09:53 PM
Yep I'm saying destro is the agent. It's called enemy if my enemy right?

Correct. "The Enemy of my Enemy".

Of course, the whole saying is "The Enemy of my Enemy is my friend"...so Destro could see the Joes as being Cobra's enemy, and he decides to work with them to bring down Cobra.

Seems like a big stretch considering he was working so tightly with them previously. I would imagine something major would have had to happen.

ChaplainAsst
01-28-2011, 09:57 PM
Not a bad episode. I was hoping the warden was going to be Dr. Venom - sort of looked like him. One of the background folks - can't remember if it was a guard or prisoner - looked like a Dreadnok too. Nice to see Law and Order - although was a little confusing when the dog was called "mutt". I AM ready for them to stop saying "ordinary joes".

Zablorg
01-28-2011, 10:02 PM
Correct. "The Enemy of my Enemy".

Of course, the whole saying is "The Enemy of my Enemy is my friend"...so Destro could see the Joes as being Cobra's enemy, and he decides to work with them to bring down Cobra.

Seems like a big stretch considering he was working so tightly with them previously. I would imagine something major would have had to happen.

If this is the episode with the "hostile takeover", it may well be that Destro sees no choice than to use the Joes' help for the one episode.

General Hawk
01-28-2011, 10:04 PM
Okay, I got the promo.

SCRAP IRON. Wow. Check it out. This was a quick screenshot, full thing will be up on YouTube shortly.

I just had to post this, though. That's gotta be Scraps.

RenHoek
01-28-2011, 10:14 PM
Okay, I got the promo.

SCRAP IRON. Wow. Check it out. This was a quick screenshot, full thing will be up on YouTube shortly.

Holy crap. That is one seriously screwed-up face.

kennywr22
01-28-2011, 10:25 PM
Wow. Just saw the promo on the hub. This episode looks epic. Definitely destro and I love scrap irons new face .lol. can not wait for this!

MFJayman
01-28-2011, 10:50 PM
I almost lost it with the baby daddy line. Loved this ep.

I loved Scarlett's trailer park trash act. That was frickin' hilarious.

That was great. The writers and animators must have had a lot of fun with that, and a good laugh.

Zablorg
01-28-2011, 11:28 PM
In Hawk's review it says the Coyote has "hologram mode". What is that, exactly?

General Hawk
01-28-2011, 11:39 PM
In Hawk's review it says the Coyote has "hologram mode". What is that, exactly?

As Scarlett is trying to reroute power, she clicks some buttons, and the Coyote projects a hologram over itself to look like completely different vehicles. It seems different from the "chameleon mode" we'd seen before, which just changed the trucks deco.

Quite similar to how Zartan's tech worked back in the day...

Zablorg
01-28-2011, 11:44 PM
It's just one thing after another with that van, isn't it?

Atomic Platypus
01-29-2011, 12:18 AM
It's just one thing after another with that van, isn't it?

And yet...the Joes have only utilized the "van" part lol.

Anybody else think Flint got owned a bit too easily by some inmates? I was expecting him to start kicking all sorts of hand-to-hand ass...tackleing people and whatnot.

All in all, this episode was awesome. Can not wait for next weeks episode.

Wylde Weezle
01-29-2011, 01:06 AM
Watching the whole episode again just to see Scarlett in action and looking for glimpses of who the warden might be, if there's some hint he could eventually be connected to Cobra. I thought it was great when "Lawyer" Scarlett introduced herself as Sabrina Plissken...which I took to be a possible reference to "Snake" Plissken ;D Trailer trash Scarlett -- my hands down favorite disguise ever over any other one she's had across all incarnations of GI Joe whether cartoons or comics!!

MFJayman
01-29-2011, 01:11 AM
As Scarlett is trying to reroute power, she clicks some buttons, and the Coyote projects a hologram over itself to look like completely different vehicles. It seems different from the "chameleon mode" we'd seen before, which just changed the trucks deco.

Quite similar to how Zartan's tech worked back in the day...

Yeah that was...odd. I thought they would have had the whole deceptive-elusive-camo thing covered with Chameleon mode. And I thought Scarlett had been bragging about how she had read the manual (when she was arguing with RB about the engine repair). She must have glossed over the Special Features section.

Gatchaman
01-29-2011, 01:13 AM
Another good episode but I just don't know how (or even if) they are planning on getting all these cameo's to be part of a full fledged secret military unit.

Zablorg
01-29-2011, 01:16 AM
Yeah that was...odd. I thought they would have had the whole deceptive-elusive-camo thing covered with Chameleon mode. And I thought Scarlett had been bragging about how she had read the manual (when she was arguing with RB about the engine repair). She must have glossed over the Special Features section.

Consider that the only reason Breaker knew about the Chameleon mode was because that information was leaked by a Cobra mechanic. I doubt that secrecy of the features are treated loosely enough to be put in the manual. I imagine Cobra's just loading up on the features to assist them when they begin their RUTHLESS TERRORIST AGENDA!

MFJayman
01-29-2011, 01:35 AM
Consider that the only reason Breaker knew about the Chameleon mode was because that information was leaked by a Cobra mechanic. I doubt that secrecy of the features are treated loosely enough to be put in the manual. I imagine Cobra's just loading up on the features to assist them when they begin their RUTHLESS TERRORIST AGENDA!

That's true, I have to admit I forgot about that Breaker bit. Man, there's a lot of little things to remember in this show so far.

Mint Condition
01-29-2011, 02:56 AM
Law and Order!

Eff yeah!

That was awesome. Great episode (as usual).

Seriously loving the show. I can't wait for a blu-ray release.

Shimaneboy
01-29-2011, 02:57 AM
I really enjoyed this episode. My wife has recently started watching renegades with me and has seen all of them now except homecoming and the arashikage one. She is hooked on them now! We loved this episode and laughed our heads off at "baby's daddy" Scarlett!! Renegades really delivers!!!

Monkeywrench
01-29-2011, 03:31 AM
Okay, I got the promo.

for sure. I called it earlier in the thread. He looks badass!!

Black Swan
01-29-2011, 03:40 AM
Looks like he is missing a eye and with all those scars. Nasty !
Yeah Scrappy's got a beef against the Joes.

jroccc
01-29-2011, 06:02 AM
I have been totally and unexpectedly impressed with G.I. Joe Renegades. I love all the easter eggs for all of us "old" fans. I love all of the cameos. Someone mentioned that the warden looked like Dr. Venom and I totally agree. I also thought one of the inmates looked like Monkeywrench.

Zefram
01-29-2011, 08:16 AM
Arrggh! I missed it yesterday! When is this hitting the torrents?! >_<

Trooper13
01-29-2011, 08:49 AM
It still amazes me all the adult humor thrown in to this series.
Between Scarlet, and the Warden's "going all Ghandi" comment, there is so much in there for us. Lady jaye's little quips are awesome. There are times you completely forget that this is made for kids. My girl loves the show, which is awesome since she never really cared for Joe before this. I think it really says something that this show is able to entertain an entire family that ranges from 3 to 36.

General Hawk
01-29-2011, 09:46 AM
You know a show is a quality show when you like it MORE upon repeated viewings. Especially a kid's show.

I was a bit lukewarm when I watched this the first time around, but it's grown on me tremendously with repeated viewings. I absolutely love the sophisticated language. Referencing Ghandi was pure gold. The show doesn't feel like it's written down to a lower audience. Awesome.

Granted, I would have much rather seen some good Cobra action, but it looks like we should start getting into that next week. I'm getting fired up to see things start moving along.

Next week we've got plenty of Cobra stuff going on, judging by the promo. Then Firefight is next, which introduces Firefly!

Whiteout? Who knows... maybe Snow Job's guest starring role?

I dunno, all I know is that we've got some great stuff to look forward to, and as we get closer to where (we think) Homecoming was originally written, I think things are really going to pick up steam.

Steel Brigade
01-29-2011, 10:22 AM
I thought this episode was excellent. Trailer Trash Scarlett... EPIC!! lol

Jay West
01-29-2011, 11:17 AM
This was an excellent Action Adventure movie. This felt just like a Hollywood movie you might see on the big screen. I liked how the evil warden knew who Duke was.

Blue Ninja
01-29-2011, 11:33 AM
Watching the whole episode again just to see Scarlett in action and looking for glimpses of who the warden might be, if there's some hint he could eventually be connected to Cobra. I thought it was great when "Lawyer" Scarlett introduced herself as Sabrina Plissken...which I took to be a possible reference to "Snake" Plissken ;D Trailer trash Scarlett -- my hands down favorite disguise ever over any other one she's had across all incarnations of GI Joe whether cartoons or comics!!

I agree. Funny thing is that -- and I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong -- I think it might the first Snake Plissken reference in Joe history, despite the obvious connection.

And I so want the Trailer Trash Scarlett figure!!!

Blue Ninja
01-29-2011, 12:11 PM
Another good episode but I just don't know how (or even if) they are planning on getting all these cameo's to be part of a full fledged secret military unit.

I don't think they do. I think we might get a few over time, but I think the cameos are just fan service.

In the end of the series, when Cobra is exposed (At least to Hawk), then the Renegades will be pardoned/"killed" and established as a Top Secret force to "officially" work against Cobra.

However, it occurs to me that there may be a major problem with defeating Cobra in this incarnation.

While as a criminal/terrorist group with some corporate facades, it was theoretically possible, like taking out a particular mob family, drug cartel or terrorist group...not easy, but possible.

But this version of Cobra Corp is Haliburten, Microsoft, Wal Mart and Blackwater rolled up into one and put on Hulk Hogan's steroids. Much like the Japanese keiretsu...see Japanese Super-brands | Mistubishi | Sony | Yamaha | Honda | brandchannel.com (http://www.brandchannel.com/features_effect.asp?pf_id=437) for a nice little lesson...
Or like GM or AEG, it might be too big to fail.
I am losing my train of thought here...failing to explain. Let me try this one last example...
The old Cobra might stir up revolutionaries or assassinate a leader, but the Rengades' Cobra is more likely to get the United States to invade the Middle East so it could open new SSS Marts in Baghdad. (Not to mention the profits from the weapons sales, etc.)

How could a bunch of ordinary Joes bring that down? Even GI Joes?

WildWill
01-29-2011, 12:13 PM
My only problem was that Scarlett, who's supposed to be military intelligence, was really awful at lying to the local officials. One would think she'd be better at that.

Loved the Plissken reference. Loved the action. Snake-Eyes really shone in this episode too. As did all of the Joes, except Duke who was just...Duke. I love though that Scarlett was all "Duke's being a white knight again" attitude.

John_0515
01-29-2011, 12:23 PM
I don't think they do. I think we might get a few over time, but I think the cameos are just fan service.

In the end of the series, when Cobra is exposed (At least to Hawk), then the Renegades will be pardoned/"killed" and established as a Top Secret force to "officially" work against Cobra.

However, it occurs to me that there may be a major problem with defeating Cobra in this incarnation.

While as a criminal/terrorist group with some corporate facades, it was theoretically possible, like taking out a particular mob family, drug cartel or terrorist group...not easy, but possible.

But this version of Cobra Corp is Haliburten, Microsoft, Wal Mart and Blackwater rolled up into one and put on Hulk Hogan's steroids. Much like the Japanese keiretsu...see Japanese Super-brands | Mistubishi | Sony | Yamaha | Honda | brandchannel.com (http://www.brandchannel.com/features_effect.asp?pf_id=437) for a nice little lesson...
I am losing my train of thought here...failing to explain. Let me try this one last example...
The old Cobra might stir up revolutionaries or assassinate a leader, but the Rengades' Cobra is more likely to get the United States to invade the Middle East so it could open new SSS Marts in Baghdad. (Not to mention the profits from the weapons sales, etc.)

I'm looking for it, but I read somewhere that the second series of this incarnation will not be called "Renegades".

ArcticCG
01-29-2011, 12:32 PM
Damn, this episode is still not on youtube to watch... This show is airing in Canada but were are 6 weeks behind in the episodes.

MFJayman
01-29-2011, 02:41 PM

See, thatís what excites me so much about Renegades Cobra. They are big and powerful in a way that makes sense, they are ultra-competent, and their ability to influence, or even control, the policy decisions of countries from Cambodia to the US, would be entirely believable. They have sooo much potential in Renegades, it boggles my mind.

Also, Iím convinced that by the end of season 1, or early season 2, Teams Duke and Flint will have united, and the cameo characters will have rallied to the Joes, and a real full-fledged G.I. Joe team, with at least some hope of succeeding against Cobra, will have formed.

Trooper13
01-29-2011, 02:52 PM
My only problem was that Scarlett, who's supposed to be military intelligence, was really awful at lying to the local officials. One would think she'd be better at that.

Loved the Plissken reference. Loved the action. Snake-Eyes really shone in this episode too. As did all of the Joes, except Duke who was just...Duke. I love though that Scarlett was all "Duke's being a white knight again" attitude.

Well in all fairness, she's a leuitenant. So she's pretty new to the game. Where as the old lady behind the counter has likely been dealing with people trying to run a line on her for probably 30 years or more. To a younger secretary she'd likely have had no problem. Remember, this is where Scarlet learns her trade. Officers get trained "out of the manual", it's not until they get field experience that they really become effective at their job.

Blue Ninja
01-29-2011, 03:43 PM
Well in all fairness, she's a leuitenant. So she's pretty new to the game. Where as the old lady behind the counter has likely been dealing with people trying to run a line on her for probably 30 years or more. To a younger secretary she'd likely have had no problem. Remember, this is where Scarlet learns her trade. Officers get trained "out of the manual", it's not until they get field experience that they really become effective at their job.

Moreover, Military Intelligence is not about being a spy, in its primary role. It is about analysis, particularly for a new Lt. It seems obvious from this episode and from the premier, Scarlett wasn't/isn't trained as a field operative. Heck, it doesn't even seem like she has been trained in Counter Intelligence (spy hunting).
It seems more likely that she was an upstart newbie assigned some unimportant/minor monitoring station who wanted to make a big name for herself and got "lucky" with a lead and hoped to cash in, per se.

RenHoek
01-29-2011, 08:34 PM

Well, I could see the Joes having to gather all of their friends they made along the way for some sort of major battle against Cobra for the season finale, like Avatar: The Last Airbender did.

John_0515
01-29-2011, 08:57 PM
Well, I could see the Joes having to gather all of their friends they made along the way for some sort of major battle against Cobra for the season finale, like Avatar: The Last Airbender did.

That would be epic.

SPECTER
01-29-2011, 09:51 PM
anywhere to watch this episode online? HUB On Demand doesn't put Joe on and the youtube guy hasn't done 9 or 10 yet.

Trooper13
01-29-2011, 10:09 PM
Moreover, Military Intelligence is not about being a spy, in its primary role. It is about analysis, particularly for a new Lt. It seems obvious from this episode and from the premier, Scarlett wasn't/isn't trained as a field operative. Heck, it doesn't even seem like she has been trained in Counter Intelligence (spy hunting).
It seems more likely that she was an upstart newbie assigned some unimportant/minor monitoring station who wanted to make a big name for herself and got "lucky" with a lead and hoped to cash in, per se.

Good point. I worked in technical intelligence, and while there were some more covert type things. Alot of what we dealt with was just handling of information, and keeping, and delivery of cryptography. The MI guys usually just got the intel, and analyzed it, then gave that to us and it went to the brass, who then gave their orders to us, and then we gave that to the forward units. That's not to say that you don't get into what many people think of as intelligence and counter-intelligence work in those fields. There are stories I could tell, but I can't, if you follow. However, Military Intelligence, isn't necessarily espionage, in the strict sense. Though, as I said, given the situation, things can get very bizarre and up close and personal very quickly. It's interesting work, but it's not 007 material. Atleast, most of the time.

Monkeywrench
01-29-2011, 10:19 PM

That would be awesome!!

MFJayman
01-29-2011, 10:53 PM

That's what I'm thinking too, and I'm also betting that this is when Flint will join with Duke as well, maybe just in time to save Team Duke from annihilation.

I think the season finale is going to be incredible.

RenHoek
01-29-2011, 11:08 PM
That's what I'm thinking too, and I'm also betting that this is when Flint will join with Duke as well, maybe just in time to save Team Duke from annihilation.

I think the season finale is going to be incredible.

Yeah, I imagine the Revelations season finale is going to be a big battle full of action.

MFJayman
01-29-2011, 11:20 PM
Yeah, I imagine the Revelations season finale is going to be a big battle full of action.

I'm assuming from the title "Revelations" that the truth about CObra will be revealed, if not to the world at large, than at least to key people like Hawk and Flint, allowing for a full Joe team to be officialized, at least covertly.

Adamantite
01-29-2011, 11:29 PM
anywhere to watch this episode online? HUB On Demand doesn't put Joe on and the youtube guy hasn't done 9 or 10 yet.

Apparently not, I've been looking all over.

MFJayman
01-29-2011, 11:50 PM

I assume we are talking about the guy called GIJoeRenegades on Youtube, right? Strangely, he did have episode 9 up for a while, but not for last week or so. Not sure if this bodes well for him posting ep. 10. He usually seems to have the latest episode up within a day or two of its airing.

Mr.Kane
01-30-2011, 12:17 AM
I hopping 1 of these pop up characters will join the team at some point it time. Maybe the 2nd season I guess.

Trooper13
01-30-2011, 12:21 AM
I think we'll eventually see many of these characters become full fledged members, and others possibly reserve members. I think it's too early to tell if they are just throwing these in there to give us older guys something to smile at, or if they have plans down the road. Remember, the team won't be on the run forever. The Renegades monicker will eventually disappear. Hasbro confirmed this way back. So wether we get a full blown Joe team, or wether it's more of a network of soldiers, veterans, agents, and civillians, remains to be seen.

Bombardier
01-30-2011, 12:50 AM
Good episode. But I gotta say, Lady Jaye is getting away with far too much shit. And it's making Flint's character look like a completely naive bafoon.

As former military, i say it's about time for LJ to be court matialed.

MFJayman
01-30-2011, 12:58 AM
Good episode. But I gotta say, Lady Jaye is getting away with far too much shit. And it's making Flint's character look like a completely naive bafoon.

As former military, i say it's about time for LJ to be court matialed.

Or spanked. I'm sure Flint would be up for that task. Should be, anyway.

Monkeywrench
01-30-2011, 04:21 AM

I agree

Black Swan
01-30-2011, 04:29 AM
When I saw my boy Flint nearly getting punked by the two prison rioters I almost puked. The LJ insubordination is something I can deal with but Flint nearly taken hostage.No way!!! He's not Duke!

General Hawk
01-30-2011, 08:22 AM
I assume we are talking about the guy called GIJoeRenegades on Youtube, right? Strangely, he did have episode 9 up for a while, but not for last week or so. Not sure if this bodes well for him posting ep. 10. He usually seems to have the latest episode up within a day or two of its airing.

Yeah, I noticed when I saw his vid for Episode 9 embedded somewhere and tried to watch it, it was labeled as removed upon request of the trademark owner or something like that. Sounds like they may have gotten in trouble for it.

MFJayman
01-30-2011, 11:06 AM
When I saw my boy Flint nearly getting punked by the two prison rioters I almost puked. The LJ insubordination is something I can deal with but Flint nearly taken hostage.No way!!! He's not Duke!

Yeah but didn't those rioters kind of creep up out of the smoke and take Flint by surprise? Still, once they had him, he didn't seem to put up too much of a struggle, but...maybe if they had 3 or 4 rioters holding him, it would have come off better.

Shogi
01-30-2011, 11:12 AM
Yeah, I noticed when I saw his vid for Episode 9 embedded somewhere and tried to watch it, it was labeled as removed upon request of the trademark owner or something like that. Sounds like they may have gotten in trouble for it.

Yeah, I think Hasbro got tired of being beaten to the punch. I noticed the same day that episode 9 was pulled, Hubworld had it up on their site:

G.I. Joe Renegades Videos | View G.I. Joe Renegades Videos on The Hub (http://www.hubworld.com/gi-joe/shows/renegades/videos)

Course they're not as proactive on getting new episodes up on their site as he was it would seem, but I could be wrong and they could get it up today or tomorrow.

I understand them wanting people to come to their site and watch their videos and such, but they gotta be a lot less slack about that business for those of us who don't get the Hub channel

MFJayman
01-30-2011, 11:26 AM
I think we'll eventually see many of these characters become full fledged members, and others possibly reserve members. I think it's too early to tell if they are just throwing these in there to give us older guys something to smile at, or if they have plans down the road. Remember, the team won't be on the run forever. The Renegades monicker will eventually disappear. Hasbro confirmed this way back. So wether we get a full blown Joe team, or wether it's more of a network of soldiers, veterans, agents, and civillians, remains to be seen.

I suppose another important factor, aside from the future size and organization of the Joe team, would be whether or not any other characters would become main, or primary, characters at some point, or whether it will always remain Duke, Scarlett, TR, RB, SE as the core group.

I think it would be cool to see another group of Joes, for instance Stalker, Shipwreck, Doc, Steeler, and 1 or 2 more (for example) be the main characters in perhaps a future 2-parter, or a short run of consecutive episodes, just to highlight a few different characters, and give a breather from the main main caste of Duke, Scarlett, etc..

Trooper13
01-30-2011, 02:06 PM
I suppose another important factor, aside from the future size and organization of the Joe team, would be whether or not any other characters would become main, or primary, characters at some point, or whether it will always remain Duke, Scarlett, TR, RB, SE as the core group.

I think it would be cool to see another group of Joes, for instance Stalker, Shipwreck, Doc, Steeler, and 1 or 2 more (for example) be the main characters in perhaps a future 2-parter, or a short run of consecutive episodes, just to highlight a few different characters, and give a breather from the main main caste of Duke, Scarlett, etc..

Good point. I seem to remember them saying that as people get injured, and they will, that they will be bringing in replacements. So if everything stays on track with the show. I think we'll see people come and go. Maybe not Duke, SE, and Scarlet so much, but definitely TR and Roadblock. I'm atleast interested to see how this all pans out.

Zefram
01-30-2011, 02:47 PM
Finally saw the episode this morning.

Plot has been done to death in so many different mediums, but then when I stopped and thought about it, never in a kids show, so I won't take points away from that. Having a prison ep where prisoners are forced to fight is pretty hardcore for a afternoon toon.

Loved Scarlet's epic infiltration fail. She's clearly new at this and has a long way before she has Michael Weston-level skillz. Her final disguise was equally epic in terms of lulz.

Law and Order was a nice throw-in. I think people are reading too much into the whole Joe team being assembled this way, but even if it's just a one-time cameo, it's a nice bone to toss, and shows the writers have been doing their research.

As for Lady Jaye's insubordination, I think Flint lets her get away with a lot thinking she has no choice but to put up with him going after the guy who saved her life, and he's probably still trying to bone her so he's not gonna take it too seriously unless he finds out she's deliberately undermining him. After Homecoming pt 2 he has to be suspicious of her actions, but now there's enough doubt on his end regarding Cobra that he wants to hedge his bets.

Oh yeah, and he's as big a butt-monkey as Duke now. :D

BTW, anybody notice Tunnel Rat utilizing explosives (though how the blast in such a confined space didn't kill him...) after admitting not being an expert with them in "The Package"? Again, we see possible evidence of characters growing into their roles.

The ep could have been better, but could have been a lot worse too. It was just a filler ep, but it was a well-done filler ep. I'd give it a 7 out of 10.

MFJayman
01-30-2011, 03:26 PM
Yeah, it was nice seeing Scarlett totally failing at something that, in her own mind, she probably already thinks she is quite good at.

Then she went on to steal the episode with her whole trailer tramp routine. Without that baby bump, she would have actually looked pretty good. Yeah, I like my ladies traaashy...

MFJayman
01-30-2011, 03:33 PM
Good point. I seem to remember them saying that as people get injured, and they will, that they will be bringing in replacements. So if everything stays on track with the show. I think we'll see people come and go. Maybe not Duke, SE, and Scarlet so much, but definitely TR and Roadblock. I'm atleast interested to see how this all pans out.

I've said it before, but I'd really love to see them "kill" off SE at some point, and make his "death" as convincing as possible. And keep him gone for a good portion of a season. Now wouldn't that throw everything, and everyone, into a tizzy.
Not sure how they'd pull it off, but I'm hoping for it.

Bombardier
01-30-2011, 04:29 PM
I've said it before, but I'd really love to see them "kill" off SE at some point, and make his "death" as convincing as possible. And keep him gone for a good portion of a season. Now wouldn't that throw everything, and everyone, into a tizzy.
Not sure how they'd pull it off, but I'm hoping for it.

stab him in the stomache with a sword and have him fall into arctic cold waters.

haradrel
01-30-2011, 05:59 PM
stab him in the stomache with a sword and have him fall into arctic cold waters.

Psh, that sounds like something you would do in a rip-off B-movie (eh waitaminute :p).

I'm hoping we'll see Storm Shadow again before the end of the season.

Anyhoo, does anybody know how the show is doing? As in if it's successful or not for the HUB? I'm scared that this will only run one season and be canceled or something.

RenHoek
01-30-2011, 06:06 PM
Psh, that sounds like something you would do in a rip-off B-movie (eh waitaminute :p).

I'm hoping we'll see Storm Shadow again before the end of the season.

Anyhoo, does anybody know how the show is doing? As in if it's successful or not for the HUB? I'm scared that this will only run one season and be canceled or something.

Well, if the GI Joe Extreme cartoon lasted for 2 seasons, this is almost certain to run at least 3. Hopefully.

John_0515
01-30-2011, 06:14 PM
The ep could have been better, but could have been a lot worse too. It was just a filler ep, but it was a well-done filler ep. I'd give it a 7 out of 10.

You're so harsh! LOL.

It was better than a 7. The comedy alone - and character development was worth it.

Zefram
01-30-2011, 06:27 PM
You're so harsh! LOL.

It was better than a 7. The comedy alone - and character development was worth it.

Don't confuse me with reviewers who rate everything on a 5 - 10 scale. ;)

robear281
01-30-2011, 06:31 PM
anyone know what the deal is with youtube ? i can't find the episodes on there... are they not going to be on there anymore?

MeLikeJinx
01-30-2011, 08:04 PM
I really don't like these side mission episodes that don't really have anything to do with the overall Cobra/G.I. Joe story, but for whatever reason I liked this one. LOL.

Scarlett was funny in this ep, loved seeing Order (not so much Law, lol) and I am developing a serious crush on Renegades Lady Jaye. LOL.

RenHoek
01-30-2011, 08:06 PM
I liked Law. He seemed like a nice enough guy.

firefly069
01-30-2011, 09:11 PM
Great episode! Good law and order cameo! Even if it's an a-team rehash. well done!

People are hating on flint. If someone pulled a gun to my head, I don't think I would try and struggle either. I mean he's not snake eyes lol

Zefram
01-30-2011, 09:14 PM
Great episode! Good law and order cameo! Even if it's an a-team rehash. well done!

People are hating on flint. If someone pulled a gun to my head, I don't think I would try and struggle either. I mean he's not snake eyes lol

Even SE wasn't invincible when outnumbered in close quarters. Flint getting blindsided by two big dudes in a smokescreen isn't unrealistic.

manicmotive
01-30-2011, 09:16 PM
I thought the episode was great. The series is very entertaining if nothing else. I agree, the side missions do take away from the Cobra aspect. But what happens when Cobra gets discovered in the mass media? The Joes will be cleared and they will no longer be Renegades. I like them being on the lamb.

MFJayman
01-30-2011, 10:03 PM
I am developing a serious crush on Renegades Lady Jaye. LOL.

Me too. And I'm liking the new latina take on her. I'd like to see her in some real action though, kicking some butt. We haven't seen that yet, have we? Trying to think back...

I'm wondering how much they will develop the romantic links in the show. I guess we've gotten some development between Baroness and Destro (though rather one-sided so far). I'm looking forward to more Flint/L Jaye development.

firefly069
01-30-2011, 10:13 PM
Even SE wasn't invincible when outnumbered in close quarters. Flint getting blindsided by two big dudes in a smokescreen isn't unrealistic.

Exactly!

I also find it interesting that people complain about lack of cobra or why isn't there a big team blah blah blah....

Look at a lot of the ARAH episodes and they had 3 or 4 characters a lot of times. Cold Slither seems like a good example, or the one where the joes go dancing and get locked into that space ship or something like that. At least with renegades the shows are more credible.

I also find it interesting that most people on here really like the first 25 issues of the marvel joe run. It's because there aren't millions of characters and each one got some actual character development. Well the renegades writers are doing the same thing here, and they are getting panned for it.

I am enjoying this series so far, and I don't think fans should condemn it until the first season is complete as I think it will take the first 25 episodes to really get the story going.

John_0515
01-30-2011, 10:17 PM
don't confuse me with reviewers who rate everything on a 5 - 10 scale. ;)

lol!

powerbomb1411
01-31-2011, 01:21 AM
Loved Law & Order. Those are two of my favorites and showing Order as a badass, obedient, protective German Shepard was great to see.

takedown
01-31-2011, 04:49 AM
Finally saw the episode this morning...

Law and Order was a nice throw-in. I think people are reading too much into the whole Joe team being assembled this way, but even if it's just a one-time cameo, it's a nice bone to toss, and shows the writers have been doing their research.

I agree, its not going to be the multi-million dollar Army anymore. What did Transformers franchise learn, in Beast Machines, Beast Wars and Animated... Keep it Small Silly. We may see cameos, and recurring members, some fill-in slots, but nothing like we remember.

Also the beginnings of the marvel GI JOE comic under Larry Hama's idea by 1985 the original 13 were to retire and new members were to take their place. But it wasnt to be much bigger than a Platoon. But yeah Hasbro didnt learn their lesson back then. So we got all these figures that somehow toys dont sell as well as they did back then.

I see them using Renegades par of Transformers Animated enough easter eggs to keep us happy and a small enough cast to make money, instead of trying to make the entire 200 member team, and so the venders (walmart, Target, Toys R Us, Kmart) lose interest in the product with alot of cancelled items.

It would be epic to do an Avatar, The Last Airbender homage, but remember that was really for the epic end. Planned 5 years away. We might see little teaser moments along the way.

But I see the Renegades at 4 + Snake Eyes,
Falcons: Flint, Lady Jaye, for sure, but maybe they might start identifying the rest of his team (The A-Team never gave the MP's names except for the Commanding Officer and his aide).

Yes GI JOE does have enough names in its mythos to have every single person they meet be an easter egg, but will they do it? Maybe, maybe not. But I will watch as long as Renegades is on.

MFJayman
01-31-2011, 11:08 AM
For anyone still trying to find episode 10, looks like MrStardustLord on Youtube has uploaded the episode.

Freedom
01-31-2011, 11:52 AM
I like Renegades as a whole and the cameos are cool, but the plots for "Busted" and "Dreadnoks Rising" where just recycled '80's plots. Very remenicent of The A-Team, The Equalizer, or even Knight Rider. A dirty prison warden (Tango & Cash?) or a small town harrassed by bikers (Wild Hogs? lol). I hear in one upcoming episode, Duke and Scarlett get trapped in a basement and begin remenicing about previous episodes. In another, Roadblock and Tunnel Rat get an apartment together. They end up not getting along and draw a line down the center. Hillarity ensues when they can't figure out what to do, because the bathroom is on Roadblock's side and the kitchen is on Tunnel Rat's.

Cobra is as much G.I.Joe as Joe is. The best episodes are definitely the ones where Cobra shows up (with the exception of "Dreadnoks Rising"). Hopefully when Cobra gets more involved things will get turned up to 11.

Zefram
01-31-2011, 12:01 PM
I like Renegades as a whole and the cameos are cool, but the plots for "Busted" and "Dreadnoks Rising" where just recycled '80's plots. Very remenicent of The A-Team, The Equalizer, or even Knight Rider. A dirty prison warden (Tango & Cash?) or a small town harrassed by bikers (Wild Hogs? lol).

I mentioned something similar in my own review, but also that these kinds of plots have never really been done in animated form before, so while they may seem old and recycled to us (see: Cameron's Avatar) they're new to the intended audience.

maczero
01-31-2011, 12:46 PM
I have noticed no one else has really died aside from Ripcord (Hard Master doesnt count really cuz he was in a flashback)... if Ripcord ends up as Firefly, that means no one has died yet which certainly makes the show seem less gritty.I'm pretty sure Baroness killed a general. I think the Joes were framed for his murder.

Plot has been done to death in so many different mediums, but then when I stopped and thought about it, never in a kids show, so I won't take points away from that.It's not really original in cartoons either.

Tomax & Xamot
01-31-2011, 12:59 PM
I Loved it!!! Great to see Law & Order and can't wait to see what's next!!! :D

Trooper13
01-31-2011, 02:29 PM
I'm pretty sure Baroness killed a general. I think the Joes were framed for his murder.

I think it was Major Hidalgo, if memory serves. Pretty nasty way to go out. Tazed to ashes from the ass up.

Trooper618
02-01-2011, 09:10 AM
firefly? no way, that's cobra commander all the way as the agent in the next episode. He's setting up the joes for capture / execution.
adam decobray / cobra commander all the way.
at first I thought it was an homage to the scared trooper / cobra from the original Marvel comic run, but it is def. decobray.
didn't we already see Scrap Iron earlier in the season, he was disfigured when the helicoptor exploded in a MARS lab, right?
great episode.
I thought that was Junkyard & Mutt at first, since he called the dog Mutt, but than Levine over & over, and a Law & Order reference later in the show.
Great episode.
I liked.
The guard actualy said "that mutt"only referring to order with distain.

Troynos
02-01-2011, 09:16 AM
I don't know, the "throw away" names are starting to get kind of annoying.

I like the premise of Renegades, but I like episodes that are more centered on them doing something against Cobra. These guys should be building an underground resistance, finding ways to clear their names.

The Package, Homecoming have been the best episodes.

I thought "Busted" was a pretty hard topic to be having in a kids cartoon, I was amazed.

I don't see Levigne ever joining up with the Renegades or Flint, I think this will be the only appearance Levigne ever makes. He's a prison guard, a fresh one at that. So this will only be a "name" only appearance.

Which does prevent any future Law & Order from ever joining whatever Joe team the Renegades become.

I agree with whoever above said that the team will remain small. This is a new era in toys/cartoons and small team is where it's at.

RenHoek
02-01-2011, 06:50 PM
I don't see Levigne ever joining up with the Renegades or Flint, I think this will be the only appearance Levigne ever makes. He's a prison guard, a fresh one at that. So this will only be a "name" only appearance.

Which does prevent any future Law & Order from ever joining whatever Joe team the Renegades become.

I agree with whoever above said that the team will remain small. This is a new era in toys/cartoons and small team is where it's at.

I don't know, it could happen. He only said he was new at the prison, he could have previous training in the police or military.

dj7000
02-04-2011, 05:32 PM
Great episode and Scarlett looked hot!

Trooper13
02-04-2011, 08:01 PM
I don't know, it could happen. He only said he was new at the prison, he could have previous training in the police or military.

He looked pretty young, but that's a good point. He could be a former MP, or even a member of the National Guard. You never really know.

RenHoek
02-04-2011, 08:25 PM
He looked pretty young, but that's a good point. He could be a former MP, or even a member of the National Guard. You never really know.

Yeah, plus something about the way he acted towards Flint at the end there seemed to suggest that maybe he gets recruited by him, possibly later down the road. I don't know, there was just something about him and Order that stood out to me. They could be back.

Trooper13
02-04-2011, 08:31 PM
Yeah, plus something about the way he acted towards Flint at the end there seemed to suggest that maybe he gets recruited by him, possibly later down the road. I don't know, there was just something about him and Order that stood out to me. They could be back.

I agree. Given the nature of the show, hunting fugitives, and all. I'd think they'd be the most likely recruits of the characters we've seen. Not sure they want to bog down the dynamic of the cast with too many named characters, but Law and Order would seem a perfect fit for Team Flint.

RenHoek
02-04-2011, 08:37 PM
I agree. Given the nature of the show, hunting fugitives, and all. I'd think they'd be the most likely recruits of the characters we've seen. Not sure they want to bog down the dynamic of the cast with too many named characters, but Law and Order would seem a perfect fit for Team Flint.

Plus, like Flint Lady Jaye, he now has connections to Duke. Which seems to be the type of people Flint is recruiting for his search. He knows him enough to know he isn't a bad guy, but is probably still willing to take him down. I don't expect for him to become a main character, but to see him a for a few seconds helping Flint or in the background would be nice. Perhaps like how Scrap-Iron made a cameo in the last episode.

Owner of a Lonely B.A.T.
02-05-2011, 03:32 PM
I totally want the MP's from this episode...they's make excellent Green Shirts.

MFJayman
02-05-2011, 07:02 PM
I totally want the MP's from this episode...they's make excellent Green Shirts.

Yeah, and not just them, but the vehicles they were riding in too, which I think look great. I've never been much of a vehicle collector, but I might start if they produce some quality versions of the vehicles we've been seeing.

I'm hoping that black Cobra tank shown at the beginning of episode 1 reappears as well. I'd love one of those, with a Renegades Cobra Officer in the turret.

Mazinger
02-05-2011, 08:07 PM
Just saw it. haha Duke gets captured and forced to fight...again.
hahaha

maczero
02-08-2011, 09:59 AM
I totally want the MP's from this episode...they's make excellent Green Shirts.I want a "Trailer Park" Scarlett. C'mon someone's gotta be working on a custom!